• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What’s on your playlist?

NJohn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: Sept/Oct 2022
Finesterre Oct 2022
In reading different blogs and Camino journals, I see there are times when listening to music helps the journey for some of you. If you’ve created one, I’m curious to know what’s on your Camino playlist?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In reading different blogs and Camino journals, I see there are times when listening to music helps the journey for some of you. If you’ve created one, I’m curious to know what’s on your Camino playlist?
I just can't walk without music...even though it doesn't stop me talking to everyone and sundry ...just whip out the ear piece!

I love any kind of disco music, especially Donna Summer...same songs taped over and over....keeps my little legs going in order to keep up with "himself"
We've always tended to be fast walkers though.....steep Ascents excluded!!

Just love listening to upbeat music on those early morning walks when the sun is rising ....some dancing may occur too....not a pretty sight though!!

Also like Kylie Minogue.
Mostly it's the songs rather than the singer

When something quieter is needed, then it's Anita Baker, some John Denver or Diana Ross
Always keep 3 mini pods at the ready
All the best
Annette

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My best friend (I've known him since I was 15) decided to make me a playlist for my camino. One of the things we've always had in common was a love for music, and we've always had our differences about that as well. As it should be, really. So the silly git came up with this playlist, and I did play a couple of those songs on the way. I preferred my own choices though...

Attachments

• playlist.jpg
    playlist.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
I prefer silence myself, but I was passed on the trail once by a ‘plugged in’ peregrina, Just a few yards ahead she burst into song which I recognized from the opera Carmen, so I figured she was listening to that soundtrack. She had a lovely voice but, as she was much faster than I, she disappeared quickly into the distance, along with her singing. It was a brief memorable moment.

When I am tiered music helps me to go on.
Here one to listen too while seeing a sunrise over the mountain
Bon Camino

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I prefer silence myself, but I was passed on the trail once by a ‘plugged in’ peregrina, Just a few yards ahead she burst into song which I recognized from the opera Carmen, so I figured she was listening to that soundtrack. She had a lovely voice but, as she was much faster than I, she disappeared quickly into the distance, along with her singing. It was a brief memorable moment.
What? No I'm Gonna Be by the
Proclaimers?

Last edited:
My playlist?
1: Birdsong;
2: Wind, blowing through wheat, trees, across Telephone Wires, through the gaps in the masonry of ancient buildings, through an open window in an Albergue in August (I wish);
3: Tip-tap-tippity-tap - of an over-taking pilgrim with poles;
4: That sound that a fuente makes when you put the mouth of your water bottle into the flow of Adam's wine;
5: "Buen Camino"
6: The "Ttschhhh" of a maquina de cafe:
7: The "POP" of
a wine bottle cork achieving its destiny;
8: The "splash" of a shower (preferably at least warm);
9: the "Thap,Thap,Thap" of nesting Storks;
10: Boots on gravel;
11: Boots in mud;
12: "que quieres comer";
13: "Si".
14: The bells;
15: The Foghorn at the Lighthouse;
16: The ripples of the Sundering Sea around our broken boat;
19: ¿a Santiago?;
20: "¿ Orujo, Amigo ?";
21: "ve en paz";
22: "
Hey; Tinker. Fancy a beer..."

Set on Random Play and Repeat.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have relevant audiobooks for my flights and quiet relaxation time:
  • Oxenreider: At Home in the World
  • Cousineau: The Book of Roads
  • Chaucer: The Canterbury Tales
  • Armstrong: The Case for God
  • Augustine: Confessions
  • Cervantes: Don Quixote
  • Dillard: For the Time Being
  • The New Testament (read by Johnny Cash)
  • Whitman: Leaves of Grass
  • Ariosto: Orlando Furioso
  • Hemingway: The Sun Also Rises
  • If I have time, I'll load an MP3 of Lorca's poetry.
The music I've loaded is:
  • Eno: Music for Airports (Ambient 1)
  • Glass & Shankar: Passages
  • Irelander: Shabbat Olam: Sephardic Shabbat Unplugged
  • Latin Grammy Nominees 2000 (to get me up hills at mile 20)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The vast percentage of my brain capacity is already inundated and well endowed with lyrics from, ummm...almost every 60's Motown tune, up through the early 80's Classic Rock. Yet, I digress. :p

Nope, can't do music (mine or anyone else's) WHILE walking. Music is basically a medication for me. Sometimes, it's even been a bandaid. Camino is certainly an experience that needs to be contemplative, as far as this Gal is concerned. It's the only way I can truly grow because, less occupation of my senses leaves my Spirit open for more to pour in. 😍

My best friend (I've known him since I was 15) decided to make me a playlist for my camino. One of the things we've always had in common was a love for music, and we've always had our differences about that as well. As it should be, really. So the silly git came up with this playlist, and I did play a couple of those songs on the way. I preferred my own choices though...
Nice list

:) I occasionally pulled some tunes out on my phone - typically ones that connected me with thoughts of my daughters, when I was missing them or (virtually) walking with them. More often, and when I found myself alone in the grand cathedral of nature’s open space, I’d let myself sing out loud...stuff from musicals or pop songs that I’ve loved. Coming around some corners, though, I may have surprised (or scared) an unintended audience of peregrinos. Oh well. 😊

Two that kept coming up for me, though, were Cat Stevens’ “Miles from Nowhere” and a sung version of the Irish Blessing,

“May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may you be held in the palm of God’s hand. “

Camino karaoke anyone?

Buen Camino, with song in your heart.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This is what's on my list so far. There are some blanks, like R.E.M. (can't decide which songs), and other shorthand that you might not be able to decipher!

Joni Mitchell
River
Don’t Stop
Stones
Rappers Delight
Sugarhill Gang
Lovely Day
Country Road, James Taylor
Thank U Alanis Morisette
Live Like You Were Dyin’ Tim McGraw
I Gotta Feeling Black Eyed Peas
Shut Up And Dance Walk The Moon
Don’t Worry Be Happy Bobby McFerrin
Put A Little Love In Your Heart Jackie DeShannon
Forever In Blue Jeans Neil Diamond
Layla Derek & The Dominos
GaGa
Edge Of Glory
Shallow
Born This Way
Grigio Girls
A-Yo
XXXXXXX R.E.M.
What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong
I’m Like A Bird Nelly Furtado
Soak Up The Sun Sheryl Crow
Every Day Is A Winding Road Sheryl
Van Morrison
Bright Side Of The Road
Moondance
etc
Cat STEVENS
Moonshadow
Morning Has Broken
Good Day Sunshine ?
Here Comes The Sun
Dancing In The Streets Martha Reeves/Vandellas
Walk On U2
What’s Goin On Marvin Gaye
Mack The Knife Bobby Darin
Songs In The Key Of Life album, Stevie Wonder
Whenever God Shines His Light Van Morrison
And It Stoned Me Van Morrison
Knee Deep Zac Brown Band
Castaway Zac Brown Band
Dancin Away With My Heart Lady Antebellum
I Feel The Earth Move Carol King
Aint No Stopping Us Now McFadden & Whitehead
Bohemian Rhapsody Queen
Radio GaGa
Fat Bottom Girls
Don’t Stop Me Now
Somebody To Love
Free Fallin Tom Petty
Run-in Down A Dream
The Waiting
Learning To Fly
Simply The Best Tina Turner
Man In The Mirror Michael Jackson
Unwritten Natasha Benningfield
Song Of The Heart Prince
Don’t Stop Fleetwood Mac
Uptown Funk Bruno Mars
With A Little Luck Paul McCartney and Wings
New Attitude Patti LaBelle
Fight Song Rachel Platten
The Champion Carrie Underwood
Shake it Off Taylor Swift
Three Little Birds Bob Marley
Dog Days are Over Florence + The Machine
Bridge Over Troubled Water Simon & Garfunkel
*A Little Less Conversation Elvis
*Rhythm Of My Heart Rod Stewart
*Once In A Lifetime Talking Heads

I took my phone which has all my music that ranges from the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack to Led Zeppelin and everything in between. But you know what? I didn't once listen to any of it. I was just happy to listen to the sounds of nature, my fellow pilgrims and to just be present in the moment.

Buen Camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
'Wish I'd had the soundtrack to The Way. I listen to it all the time now.
Others:
What a Wonderful World -Louis Armstrong
I am a Pilgrim - Willie Nelson and/or Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Gentle on my Mind - Glen Campbell, or Ashley Campbell with Carl Jackson
Heaven -Los Lonley Boys
Faraway Land - Alison Kraus
Traveller - Chris Stapleton
Somewhere Along the Way - Dan Mullins
Pilgrim - Steve Earl
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Country Road - James Taylor

I tended to listen to music in the afternoons. Mornings were to listen to the birds sing and sounds of the Camino. I find I tend to walk a lot faster when I'm listening to good tunes tho.
Buen Camino friends.

I listen contemporary country, I have some 500 songs in my playlist, but I don't ever reach more than 20-25 first ones and I start all over again. 🤣

'Wish I'd had the soundtrack to The Way. I listen to it all the time now.
Others:
What a Wonderful World -Louis Armstrong
I am a Pilgrim - Willie Nelson and/or Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Gentle on my Mind - Glen Campbell, or Ashley Campbell with Carl Jackson
Heaven -Los Lonley Boys
Faraway Land - Alison Kraus
Traveller - Chris Stapleton
Somewhere Along the Way - Dan Mullins
Pilgrim - Steve Earl
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Bob Dylan
Country Road - James Taylor

I tended to listen to music in the afternoons. Mornings were to listen to the birds sing and sounds of the Camino. I find I tend to walk a lot faster when I'm listening to good tunes tho.
Buen Camino friends.

It's funny you say that, as we happened along a pilgrim who was listing to the sound track to The Way, out loud so everyone could enjoy it! Too funny!

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I did not listen to music while walking the Camino. I did listen to music in the Albergue and some nights fall asleep to music on my phone with ear plugs in. I haven my phone:
Bing Crosby
ZZ Top
George Strait
Phantom of the Opera
Etc, etc, etc., very eclectic.

When I went on my first pilgrimage, I asked my closest friends and family to send me a song that they liked the most so that I could take something from them all with me, without letting it "weigh" me down. When I would play a song on the way it helped me keep everyone I cared about close in some way. Maybe that can be an idea for others, it really helped me during the few months I was away from home.

Some of the songs I collected myself over the last few years:
Townhouse Woods - Cricket Hymn
Lord Huron - Ends of the Earth
Gregory Alan Isakov - If I go, I'm going
The Lumineers - Stubborn Love
First Aid Kit - My Silver Lining
Passenger - Home
Tom Rosenthal - Go Solo
The Wailin' Jennys - Bird Song
Sleeping at Last - Saturn
Ásgeir - Was There Nothing
Paolo Nutini - High Hopes
Alela Diane - Tired Feet

And soooo many more...: )

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@Evvie - great list. I'm surprised with this range of tastes (of which I highly approve) there's no Grateful Dead. Bertha, Scarlet Begonias, Deal etc... As for R.E.M. I think it's gotta be Harbourcoat and Don't go back to Rockville.

That being said, I always have my earphones at the ready but I've yet to use them while walking - there's just too much good stuff going on around me to dull any of my senses.

What playlist? Why playlist? There are birds, rivers, wind, Spanish chaps in bars, ladies in bakeries...

And when walking I'm so much enjoying my own company. I don't need either Sex Pistols or Pink Floyd or Abba. Finally I can be my whole self. Extracted from this turbocapitalism. Not thinking of usual everyday shit. Keeping my mind open. Why throbing at it with music? I'm enjoying it immensely in the nature sounds. And the sound of my mind ;)

PS (Trying not to be judgmental though!!!)

Last edited:
@Evvie - great list. I'm surprised with this range of tastes (of which I highly approve) there's no Grateful Dead. Bertha, Scarlet Begonias, Deal etc... As for R.E.M. I think it's gotta be Harbourcoat and Don't go back to Rockville.

I know little of R.E.M. ... but the Dead ... 🥰
A set from March or October @ the Rainbow ‘81? Cornell?

I took a (pre-smart) Sony Ericsson, with carefully chosen music of almost all ‘genres’ in existence (I only had a memory card) ... but I only ever listened to “Dum Pater Familias” a few times.
I rarely listen on headphones, anyway ...

But I do have music ‘playing’ almost all the time, in my head (not sure that’s where it is, really ... in my consciousness, perhaps?)
Sometimes I hum or sing along with it. This can get a bit complicated when it’s something orchestral. I tend to hear the whole orchestra, not just the ‘top notes’ ... it’s the same with bands, like the Dead. Bill Evans is easier, (Blue In Green’s perfect). The Dance of the Knights from Prokofiev’s Romeo + Juliet can be interesting.
I’m fortunate that I came of age with all the singer-songwriters of the late 60s and 70s ... far simpler ...
Yesterday, my optician asked if it was Peter & the Wolf I was humming under my breath ... it was something by Imagined Village, that had ‘arisen’ in response to a few notes I’d heard, dimly, on the sound system in the waiting room outside. (it’s alright ... she knows me 😉)
It also happens with stray words, heard anywhere ... if they are close to any lyrics I’m familiar with, I’ll start humming the song/aria/whatever ... but it’s the music that is always uppermost for me.

For years, I thought everyone had music ‘playing’ all the time ...
Since I discovered that this is not the case, I’ve also discovered that ‘there are ‘many here among us’ who do.

@Delphinoula
The Flower Duet ... perfect! 😊

@Mark Barnes
ZZ Top ... who’d have guessed 😉
(I ‘hear’ them whenever I see your avatar 🙂)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Music can be a therapeutic break from your own thoughts, and if you are out there solo sometimes you need a tune occasionally. The album Lonesome Dreams by Lord Huron was one I discovered on this forum. It continues to be one of my all time favourite albums.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
More often, and when I found myself alone in the grand cathedral of nature’s open space, I’d let myself sing out loud...stuff from musicals or pop songs that I’ve loved. Coming around some corners, though, I may have surprised (or scared) an unintended audience of peregrinos. Oh well. 😊
Maybe we should have a thread about “songs I sing on the Camino” for a change. Those of my family who have a musical ear struggle to suppress snickering when they hear me sing so I do this only when I’m certain that nobody is around. Walking on the Meseta or in atrocious weather are ideal. I sing a capella - without iPhone accompaniment. 🙃

Last edited:
Thank you all - there are many great suggestions here. I knew when I posted that I would get comments about not listening to anything but your surroundings and I agree- those sounds can be the most beautiful. Plus, you’re available to visit with your walking companions and meet new people. The majority of my walking time is spent without headphones. But there are those times (walking by highways maybe?) when listening to something motivating or serene can help the journey. When I do listen, only one headphone is in so I can be aware of my surroundings and the volume is not loud. Again thank you all for your comments and suggestions.

This is what's on my list so far. There are some blanks, like R.E.M. (can't decide which songs), and other shorthand that you might not be able to decipher!

Joni Mitchell
River
Don’t Stop
Stones
Rappers Delight
Sugarhill Gang
Lovely Day
Thank U Alanis Morisette
GaGa
Edge Of Glory
Shallow
Born This Way
Grigio Girls
A-Yo
XXXXXXX R.E.M.
Van Morrison
Bright Side Of The Road
Moondance
etc
Cat STEVENS
Moonshadow
Morning Has Broken
Good Day Sunshine ?
Here Comes The Sun
Walk On U2
Knee Deep Zac Brown Band
Castaway Zac Brown Band
Bohemian Rhapsody Queen
Radio GaGa
Fat Bottom Girls
Don’t Stop Me Now
Somebody To Love
Free Fallin Tom Petty
Run-in Down A Dream
The Waiting
Learning To Fly
Song Of The Heart Prince
Don’t Stop Fleetwood Mac
Uptown Funk Bruno Mars
Great list I have many of the same on mine plus added a few of yours I didnt have. Thanks😋

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Stay Alive - Jose gonzalez
Hero - family of the year
Lost - Coldplay
What it is - Kodaline
Home - edward sharp
Lost in my mind - the heard and the heart
Roots - imagine dragons
Wait - M83
Somewhere only we know - Keane
Nobody knows - the lumineers
Blame it on me - George Ezra
Way Home - the young folk
Holocene - Bon Iver

Joni Mitchell
River
Don’t Stop
Stones
Rappers Delight
Sugarhill Gang
Lovely Day
Thank U Alanis Morisette
GaGa
Edge Of Glory
Shallow
Born This Way
Grigio Girls
A-Yo
XXXXXXX R.E.M.
Van Morrison
Bright Side Of The Road
Moondance
etc
Cat STEVENS
Moonshadow
Morning Has Broken
Good Day Sunshine ?
Here Comes The Sun
Walk On U2
Knee Deep Zac Brown Band
Castaway Zac Brown Band
Bohemian Rhapsody Queen
Radio GaGa
Fat Bottom Girls
Don’t Stop Me Now
Somebody To Love
Free Fallin Tom Petty
Run-in Down A Dream
The Waiting
Learning To Fly
Song Of The Heart Prince
Don’t Stop Fleetwood Mac
Uptown Funk Bruno Mars
This is fabulous! Thank you!

Hello and blessings NJohn....My wife and I completed our Camino Frances pilgrimage June 30, 2017. It was as incredibly beautiful as it was strenuous.
I sincerely recommend having a listen to Dan Gibson’s Solitude ‘Illumination -Peaceful Gregorian Chants’. Very meditative and beautiful. I downloaded this wonderful music from YouTube. Buen Camino and Peace! Mike and Bev

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello and blessings NJohn....My wife and I completed our Camino Frances pilgrimage June 30, 2017. It was as incredibly beautiful as it was strenuous.
I sincerely recommend having a listen to Dan Gibson’s Solitude ‘Illumination -Peaceful Gregorian Chants’. Very meditative and beautiful. I downloaded this wonderful music from YouTube. Buen Camino and Peace! Mike and Bev
Thank you so much! I will definitely look for this - I have several pieces of meditative kind of music, but have not heard this.

Stay Alive - Jose gonzalez
Hero - family of the year
Lost - Coldplay
What it is - Kodaline
Home - edward sharp
Lost in my mind - the heard and the heart
Roots - imagine dragons
Wait - M83
Somewhere only we know - Keane
Nobody knows - the lumineers
Blame it on me - George Ezra
Way Home - the young folk
Holocene - Bon Iver
Thank you - this is a great list as well!

:) I occasionally pulled some tunes out on my phone - typically ones that connected me with thoughts of my daughters, when I was missing them or (virtually) walking with them. More often, and when I found myself alone in the grand cathedral of nature’s open space, I’d let myself sing out loud...stuff from musicals or pop songs that I’ve loved. Coming around some corners, though, I may have surprised (or scared) an unintended audience of peregrinos. Oh well. 😊

Two that kept coming up for me, though, were Cat Stevens’ “Miles from Nowhere” and a sung version of the Irish Blessing,

“May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face.
May the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may you be held in the palm of God’s hand. “

Camino karaoke anyone?

Buen Camino, with song in your heart.
I had CatStevens "the wind" playing in my head sing with me:

I listen to the wind to the wind of my soul. Where I'll end up well I think only God really knows. I've sat upon the setting sun. But never never never never. I never wanted water once. No never never, never. I listen to my words but they fall far below. I let my music take me where my heart wants to go. I swam upon the devil's lake. But never never never never. I'll never make the same mistake. No never never never...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
It's funny you say that, as we happened along a pilgrim who was listing to the sound track to The Way, out loud so everyone could enjoy it! Too funny!

:) That's when her/his Camino intrudes into MY Camino. Blech.

And,...well....isn’t that what makes it the Camino? 🙏🏼

I don’t usually listen to music while walking, but sometimes in the middle of a long walk I’ll put a bit of music on. I am more likely to put on some tunes when I stop at a site (e.g., church or other historical site) that is overwhelmed by traffic noise.

So to answer the actual question I like to listen to Mediaeval Babes (Salva Nos), especially in deserted churches or on a long uphill slog. The tempo is nice a relaxed. For a long even stretch of trail, when I want to keep up the pace, I go a bit off the reservation with:

Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash & Social Distortion back to back)
Wild Thing (X)
Money (Flying Lizards)
I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick)
Walk This Way (Run - DMC)
Don’t You Want Me (The Human League)
One Step Beyond (Madness)
Red Red Wine (UB40)
Lunatic Fringe (Red Rider)
Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum)
Bob the Builder -optional

I did not listen to music while walking the Camino. I did listen to music in the Albergue and some nights fall asleep to music on my phone with ear plugs in. I haven my phone:
Bing Crosby
ZZ Top
George Strait
Phantom of the Opera
Etc, etc, etc., very eclectic.
You and I are brothers from a different mother. I have all of that music on my phone.
🙂

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
ANYTHING by Demis Roussos
Lara Fabian
selective Julio Inglesias
Soundtracks and Songs from 1960s-70s Russian Movies
Paul Mauriat
James Last
Fausto Papetti
Mireille Matheau
Serge Gainsbourg\Jane Birkin
Ocarina
Joe Dassin
Mylène Farmer
(can someone accuse me of being a Francophile? ;))
If I REALLY have to 'move' - the old Soviet Marches circa WWII... and Mylène Farmer
and yes ABBA!

I absolutely LOVE The Beatles and Pink Floyd but somehow neither does a trick for me while walking (well... Maybe Echoes)
(and I haven't even walked the Camino yet) 😁

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I listen to different kinds of music. My preferences depend on my mood. Now I listen to the Queen.

I'm a podcast fanatic and I always have every episode by Dan Carlin with me. Have listened over and over and still learn something new each time. Time flies.

I prefer to walk without music but Joby Talbot's Path of Miracles (four movements: Roncesvalles, Burgos, León and Santiago), about the Camino, helps to bring me back to the road when I am at home. Quoting from Signum Records: "Using selections from the medieval texts Codex Calixtinus, Miragres de Santiago, and Roman Catholic liturgy, Path of Miracles incorporates musical styles from the Taiwanese Bunun people to the pilgrim’s hymn Dum Pater Familias, and is sung in Greek, Latin, Spanish, Basque, French, English and German." There are various recordings in YouTube. I find the León movement particularly beautiful and uplifting.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
As a U2 fan, I just noticed how many of their songs are appropriate to the Camino. Take a look at the following song titles, listed in no particular order (there are more, but you get the idea):

I Will Follow
Another Time Another Place
Shadows and Tall Trees
I Fall Down
Stranger In a Strange Land
A Sort of Homecoming
The Three Sunrises
Indian Summer Sky
Walk to the Water
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
Spanish Eyes
Where the Streets Have No Name
Race Against Time
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
In God’s Country
One Tree Hill
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Numb
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Dirty Day
The Wanderer
Beautiful Day
Staring At the Sun
Elevation
Walk On
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
One Step Closer
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Another Day
Twilight

That being said, I always have my earphones at the ready but I've yet to use them while walking - there's just too much good stuff going on around me to dull any of my senses.
My list has grown significantly since I posted this and I'm up to about 600 songs! It includes a lot of Dead and some Bertha. I'm a 60's-90's girl with some '00's and '10's thrown in, but I mostly relate to the old stuff. Music is very significant to me and it helps me through rough patches of hiking! Part of my Camino purpose is to throw away old memories that I don't want to remember anymore. Music brings them up and when the song is done, out goes the memory. I've also added a lot of podcasts.

As a U2 fan, I just noticed how many of their songs are appropriate to the Camino. Take a look at the following song titles, listed in no particular order (there are more, but you get the idea):

I Will Follow
Another Time Another Place
Shadows and Tall Trees
I Fall Down
Stranger In a Strange Land
A Sort of Homecoming
The Three Sunrises
Indian Summer Sky
Walk to the Water
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For
Spanish Eyes
Where the Streets Have No Name
Race Against Time
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
In God’s Country
One Tree Hill
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Until the End of the World
Numb
Some Days Are Better Than Others
Dirty Day
The Wanderer
Beautiful Day
Staring At the Sun
Elevation
Walk On
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
One Step Closer
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Another Day
Twilight
Definitely have a lot of these!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back