• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What a great route

n.white51

Time of past OR future Camino
We have returned from a fanastic Camino, we thought the route, although quite hard on the uphill sections, was really wonderfull, could not believe how pretty the scernery was, and how peacefull and calm the countryside was.

We had good weather, it only drizzled for one day and a part of a morning,
which over the 9 days, which was really quite lucky.

We didn’t get lost at all, and thought the waymarking was great, thanks to JW,
for his guide. We met about 11 Pilgrims along the way, we always knew, that
If we we’re to meet any they would always come up from behind us, as we were taking our time, and enjoying the walk so much, as the days went by, this became a bit of a joke between us.

When we got to Santiago, just before 12 on the Saturday, we were just in time for the mass, which was very moving, afterwards we joined the other Pilgims getting their Compostella, what an emotional moment!!!.

The celebrations for the feast of St James were quite remarkable, I can’t begin to describe them, but for anyone who would like to see, the videos and fireworks, go to YouTube and enter Santiago de Compostella 2011 and there are many videos to watch.

We went by bus, onto Fisterra for 2 days, and enjoyed walking to the lighthouse, the weather by now was really hot, and we spent time on a wonderfull beach nearby just relaxing.

Will we do another? ,Yes I think so, someday, but I don’t think it will be as good as the experience we have had from our first, it was just, something that will stay with us forever.

Neil & Brenda White

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Neil and Brenda,

Glad you had such a wonderful time.

You walked the Ferrol to SDC leg of the Camino. If you can, you should walk the A Coruna leg at some point. I did both in 2009 and on both occasions continued from Hospital de Bruma on foot to SDC. On this leg I did not see another pilgrim until Sigueiro, when I met 2 Irishmen - the only pilgrims on the whole of the leg. The Inglés is clearly getting crowded. :D

The A Coruna leg does not earn you a compostella and is slightly more challenging because of the lack of albergues, but there are a couple of good hotels on the way. You will then have completed the Camino Inglés in its entirety. It is worth undertaking.

Glad you had such a good time on the Camino. We too thought it was lovely and also well signed etc.
Our next plan is for a return to the Primitivo, but as you say a return or second Pilgrimage will always be different to the first one. Unforgettable!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

I will be walking my first ever camino this September and have chosen the Camino Ingles. The Inca Trail is the only other multi-day hike I have ever done and is roughly the same length in terms of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back