• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What about God?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis D

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés - 2014
Francés - 2015
Francés - 2016
Francés - 2017
Francés - 2018
Francés - 2019
(2020 - ?)
This was sent to me last week from my new best friend that I met on the Camino in May. Her name is Véronique and she and her husband Francis walked for 10 weeks, starting in Bordeaux. She wrote this when she arrived in Santiago on May 22, 1014.

After these ten weeks of walking, if you ask me: "And What about God?", here is what I would answer:

If God exists, I think that he is present:
In the labor of the small ant carrying its flower petal on the path
In the carefreeness of the small snail crossing the Way
In the song of the birds saying hello in the early morning
In the fragility of the lambs hopping in the green grass
In the delicacy of the thousand wild flowers
In the quiet strength of the hundreds-aged oak
In the heating of the burning candle
And overall
In the heart of women and men
And, as long as there will be women and men walking somewhere in the world towards more
fraternity, their steps will bring Hope to the entire Humanity.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This was sent to me last week from my new best friend that I met on the Camino in May. Her name is Véronique and she and her husband Francis walked for 10 weeks, starting in Bordeaux. She wrote this when she arrived in Santiago on May 22, 1014.

After these ten weeks of walking, if you ask me: "And What about God?", here is what I would answer:

If God exists, I think that he is present:
In the labor of the small ant carrying its flower petal on the path
In the carefreeness of the small snail crossing the Way
In the song of the birds saying hello in the early morning
In the fragility of the lambs hopping in the green grass
In the delicacy of the thousand wild flowers
In the quiet strength of the hundreds-aged oak
In the heating of the burning candle
And overall
In the heart of women and men
And, as long as there will be women and men walking somewhere in the world towards more
fraternity, their steps will bring Hope to the entire Humanity.

Thank you for this beautiful reminder of why I walk. I trust the Camino to take care of needs, to heal, to hold in love all who walk. God may be present everywhere but there is no doubt of His presence on the Camino.

Thank you for this beautiful reminder of why I walk. I trust the Camino to take care of needs, to heal, to hold in love all who walk. God may be present everywhere but there is no doubt of His presence on the Camino.

Thank you for your comment. My walk enriched my life and it seems that experience was not unique. Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you for your comment. My walk enriched my life and it seems that experience was not unique. Buen Camino!

Quite true Dennis D our lives are enriched with our walks, but just as our footsteps are unique to each one of us, so is our opportunity to experience new inspiration of the Divine nature of this world. Thank you for your enriching post.
Buen Camino

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I so appreciate this post. I'm finding that in the ten days I've been home from my Camino, I am wanting my mind and heart to stay with these kinds of big life questions - the kinds of things that are best answered in the state of openness induced by many weeks of walking. The logistics of packing and trains and finding beds feel jarring to me at this point, even though they were a central focus before I left. Thank you for sharing this!

I so appreciate this post. I'm finding that in the ten days I've been home from my Camino, I am wanting my mind and heart to stay with these kinds of big life questions - the kinds of things that are best answered in the state of openness induced by many weeks of walking. The logistics of packing and trains and finding beds feel jarring to me at this point, even though they were a central focus before I left. Thank you for sharing this!

Delia,

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

The Camino will never stop being an important part of my life either. I am counting the days until April when I do it again. I can feel the Camino calling me back.

Buen Camino,

Dennis

Gently...discussion about religion is generally not allowed. The original post does not cross that misty line of religious discussion.

Some of the mocking replies DO cross the line and have been removed.

It may be best to lock the thread and avoid further unnecessary turmoil.
Sorry.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back