• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What about walking week of Halloween break?

Sikpupi

Time of past OR future Camino
Francis '2018'
My wife working in local school anf the only real holidays available are Juky August and a week in end if October.

Am reading that July August is very hot and not that popular. So am looking at the Halloween break 28 October to say first Sunday in November.

What is weather and facilities like at that time?? Any suggestions for where to start and finish for a weeks walking???

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
What county has "Halloween Break"?

A nice one week CF section at that time of year might be Logroño to Burgos (5 or 6 days), or Burgos to Léon (7 or 8 days).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Every school in Ireland has a Halloween break...... a week off over the Bank Holiday in October!!! Jeez.... don't tell me that no one heard of it!!!

Here Halloween is regarded as a retail opportunity to part people with their money due to pressure from their kids.
If there was a holiday attached we might think differently!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I also came to the topic a bit confused by the "Halloween break" thing! :p

October should be not too hot, not too cold, but weather is very hard to predict, specially if you don't know which route you are doing!
Would you like to finish in Santiago? It does not matter?

I was a big, big fan of the Portuguese trail from Porto because of food and wine, but each person in different :)

I was in Spain in 2016 during Halloween and, believe me, there was a break!! My Spanish friend's daughter said it was like a 'bridging' holiday - in that there was a public holiday and then people 'bridged' it with other leave to make a very long weekend!

I was trying to leave Santiago just before the holiday and the trains were all full! Luckily the woman at the ticket office stayed online until someone cancelled and she grabbed that (expensive) ticket for me.

Spanish people take this time of year to take flowers to honour their departed family members - so be aware, you may have trouble booking travel.

It was a beautiful time of year though!

buen camino

Halloween comes before the big holiday, Todos Los Santos or All Saints Day (Nov 1) and All Souls day (Nov 2 - not sure if this is a holiday too) . For this year the 2 "todos days" are set nicely on Thursday and Friday, so just add Saturday and Sunday and you have a convenient break. ;)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
How about walking the Camino Ingles from Ferrol?You fly to Santiago, get on the bus to Ferrol and start walking. It is a 5 to 7 day walk and it is beautiful. It will be quiet in October, you better check the availability when it comes to open albergues. It is a bit more than 100 km so you can have a Compostella.
Buen Camino to you

Every school in Ireland has a Halloween break...... a week off over the Bank Holiday in October!!! Jeez.... don't tell me that no one heard of it!!!
You know, when you don’t post your where from info, who is to know? So, ok, Ireland has a Halloween break. there aren’t that many days, when you take travel into account. Simplest would be to do a return to Santiago with Aerlingus. Then you can work out how many days you actually have. What’s wrong with going during the longer school holidays? You have more time to play around with, and the days are longer. That is a real plus, but it depends where you start, how hot it might be. Have you thought about contacting the St James’ Association in Dublin for some face to face advice? Maybe there will be some other people not too far from you who also have experience of walking the camino... the camino... one of the MANY!!! Wishing you clarity, and eventually, a wonderful camino.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back