• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What albergue/hostal did you have a positive experience with in Porto? :)

lettinggo

Hola
Can you share your experiences as I am planning my next Camino.
I did read about a new place which a member posted in a thread, a cheap albergue/hostal with a nice homepage, but after trawling the forum without finding it again, I now post this thread.
Thank you very much. :)

Lettinggo

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Not the hostal Duas Naçoes !
Very noisy. People entering in the middle of the night , shouting, stamping on the uncovered wooden stairs, a room without windows. Stay away from there !
The second time we booked an appartment via Airbnb in Porto. Far better.
Third time booked hotel Central in Matosinhos. Excellent choice. Public transport(metro and bus ) allmost in front of the door to go to Porto.

Hola
I did read about a new place which a member posted in a thread, a cheap albergue/hostal with a nice homepage, but after trawling the forum without finding it again, I now post this thread.

Lettinggo
We used the Tattva Design hostel, very nice and located behind the train station Estacao Sao Bento.

Hola

Lettinggo
Not having stayed there yet, but found this Seminario de Vilar and have reserved 2 nights in September. Good location. Not cheap (25 euros/night), but private w breakfast included. Looks a bit of a fortress, so not a boutique, nor quaint. http://www.seminariodevilar.pt.vu

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola

Lettinggo
I started in Porto on May 13. Stayed at a small hotel named Hotel Poivera across the street from the train station. Hotel kept my luggage for free. The room cost 50€. After completing my Camino, I returned to pick up my suitcase and the fellow charged me just 25€ To stay the night as he had late cancellations. Not an Albergue, but very reasonable and convenient.

I strongly recommend the Albergue de Peregrinos de Porto to
anyone starting their camino in or going trough Porto. This isn't just a place to stay and sleep. The owner and Hospitaleiro have been pilgrims and know, understand and care about your journey. They are helpful and get people to share and exchange thoughts . A wonderful warm place to stay in a beautiful but a bit impersonal city for aPilgrim.
http://www.albergueperegrinosporto

Hola

Lettinggo
The Poets Inn - stayed in 2014 - found it very good

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hello fellow Pilgrims☺️ I am planning to do the my first Caminho ( Portugese coastal route) in September. I have been reading in various posts that you can ask for a pilgrim’s discount for...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back