• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What are options Cea to A LAxe?

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I'm looking at the map from Cea to A Laxe.
I see Monasterio de Oseira and Castro Dozon both have albergues.
I will probably stay at Monasterio.
However, I don't really want to walk 27 k to A Laxe next day.

Are there any hostales or casa rurales along this stretch that anyone can suggest?
Anything in Estacion de Lalin?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Last November, after staying in Cea, I walked to Estacian de Lalin and stayed at A Ponte Cafe Bar Restaurante----it was basic accommodation but the owner was very friendly and I had a lovely evening meal.When you arrive in Botos, you will see it up to the left. It is on the northern side of the PO -534. The cost was 20E for room and desayuno.When you leave in the morning , the path is only 50 metres to the left. The CSJ guide 2009 that I was using mentions the Lalin railway station---this is not correct. The A Ponte Cafe is very near.

Buen Camino,

Sandra

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
options cea to lalin (laxa):

cea to castro-dozon with a visit to oseira (20 km)
castro-dozon to lalin (18 km)
lalin to bandeira (16 km)
bandeira to outeiro (17 km)
outeiro to santiago (16 km)

please note lalin is a very big town with a population of almost 10,000 with plenty of private hostals in town. the municipal albergue is approximately another 6 km towards santiago (out of town).

all the stages from cea to santiago are considered to be difficult walks by the via de la plata guide book published by the amigo del camino de santiago de sevilla.

I guess either have a short day and walk Oseira to Castro-Dozon, or you'll likely have to go all th way to A Laxe.

Melanie

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Annie,
I walked through Lalin whe I walked the Camino de Invierno. The Invierno connects with the Vdlp outside the albergue in Laxe.

Lalin is a town where there are plenty of hostales and pensiones, and it's actually a nice little place, but I think that getting to the town of Lalin from the Vdlp will make your total distance from Oseira to Lalin the same as the distance from Oseira to the albergue in Laxe. If that makes sense -- what I mean is that I don't think that the town of Lalin offers you a way to make a shorter day from Oseira.

Buen camino. I think Melanie's right that your only choice would be to walk Oseira to Castro Dozon, which would probably be shorter than you want, but maybe shorter is better than longer!

Buen camino, Laurie

Hello there - I am walking from Orense to Santiago ( and then to Finisterre ) in April next year - 2014. Can anyone advise if there is any other accommodation in or near to Castro Dozon , apart from the alberque? Many thanks

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The albergue is about it for Castro Dozon! The building labeled "albergue" is closed (unless recently reopened), but the building behind it at the swimming pool is operated as an albergue. A restaurant down the road will pick you up for dinner at no charge, and the meal is worth the phone call.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?hl=en#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-8.051342!3d42.570234!2m2!1f204.45!2f76.04!4f75!2m7!1e1!2m2!1stwfFbbRcZw4NYPt13p3wXQ!2e0!5m2!1stwfFbbRcZw4NYPt13p3wXQ!2e0&fid=5

https://www.google.com/maps/preview?hl=en#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-8.07003!3d42.59108!2m2!1f272.45!2f85.3!4f75!2m7!1e1!2m2!1sJ41eGau4VrScUB0UrROaNw!2e0!5m2!1sJ41eGau4VrScUB0UrROaNw!2e0&fid=5
https://www.google.com/maps/preview...XQ!2e0!5m2!1stwfFbbRcZw4NYPt13p3wXQ!2e0&fid=5

If you press on to Lalin by foot or taxi:

http://www.pensionlaspalmeras.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Castro Dozon in June, and Falcon's right that the only game in town is the albergue, which is in the building near the pool. There are now two bar/restaurantes in town, along with two small grocery stores, one connected to each bar. In the afternoon I was in Castro Dozon, I met four people who were walking and staying in hotels/pensions/casas rurales. The owner came and picked them up in Castro Dozon and was going to bring them back to the starting place the next morning. There are many places near the Camino whose owners are willing to do this, and I know people who have booked their entire camino going from one beautiful old stone home to the next.

I don't remember the name of the place where the people were staying but they said it was near Cea, so it might have been this one: http://www.alojamientoruralpazos.es

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Funny that you mention this place Laurie. The day that we walked through Cea three of our fellow pilgrims got lost and were picked up by the owner of this casa rural. He showed them his place before taking them back to the Camino. They were quite impressed with the accommodations.

Just taking a quick look at the link, it looks like they are trying to get into pilgrim mode in a serious way. The website offers a price of 13 euros for pilgrims for bed and breakfast, including pick-up in Cea. Since they also offer transport of backpacks to your next destination, I assume they would also be happy to pick pilgrims up at Castro Dozon and bring them back for a small fee. It really looks quite nice.

I think it also shows just how bad the economy in Spain is. 13 euros to stay in a place like this is quite a bargain.

Last edited:
Stayed this June in the rustic though comfortable Cea Albergue and that evening had a delicious home cooked meal at Casa Pintora. Next day got confused leaving town and ended up in Cortela where a very nice private Albergue O'Refugio had been advertised had breakfast there although only 1km from Cea.We ended up walking on the main road to meet the Camino at Pieles and from there through Oseiro and on to Castro Dozen.
The Albergue there is just so so,a bit rundown but I was with friends so it didn't matter.. While there, men came from two different private places in Silleda handing out leaflets.
Next day walked to Laxe after lunch at Botos. My German companion had bad knees and decided to take a taxi on to Silleda. I stayed in Laxe which was ok but a bit of a walk up to the Bar/Restaurant on the main road.
I had breakfast next day in Silleda and had planned to stay in Bandeira but arrived too early to stop so slogged on to Ponte Ulla. Too exhausted to walk another step I treated myself to a single room with lovely ensuite at PensionO'Cruceiro 20E.
I have waffled on but just ask if I can give any more info.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm looking at the map from Cea to A Laxe.
I see Monasterio de Oseira and Castro Dozon both have albergues.
I will probably stay at Monasterio.
However, I don't really want to walk 27 k to A Laxe next day.

Are there any hostales or casa rurales along this stretch that anyone can suggest?
Anything in Estacion de Lalin?

The Monasterio is a must, if only to buy some in house produced chocolate! - but I heard that the dorms were damp and very basic - I didn't stay there and pushed on to Dozon in the same afternoon; got there at abt 16.00 - I recall- but found it was closed. There we several pilgrims waiting for it to open - but we were then told to catch the bus to A Laxe if we wanted a bed that night cos the Dozo albergue had actually closed for renovations. This was in Oct 2006 - I've heard that the albergue in C.Dozon was refurbished and is now open again - in fact there may be 2 there now!

happy trails
Peter

Casa Casarellos in Pinor is pretty close to Cea, and the owners are wonderful. Beautiful inn, great food (they'll make you dinner if you'd like, and breakfast is included). They also did laundry for me once, gratis. http://www.casarellos.com/

Hi, Melanie,

That place looks very nice.

I think what these posts show is that if people have the time,money, and inclination, there are many wonderful alternative accommodations just a few kms from most every Camino. And you may well find that the owners are willing to pick you up and drop you off so you can walk without interruption.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.