• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What brand sports bra?

MARSKA

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Sept/Oct 2023
Hola! This question is for those who identify as female - what brand sports bra do you take with you on the Camino? When I google "quick dry sports bra" I get a gazillion results. The ones I use at home don't wick very well and neither do they dry quickly. Suggestions appreciated!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Let's not turn Camino walking into such a strange experience that our common sense no longer applies. As you say, there are gazillions. You have successfully purchased bras before, and you don't need our assistance.. Go to a store, find one that seems comfortable, test it for walking and wearing with a pack, and for washability.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hola! This question is for those who identify as female - what brand sports bra do you take with you on the Camino? When I google "quick dry sports bra" I get a gazillion results. The ones I use at home don't wick very well and neither do they dry quickly. Suggestions appreciated!
I like Brooks dare crossback run bra and they worked well on Camino-

C Clearly - Actually, in regards to specifically a sports bra, I have not been very successful. I have not discovered one that preserves modesty, is super moisture wicking and dries quickly. I dont think this is a frivolous ask. Many items are not inexpensive and, as far as I know, they cant be returned once worn/washed so one does not get a "trial period".

I'd like to avoid donning a damp first layer in the morning if at all possible. My current inventory takes 2 days to dry completely.

I do understand that many pilgrims may be reluctant to discuss such things and I apologize if I have offended anyone.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Actually, in regards to specifically a sports bra, I have not been very successful.
Nor have I. I don't use a sports bra. As others have said, there is no particular reason to use a sports bra on the Camino. In fact, it can be quite difficult to climb into, or pull on, certain styles of sports bra in a shower cubicle when your body is still half wet because your towel is microscopic, while you are juggling your belongings to keep them out of the water and away from thieves 🤣 🤣 . But you will manage and, I hope, laugh about it. Wear a comfortable bra such as you are accustomed to wearing for a long summer walk at home.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
In fact, it can be quite difficult to climb into, or pull on, certain styles of sports bra in a shower cubicle when your body is still half wet because your towel is microscopic, while you are juggling your belongings to keep them out of the water and away from thieves 🤣 🤣 .
A gréât description. Funny … and accurate. 😍

Although I must admit that I am recently quite amused by many of your questions and pre-worries I can relate to this question.

A very good brand is Anita.

When I bought my new regular ones the saleslady suggested me also buying one of these.Must admit it makes all the difference for me on my daily walks ( plus going to the gym ). But I am in the agerange where sweating unfortunately seems to be a second nature.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, ah sports bras! most important piece of kit! (I'm a runner).

The ones that work best for me are the cheapest ones there are at Decathlon. In the upper price range they have some with a closure, to avoid the manic dancing to get it on or off when wet or sweaty.

Also bought a few at Lidl that work great too. I do take out all the padding and make sure there is no underwire etc.

In summer, I only take one bra with me to wear with my one t-shirt or dress. Usually a Hanes brand made out of some kind of quick drying material. I also take a tank top with a built in bra from Duluth Trading post or Lands End. These are comfy and can double as a swim top for summer with a "board skort" or I can hike it the tank top with a sun shirt to cover my arms and shoulders.

Although I must admit that I am recently quite amused by many of your questions and pre-worries I can relate to this question.

When I bought my new regular ones the saleslady suggested me also buying one of these.Must admit it makes all the difference for me on my daily walks ( plus going to the gym ). But I am the agerange where sweating unfortunately seems to be a second nature.
Yea I agree! This forum can at times feel very grey, grim and serious with the ‘same old, same old’ but you have injected an energy and passion that i enjoying!

Last edited by a moderator:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
So I am chesty and find a sports bra a necessity hiking. But so many have crazy amounts of padding or are difficult to put on. I have very basic ones from Dunnes stores or M&S (I am UK/Ireland based) rather than more expensive named brands. They have no padding, a normal bra catch - and normally dry fairly well.

What are you wearing now at home when you walk? (Trying to get an idea of type...to see if I know of something similar in the sports category...since I am assuming you like everything but the wicking/drying feature.)

Hello,
One point to note: Check that the little clips which adjust the straps (if your bra has them) don't sit in an awkward spot under your rucksac straps. Somebody told me that 30 years ago and I'm just passing it on.

Ena

I agree that this is an important question! Long-time runner, hiker, and multi-Camino-er, and I have yet to find the perfect bra for the Camino. One thing I will say, though - make sure you don't get one that has thin straps or multiple thin/strappy straps. They dig in LIKE CRAZY once you've got a loaded pack. So even though a chill yoga bra might be good in other ways, for example, lots of them have super thin straps that become super painful after a long day of hiking. I learned this the hard way and had to spend multiple days with a giant bandaid on my shoulder!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
For my next Camino in Sept. I bought inexpensive light weight Hanes-3 in a pack on Amazon. They had some that weren’t racer back which I wanted. Granted, I’m small busted and don’t need a lot of support.

I just wear my usual everyday bra on Camino, taking only ones
that I know are comfortable and don’t chafe anywhere.

My
Nor have I. I don't use a sports bra. As others have said, there is no particular reason to use a sports bra on the Camino. In fact, it can be quite difficult to climb into, or pull on, certain styles of sports bra in a shower cubicle when your body is still half wet because your towel is microscopic, while you are juggling your belongings to keep them out of the water and away from thieves 🤣 🤣 . But you will manage and, I hope, laugh about it. Wear a comfortable bra such as you are accustomed to wearing for a long summer walk at home.
only suggestion is to have one without a wire and one that hooks in the front. I’m small so I just stopped wearing one. It’s just one more thing to get soaked with sweat. AND, I’ve seen men with bigger boobs than me and they don’t wear a bra 😂

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have the kind of figure that means I *must* wear a bra. Yes, even to sleep. I have tried literally every plus-sized bra out there and finally decided on Glamorise. They make one that has a higher cami-style front, no extra padding, comfy straps. I can wash it at night and hang it in the shower dripping, and it’s dry by morning. Highly recommend! Message me if you need help, I used to work as a bra fitter in a plus-size clothing store!

I recommend the Air Control sports bra by Anita. Great support without underwire.( I found my underwire bra hurt where it got overlapped by the pack straps, after wearing the pack all day). Plus you get good control without the cups being thick or padded. Which all means that it handwashes really easily and dries quickly. I never had a wet bra to put on the next day, even if it was drying by hanging off my bunk. It also has a normal back clasp so no fighting with or pulling a sweaty sports bra over your head at the end of the day. I found it perfect for the Camino. I wore it walking and then switched to my normal underwire when the walking was done for the day.

I understand you want advice from other ladies! I bought many bra’s until I found the one I truly love. My previous camino I even threw one away as the bands were digging into my bone the wrong way with the weight of the backpack shoulder straps.

I love my Smartwool seamless racerback bra. Quickdry, doesn’t smell, comfortable, removable cups..

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As others have said, wear what is comfortable and supportive enough for your needs. I don’t have trouble getting bras to dry in a few hours, especially in dry seasons in Spain. Wring them out well and it should not be a problem. I bring two, wash the sweaty one in the afternoon with the rest of my hiking clothes, put the clean one on, take it off at night, and put it back on in the morning.

The only advice I have is, whatever you do, if you’re going to be staying in albergues, do not bring the kind of sports bra that goes over your head and you have to jump up and down while tugging on it to get it on or off. That is, unless you want to put on a lively and entertaining show for everyone else in the dorm. 🤣🤣🤣

Jockey used to make a good lightweight sports bra that hooks in the back that I have found ideal for the Camino, but unfortunately I don’t see it on their website anymore.

I looked at many of your suggestions and I really appreciate the remarks!
I am 5'4", 155lbs, and when I wear a "normal" bra it is a 36D. (sometimes a C. In some brands a C is too small but in others a D is too large). Im 65 so gravity has had its way with me. My current sports bras are just some Nike or similiar standard, inexpensive items. They dont fit very well but I wear them anyway - I mean who cares when Im out gardening or walking or at the gym.
Here is what I am looking for -
wicking (I hate feeling wet under my breasts and I sometimes chafe)
quick dry (6-8 hours after washing)
no clips or hooks or buckles - no hardware
supportive

Looking at the suggestions here it seems I can get some combination of these features but not hitting all. Hmmmm.

Check out : Anita active control delta pad sports bra. Pricey, but dries quickly, has support and offers “coverage” for those of us who are cold natured

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As others have said, wear what is comfortable and supportive enough for your needs. I don’t have trouble getting bras to dry in a few hours, especially in dry seasons in Spain. Wring them out well and it should not be a problem. I bring two, wash the sweaty one in the afternoon with the rest of my hiking clothes, put the clean one on, take it off at night, and put it back on in the morning.

The only advice I have is, whatever you do, if you’re going to be staying in albergues, do not bring the kind of sports bra that goes over your head and you have to jump up and down while tugging on it to get it on or off. That is, unless you want to put on a lively and entertaining show for everyone else in the dorm. 🤣🤣🤣

Jockey used to make a good lightweight sports bra that hooks in the back that I have found ideal for the Camino, but unfortunately I don’t see it on their website anymore.
OOPs- thats the kind I have been looking at. I find hooks and clips uncomfortable when wearing a backpack. Esperanza - they dont bother you????
I can hide in my sleep sack when I don it????!!!!!! Or the toilet stall??????
Or put on a cabaret show... (no point in sitting alone in your room....come hear the music play .....)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW: Yeah - good point - would likely have 12hrs dry time - I DKW but I was thinking 6-8 hrs.

I bring two, wash the sweaty one in the afternoon with the rest of my hiking clothes, put the clean one on, take it off at night, and put it back on in the morning.

I find hooks and clips uncomfortable when wearing a backpack. Esperanza - they dont bother you????
Nope, never. And my three Caminos are only a tiny fraction of my backpacking experience. The weight of a backpack should be on your hips. The back of my pack doesn’t even touch the part of my back where the bra hooks are.
I can hide in my sleep sack when I don it????!!!!!!
Not unless you can jump up and down in your sleep sack. 🤣
Or the toilet stall??????
That wouldn’t be my choice - or recommendation. It wouldn’t be very convenient to do every morning and night. The toilets aren’t always so close by, or vacant, or clean. I can remove and put on a bra with back hooks under my T-shirt while sitting in my bed. I took over the head ones on my first Camino, and they really did not work for me. At all. YMMV.
Or put on a cabaret show...
Ha, well that’s up to you. 🙃
BELOW: Yeah - good point - would likely have 12hrs dry time - I DKW but I was thinking 6-8 hrs.
Seriously, not understanding this. My bras on the Camino dried in an hour out two on a clothesline in the sun. They were faster than my wool socks, but not quite as fast as my sports tech poly tshirts. 🤷‍♀️

Nope, never. And my three Caminos are only a tiny fraction of my backpacking experience. The weight of a backpack should be on your hips. The back of my pack doesn’t even touch the part of my back where the bra hooks are.

Not unless you can jump up and down in your sleep sack. 🤣

That wouldn’t be my choice - or recommendation. It wouldn’t be very convenient to do every morning and night. The toilets aren’t always so close by, or vacant, or clean. I can remove and put on a bra with back hooks under my T-shirt while sitting in my bed. I took over the head ones on my first Camino, and they really did not work for me. At all. YMMV.

Ha, well that’s up to you. 🙃

Seriously, not understanding this. My bras on the Camino dried in an hour out two on a clothesline in the sun. They were faster than my wool socks, but not quite as fast as my sports tech poly tshirts. 🤷‍♀️
Ahha! the effect of the dry climate! Got it.
OK so Im waaaaayyyy overthinking this. As usual.
I've a lot of backpacking experience too but never liked the hooks. Must just be me. Thank you for your comments!

I understand you want advice from other ladies! I bought many bra’s until I found the one I truly love. My previous camino I even threw one away as the bands were digging into my bone the wrong way with the weight of the backpack shoulder straps.

I love my Smartwool seamless racerback bra. Quickdry, doesn’t smell, comfortable, removable cups..

I didn't know smart wool made a bra!! I have to look for that!! I love their socks!

I don't think you are overthinking this a bit. Chafing is a real deal breaker.
Did you see these?
No padding. Decent, uncomplicated straps. Wicking without being that super crawly fabric--because some quick dry will make you nuts! SPF protection built in in case you decide to wear alone. And--matching undies available if that's a thing for you. ♥️

Last edited:
The webstore Bare Necessities has many models, I wore one from the Anita brand- lightweight, wicking and breathable, no underwire, very comfy

do the adjustment clips bother you when wearing a backpack?
OK so Im waaaaayyyy overthinking this. As usual.
We all do what someone else might call overthinking, but in turn, we think that THEY overthink different things! 🤣).

This is a good reminder how important it is to test your walking gear, underwear included, on a 20 km walk with loaded backpack and wearing any other items such as waist bag, water bottles, etc., that you intend to carry.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have just discovered Third Love kinetic bras. As a somewhat petite woman with extra baggage on top, I have never found anything this gives such comfortable support over hours of hiking! And no underwires.

Let's not turn Camino walking into such a strange experience that our common sense no longer applies. As you say, there are gazillions. You have successfully purchased bras before, and you don't need our assistance.. Go to a store, find one that seems comfortable, test it for walking and wearing with a pack, and for washability.
I thought the same thing at first but some people are young and are truly uncertain...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm a chesty (36C) petite and have been riding horses all my life, spending the last 50 years trying to find a bra -sport or regular - where everything stays in place when trotting or cantering. So far I haven't found one. Every sports bra I've tried doesn't have support and/or hurts my back.

Last year I read an article recommending sports bras for medium to high impact activities for those who are well endowed. The problem is buying an expensive bra and then it doesn't work you can't return it. I put the Adidas medium support 3 stripe sports bra with racerback on my Amazon wishlist - $49 - a possible expensive mistake for an untried sports bra. In the meantime I bought a Wingslove high impact full support sports bra that more looks like a regular bra and fastens in the back. Shortly after I checked my wishlist one day and saw that Adidas sports bra marked down to $22 so I bought it.

Verdict? Both of them fail the jiggle test if riding a horse faster than a walk. They both make a uniboob fashion statement. Pros - neither or them hurt my back if I wear them all day. Moisture wicking? Maybe slightly better than my 18 Hour Playtex. I can wear the Adidas to go swimming paired with hiking shorts if the need arises. But now I'm a little concerned after reading jumping up and down to pull it on over my head and putting on a cabaret show!

I just don't understand all the pressure to wear a sports bra while walking the Camino. This is a low impact activity. But yet every packing list I read for women includes sports bras.

I thank the ladies who say just wear whatever bra you like on the Camino even if it's not a sports bra.

It really is a matter of personal preference for fit and comfort. But I go for exofficio (one of the mesh bras) or icebreaker (merino wool). Just make sure it is a thinner material if at all possible. I don't need as much support as others might - so the thinner material the better. Not only for quick dry - but for breathability. Avoid extra padding at all costs! Last summer - I actually skipped the bra while walking and only wore it around when I arrive in town after my shower. It was wonderful. Again - I don't need as much support as others - so it worked great for me.

It really is a matter of personal preference for fit and comfort. But I go for exofficio (one of the mesh bras) or icebreaker (merino wool). Just make sure it is a thinner material if at all possible. I don't need as much support as others might - so the thinner material the better. Not only for quick dry - but for breathability. Avoid extra padding at all costs! Last summer - I actually skipped the bra while walking and only wore it around when I arrive in town after my shower. It was wonderful. Again - I don't need as much support as others - so it worked great for me.
I go without at home - mostly. I wear a bra more for the comfort of others.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this chain (I skimmed for content) but a small anti-chafing stick can in handy, not only for intimate areas, but for feet/toes, around the neck, anywhere in fact that moisture and friction and fabric cause irritation/chafing. Below is one example but there are several others too.

Body Glide.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say - while hiking - worry about YOUR comfort. Unless you are at risk of the "wet t-shirt" look while hiking, due to excessive sweating, I wouldn't worry about whether or not you wear a sports bra. But then in the evening/more social hours - when you are going to pilgrim's mass or eating communal meals - then wearing the bra would be more appropriate. Another alternative - wearing the "rose petals" when you want to go without a bra can work too - but try it at home first before hiking while wearing them. I had no issues when I did hike with them. Even forgot that I had them on and realized I was getting into a shower without removing them first lol. Like I said - I skipped the bra a lot while hiking last summer and had no issues.

I just don't understand all the pressure to wear a sports bra while walking the Camino. This is a low impact activity. But yet every packing list I read for women includes sports bras
I don't understand why sports bras are specified on packing lists either. But I kind of went my own way with clothing choices - I wear a dress and hiking sandals on the Camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I don't understand why sports bras are specified on packing lists either. But I kind of went my own way with clothing choices - I wear a dress and hiking sandals on the Camino.
I think it makes sense that they are on most packing lists as they often provide the right kind of support without the wires, too thin straps that can dig in to your shoulders and such - but it is true that we all need to wear what works. And I loved having my hiking dresses last summer. Especially when I needed to pee outside!

@VintageCowgirl
I don’t understand that, either. Walking is low impact. Personally, I prefer a light weight sports-type bra because on the Camino I wear those polyester tech tshirts, which I loathe. However, they are practical, especially for hand washing and drying quickly. I feel they are so clingy that they show every little bump and jiggle, so I am more comfortable in a bra that’s got me well-covered. I don’t need the support for walking. I can’t explain why others might want a sports bra.

BTW, I was exaggerating a little about jumping up and down and tugging on the overhead sports bras. I used to wear them super tightly when I played a lot of volleyball, which is very much a high impact sport, and that is how I got them on and off. On the Camino, you could just wear a larger size than you would for riding for a looser fit. I still don’t recommend them for getting dressed easily and modestly in albergues, but there’s no need for a super tight one.

Last edited:
I wear a type of sports bra every day and have for several years now. My "work" one is a smooth fit Hanes with cup liners. My every day ones are plain old cotton Hanes ones. I bring a "smooth" fit one on the Camino since I only bring one.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I like Patagonia’s Barely bra, but I am small. I bring at least 2. I DO very much prefer a sports bra for the Camino and all hiking. No bulky band, no sweaty overly padded cups. Although beware the uniboob, for sure.

And I never have to put on a “show” to get dressed. I sleep in bra and undies and just slip my shirt and pants on in the morning, ready to hit the trail. I use a simple pareo to cover my pillow (treated for with bedbug repellent ) and it doubles as a coverup if running to the restroom at night. The men are wandering around in their skivvies, so no big deal.

C Clearly - Actually, in regards to specifically a sports bra, I have not been very successful. I have not discovered one that preserves modesty, is super moisture wicking and dries quickly. I dont think this is a frivolous ask. Many items are not inexpensive and, as far as I know, they cant be returned once worn/washed so one does not get a "trial period".

I'd like to avoid donning a damp first layer in the morning if at all possible. My current inventory takes 2 days to dry completely.

I do understand that many pilgrims may be reluctant to discuss such things and I apologize if I have offended anyone.
I have the same problem, and on my two previous camino's, I had quick dry but not very supportive bras. I'm still looking for a supportive, quick dry bra. I think it's a good question, and I'm glad you asked it. I'm going to look up the suggestions you have had so far too. Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I ordered a "Dare " sports bra by Brooks and a Knix sports bra. I shall opine after I have tried them on.
Those are two i was looking at as well. i'm looking forward to your update.

Honestly, next to footwear, finding a bra was my biggest gear challenge. The ones I usually wear are great for home, but I sometimes will change in the course of the day, and they take forever to dry. It is a miserable (and sometimes almost impossible) experience to wriggle your way into a wet/damp sports bra, and if you do get it on successfully, it's an unpleasant feeling to start your day. And a wet bra can cause rashes that rival the misery of blisters on your feet.

I have spent a small fortune trying to find an option for the Camino that checks all the boxes. While some could be returned, others couldn't, and I have a bag of new sports bras to go in with my next clothing donations. Depending on size, finding a good bra solution can be a lot more difficult than most would imagine.

These don't meet the no-clips requirement--though the clip placement hasn't ever been problematic for me--but they tick all the other boxes.

Not cheap, but the best bras I've ever come across. They have a wired version as well, but these, non-wired, are very supportive and incredible comfortable. Virtually no-bounce.

This is the Canadian website, but I believe the company is British. Often available through Amazon.

I am 5'4", 155lbs, and when I wear a "normal" bra it is a 36D. (sometimes a C. In some brands a C is too small but in others a D is too large). Im 65 so gravity has had its way with me. My current sports bras are just some Nike or similiar standard, inexpensive items. They dont fit very well but I wear them anyway - I mean who cares when Im out gardening or walking or at the gym.
supportive

Looking at the suggestions here it seems I can get some combination of these features but not hitting all. Hmmm

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola Friend! I looked into your suggestion. There is a store in the US that carries these and amazingly it's only a few blocks from where I live! Fleet Feet. I can actually try it on in the store. Awesome.

My choice 7 or 8 years ago was merino wool: stretchy but supportive, the best for sweaty weather, dried overnight. I took 2 with me and alternated. Alas, they (Ibex? Smartwool? Icebreaker? now I don't remember) stopped making my preferred style. I'm keeping my eyes open for an equivalent, so I am grateful for the suggestions in this thread!

I recommend Titlenine.com for a vast collection of sports bras with detailed descriptions. For years I have worn a style I found there for everyday (although I haven't tried it with pack straps). The company lets you try on at home and return those that don't fit.

Hello,
One point to note: Check that the little clips which adjust the straps (if your bra has them) don't sit in an awkward spot under your rucksac straps. Somebody told me that 30 years ago and I'm just passing it on.

Ena
Good call!

Marska, I brought 2 lululemon “walk like a cloud” bras. I wore one and had an extra. They dry fast and are extremely comfortable for me. My daughter also wears them and feels the same way. But you need to find a bra that is comfortable for you. Buen Camino! 🥾

No one can tell you what fits you other than you.

I went with Glamorise...I'm definitely curvy and theirs were comfy, super supportive, didn't give me a uniboob, didn't chafe, and dried fast.

I could slip them on and off without taking off my tshirt/base layer, and if I chose to strip down to my sports bra (we had some toasty days) I wasn't being even remotely immodest.

Also...carried chafe stick with me and never so much as took the lid off.

OK- I have tried both the Knix and the Brooks Dare. Nada to both. The Dare was too restrictive and the band kinda curled up under my breasts. Also was pretty heavy at 121 gms. The knix felt very comfy when I first put it on but I prbly got too small of a cup size cuz my the top of my left was bulging over.
The Knix weighed in at 98 gms.
Back to the drawing board!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This might not exactly be a sport bra but it looks like one and dries super fast. I have used these on two caminos (April and September weather, with some rainy days). My bra is always the first piece of clothing that dries first.. the cups are removable which helps with the drying. Only thing is that you have to keep putting the cups back into place each time after laundering.

Forgot to add.. that the material is really comfortable and you dont feel the straps digging into your skin.. or having your backpack pressing on the straps.

Hola Friend! I looked into your suggestion. There is a store in the US that carries these and amazingly it's only a few blocks from where I live! Fleet Feet. I can actually try it on in the store. Awesome.
I just wanted to add that I have tried at least 4 different Knix styles, it's a very different brand to get used to and some styles have been absolute fails. In case you didn't know, you can book a free online fitting with Knix, it's a pretty helpful service.

€149,-

I do understand that many pilgrims may be reluctant to discuss such things and I apologize if I have offended anyo
Not frivolous question at all - something you're wearing that close to your body everyday needs to be comfortable.

I like Lululemon Like A Cloud long line bra. Dries quickly, super comfortable and very supportive.

Marska, I brought 2 lululemon “walk like a cloud” bras. I wore one and had an extra. They dry fast and are extremely comfortable for me. My daughter also wears them and feels the same way. But you need to find a bra that is comfortable for you. Buen Camino! 🥾
I wear this one as well. It's awesome.

If you're concerned about "headlights" you might look for the kind of exercise/work/yoga bra that has little pockets inside, with little foam pads that fit into them.

€60,-
Ah. Then the two questions are: are you wearing mostly knit tops, or woven tops? (Can get a little bit of chafing.) And does the bra you're looking at have thick binding on the edges of straps and neckline. (Hard no for that, been there, done that.)
On the trail, mostly, nobody notices if you're jiggling, or have headlights. They all have their own footing to find, after all. Though I'm personally in the group that favors not wearing white tops anyway, when you sweat they're see through and that can be uncomfortable all around. Whatever "sports bra" you get, the straps are probably going to peek out at the neck, I finally just decided to not worry about that.
RE: damp item on arising, I bring 2 bras. On the Norte, I lost one and didn't realize it until a few days later. Spain has Decathlon stores. ;)

supportive

Looking at the suggestions here it seems I can get some combination of these features but not hitting all. Hmmmm.
I am 34DDD & despite lack of wires, etc, have really enjoyed wool bras- so comfortable, don’t stink after several days wear, lightweight, dry very quickly. Ditto for wool socks, t-shirts & underwear in general. Amazing.

I say wear what is most comfortable for you during summer messing around the house or on a vacation outdoors. I think someone in this world got rich telling women they need special bras. But, if you plan to jog the camino, that might be a different story!!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hi Marska! Thanks for asking this question. I have a problem with chafing and I’ve tried several different bras but still suffer from a rash. All this walking is great for 99% of my body but the other 1% is very ouchy. I’ll look into some of those that have been recommended here. Buen Camino!

This might not exactly be a sport bra but it looks like one and dries super fast. I have used these on two caminos (April and September weather, with some rainy days). My bra is always the first piece of clothing that dries first.. the cups are removable which helps with the drying. Only thing is that you have to keep putting the cups back into place each time after laundering.

Ok, these are the ones I like the best for everyday, work, and the Camino. Very comfy.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I like Patagonia’s Barely bra, but I am small. I bring at least 2. I DO very much prefer a sports bra for the Camino and all hiking. No bulky band, no sweaty overly padded cups. Although beware the uniboob, for sure.

And I never have to put on a “show” to get dressed. I sleep in bra and undies and just slip my shirt and pants on in the morning, ready to hit the trail. I use a simple pareo to cover my pillow (treated for with bedbug repellent ) and it doubles as a coverup if running to the restroom at night. The men are wandering around in their skivvies, so no big deal.
I am in the exact same situation. I've looked at the Patagonia bra and it looks absolutely perfect. But $69 for an absolute bare minimum bra?! I can't do it. Do you have a second favourite?

So far my favourite is this one from the Gap but it's a tiny bit too short.

After lots of searching, this is what I settled on, and I am very pleased with them. I'm pretty busty, so I need some support, and these do the trick without feeling unnecessarily restrictive or constrictive. They are inexpensive, comfortable, launder nicely and dry quickly. They don't bunch or roll, and don't create that awful uniboob.

Women's Comfort Workout Sports Bra Low-Impact Activity Sleep Bras https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5VVDHD?tag=casaivar02-20

Hmmm... there is a Lululemon store down the street!
Go for it!! Cost per use it's cheap as chips! I've had mine for years and wear them daily

€60,-

When I bought my new regular ones the saleslady suggested me also buying one of these.Must admit it makes all the difference for me on my daily walks ( plus going to the gym ). But I am in the agerange where sweating unfortunately seems to be a second nature.
I have two of those! Very confortable, sturdy but not stiff and dries quickly. Used them on both my caminos.

I'm a chesty (36C) petite and have been riding horses all my life, spending the last 50 years trying to find a bra -sport or regular - where everything stays in place when trotting or cantering. So far I haven't found one.

There is no bra in existence that keeps things in place in sit-trot!!

Edit:
I found this thread more interesting than expected and am off to look at merino, alpaca and Momentum bras!

Just thought I’d add another option to the list (don’t think I saw it yet?) A few days ago I ordered two merino bras from a company called Branwyn. I wasn’t having much luck with IceBreaker or SmartWool (I have bras from both.) This company offers two different styles - I purchased both. They just arrived today, so no real world experience yet, but they seem comfortable and look like they’ve got potential! I think I like the “Busty Bra” best, because it’s more of a longline style. They do have strap clips, but otherwise, no hooks, zippers, etc. And no awkward dance required for taking off 😬

https://branwyn.com/

Can you believe that I am STILL searching? Tried a couple of those suggested and some not mentioned but no beans. I just want something that is somewhat supportive, moisture wicking, dries quickly, is comfortable, full coverage, no uniboob. Is that too much to ask?

However...I havent been to the Lulumon store down the street ....yet.

I am 34DDD & despite lack of wires, etc, have really enjoyed wool bras- so comfortable, don’t stink after several days wear, lightweight, dry very quickly. Ditto for wool socks, t-shirts & underwear in general. Amazing.
MST - If you dont mind sharing - Which brand are you wearing?

Can you believe that I am STILL searching? Tried a couple of those suggested and some not mentioned but no beans. I just want something that is somewhat supportive, moisture wicking, dries quickly, is comfortable, full coverage, no uniboob. Is that too much to ask?

However...I havent been to the Lulumon store down the street ....yet.
I’m still looking too, same requirements. This is the best one so far: https://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/pro...omen:Categories:Sports Bras #pdp-page-content

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In fact, it can be quite difficult to climb into, or pull on, certain styles of sports bra
I totally agree, and even though I am "well-endowed", I never wear sport's bras. I'm not Houdini and I'm too impatient to struggle in and out of them. I've tried the easier front closure models, but they often are heavier and too confining. I like to feel some freedom; not restriction, so I bring my tried and true comfy ones I wear every day.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I wear Branwyn wool bras. Dry fast, rarely need washing (no stink). Even though I’m 34DDD (F), they’re fine for walking for me.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Yikes, there are so many styles. Do you mind listing which styles of Brandyn wool bras that you like please? Busty bra? Other?
TIA
I only see two styles on the Branwyn site

I'm glad this thread has popped up again. In the end, I brought this bra:

I am not well endowed although floppier than I was in my youth :) This bra is absolutely bare minimum, single layer on the cups and thin straps. It's definitely not for everyone but it ticked all my boxes. 1. thin as possible (sports bras are too thick and hot) 2. dries fast (OMG incredibly fast) 3. doesn't have to be pulled over the head. 4. comfortable. Bonus: it weighs next to nothing and squishes down to about the size of a golf ball.

It was 30+ degrees and full sun every single day of my Sept/Oct CP so these bras worked out very well.

I had to buy an Anita sports bra because I mow a field that has seen many horses and cows that have left hoof prints. While it was a purchase for a specific circumstance it has become my everyday bra- supportive and very quick drying!

My choice 7 or 8 years ago was merino wool: stretchy but supportive, the best for sweaty weather, dried overnight. I took 2 with me and alternated. Alas, they (Ibex? Smartwool? Icebreaker? now I don't remember) stopped making my preferred style. I'm keeping my eyes open for an equivalent, so I am grateful for the suggestions in this thread!

I recommend Titlenine.com for a vast collection of sports bras with detailed descriptions. For years I have worn a style I found there for everyday (although I haven't tried it with pack straps). The company lets you try on at home and return those that don't fit.
Not sure where you are Tessera, but try looking up Merino Country. They have a good range of underwear and some casual wear. Made in Australia from Australian wool.The only underpants I wear now is from them, last for ages! I personally have their Merino Crop Top too, though don't wear it for the Camino as it is to precious to me...(wore an old one and ditched it at the end).

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.