• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What city do you arrive in after 2 weeks of walking from SJPdP?

Chicago Seeker

Time of past OR future Camino
Winter Camino Frances (2018)
Hey all, I am walking the CF in early May and I am trying to coordinate with a friend who will be meeting me 2 weeks into my journey. What city or town are you in after 13 days of walking starting in SJPdP?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hey all, I am walking the CF in early May and I am trying to coordinate with a friend who will be meeting me 2 weeks into my journey. What city or town are you in after 13 days of walking starting in SJPdP?

Hi, this totally depends on your average speed, possible small ailments and general feeling.
Follow your own instinct, not what a possible guide or app tells you.
This planner might give you some ideas.

https://godesalco.com/plan/frances

Santo Domingo, Belorado or Burgos are good options.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
How long is a piece of string? ;)

Seriously you need to give more details. Mainly how far you’re likely to walk every day. :)
Hi, this totally depends on your average speed, possible small ailments and general feeling.
Follow your own instinct, not what a possible guide or app tells you.
This planner might give you some ideas.

https://godesalco.com/plan/frances

Santo Domingo, Belorado or Burgos are good options.
Thanks! I can walk as slow or fast as necessary. I am fairly fit and have walked 30+ km days on other trails. That being said, my friend will only be able to join me for a few days, so I would like to meet him somewhere interesting.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Even if you know your pace and can keep it, unexpected things can slow one's progress down, or temporarily halt it, during Camino. So once you pick a meeting place, if you cannot make it in time for your agreed upon meet up, there are always buses and taxis to make up the difference.

I note that a number of people have suggested Burgos BUT there are only a few Alburgues there.

1 the Municipal which will only allow you to stay for one night and if you head towards the Cathedral, walk up the stairs on the left and when you get to the street at the top head right. It's there on your left a little way past the end of the Cathedral grounds opposite a lovely cafe - amazing coffee to be had.

2 Albergue Divina Pastora Ph: +34 947 207 952 Donation Only holds 16
Calle Lain Calvo

3 Albergue Casa de Peregrinos de Emaus. No contact details Donation )nly holds 20
Calle San Pedro de Cardena

Maybe try this place if you need to stay for a bit longer, can't stay at the smaller ones because they are booked out and this one is easy to find:
Hostel Burgos
Calle Miranda 4
09002 Burgos, Castilla León , Spain
Tel: +34 947 250801 Mov: +34 654492979

Email: info@hostelburgos.com -- Web: www.hostelburgos.es

There is a supermarket just to the right if you wank out the front door.
Book early as often no beds left.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It happens that I am on day 14 exactly today ;-)
So today at 13.00 I reached Leon, but only because I was hit by a feverish cold lasting for 3 days. Without I would be another 20 to 40 k further. Walking a 33 k per day on average i guess. If you are a keen hiker that should not be a problem four you. My minimum was 22k, max 45.
But then again only you can know what you are capable of :)

I would say that Astorga should give you a good buffer in the event of delays and will make your last two weeks relatively easy to moderate. There is a bus from the Madrid Airport and Santiago as well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I checked my credential. We made it to Carrion de los Condes. And it was lovely, after 13 days, your feet don't hurt that bad and the blisters are almost gone and the albergue of the Santo Espiritu was really nice.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Astorga??!!
That's over 500 km from SJPDP!
That is sporty, but possible for the experienced long distance walker. Met a 70-something old scotsman who walks exaclty that pace. Makes you finish in about three weeks then.
I personally would not plan that tight though, even though I know I could do it. There can always be some unexpected problems.

Burgos is possible - or a few days along at Fromista, which is accessible by both rail and bus. I met a friend in Fromista one year when walking from SJPP, and it was just about 2 weeks from SJPP. I had to spend an extra day in Burgos to 'pad' my timing so I would get to Fromista on the arranged day...which was a very nice excuse to pause there. ;)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
As everyone elsee says you cannot tell. I have just looked back on my Camino so far. I was in Carrion Los Condes on my 14th day, this was after a 2 day stop over in Burgos for a rest because of very bad bruising on my feet. So I think Burgos would be a good place to aim for. Real Hotels are reasonably priced there.

If he wants to meet in a major city (which is easier than trying to find the way to a smaller town) Quite probably the answer is Burgos.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Last two Caminos I was in Burgos after two weeks, I have planned the same for 2019

Have to confirm many of the above posts: Around the two weeks mark I was in Burgos. It is also a beautiful city to meet your friend in! Stayed there actually for an extra night (my only day off during the whole Camino). Walked an average of 25km every day during those first two weeks. Buen Camino :)

I would say that Astorga should give you a good buffer in the event of delays and will make your last two weeks relatively easy to moderate. There is a bus from the Madrid Airport and Santiago as well.
When someone walks a distance like this , it has nothing to do with a Pilgrimage. Just saying. 😞

When someone walks a distance like this , it has nothing to do with a Pilgrimage. Just saying. 😞

I do believe it all depends on personal pace and stamina. I'm a slower walker also but some people just are able to walk faster and longer daily distances like forummembers @BeatriceKarjalainen and @LTfit to name only a few.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
LMPAO, Wow that's a serious example of self fulfilling prophecy. I thought I had powerful intention . I would have starved. Respect 🙏

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I note that a number of people have suggested Burgos BUT there are only a few Alburgues there.

1 the Municipal which will only allow you to stay for one night and if you head towards the Cathedral, walk up the stairs on the left and when you get to the street at the top head right. It's there on your left a little way past the end of the Cathedral grounds opposite a lovely cafe - amazing coffee to be had.

Calle Lain Calvo

3 Albergue Casa de Peregrinos de Emaus. No contact details Donation )nly holds 20

Maybe try this place if you need to stay for a bit longer, can't stay at the smaller ones because they are booked out and this one is easy to find:
Hostel Burgos
Calle Miranda 4

View attachment 55197
Or, 4. Splurge that one night and stay at Meson del Cid, right there next to the Camino and the Cathedral and not too $$$ if you are sharing costs with your friend. Try and get a room overlooking the plaza and Cathedral- breathtaking view. And, if you are into museums and history (I am!!) Take time to visit the amazing museum of Human Evolution- be aware entry is discounted if you are age 65+, and be sure and take your credencial with you, because the sello is special, too. I loved Burgos.

Calle Lain Calvo

Hostel Burgos
Calle Miranda 4

View attachment 55197
Might want to check the last paragraph for typos.......

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back