• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What clothes in October?

katimoyer

Time of past OR future Camino
Unknown
I'm going to be walking the cf from Sarria to Santiago starting October 5th. I'm also staying in Galicia for the rest of the month of October and will mail some extra things to Ivar. I tend to overheat easily and would rather be a little chilly than too hot. I was thinking of bringing mostly shorts and t-shirts, one pair of leggings and one long sleeve shirt. Would I likely be okay or do I really need warmer clothes?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A layering system of clothing may be best. 1 t-shirt, 1 long sleeve, 1 wind jacket. Something along those lines for top, bottom, head and feet. Maybe light gloves for early mornings as it gets colder.

Check the weather forecast a few days before you leave, make your final choice at that time.

In May I walked in a tshirt and short hiking skirt. I walk hot and I was comfortable in temps from low 50s. Never needed anything warmer. Just the light rain jacket during a downpour. A long sleeve shirt might not hurt.
2 pair of convertible pants is all you need. Or 1 pr of shorts and hiking pants. You don't need more than 1 change of clothes especially on a short Camino.
Leggings or pants but not both, imo. Too much clothes. It won't be that cold. Average temp in October in Melide is in the 60s. Pretty warm still.
For hanging around Galicia, same clothes. Jeans are fine or other slacks. Depending on what you'll be doing in Galicia.
But looks like you're from Florida. So you might be chilly with temps in the 60s :)

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Layers.

I'm in Astorga tonight. It's 10c and feels colder with the breeze.

Layers!! And Yes as @SYates says there is a reason why Galicia is green, so a rain jacket.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Temperatures should be cool to mild and it will definitely rain some while you are in the Galicia area for the month of October. What a wonderful time to be there IMHO.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.