• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What did you bring on the Camino that you wound up not using?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Noooo not the Macabi ;)

That was easily my favourite item of clothing, and I wore it constantly. Quick dry, comfy, quicker to convert to something shorter than pants. Could hitch it up while wading and use it as a change room.

So we can both say one thing we're glad we brought was a Macabi skirt!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
1.Walking poles not used. Also didn't use clothesline. And sleeping bag wasn't used as i decided to stay in pensiones half way through.
2. I did wish I had brought vaseline for my feet. Decided while packing not to take it--bad decision. Wish I had downloaded the "Buen Camino" app on my phone earlier. Great for distances and lodging.
Which Buen Camino App did you get?

My first Camino I took a pack
That was really way to big
I crammed in almost anything
What I needed most stayed hid

My second was much better
Large pack, ice tongs now gone
With little space for “just might needs”
I trod happily along

Third time out a veteran
My Way shown bright and clear
Though age now added walking sticks
To my “must have” Camino gear

Four times back along the Way
Familiar faces and place names
A waistline of a younger lad
No backsliding...only gains

As far as wishing of might bes
For my fifth time I would say
Take the best version of yourself
Each time you walk the Way

Glad I took a bigger towel the second time around, the first time I took one of those crazy little microfibre things not much bigger than a facecloth. And then could hardly get my clothes on as I was still so damp and they stuck to me. Bigger towel was worth it.
Had to buy a cheap knife for cutting bread cheese melon etc. Then we could have little picnic stops occasionally, or if the albergue had nothing we could still slice stuff. It was a bit cheap and nasty, should have taken one.
Def agree with the towel!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
1. What did you bring on the Camino that you wound up not using?
I sent home a long-sleeve, lightweight, sun block shirt. I just did not wear it. I used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen instead. I had a long-sleeve merino wool for cool evenings.

2. What did you wish you had taken with you?
I agree with @Anamiri and @Pops , a bigger towel!

Back to the fly topic. In general, flies were not a problem. But this 5km stretch of the Via Aquitana was horrible.

I've never had to use my micro first aid kit, compeed plasters or ear plugs thank goodness, but I will always take them. Have always taken a SOL bivy and superlight air mat (600g total) but have never had to use them yet - but I like the idea I can always camp out by using my poncho/tarp as a shelter, so no bed race stress. Took diy gaiters on 2 of my 3 caminos and never had to use them - Won't take them in future. Have taken a button torch everytime but never used it. May leave it behind next time (although it only weighs about 10g). Always miss a knife and corkscrew (I always take cabin luggage/pack) but by magic there's always someone better prepared than me in that respect so I never get around to buying one in Spain!

A proper towel is important. I have tried the high-tech ones, but they're no good. Forget the weight, and allow yourself this little luxury.

The most stupid person I have experienced on The Camino, was this guy who carried a 750 grams (!) bicycle chain lock in order to lock his backpack to a chair or table, when he needed to leave it for a while, without understanding that for a thief, all that was needed was a knife to cut up the pack and take whatever he needed/wanted (dirty underwear, sour socks, etc.). He even carried the chain lock all the way back home and only then threw it away.

That stupid person was me on my first Camino.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Last edited:
Only ever took one in 1993, was helpful in respects at the start, though "useful" ? hmmmmm ... LOL ; anyway, someone else ended up carrying it instead, so all good.

If I can add a third question ?

3. What's the craziest thing you both carried and used and would recommend to others NOT to take ?

3) For me, it's hands down my multi-volume edition of Prousts's A la recherche du temps perdu that I lugged about with me through France and Spain in '94. (well except for volume 1 that I'd already finished before starting) Extremely happy to have had it, especially in those long & solitary days in France ; was personally very useful indeed ; but heck NO WAY would I recommend to ANYONE ELSE to carry such a thing on the Camino !!!
There were three of us, and we all shared the same books - one of them was a giant hardback! It was a great book and we were all addicted to it.
It was HEAVY

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I didn't need headlamp and first aid kit, but I met other pilgrims who used mine, and headlamp and bandaids, so I can't say that it wasn't useful. ;)
And definitely I wish I had taken with me a waterproof trousers! On a rainy days (and there were a few in a row :rolleyes:) I nedded those for keep my legs dry. I had a good raincoat though, but it only reached the knees.

I did not need my external battery pack, as outlets were usually available. I was the opposite of some of these folks - I REALLY needed my backpack rain cover and rain coat AND got a poncho on the way. It depends on your route, I hear the Freshness Frances has more plentiful resources in general, but I did the Norte/Primitivo and you can easily go days without a store or an ATM - so while I carried some things with me I didn't need (camp utensil set), I was grateful for all that I did. Next time, I will bring better waterproofed items, more vaseline, better tape.

The last time I walked it, it was very warm weather and never rained once in 35 days. I had a poncho I never used. About day 25 I left it an albergue along with the cheap fleece pullover I brought and a small flashlight I had. I wish I hadn't brought any of them. Would have left my long hiking pants too, but I did need them for the flight home.
I wish I had brought a smaller backpack because by the time I got rid of items it had a lot of excess room in it. Got even emptier just before I flew home as I threw out the rubber flip flop sandals, remaining toiletries and even socks and underwear. Even left my trekking poles behind.
Did you take your own poles or buy them there ? I find that interesting as they are most expensive in South Africa, I would not think of leaving them behind and as for our poor exchange rate you have to take as much as possible with.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Two questions:

1. we brought sleeping bags and towels and neither were used as we elected to stay mostly in small hotels rather (time in Navy wore off novelty of dormitories). Also water reservoir was hardly used as we bought water in 1.5 litre bottles that fit in our packs well and could be reused.

2. we were on Norte where pilgrims are not plentiful and would pack better light weight evening wear as we felt like hobos sometimes in nicer restaurants. Nothing fancy but our repetoire of lightweight crew neck smart wool and hiking shorts and plastic birkenstocks didn't feel right sometimes

We walked in the spring of 2016. I wish I had taken some down slippers as my feet were often cold at night. The only warm place was the bar! (We mostly stayed in hostels - heat only comes on for an hour or so) We had light gore tex rain jackets and super light umbrellas, which we strapped to our packs with heavy duty covered wire, instead of ponchos. This worked really well except in very windy conditions. I took a small journal, a glue stick and a small pair of scissors (which was actually in my blister kit) and as we went I cut up our guide book and made a nice keepsake. I loved the Brierley guide book. We also used our knife a lot. We had silk sleeping bag liners which worked well in places with no bedding. My gators kept my boots and feet dry, and they kept stones out of my husband's shoes. He bought his on the trail. We taped our feet up every morning, including toes, and had no serious blister issues.

I never experienced the flies, what months are they around.?
we too experienced the flies on 1 day. Quite annoying till they left....swarmed the heads as we walked in June

A proper towel is important. I have tried the high-tech ones, but they're no good. Forget the weight, and allow yourself this little luxury.

The most stupid person I have experienced on The Camino, was this guy who carried a 750 grams (!) bicycle chain lock in order to lock his backpack to a chair or table, when he needed to leave it for a while, without understanding that for a thief, all that was needed was a knife to cut up the pack and take whatever he needed/wanted (dirty underwear, sour socks, etc.). He even carried the chain lock all the way back home and only then threw it away.

That stupid person was me on my first Camino.

Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.
Not so stupid....I too thought of the chain till my kids said :"MOM!!"

Two questions:

People told us to bring duct tape for blisters. Never used it. Flashlight. Never walked at night. Clothing. Over packed. About 2 weeks in I packed a box with my friend that weighed 10 lbs and we shipped it via Corrio to Santiago. I can’t remember everything in it but our packs got considerably lighter.

There was absolutely nothing I wished I had taken because everything you might need is available along the way. I replaced my sticks in Longoria. I purchased sunscreen, buffs, better wicking shirts all along the way. Pack light! When I go back next year I think I will take far less.

People told us to bring duct tape for blisters. Never used it. Flashlight. Never walked at night. Clothing. Over packed. About 2 weeks in I packed a box with my friend that weighed 10 lbs and we shipped it via Corrio to Santiago. I can’t remember everything in it but our packs got considerably lighter.

There was absolutely nothing I wished I had taken because everything you might need is available along the way. I replaced my sticks in Longoria. I purchased sunscreen, buffs, better wicking shirts all along the way. Pack light! When I go back next year I think I will take far less. My best things I took: my silk sleeping bag, my micro towel (large) and my light weight pjs for sleeping. Everyone has things they don’t want to go without.. for me, I need to get undressed and sleep in pjs for a good nights rest. I found no need for a regular sleeping bag as every place had blankets if it was cold.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not used:
- clothes, clothes, clothes.
- camera, used my photo instead, easier.
- book

Used a lot:
- rain jacket (Must) We only had 2 days of rain, of which one was an all day soaker, still we walked 38km that day. But we would walk early-ish, around 6-7-8 and it would be dark and cold. (Aug/Sept). So good for the mornings and evening. It’s light and blocks wind and rain.
-Head light (must), for waking in the morning, but also for in the dorm, going to the bathroom or leaving the dorm quietly in the morning. Yes, can use phone as someone mentioned, but I would still bring headlight.
- Pocket knife, I used a lot!! For cheese, salami, bread, oranges etc etc! Spain has such great food and snacks, that are great to pick up in a local store and bring with you.
- Silk bed liner (more of a bag really) was warm enough, and I no bed bugs the whole trip. My wife had the same, and she had bedbugs twice. But pretty sure because she used the thick blankets they provided.
- Band aids band aids band aids!! Wow, never gone through so many band aids and tape and “fluff”. First 10 days (through Pyrenees) no problem at all. Then it started. Somehow my little toe started to get squiched and to hurt. Long story short, lost both my small toe nails (infected). I would soak foot in piping hot water and lots of salt to get the infection out. Some friendly American lady gave me some antibiotics in drop form? I think that’s what it was... something to help with infection.
Cleaned it up, and wrapped it all day everyday. And blisters... endless! I wore only wool socks, and would change them out 1-2-3 times a day. But still.. Blisters underneath blisters. You learn to walk through them. Hurts for a bit.
- tiger balm or cold/ice gel: something to rub your muscles with, they are taking a beating. We walked long days, min 20km, some days 30, some days even 38-43km.
- SWIM WEAR, or something to swim in. A lot of towns have a public pool (piscina) and it is a treat. Colder the better. Tip: if you see accommodation with a pool advertised, sounds nice.. but that’s what everyone is thinking, so if you want quiet, stay clear from those.
- Buff, some days were scorching, and this was good to have to block the sun on your face/neck. I like sun, but you’re out in the sun walking everyday for 20-30-40 days. Also good for cold mornings. It’s cold enough you can see your breath.
- Flip flops.. must! Shower, post walk toe freedom, walk around dorm etc.
- Good belt.. you will lose weight... lost 20lbs and we ate and drank whatever we wanted. You walk and burn so much, it doesn’t keep up.
- Inflatable pillow. Worked good, comfy enough. Put a silk pillow case over it.
- clothes pins, to hang up laundry. Bar of soap, although most of time they have one. They usually have clothes pins to, but others might have used already.
Haha.. I also brought a sink-stop, so fill water in the sink. More of a joke, it hang on my back pack. Had to use it a couple of times when there was none and no buckets or bins.
- Travel mug! Bonus!! We brought these super light little travel mugs from MEC. Used them a lot! I had a water blatter (great, kind of a must) and had my cup hand on the side of my pack. At every fountain, I would fill the cup and walk with it and drink it. Also great for coffee to go or for wine. Especially (!!!!) at the wine fountain. Got some jealous looks there
I had people asking me where we got those and wished they brought one.

Wish I would have brought:

- a secondary walking shoe-type. I opted out cause it takes a lot space and weight, but that’s something I would definitely bring. Something different than you’re main walking shoes. Either soft comfy running shoes or sandals. I’m leaning more towards sandals, cause you can switch it up and give your toes a bit of breather for a day. My toes were in that shoe day after day after day, and, they weren’t happy. I think I walked in pain for all of the trip except for the first 10 days. And every day, the pain was somewhat different. One are would be better, but the other would be worse today. And next day different again..Constant struggle and at least 30-45min each morning for massaging, taping and bandaging. I sound like an old person (no offence) I’m 37 and 6’ and 210lbs and somewhat fit.

Two questions:

I did not use my small tablet and because my hydration bladder broke on seconds I fid not use thst..found my water bottle to be much better anyway

Did you take your own poles or buy them there ? I find that interesting as they are most expensive in South Africa, I would not think of leaving them behind and as for our poor exchange rate you have to take as much as possible with.
I bought trekking poles there. Just standard, telescoping aluminium variety. I think they were approximately 20 euro a pair. They worked great for me. I find that I don't need an expensive, latest and greatest set, as the inexpensive set does what they're designed to do just fine and if they get lost or pinched by a fellow pilgrim, no big deal. They assist me in walking more efficiently and take some shock off of my knees. I left mine in Santiago as I just did not feel like dealing with the possible hassle of bringing them back home, but I suppose you could try and if you do have problems, just leave them at the airport.
On the Camino Frances I saw inexpensive trekking poles for sale (early stages) in Saint Jean, Pamplona and Puente la Reina.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A thin sarong does the trick, weighs less than 100 gr (or close) ;)
I’m new to the world of Caminos AND sarongs. What is the best fabric for a lightweight but not too sheer sarong? And where’s a good place to shop for one?

Two questions:

A physical book... and a large camera

A larger hat... mountaneering sandals

I’m new to the world of Caminos AND sarongs. What is the best fabric for a lightweight but not too sheer sarong? And where’s a good place to shop for one?
Have a search on the Internet for 'cotton sarongs', I think mine came from Amazon and it is ... cotton. It only cost a few pounds.
I have only used it as a sarong over a swimsuit, the rest of the time it is an extra towel or a sheet or a shawl to cover shoulders in church....Very easy to wash and it dries quickly.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Possibly my favorite thing I brought is my tiny <7 ounce Montbell down blanket. When tucked inside my silk liner it adds just the right amount of warmth.
https://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?p_id=1124593

For a cheaper version you can buy a Costco down blanket, cut it in half, and finish the raw edge. To keep from making a mess with feathers sew two rows of stitching about a quarter inch apart and cut between them.

One of the items I was most thankful I brought was safety pins. I bought the larger sized pins and used them as clothes pins. Yes, some places provide clothes pins but there never seemed enough. Also, if your clothes are attached to the drying line by a pin, it is less likely to be mistaken as belonging to someone else. Your clothes also don't fall off of the line.

Have a search on the Internet for 'cotton sarongs', I think mine came from Amazon and it is ... cotton. It only cost a few pounds.
I have only used it as a sarong over a swimsuit, the rest of the time it is an extra towel or a sheet or a shawl to cover shoulders in church....Very easy to wash and it dries quickly.
I like this idea. Just a question, if there are bedbugs and you use the sarong as a sheet, aren't you just bringing them with you?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Never used my Swiss Army knife, bathing suit, or extra plastic bag to be used for transporting my pack on the plane.
Wished for a fitted sheet for the beds so I could unzip my sleeping bag and use it as a blanket.
I think a light weight sleeping bag and or rei sleep liner is essential for all albuergues where the floor is the surface. Plus it is your own stuff- known bacterium.

Fear.. turned that into adrenaline for first three days. And wish I had brought more confidence that I was always going to make it
Fear was a factor for me then. I did make it . I was in good shape but I did still get monster blisters so less with keen hiking back closed sandals.(need orthodics) . Wore those exclusively even tho carried tennis shoes. But even the keens need to be broken in prior. (Socks used)

We walked the Frances and Finisterre in July and August and never needed our rain gear. I'm not exactly saying it never rained. Just that when it did, we were always indoors. I don't think I would have left it at home though. That would be asking for trouble!

I wish I had brought hiking poles with me. I picked some up in Viana, but by then the damage had been done. I think f I had used them from the beginning, the physical challenges of the Camino would have been a lot less.

Fear was a factor for me then. I did make it . I was in good shape but I did still get monster blisters so less with keen hiking back closed sandals.(need orthodics) . Wore those exclusively even tho carried tennis shoes. But even the keens need to be broken in prior. (Socks used)
Sorry to hear about your blisters. I too had keens....the socks were very important. If I wore the wrong ones, definitely hot spots showed up. I learned the thickness was very important to avoid blisters.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Two questions:

1. My first Camino I brought eye cream that I Didn't even touch it for the whole time. And 2 more t-shirts can Stay home as well.
2. None.

1. My first Camino I brought eye cream that I Didn't even touch it for the whole time. And 2 more t-shirts can Stay home as well.
2. None.
1) too big emergency kit,
2) nothing.

Two questions:

Headlight, sleeping bag, knee braces, couple of pairs of socks that were too big, bottle of arnica, aluminum tape, over supply of bandaid. There is more but I am not remembering all of it. None of it weighed anything, but all together it was too much.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
1. A compass. Next time it will stay home. A second water bottle. I only needed it for a couple stretches. Next time I will get an extra bottled water for those longer stretches. Sunglasses. Since I was walking west, I rarely had the sun in my eyes.

2. A lightweight Smartwool sweater. I bought a second fleece in Burgos. I also wish I had brought a second set of legs for my convertible pants. I only brought one set of legs for the two pair of shorts. When it got cold, I really could have used the second set of legs while my first pair were in the washing machine.

On some days I really could have used a second pair of legs! I had some few medicines that I didn't use, blister treatment kit (still would bring it), and when I got home, realized I had a second bandana that I didn't use, but only because it got lost in my pack and I didn't know I had it. I got a terrible cold and could really have used that second handkerchief. Because of that cold, I wish I had brought some "Cold Eze" lozenges. I couldn't find anything in the parmacias that worked quite so well for me. Bringing some this time.

1. After four Caminos, I pretty much use everything I pack now, but there are still refinements to be made... For #5 in October:
- I’ll ditch the silk pillowcase and convert my double silk liner to a 3/4 size and a matching long pillowcase.
- Also ditching the battery powered headlamp for a beanie with USB powered LED headlamp built in.
- Skipping a full size journal for a 48 page one I’ve custom designed from a website online.
- Probably skipping rain pants. - my autumn Caminos have been very largely dry - but not bathers (i’ve swum in Belorado, Leon, Astorga, Barbadelo and Ourense and will likely add Urbaniz, El Acebo and Santiago this time. Plus which, with the towel (see below) useful attire on laundry day.)
2. Wishes...
- On #4, I didn’t take cold and flu tablets and should have. Got a bad cold in Paris and never quite got the right thing from the local farmacias.
- I often wish I had a pocket-knife but can never carry it on the plane; this time I’ll cave and buy one in SJPP..
- this year I might splurge with a lightweight mini hair brush rather than just a comb.
3: best learnings:
- I wish I’d heard about Turkish towels earlier: 150-odd grams for a full sized bath towel (sarong/scarf/privacy curtain for bunk/picnic blanket) is weight worth carrying.
- small, super light toiletry bag with inbuilt hook suitable for hanging over railing or door...dry things stay dry
- theraband / spiky ball: both are great for stretching and releasing muscle soreness, and take up very little weight.
Where did you get the toiletry bag?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
1. THINGS TAKEN BUT NOT USED - headlamp, walking sandals and my stupid mirco-fibre towel that just pushed the water around my body! I would take a baby muslin next time (gauze), too many shirts that weren't needed
2. THINGS NOT TAKEN BUT WISHED I HAD OF BROUGHT - I debated forever about taking my packable down jacket. I ended up buying a bulky fleece when in got cold in October, and it was way heavier and way bulkier than my packable down jacket....
3. THINGS I LOVED USING - merino wool cap, lightweight gloves, my iPad that I used to take pics, write my journal, read books, communicate with family in Canada....etc....and makeup. I'm a makeup girl so wouldn't have been comfortable without it. Mind you, it was used very sparingly. Another thing I loved was throwing my buff over my wet, long hair to let it dry au naturel!! Liberating!!

1. Selfie Stick, Rain Pants (not enough rain)

2. a). A shower caddy large enough to handle everything taken to the shower - wet/drenched floors and benches, not many hooks, only place with privacy. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JSB2NC/?tag=casaivar02-20 .

b). Comfortable hiking sandals that could be worn after hours and double as shower shoes, like the Keen Newport H2s.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
In response to the OP

Roll mat on several Camino's, however the time I didn't take it I ended up shivering laid on a stone portico in January on a sub zero night in Santa Catalina.
Trangia on my 1st camino, it was sent back from Comillas on my 3rd day, in addition to excess t-shirts, books, 2nd towel etc. I sent my waterproof coat back as well, I had worn it once when it was slightly raining, I got soaked from condensation, I took a chance that if I did get soaked from rain then the warm conditions in July would keep me drier than my coat.

All the times I've walked the Camino I experienced annoying very small flies or what some call gnats once. For a short section while walking. May or may not be worth carrying insect repellent with you for 800 kilometers as you may never encounter them. I encountered them in August, but don't even remember what section of the Camino it was on.

Flies just after Lorca, at the end of September ... nowhere else though.

Selfie stick (inspired with ambition by the many vlogs I had been watching, didn't last long, won't bring again)
Rain jacket (it never really rained while we were walking, although sometimes at night or while we were having coffee, would still bring next time, you can't count on that)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
1. After four Caminos, I pretty much use everything I pack now, but there are still refinements to be made... For #5 in October:
- I’ll ditch the silk pillowcase and convert my double silk liner to a 3/4 size and a matching long pillowcase.
- Also ditching the battery powered headlamp for a beanie with USB powered LED headlamp built in.
- Skipping a full size journal for a 48 page one I’ve custom designed from a website online.
- Probably skipping rain pants. - my autumn Caminos have been very largely dry - but not bathers (i’ve swum in Belorado, Leon, Astorga, Barbadelo and Ourense and will likely add Urbaniz, El Acebo and Santiago this time. Plus which, with the towel (see below) useful attire on laundry day.)
2. Wishes...
- On #4, I didn’t take cold and flu tablets and should have. Got a bad cold in Paris and never quite got the right thing from the local farmacias.
- I often wish I had a pocket-knife but can never carry it on the plane; this time I’ll cave and buy one in SJPP..
- this year I might splurge with a lightweight mini hair brush rather than just a comb.
3: best learnings:
- I wish I’d heard about Turkish towels earlier: 150-odd grams for a full sized bath towel (sarong/scarf/privacy curtain for bunk/picnic blanket) is weight worth carrying.
- small, super light toiletry bag with inbuilt hook suitable for hanging over railing or door...dry things stay dry
- theraband / spiky ball: both are great for stretching and releasing muscle soreness, and take up very little weight.
Great list! Just ordered a theraband, had forgotten all about those! We heading out Sept, Oct on CF. Did you find a small, down jacket useful on your trips?

Great list! Just ordered a theraband, had forgotten all about those! We heading out Sept, Oct on CF. Did you find a small, down jacket useful on your trips?
I really do...if it’s lightweight, you’ll use it in the evenings and maybe early mornings as the autumn sets in...I recall a very cold and foggy morning out of Ponferrada in mid October when I was very glad of mine. That said, a good merino hoodie also does the trick...

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there, I’m starting my first Camino Frances early May, and I don’t know whether I need hiking poles or not? I’m 26 years old, relatively fit and don’t have any injuries (yet!) I used poles for...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.