• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What DO men put in their backpacks?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What @Diogo92 isn't saying is that his Opinel ALSO has a built in corkscrew, which gets us very close the truly necessary survival item on the Camino . . . Vino!

Mine Carbon one doesn't have any corkscrew, but I've seen people talking about it. It's not something really necessary for me :p

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
About the subject of the post, here it is my 2014 packing list: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-2014-packing-list-for-portuguese-caminho.24570/

I would take the same stuff for any Camino. And I can change the weight of it depending of the time of the year. I always walk on early spring, so I always count with rainy days and cold nights. On a Summer Camiño, I think that I could manage to have only 6kg in my pack. Even less, if Ichange my pack for one that weights less.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What Kanga isn't saying is that in Australia any blade less than 10 inches long and 2 inches deep isn't considered a knife

"That's not a knife. THIS is a knife." --- Crocodile Dundee

After doing the conversion of the measures, you live on a so called "perfect country" for blade maniacs. In Portugal, we can only carry a knife/pocket knife with us, that has a maximum of 10cm lenght of blade. More than that, it's considered illegal.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Really? What about a 7,5cm (being this measure for the blade) pocket knife?

No knives at all unless
1. In pursuit of the person's lawful occupation
2. For eating, or if carrying to a place to eat (eg a picnic)
3. While participating in a lawful entertainment (so a stage prop would be OK) or a lawful recreation or sport (so taking a knife on a fishing trip would be ok).

I have young clients who have been charged when found with small pocket knives at concerts or on the train. My husband doesn't carry his Swiss Army knife in the car any more.

I don't think many Australians feel a need to carry weapons.

No knives at all unless
1. In pursuit of the person's lawful occupation
2. For eating, or if carrying to a place to eat (eg a picnic)
3. While participating in a lawful entertainment (so a stage prop would be OK) or a lawful recreation or sport (so taking a knife on a fishing trip would be ok).

I have young clients who have been charged when found with small pocket knives at concerts or on the train. My husband doesn't carry his Swiss Army knife in the car any more.

I don't feel a need to carry a pocket knife has a weapon; I carry it because it's useful on my every day. I understand the law in public events. It's the same has here in Portugal. For carrying it in the car could be useful, especially if you have one of those with a glass breaker tip.

What Kanga isn't saying is that in Australia any blade less than 10 inches long and 2 inches deep isn't considered a knife

"That's not a knife. THIS is a knife." --- Crocodile Dundee

Might be used in the Northern Territory for croc hunting but otherwise it's a myth.

But we're happy for others to believe it!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I don't feel a need to carry a pocket knife has a weapon; I carry it because it's useful on my every day. I understand the law in public events. It's the same has here in Portugal. For carrying it in the car could be useful, especially if you have one of those with a glass breaker tip.

No, just because it might be "useful" is not a sufficient reason (in terms of our law).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
....or at least have me discharge some of my "gadgets" into her pack and balance the issue.o_O

This is a biased posting! Adriaan aka Fraluchi is my husband! Anne

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm with dougfitz on @fraluchi - no wonder, with him acting as her Sherpa, Anne has managed so many caminos!
But I love the way this thread has developed a life of its own.
One of the first contributions was the "electric coil" which, in my ignorance, I took to be some sort of rather frightening contraceptive device!
And here we are two pages on with Kanga and her smoke signals from bonfires started by one of her two mirrors as she resists, with her pepper spray, amorous advances on the meseta from some pelegrino who has just whipped out instant testosterone from his over-loaded backpack!

@fraluchi biased? Never! He is one of my favourite posters - I would never think of him being biased, especially when it comes to his estimation of how much of your gear is in his pack.
I think he should reply to that presumption:rolleyes:
He's a great companion to walk with, but I wouldn't dare have him carry my things, otherwise I would receive a flood of remarks in the manner of " what on earth have you brought this along for"! Anne

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I'm with dougfitz on @fraluchi -
One of the first contributions was the "electric coil" which, in my ignorance, I took to be some sort of rather frightening contraceptive device!
!
Ha, ha! I thought the same! ( sorry Laurie, I think you were the promotor of the " electric coil"! Anne

While struggling up the hill outside Ourense the other week I saw a local woman coming down the hill towards me fumbling in her handbag. As we passed she stopped, handed me 50 cents, and asked me to light a candle for her in Santiago Cathedral. Needless to say I laughed heartily and asked her if she had any idea how much that weighed!! Honest to goodness!

(Only joking.) ;)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm with dougfitz on @fraluchi - no wonder, with him acting as her Sherpa, Anne has managed so many caminos!
And here we are two pages on with Kanga and her smoke signals from bonfires started by one of her two mirrors as she resists, with her pepper spray, amorous advances on the meseta from some pelegrino who has just whipped out instant testosterone from his over-loaded backpack!

Too amusing - do we all need to get a life? Getting to the stage where I'm whipping out my iPhone at traffic lights.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Well I do not have all the cool things the other guys have. I am quite the underachiever.

However, I am never without chocolate to share. ;)

:D
hahaha! really funny!! :):):)

What women carry in their backpacks
1. hair curlers
2. hair straighteners (go figure)
3. make up
4. make up remover
5. mirror
6. spare mirror
7. wedding ring on a gold chain (no, we don’t know why)
8. 72 pairs of underwear
9. key ring with 17 keys on it (only 3 being current)
10. purse full of 18 credit cards, 11 membership cards, 12 loyalty cards, 83 photos, 117 receipts dating back 8 years
11. three self-help books on how to walk assertively
12. two fashion magazines for flicking through backwards
13. a book about how women historically were the better walkers
14. a map of Ireland (doesn’t matter, she can’t read it anyway)
15. 7 bodice ripper romantic novels
16. various cooking recipes and ingredients for a birthday cake (just in case)
17. more make up
18. various spray canisters of chemical smells
19. 11 electric plug adapters (none of which are suitable for Spain)
20. a laminated poem that made them cry
21. complete outfit for the evening to feel feminine
22. can of pepper spray (kept at the bottom of the pack)
23. nail varnish in 7 colours
24. nail varnish for toes in 7 other colours
25. nail varnish remover
26. 28 rolls of soft toilet paper (enough for three days)
27. 9 different hair shampoos and conditioners
28. 3 feminine lady razors (pink so they don’t think they are razors)
29. mobile phone (but without the charger)
30. small cuddly animal toy to fix to the outside

What? No kitchen sink? ;):D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hey - it is the 21st century! Surely we can have jokes in both directions or is it only jokes against men that are allowed?

Ooooooooh, Jenny! David was close to Thin Ice when he posted that. I wouldn't like to tell you where he would have been if he had included the kitchen sink!!!
Hi Charles - if you could see the inside of my handbag you'd very quickly realize why kitchen sinks are always at front of mind! It's a shocker!
Cheers! :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The thing I would most like to have in my backpack for end of August and through September, is my little stove and kettle for my brew of tea, but alas weight, so I will carry a void instead. Happy days to all.

The thing I would most like to have in my backpack for end of August and through September, is my little stove and kettle for my brew of tea, but alas weight, so I will carry a void instead. Happy days to all.
So how does one pack a void? Does it have the same effect as a helium balloon?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This is all too funny!!!!
But Kanga has made me go back and add beer to my pack. You never know...

Love it.

Rambler
I enjoyed the ninth item she said we men carry --- our [lady's] love. Although most days that is the lightest of all possible things, every now and then it is the heaviest, but I wouldn't leave home without it.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's puzzled me for sometime now.....why, oh why do men have so much more weight in their backpacks than us ladies?
You read time and time again that they, the men, mention that, first of all, they have at least a 45 lt. pack. Then they mention that they managed to get the weight down to a mere 10/12, even 15 kgs.
WHAT do they need to carry that we, ladies don't!:rolleyes:
Enlightenment please!
Anne

Mini Keg 11 lbs x 2 = 22 lbs

3 Pizzas = 4.5 lbs

th

1 issue = 127 grams

SportsIllustarted1225200601012007012253.jpg

1 pair underwear
1 pair of socks

Mini Keg 11 lbs x 2 = 22 lbs

3 Pizzas = 4.5 lbs

th

1 issue = 127 grams

SportsIllustarted1225200601012007012253.jpg

1 pair underwear
1 pair of socks

That's prioritising.

But in the spirit of this forum, could I suggest a weight saving measure?

1 pair underwear
1 pair of socks
1 mobile phone - to call for pizza and beer. And watch sports live.

[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]

Here comes the electric coil into service! Anne

I don't know why but my gear, pack and camera included, ends up weighing 12 kilos give or take, sometimes more, rarely less.

On my last walk on the camino Frances, before leaving, I stepped on the scale with everything including my nikon d70, water, gear and the scales jumped 25 lbs. I have been known to carry as much as 14 kilos when my wife and I walked the via Francigena in Italy. But then in my former life I use to back country hike and carry 25-30 kilos for 3-4 days, so maybe old habits die slowly.

Beats me why I can not get it lower and I am always envious of those that carry those kiddie like feather weight packs.

Not so envious when I met a guy from the UK carrying 21 kilos, who had started in Le Puy and walked all the way to Finisterre.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Personal Lubricant
Shaving equipment
Leatherman
Knife
Man things
Clothes are normally heavier due to males larger size.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
On the subject of knives and corkscrews, I just want to say that it takes neither to open a box of Don Simon!
But it takes about 1kg of antacids to correct one's internals to get over drinking that ploke!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
But it takes about 1kg of antacids to correct one's internals to get over drinking that ploke!
By "ploke" I'm assuming you mean the good stuff!

I went looking for some Spanish wine awhile back, and the only thing I could find that was related to the Camino was something from La Rioja. It tasted like burnt turpentine. What I wouldn't give for a box of that sweet Don Simon. It just tastes like a pilgrimage! :)

Thank you @Icacos, I have had some good laughs going through this thread which I hadn't seen before. This forum has so many good threads, it would take a month of Sundays to read them all. But I enjoy dipping in to them whenever I can.
Suzanne :)

Thank you @Icacos, I have had some good laughs going through this thread which I hadn't seen before. This forum has so many good threads, it would take a month of Sundays to read them all. But I enjoy dipping in to them whenever I can.
Suzanne :)
You're very welcome. But @annakappa deserves the credit - for starting it all. It was just priceless! :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ohhhhh... I was going to make a vid of my packing list so i'll post it here next week (I start Camino on 15th of May).

My pack is will be around 10 KGs or so (11 with water in bottles). Biggest thing for me is i'm actually walking for almost 6 months around Europe so I needed a couple extra things I wouldn't need just doing the Camino. Biggest thing is a TENT and also I am bringing a Solar Panel Battery Charger. The only completely extra thing i'm bringing is my new binoculars for some of the sites i'll be seeing and those are a bit heavy.

So things I wouldn't bring if I was just doing the Camino:

1. Tent
2. Binoculars
3. Solar Charger
4. Garmin Handheld GPS

(About 3.3 KG)
----------------------
Rest of Gear:

1. 55 liter deuter pack
2. 2 Beanie hats
3. 1 Brimmed hat
4. 1 Pair Sunglasses
5. 1 Arcteryx Water-Proof Shell Jacket
6. 1 Under Armour Hooded Sweater
7. 2 fast-dry Undershirts
8. 2 Regular t-shirts
9. 1 Base-Layer Leggings
10. 3 Pairs Under-Armour Boxer Underwear
11. 2 Pairs Shorts
13. 1 Pair Cargo Shorts
14. 3 Pairs Fast-Dry Socks
15. 2 Pairs Wind Gloves
16. 1 Small Med Kit (Sewing + Blister Stuff + Bandaids + Balm + Vaseline + Sunscreen)
17. 1 Small Bath Kit (Soap Bar + Toothbrush + Floss + Deodorant + Sing Plug + Clothes Pins)
18. 1 Guide Kit with 3 Guide Books (2 wouldn't be needed on just Camino...) + E-Reader + Diary for notes + Pens + backup info
19. Arcteryx waist pack (to carry wallet, passport, small things)
20. Compact Camera with one big memory card
21. Smart Phone
22. 2 One Litre Water Canteens for pack
23. 1 Headlamp + 1 Tiny Flashlight
24. 1 Watch
25. 1 Suicide Bracelet (doubles as clothes line)
26. 1 Swiss Army Knife
27. Cord/Battery pouch (with cords and batteries)

--- Update
28. Light Sleeping Bag (All Season)

Last edited:
Hi RomeTime
Throw the watch away - you really don't want to know what the time is (and your smart phone has a clock on it anyway).
3 hats? How many heads are you taking?
I don't know what an under shirt is (a Mormon thing?) but with 2 t shirts that makes 4 - 4?
3 pairs of shorts? 1 wearing, 1 drying - what is the 3rd pair for?
2 pairs of gloves? 2?
smart phone plus camera? Isn't there a camera on the smart phone?
2 torches?
2 x 1 litre canteens? What are these canteens? And they are going into your pack where you can't get at them? Why not two plastic water bottles to go into the side pockets? You can get 750 litre bottles over there you can refill.

you have the water weight wrong - you have 2 litres which is 2 kilos

Add toilet paper.

The Garmin GPS machine - your smart phone has geo location (and you won't need it on Camino)
Binoculars? You can get really light ones, but, have you thought of taking a monocular instead? Half the weight.

You are taking a tent but I don't see a sleeping mat or sleeping bag on the list!!

Buen Camino ;)

€83,-
Hi RomeTime
Throw the watch away - you really don't want to know what the time is (and your smart phone has a clock on it anyway).
3 hats? How many heads are you taking?
I don't know what an under shirt is (a Mormon thing?) but with 2 t shirts that makes 4 - 4?
3 pairs of shorts? 1 wearing, 1 drying - what is the 3rd pair for?
2 pairs of gloves? 2?
smart phone plus camera? Isn't there a camera on the smart phone?
2 torches?
2 x 1 litre canteens? What are these canteens? And they are going into your pack where you can't get at them? Why not two plastic water bottles to go into the side pockets? You can get 750 litre bottles over there you can refill.

you have the water weight wrong - you have 2 litres which is 2 kilos

Add toilet paper.

The Garmin GPS machine - your smart phone has geo location (and you won't need it on Camino)
Binoculars? You can get really light ones, but, have you thought of taking a monocular instead? Half the weight.

You are taking a tent but I don't see a sleeping mat or sleeping bag on the list!!

Buen Camino ;)

Whoops! Got me on the sleeping bag. Bringing a very light one, will update my list. (Don't think i'll need the matt).

------------

Also:

- Watch I will need. I am doing 8 different walks in 6 different countries and have lots of flights, trains, etc to catch.
- Hats are for different things and I near constantly wear hats. 1 is for sun, other 2 are more for cold/wet/damp
- On the shorts the cargo ones are separate and for times on my trip not on walks but in towns with just my daypack (more room to carry things)
- On Gloves 1 pair is almost worn out so I have a spare ;) Will likely throw out the 2nd sometime on the first couple walks i'm doing.
- Yes there's a camera on my phone but the camera is pretty poor and the space (16gb) I cannot add to while my compact camera has a 128 GB card, BIG zoom and is of much higher quality than my phone which is more for emergencies or if I need to book ahead for some reason.
- Yes 2 torches, again would likely only have one if it was JUST the Camino but some of these walks (especially in Turkey) I don't want to get caught without one.
- Yes the 2 canteens fit in the side pockets ;)
- You're right that I wont need the GPS on the Camino (correct) am bringing for the drives I am doing and a few sections of other walks.
- Binoculars are not necessary and if it was just the Camino I wouldn't bring.

Will do a video on.

Cheers!

@annakappa - I can't wait to meet you guys. We'll have a lot of fun comparing packs. I just suggested my hubby take one of our smaller (36l) packs coz it's all he'll need, but he is adamant that his weighs-2-kg-65l pack is so comfortable that he wants to take it. We have a private family joke that he is completely unable to pack light, even when I gave him a list (which he had asked for). When I went up to Spain last year the children and I each had two sets of clothes. He joined us two weeks later for a couple of weeks and even on the last day was pulling out yet another t-shirt that had not yet been worn - much to the amusement of the rest of us. He was certain he had only put in one or two extra things;-) I think he had half a dozen shirts and two pairs each of shorts and longs!!
You'll recognise us when you see us - he'll be the one with the enormous pack and I'll be the one knitting a pair of socks (weighs 100g and is totally worth carrying)
The good thing about his pack is being able to fill it with goodies to take home!

Ohhhhh... I was going to make a vid of my packing list so i'll post it here next week (I start Camino on 15th of May).

My pack is will be around 10 KGs or so (11 with water in bottles). Biggest thing for me is i'm actually walking for almost 6 months around Europe so I needed a couple extra things I wouldn't need just doing the Camino. Biggest thing is a TENT and also I am bringing a Solar Panel Battery Charger. The only completely extra thing i'm bringing is my new binoculars for some of the sites i'll be seeing and those are a bit heavy.

So things I wouldn't bring if I was just doing the Camino:

1. Tent
2. Binoculars
3. Solar Charger
4. Garmin Handheld GPS

(About 3.3 KG)
----------------------
Rest of Gear:

1. 55 liter deuter pack
2. 2 Beanie hats
3. 1 Brimmed hat
4. 1 Pair Sunglasses
5. 1 Arcteryx Water-Proof Shell Jacket
6. 1 Under Armour Hooded Sweater
7. 2 fast-dry Undershirts
8. 2 Regular t-shirts
9. 1 Base-Layer Leggings
10. 3 Pairs Under-Armour Boxer Underwear
11. 2 Pairs Shorts
13. 1 Pair Cargo Shorts
14. 3 Pairs Fast-Dry Socks
15. 2 Pairs Wind Gloves
16. 1 Small Med Kit (Sewing + Blister Stuff + Bandaids + Balm + Vaseline + Sunscreen)
17. 1 Small Bath Kit (Soap Bar + Toothbrush + Floss + Deodorant + Sing Plug + Clothes Pins)
18. 1 Guide Kit with 3 Guide Books (2 wouldn't be needed on just Camino...) + E-Reader + Diary for notes + Pens + backup info
19. Arcteryx waist pack (to carry wallet, passport, small things)
20. Compact Camera with one big memory card
21. Smart Phone
22. 2 One Litre Water Canteens for pack
23. 1 Headlamp + 1 Tiny Flashlight
24. 1 Watch
25. 1 Suicide Bracelet (doubles as clothes line)
26. 1 Swiss Army Knife
27. Cord/Battery pouch (with cords and batteries)

--- Update
28. Light Sleeping Bag (All Season)

You do realize that you can send everything that you don't need on the Camino ahead to Ivar in Santiago and that it will be waiting for you there on arrival? For example:

Tent
Binoculars
Solar Charger
Garmin Handheld GPS
2 of your 3 hats
Your undershirts (t-shirts are sufficient in May/June)
other clothes you will not need on the Camino
1 pair of Wind Gloves
2 of your 3 guidebooks, either headlamp or flashlight, or both

Buen, lighter, Camino, SY

PS What is a Suicide Bracelet (doubles as clothes line) ???

. . . My husband doesn't carry his Swiss Army knife in the car any more.

I have never heard of a Swiss Army knife described as a "weapon." It is not even something I can comprehend. Seems to me it is a picnic tool, carving tool, or utility tool. But not a weapon :confused:

Just the absolutely necessities, a dozen beers and a bottle of whisky.
Do they have good whiskey in Spain? Is it corn, wheat, oat, ??? based whiskey? I've spent a good deal in southern Spain and never looked for Whiskey because I go as a chaperone for high school kids so drinking hard liquor might have been desireable, but clearly not appropriate.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
or a spare mirror ........... :)
though, to make the fire your really need a metal mirror, then you can bend it and make it into more of a lens

and if you carry a tiny piece of steel wool you can press it onto both terminals of any battery and it will glow and you can light tinder with that.

... or carry a Firesteel and striker ...
;)
Biff

Its like that with bear spray too. Day 1 its at the ready on the hip belt. Rumours of bear sightings are paramount. Day 2 its at the ready in the top of the pack. No bears seen yet. Day 3 its at the bottom of the pack. No bear scats seen yet. Day 4 is brown trousers time. Ma Grizz is expressing her displeasure at your nearness to her cubs. Bear spray is still in bottom of pack ... cubs are playing with it.

"We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as
to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t
take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-of doors to carry “Pepper Spray”
with him in case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and
be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear
feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and
squirel fur. Grizzly Bear scat has bells in it and smells like pepper."

:eek:
Biff

"We advise the outdoorsman to wear little noisy bells on clothing so as
to give advance warning to any bears that might be close by so you don’t
take them by surprise.

We also advise anyone using the out-of doors to carry “Pepper Spray”
with him in case of an encounter with a bear.

Outdoorsmen should also be on the watch for fresh bear activity, and
be able to tell the difference between black bear feces and grizzly bear
feces. Black bear feces is smaller and contains lots of berries and
squirel fur. Grizzly Bear scat has bells in it and smells like pepper."

:eek:
Biff
If you are afraid of BEARS then just carry a rhubarb pie with you.

http://gizmodo.com/bear-breaks-into...source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A Swiss Army Knife:

9DavidLevene.jpg

:D

Biff
Careful, some members here consider Swiss Army knives as a 'weapon' and my take offence to seeing such a barbaric device :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

€83,-
Hahaha what a great thread, my wife can pack two undies, 3 t, 2 socks, and 1 sleeper inside ONE of my shoes, got the idea? :)

Hahaha one foot at the time oras

What @Diogo92 isn't saying is that his Opinel ALSO has a built in corkscrew, which gets us very close the truly necessary survival item on the Camino . . . Vino!

Agreed, almost all decent bottled Spanish wine has a real cork, twist off caps are rare.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.