• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What do people do about carrying their valuables after walking for the day?

NomadBoomer

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2017, 2018,Aug 2023) Vdlp (2018)
I start my camino soon. I am thinking that I should buy a small foldaway bag / backpack to carry my money, phone, documents, camera etc once I get to my accommodation each night.
Is this what most people do or does anyone have an alternative? Do people carry their valuables with them all the time including to the shower?
Cheers

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Most people carry a money belt/bag, bumbag (fannypack?) or a cross body bag with their valuables and keep it on or with them at all times, even in the shower. I don't like money belts because they get too sweaty next to the skin, and bumbags tend to have a buckle on the back underneath my pack and can rub, so I use a cross body bag. It always goes on before the pack, and stays there when I take a break, go into a shop or bar etc. I put it in my waterproof bag with towel and washbag to keep it dry while I shower, and keep it in the bottom of my silk or sleeping bag or under my a pillow at night. Never let your passport, credit cards etc out of your sight. Oh and always keep a copy of your passport in cloud storage, or take a pic of it and send it to a friend at home so you can retrieve the details if needed, and tuck away an emergency €50 note somewhere (like rolled up in a spare pair of socks). Buen camino!

The valuable items I cannot afford to lose - passport, money, bank cards, credencial and mobile phone - all fit in two small waterproof plastic pouches which fit easily within the zipped pockets of my trousers. These stay with me at all times including trips to the shower. I dislike neck wallets or money belts because there is always a chance of my being absent-minded enough to leave them behind somewhere. I am not yet senile enough to walk away without my trousers.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I do the same although I wear a Macabi skirt, not trousers. Fabulous deep pockets. Before the deep pockets I managed to once leave my passport and wallet in the seat pocket on a plane, and my spectacles were constantly lost. No danger of that now.

@Bradypus I refuse to acknowledge senility. A slight absent minded-ness perhaps...

Do people carry their valuables with them all the time including to the shower?
Yes. I suggest shirts and pants with many pockets. I don't take "valuables," but I keep wallet and passport safe in zippered (or button/velco) pockets in plastic bags (sweat and rain). Even my camera fit in a pocket when I took one separate from my phone. I use a water resistant string backpack to hold everything in the shower. To me, a separate fanny pack or backpack is just one more thing to lose. I have a hard enough time putting everything immediately back where it came from, and remembering where I put something in my backpack. Keeping track of anything but pack and poles overtaxes my aging brain.;)

Most people carry a money belt/bag, bumbag (fannypack?) or a cross body bag with their valuables and keep it on or with them at all times, even in the shower. I don't like money belts because they get too sweaty next to the skin, and bumbags tend to have a buckle on the back underneath my pack and can rub, so I use a cross body bag. It always goes on before the pack, and stays there when I take a break, go into a shop or bar etc. I put it in my waterproof bag with towel and washbag to keep it dry while I shower, and keep it in the bottom of my silk or sleeping bag or under my a pillow at night. Never let your passport, credit cards etc out of your sight. Oh and always keep a copy of your passport in cloud storage, or take a pic of it and send it to a friend at home so you can retrieve the details if needed, and tuck away an emergency €50 note somewhere (like rolled up in a spare pair of socks). Buen camino!
I got into the habit of doing the same thing. Always easier to drop your pack outside and know that you still have all your personal valuables on you. This is also a good little bag to carry extra stuff on the plane and keep it in your seat. Kinda missed not sleeping with it when I returned! (I know; a bit weird!)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have a tiny flat cross-body pouch from Muji. It has an adjustable strap and looks quite smart and can be worn on the inside or outside of clothes. In it goes my passport, cards, money and credential. When walking in the country I just put it in the top pocket of the backpack (inside a dry bag if needed), and my smartphone goes in the belt pocket of the backpack unless it's raining. When in town, albergue etc I move the phone to the Muji bag and wear it separately.

I don't honestly think there is any need for 'money belts' under clothes in most of Spain except if you were somewhere like the flea market in Madrid or crowded places in Barcelona which are known for pickpockets. Rummaging under your clothes just makes you look like a tourist carrying tons of money and I think is likely to make you less safe, not more.

I also have one of those foldaway nylon shopping totes from Paperchase which fold down into a tiny pouch, which I use as my carry-on luggage to fly, for shopping, and (with the handles tied in a knot) as a laundry bag to stop my underwear getting chewed by washing machines.

I don't carry multitools, knives or a separate camera or GPS because I think they are unnecessary.

Last edited:
I never took a special care of anything while on my caminoes. I have left my phone and mp3 device charging while I was showering or even if I went out to dinner. I've never had a problem.

Perhaps I was lucky, not sure. The truth is the I never had the vib the I should watch over my things. (A bigger truth is that I've never been robbed in my whole life).

A good idea is "don't show, don't hide".

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I do exactly the same. I feel naked without my cross body bag! Mine is from Travelon, and also has security features which makes it perfect even in large cities where pickpockets prowl.
I also have sewn in hidden pockets in my clothing for emergency cash and credit/debit cards.

I use pants with many zipped pockets( not only against possible stealing but also against the risk of things fallen out)
I'm not so worried to leave my smartphone unguarded while it is being charged. To much emphasis on security and implied distrust of fellow human beings for me is a too high price to pay.

One very useful tip I gleaned from this forum was to pack a suction cup with a hook . very few showers seem to have a shelf in them , the suction cup allows you to hang a small waterproof day pack with your clothes , toiletries and valuables on a tiled wall .
Another is to colour copy and laminate the front page of your passport , this saves you from digging out the original at every Hostal , Hotel and Albergue on the way , 36 / 40 nights , 36/ 40 times ! Only once , at the Paradore was I required to produce the original .

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I never took a special care of anything while on my caminoes. I have left my phone and mp3 device charging while I was showering or even if I went out to dinner. I've never had a problem.

Perhaps I was lucky, not sure. The truth is the I never had the vib the I should watch over my things. (A bigger truth is that I've never been robbed in my whole life).

A good idea is "don't show, don't hide".

Perhaps you are lucky, and if so, I hope it continues. That said, "most" people are honest folk who will go out of their way to return lost articles, and will not take what is not theirs. However, the big problems are what are called "crimes of opportunity" and there is the saying of "Do not tempt an honest man (or woman for that matter) and it does not hurt to tuck valuables out of sight. The world will not end if you lose any of them, but to be honest, I neither want nor need the hassle of replacing, say, a passport.

I start my camino soon. I am thinking that I should buy a small foldaway bag / backpack to carry my money, phone, documents, camera etc once I get to my accommodation each night.
Is this what most people do or does anyone have an alternative? Do people carry their valuables with them all the time including to the shower?
Cheers
The alternative is to let go of your fear of being robbed. Instead of putting your possessions in a showerproof bag, try putting your trust in your fellow pilgrims. I have always left everything hidden in plain sight and have never had reason to doubt the honesty of dorm mates. An albergue is not a den of thieves.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
one simple trick is not to take valuables with you on a Camino. Leave the iPhones and pads at home, plenty of cheap alternatives. Loads of cash machines around so no need to carry large amounts of cash. Like a few have already said trust your fellow mankind.

The alternative is to let go of your fear of being robbed. Instead of putting your possessions in a showerproof bag, try putting your trust in your fellow pilgrims. I have always left everything hidden in plain sight and have never had reason to doubt the honesty of dorm mates. An albergue is not a den of thieves.

Your trust is touching but I fear it is misplaced. I agree that albergues are not dens of thieves. Sadly that does not mean that everyone who passes through them is honest and theft can and does occur in albergues. I think it is a romantic but misguided notion that being on a pilgrimage route means that we are spared the normal annoyances and frustrations of life.

Cheers

The best tip I ever got from the Camino Forum was the Sea to Summit backpack which is so small when pouched it can hang on a key chain. I carry my really important stuff in a money belt--extra cash, debit card, second credit card and passport. Things I don't want to leave with my pack in an albergue, like iPad and camera, etc., I carry in my Sea to Summit backpack at the end of the day.

The Sea-to-Summit bag was my savior in 2013. My back went bad on me in Astoria. I needed to send my regular pack ahead with a pack transport company. The Sea-to-Summit bag was my daypack as I walked on to Santiago, it was so strong it carried absolutely everything I needed for the day, and is still like new after the Via de la Plata last fall.

While sleeping, I put all my valuables, including my money belt in the Sea-to-Summit and keep it in the bottom of my sleeping liner by my feet. I can easily take it to the bathroom at night.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked when it was cool in the Springtime, and wore an exofficio vest with inside pockets. I had everything stashed in there. Well.. not everything. An extra credit card was in my pack, and my son carried his bank card and some money. My camera was in my pack too. But I had my phone, tickets, passports, and wallet in my vest. I slept with it tucked next to me in my sleeping bag. There were days when I got hot and rolled up my vest and stuck it in my pack. But I didn't leave it alone anywhere. As for showers, my son kept an eye on the vest while I was in the shower, or I took it with me and hung it on a hook. -- I have been eyeing an expensive pair of pants with deep pickpocket proof pockets (clothing arts), thinking I might like them for my next trip. I'd also like a pack that has a zip off day pack. --I have been pickpocketed twice, and mugged once. Not on the Camino!

...Another is to colour copy and laminate the front page of your passport , this saves you from digging out the original at every Hostal , Hotel and Albergue on the way , 36 / 40 nights , 36/ 40 times ! Only once , at the Paradore was I required to produce the original .
We had laminated copies as you suggest and they worked in many instances (May 2016). However, as I recall, we had to produce our original passports in every municipal albergue in Galicia. This may be a Xunta requirement, or just something that is becoming more common in today's environment.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Cheers
Passport and money in zipped cargo pocket of trousers. For my credential and other miscellaneous small items such as guidebook or maps, I modified a fanny pack/bumbag by installing brass grommets in the root of the waist strap and clipped it across my waist to the shoulder straps of my backpack with small caribiners when I was walking with the backpack on. In the evenings I wore it around my waist with the regular strap and buckle.

The alternative is to let go of your fear of being robbed.
Although I have had two pick-pocket incidents in Europe, both times were foiled by my simple precautions. Furthermore, my precautions much reduce the likelihood that I will lose my valuables with no one else to blame! Call that "fear" if you want, but I call it comfort and security that actually allow me to let go of any fear of being robbed.

Last edited:
I suggest that valuables be kept in pant's pockets. While I have never seen a pilgrim furiously running back up the Camino in search of his or her pants, I have seen many pilgrims furiously running against the flow to rescue a fanny pack left hanging on the back of a bathroom door. Many hiking pants come with extra pockets on the thighs that can accommodate the critical things: passport, pilgrim's credential, money, and phone.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I walked with my husband and neither of us carried fanny packs or money belts. Just not our thing. We both kept our passports and credencial in a ziplock bag in the top flap of our backpacks. He kept his wallet in his pants pocket which was zippered so it wasn't going to fall out. I kept my phone in the pocket of my Purple Rain skirt so that I had it handy for photos. We never took any of that stuff into the shower. Just left everything in my pack. Most people left their phones charging out in the open but within sight. We walked the Primitivo so we weren't going through major cities or any areas with crime.
Getting pick pocketed is not something we need to worry about given our ability to defend ourselves. But it is a real fear for a lot of people and precautions should be taken for your own peace of mind.

Your trust is touching but I fear it is misplaced. I agree that albergues are not dens of thieves. Sadly that does not mean that everyone who passes through them is honest and theft can and does occur in albergues. I think it is a romantic but misguided notion that being on a pilgrimage route means that we are spared the normal annoyances and frustrations of life.
I've come across several pilgrims who inadvertently left possessions behind in an albergue, but I've never encountered one who was dispossessed by a fellow pilgrim.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So in many hostels, the traveler locks up the backpack or luggage in a cupboard or drawer. You use a small combo lock on the latch of whatever box or cubby you're assigned.

In the albergues, this does not exist? One's pack is in the open at all times?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, pretty much. There are some albergues that have lockers, but they are the exception, rather than the rule.

Locker was the word I was looking for. Don't know why I said drawer.

This is good info to know the packs are pretty much in the open.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Agree with pretty much all of this except to warn that sleeping with your valuables inside the bottom of your sleeping bag is not safe. The visible lump alerts intrepid thieves, who have been known to slash the sleeping bag with a sharp knife/razor and abscond with the contents while the occupant sleeps on obliviously.

I've come across several pilgrims who inadvertently left possessions behind in an albergue, but I've never encountered one who was dispossessed by a fellow pilgrim.
A number of us have, unfortunately. What remains clear in my memory is a lady frantically dashing about the boot storage area in the municipal albergue in Melide one morning after almost everyone else had departed, looking for hers. They had been stolen. An absolutely despicable act.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Think about what you want and what you need. Can the phone be a camera? That can eliminate a second charger and extra batteries. Now we have a phone, papers, a few cards and cash to be careful with. Because I rise early and leave, I have a zipped pocket in my pants my credentials/passport/credit cards/cash(just enough) are all in a plastic bag that stays with me. I have been fortunate but not stupid. My phone has a thick zip-lock bag(in my pack)........ Ultreya............ Willy/Utah/USA

My friend's backpack got stolen in Leon.

I've been mugged in SE Asia (knifepoint), and was quite thoroughly searched by the mugger.

I've lost tons of things in my lifetime!

I would never leave a phone charging anywhere except my own home, if I wanted to keep it. Money belt for p port and credit cards, but I may change that up. Too sweaty. Zipper pants sounds good for those.

A "vibe" doesn't keep petty thieves away, but I like the notion! Oh, yes...someone tried to steal my bumbag while I was sleeping on a bus in Thailand, but I'd attached it to the netting in front of me, and I caught them at it. I was sleeping at the time but was startled away when my bag fell back on me. My vibe was "asleep" at the time, so I know it wasn't my own paranoia, ha ha!

I met a pilgrim who left her pack outside of albergue in Pamplona, it was stolen. By Logrono she'd decided in a past life she was a robber on camino and present theft was karmic. I volunteered at an albergue, male pilgrim went to shower, left ALL, money and id, hanging on bedpost. Someone relieved him of his things. He could not even prove who he was. Take pics of id and place them in various spots. Keep all valuables with you at all times. Anyone can sleep in an albergue with a pilgrim's passport. Does not mean they are either pilgrims or trustworthy.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
First time did the bag in the sleeping sheet and everytime I woke during the night would search around to make sure it was still there. This time slept in shorts with big zippered pockets that were perfect for holding passport and money. Far fewer moments of worry and better sleep. Haven't perfected the day time carrying so am appreciating all the various options that have been suggested.

There are fake pilgrims. 2 weeks ago two Alaskan guys I was walking with were convinced we met one, and reported him to the Guardia Civil.

I don't leave my backpack in the street outside albergues and go off. But I rarely use the occasional lockers inside albergues for storing what amounts to my dirty laundry either.

Thanks to everyone for all of the great comments and tips!
I think I will plan for some combination of the deep pockets, and small cross body bag.
I am a belt and braces kind of guy. I always have back up copies of documents and disperse cash and cards. Best to be prepared in case of bad luck.
Buen Camino

€60,-
I took a photo of my passport and cards and put it in the top of my pack with my credentials I always put one card in my phone and one in my wallet so I would always have at least one card for finances, the Albergue is completely satisfied with a pic of passport to get details as they are only tracking you for security purposes. I used to always carry a dummy wallet in my back pocket for any particular pick pocket with a note in Spanish telling them they are really tossets to steal a pilgrims money and it never got stolen. It's safer than you think but my mate had his boots stolen in hornilous so put them in a plastic bag and then put them in your pack that's what I did after airing them at my feet whilst having a few beer Grande at days end, hope this helps.

Cheers

Everything i deem essential i carry 24hrs. Passport cards phone ect. Everything else in bag and never a problem on 23 caminos

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Cheers
I have read all the replies and on reflection I am very lucky I did not have more than one item stolen this is one of the most informative and important threads I have read and thank the learned and writers for sharing, there was one lady who mentioned information about charging a phone and I remember when I was in Melide I was in such a hurry I disconnected my phone to get out and try the famous octopus in Melide and returned to find it gone. A post with all the relevant points would be a great post on Camino Security I know I will be more careful next time. Buen Camino

Just make sure that you have everything secured on your body so that if you drink, or over drink, Rioja--you can get home with everything you need safe and secure! Daily spending money in one pocket, the longterm stuff in the other.

edited: save to safe

*having margaritas

Cheers
I carry everything of value. I just use a The camera on my phone. Since I am never far from my backpack I keep my money belt with all my valuables in my backpack. If I am alone I will put my money belt on. In the evenings I just take my money belt with me. Most days I will have my Money belt on at most just an hour or two. But you've got some good ideas and whatever works for you do it

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Nobody steals backpacks. They are infested with smelly socks and dirty underpants. Only valuables need guarding.
... which makes your backpack ideal for "hiding valuables in plain sight." And that's exactly what I did.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Seems rather bulky to wear under a backpack

I wouldn't. It's meant for usage when I'm not wearing the pack, going walkabout in the city, eating out - i.e. generally leaving my pack out of sight.

I have a pouch I can wear with my pack, but it's inadequate and inconvenient. I imagine that the shoulder thing will give me a lot of freedom/safety/convenience for a slight weight penalty. And not only on the Camino, but while traveling in general as well.

One reason I like carrying my valuables in my cross body purse is that everything stays in one place, and other than my emergency cash and cards that go into a hidden pocket in my clothing, I'm not having to transfer things from one place to another.

Cheers
The only valuables I carry are my passport, credencials, money and phone. The first three fit in a travel wallet that is a perfect fit for the cargo pocket of my trousers. The phone goes on a lanyard around my neck. When I change my trousers, everything goes in a white cloth bag I picked up from the Dublin airport stand at a holiday exhibition. This goes into the top of my pack and when I stop, the bag comes out and goes over my shoulder. For the shower, I have a little waterproof back bag that my daughter used when they went swimming from school. It doubles as a wash bag as well. Still has her name and form class written on it :) I have often put my phone on charge and left it on my bed. No-one ever touched it. One day, I left my pack outside an albergue in Navarette and went back into town for lunch. Forgot to take my valuables with me. Once again, no-one touched it.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Cheers
I carried zip lock bags that fit in my pockets...always took them in the shower, and put them in the bottom of my sleeping liner when I slept...money, credit card, Identification, credential and passport...I sometimes got lax with my phone charging....but it made me a little nervous...already had stored pictures of my prescriptions and passport in gmail so if they disappeared I could least get things moving to replace them...

"Trust in God, but tether your camel"

I will probably take the zPacks Travel Bag. I have used it several times traveling and on hiking trips. Just the right size for passport, phone and other security items. It has two pockets and is made of Cuban fiber allowing it to be just 28 grams (1 oz). Quite durable and waterproof. It will fit in my cargo pockets and has a cord to be worn around the neck (or waist) when not hiking. http://www.zpacks.com/accessories/zip_pouches.shtml#travel

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Nobody steals backpacks
I believe that there a few posts in this forum that tell a different story, like persons walking off with backpacks left outside stores or albergues.

An expensive backpack is a tempting target in itself, and quite a few contain some very interesting items. A few smelly items is no big deal to dump (or wash).

Generally speaking nobody steals backpacks from albergues. Otherwise all albergues would have lockers. In big cities, generally a bad idea to leave luggage in the street.

Silk money belt with bank card, ins. card, & big money. Everything else of value (camera, pilgrim pass & passport a plastic cover, small money for the day, chocolate, guidebook, journal) was in my hip pack but would put my passport in my money belt once I finished checking into the albergue. Took it to the shower and also slept with it. The hip pack stayed up by head next to my pillow while sleeping, even though there wasn't anything of real value in it except my little cheap camera.
Found the money belt to be very comfortable and most days forgot I was even wearing it.

Generally speaking nobody steals backpacks from albergues. Otherwise all albergues would have lockers. In big cities, generally a bad idea to leave luggage in the street.
I believe I've seen at least one post, where somebody had walked away with a backpack from inside an albergue.

Backpacks "queued" outside albergues or left outside shops that won't allow backpacks have been known to "disappear".

The best tip I ever got from the Camino Forum was the Sea to Summit backpack which is so small when pouched it can hang on a key chain. I carry my really important stuff in a money belt--extra cash, debit card, second credit card and passport. Things I don't want to leave with my pack in an albergue, like iPad and camera, etc., I carry in my Sea to Summit backpack at the end of the day.

The Sea-to-Summit bag was my savior in 2013. My back went bad on me in Astoria. I needed to send my regular pack ahead with a pack transport company. The Sea-to-Summit bag was my daypack as I walked on to Santiago, it was so strong it carried absolutely everything I needed for the day, and is still like new after the Via de la Plata last fall.

While sleeping, I put all my valuables, including my money belt in the Sea-to-Summit and keep it in the bottom of my sleeping liner by my feet. I can easily take it to the bathroom at night.
I am also a sea to summit fan and used the same daypack in the evenings or even as a day pack when I had a problem with my knee. I also had a tiny sea to summit dry sack in which I put my money, credit cards and passport. This stayed with me and I could even take it in the shower. It's all very well trusting, but a man I met had his phone taken whilst in the loo during the night. When he offered a reward for it in the morning, another person staying in the albergue suddenly 'found' it.

Cheers

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Cheers

When I did my Camino this last April, I kept my cell phone usually in my pocket while walking, and my passport and other money inside my backpack in a waterproof bag. When I got to an albergue or a cafe, I would just take out the waterproof bag and carry it. I also brought a very lightweight nylon shoulder day bag that I would stuff the waterproof bag into when I went out, so it seemed more like a tiny backpack. In most albergues I felt pretty safe leaving my phone to charge while I was walking around, but normally took my money and passport with me, even into the shower (hence the waterproof bag).

That said, after the Camino I went to Naples, Italy where my entire backpack was stolen (with my laptop, camera, lenses and passport) in about 10 seconds from a train. Replacing a passport abroad is not something anyone wants to deal with, trust me. So always be careful.

Cheers

I use the PIAZZA Ebags cross-body bag which has served well as my 'pilgrim pouch' for two caminos. I want a bag which can hold valuables [wallet and passport], a small water bottle, a camera, some hard candies... I don't really use the waist pockets on my backpack for quick-access. That is why I put so many items in the pouch. I also look for a bag which has zippered compartments. I don't want everything tumbling out of my bag when I take a tumble.
The Piazza also has a zippered compartment on the back outside [for my PILGRIM passport], and one on the inside [for my wallet]. Yes, it is a little larger than I would prefer, but it does everything I want it to do. I am remodeling my veteran bag for the next camino so that it will be a little smaller and lighter and it will have more zippered compartments inside. I am also removing the front flap. I will try to attach an image of the original pilgrim pouch and how it is worn with the backpack.

Once you reach your destination each day, it is so nice to have the little bag ready to go for wandering about town.

Yes, I take it to bed with me. On the first camino, I had a dog collar to connect the bag to the bed rail. My watch is on the bag strap, so I can find it in the dark.

We are two, so one of us can watch valuables while the other showers. I also stitched zippered pockets inside of each pair of our pants.

Concerning the waist pack, my partner collapsed about the 7th day because it pinched a nerve on one side. He carried it in the backpack after that.

Buen camino!
Anthony Rocco

Attachments

• Pouch pic.jpg
    Pouch pic.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 27

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back