• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD What documents are needed for the CF?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Murray

Time of past OR future Camino
Five CF Camino’s to date.
Hi to all,

I am traveling to SJPP in early September. I will be flying from Dublin to Biarritz so will be landing in France. But of course within a day I will be in Spain. When I look at the information for traveling to Spain, the official web site only provides details for air and sea travel--nothing for walkers. I know I will have to comply with all the requirements to enter France, but what about Spain?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are currently no documentary requirements beyond having a passport valid 6 months and a visa if needed to cross the land border, well unless you count your credencial as necessary.

Some extra may be needed if you leave Spain by air, but that's a different question.

I read the information on the Spanish government website differently. It could be presented in a clearer way than it is the case.

If you travel by land from France to Spain:​
  • You do not need to fill in the SpTH form and you do not need to get the QR code associated with it.
  • There are no public health related controls at the land border between Spain and France.
  • Currently (27 July 2021) both all of Ireland and the regions of France that share a border with Spain - Nouvelle-Aquitaine and Occitanie - are declared as risk areas by Spain. See list of risk countries/risk areas here. The list gets updated every 7 days and will change until September when you plan to travel.
It is my understanding that travellers from risk areas/risk countries must have Covid-19 related documentation, see Spanish government document about NEW HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO SPAIN AS FROM 7 JUNE. The relevant quote is this:

F. What if I enter Spain by land?
All people aged 6 years or older from countries or areas at risk arriving in Spain by land must have one of the documents (certificate of vaccination, diagnostic test or recovery) specified in the first section of this document.
If you are fully vaccinated and as you are from Ireland, the EU Digital Covid Certificate would be all you need to enter Spain from France and you will not be controlled.

BTW, as to passports: The rule for nationals of non-EU countries who want to enter the Schengen area says that their passport must be valid for at least 3 months, counted from the day they plan to leave the Schengen area. As you are the national of an EU country, this rule does not apply to you. I would be surprised if a stricter rule than what I just quoted applies.

Buen Camino! And apologies for the length of the post.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It is my understanding that travellers from risk areas/risk countries must have Covid-19 related documentation
Actually a bit more than just my understanding. Here is the link to the relevant Spanish law and it is still in force. Quote:

Primero. Objeto y ámbito de aplicación.​
Todas las personas, mayores de 12 años, procedentes de zonas de riesgo de Francia, que lleguen a España por vía terrestre deberán disponer de la certificación de alguno de los siguientes requisitos sanitarios: [list of required certificates]​
meaning: all persons older than 12 years, coming from risk areas in France, arriving in Spain by land, must have appropriate Covid-19 health related documentation.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back