A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Camino Forum Donation

What File Formats are Allowed in Resources Section?

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
Hi,

I was going to upload a handy packing list spreadsheet that I use.
Summarises weights etc etc.

But I wasn't allowed to upload an .xls file format.

Anyone know what file formats are allowed?

Camino(s) past & future
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 to 2018
Ivar makes a very good point about avoiding viruses.

I recommend converting the file to .pdf format, then posting the file. This gives everyone the chance to print or view it easily.

Newer versions of Excel permit you to "Save As" and change the file format to .pdf. You end up with two versions of the file, the original Excel file, and the Adobe Acrobat Portable File format, .pdf.

You might offer to provide the source .xls or .xlsx file if someone sends you a Private Conversation message with a real email address.

Hope this helps.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: September 24 - October 31 (2015); February/March (2020)
There are times when you want to enable some capability within Excel that a pdf won’t allow, such as filtering or sorting. In that case, is it possible to post a link to a file sharing location in the Resources section? I converted the CF albergues pdf to Excel format and then appended more information on all the albergues, including opening and closing dates and whether a doer is served. I can then filter the list for the dates I’ll be walking and whether a dinner is served.

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
There are times when you want to enable some capability within Excel that a pdf won’t allow, such as filtering or sorting. In that case, is it possible to post a link to a file sharing location in the Resources section? I converted the CF albergues pdf to Excel format and then appended more information on all the albergues, including opening and closing dates and whether a doer is served. I can then filter the list for the dates I’ll be walking and whether a dinner is served.
Sure.. maybe a google docs?

Camino(s) past & future
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(Apr/May 2018)
VdlP (2020)
Understood.
I was hoping to upload as an xls file, as the file allows people to add their own items, have them all totalled, body weight % calcualted etc.
Not much point as a pdf though. Who wants to read what I take :oops:

1547471286577.png

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 126 15.4%
  • May

Votes: 199 24.3%