• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What happened to Forum member Alexwalker?

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
2009-2022: CFx6, CP, VdlPx2, Mozarabe, more later.
Hi all pilgrims; wannabies, newbies and oldtimers,

I have received messages from several of you forum members for the last 8 months or so, as I have been inactive (absent) on this Forum. Thank you to you all for your concerns. Here's why:

Last spring, I had to stop my Camino Frances in Astorga, due to very hard knee pains. I could not walk any longer, and had to return back home, via a few rest days in Alicante. While there, one afternoon, I fainted and fell to the street, receiving a blow to my forehead (11 stiches), as well as a heavy concussion. Some kind Spaniards called an ambulance and brought me to the hospital for treatment. I do not remember much (alcohol was not an issue).

Anyway, upon my arrival home, I was diagnosed with some heart problem (falling/low blood pressure), making me prone to dizziness and hence fainting and fallover, as well as arthritis in both knees (I suspect due to many Caminos over the last 15 years. (I am soon 69 years old).

So, that should mean the end of my Camino(s) adventure(s). Not quite.

As many «repeat offenders» know, when the calling from the Camino arrives, it is very hard to resist «that devil sitting on your shoulder». As it is for me now.

So, planning has started. I haven't yet told my «boss», as she will go crazy. So I am behaving like a duck («above surface, appear calm and unruffled. Below surface, paddle like h*ll»).

But I need to adjust a little:
  1. Shorter distances (12-15 kms). Meaning booking ahead, starting a little later, slow walking. (smelling the roses more).
  2. Having backpack transportation often, due to my arthritis knees.
  3. Not slipping into a «Camino family» bc of shorter daily distances.
No problem for me: I enjoy my own company and my reflection time on my Caminos. At least I am walking with a person who understands and likes me.

I should start in Astorga, as that was where I aborted last year. But, the Meseta is a favorite section of (my) Camino, so I will start in Burgos. Walking out from Burgos, knowing the whole Meseta is ahead of you, is an inspiring thought. Being retired, I have no time restraints.

An evening in my favorite place with top tapas in Santiago is also rewarding...

Well, so now you know. If I bite the dust on the Camino, so be it. I am going.

Old pilgrims never die: They just smell like that.

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

I have received messages from several of you forum members for the last 8 months or so, as I have been inactive (absent) on this Forum. Thank you to you all for your concerns. Here's why:

Last spring, I had to stop my Camino Frances in Astorga, due to very hard knee pains. I could not walk any longer, and had to return back home, via a few rest days in Alicante. While there, one afternoon, I fainted and fell to the street, receiving a blow to my forehead (11 stiches), as well as a heavy concussion. Some kind Spaniards called an ambulance and brought me to the hospital for treatment. I do not remember much (alcohol was not an issue).

Anyway, upon my arrival home, I was diagnosed with some heart problem (falling/low blood pressure), making me prone to dizziness and hence fainting and fallover, as well as arthritis in both knees (I suspect due to many Caminos over the last 15 years. (I am soon 69 years old).

As many «repeat offenders» know, when the calling from the Camino arrives, it is very hard to resist «that devil sitting on your shoulder». As it is for me now.

So, planning has started. I haven't yet told my «boss», as she will go crazy. So I am behaving like a duck («above surface, appear calm and unruffled. Below surface, paddle like h*ll»).

1. Shorter distances (12-15 kms). Meaning booking ahead, starting a little later, slow walking. (smelling the roses more).
No problem for me: I enjoy my own company and my reflection time of my Camino. At least I am walking with a person who understands and likes me.

I should start in Astorga, as that was where I aborted last year. But, the Meseta is a favorite section of (my) Camino, so I will start in Burgos. Walking out from Burgos, knowing the whole Meseta is ahead of you, is an inspiring thought. Being retired, I have no time restraints.

Exactly how I feel and I'm 84! still plotting and planning however, depending on mucho medication, advice from Physio, lamentations from my Guardian angel etc. As to the smell, may it be vino tinto, irrespective of how little I should consume :) keep on truckin good buddy, I think there is still a little coven of us octogenarians flitting about Sevilla !

Samarkand.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
as well as arthritis in both knees (I suspect due to many Caminos over the last 15 years. (I am soon 69 years old).
That sounds all too familiar - I had to cut short a walk in Norway last summer after pushing my own arthritic knees too hard. I really do sympathise! I am a comparative youngster of 60 though. :) I'm back on the Camino Frances at the moment and trying hard not to push myself beyond the limits this time. I've even stayed two nights in the same place which is almost unheard-of. Seems to be working. There's hope yet! :cool:

That sounds all too familiar - I had to cut short a walk in Norway last summer after pushing my own arthritic knees too hard. I really do sympathise! I am a comparative youngster of 60 though. :) I'm back on the Camino Frances at the moment and trying hard not to push myself beyond the limits this time. I've even stayed two nights in the same place which is almost unheard-of. Seems to be working. There's hope yet! :cool:
GREAT to hear: Wish I was there! You spring chicken will be in Santiago shortly!

Seriously, I understand your knee problems, but you sound to do the right thing, as I also will be attempting.

Buen continued Camino!

Alex, I was one who worried about you and your well-being after your aborted Camino when you completely "fell off the forum". A few months later I sent you a pm, and you responded a time later, saying you were ok, but nothing more. I was just relieved to know you were alive and kicking, so to speak.
Now you are alive and going to be walking once again; great news!
So sorry to hear of all the things you have been going through this past year, but am very appreciative you have taken the time to update us.
All the best to you in 2023; God bless and good luck! 🥾🥾

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Alex, I was one who worried about you and your well-being after your aborted Camino when you completely "fell off the forum". A few months later I sent you a pm, and you responded a time later, saying you were ok, but nothing more. I was just relieved to know you were alive and kicking, so to speak.
Now you are alive and going to be walking once again; great news!
So sorry to hear of all the things you have been going through this past year, but am very appreciative you have taken the time to update us.
All the best to you in 2023; God bless and good luck! 🥾🥾
Thanks, fellow pilgrim.

Having been a member in here for 15 years, I thought I needed to explain the reason for my absense. It has been heartwarming to notice concern on my behalf from many Forum members. Thank you.

I still have some problems: Often starting to tremble and fall down, but being OK after a few seconds. Strange. No medic explanation so far. But what will be, will be. Knees are still troubling me but: I am determined to walk again. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Biting the dust on the Camino, at 69, is highly preferred compared to sitting alone in a room staring blindly out at the world outside from a window, at 90.

Last edited:
Good to hear from you again Alex. I hope you get in touch when in Santiago.
Most certainly, Ivar. I'll cover the coffee. :) Thank you so much. It has been a tough year, but I feel more comfortable now, despite falling down now and again. But what the he*k; sh*t happens, and I am still here.

My attitude is, better to go in style than rot away.

It has been an unusual year, simply accepting that age is biting my a*s. But that won't stop me: I prefer to keep my shoes on.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I, too, enjoy nothing better than enjoying good tapas in SdC. When you are next there, there is another excellent tapas bar also on Rua do Franco just a few doors down on the other side of the street from the one you like. Give Tapas Petiscos Do Cardeal a try. Both places are equally good!

Exactly how I feel and I'm 84! still plotting and planning however, depending on mucho medication, advice from Physio, lamentations from my Guardian angel etc. As to the smell, may it be vino tinto, irrespective of how little I should consume :) keep on truckin good buddy, I think there is still a little coven of us octogenarians flitting about Sevilla !

Samarkand.
:) Just go. Slowly.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I, too, enjoy nothing better than enjoying good tapas in SdC. When you are next there, there is another excellent tapas bar also on Rua do Franco just a few doors down on the other side of the street from the one you like. Give Tapas Petiscos Do Cardeal a try. Both places are equally good!

Been there. Yes, it is execptional.

Hey Alex, we've never met, but I really enjoy your input on the forum, your personality shows through. We are the same age and yes, I also faint and fall from time to time, it's rather bizarre how if happens. I wonder for myself now, the safety of travelling alone, but I seem to be my best travelling mate so I just go, and try to look after myself. For me, I'm convinced it's mostly dehydration, water has no taste and I'm normally not inspired to drink enough.
Anyway, I'm glad to see you are okay and pushing through things, all the best to you.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

No problem for me: I enjoy my own company and my reflection time on my Caminos. At least I am walking with a person who understands and likes me.

Prayers ARE answered! Thank you for bringing us all up to date. I was afraid you made that final trek onto the pack ice -

Glad to hear you are still vertical and planning for the future. I will be 70 in June and have some similar issues. However, I have not started falling - yet.

I am VERY happy that you are on the mend and adapting to the future.

Buen Camino.

Tom

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Alex. I don't know you but I admire your attitude and fortitude. As one that's also suffered injuries and setbacks I'd just like to say reading your story is inspirational and exactly what I need to hear. Keep going...I'd love to meet you on a camino one day...May I recommend a song by Chumbawamba...I get Knocked Down...and I get Up Again....

Buen Camino Alex

I wish I could cross paths with you! I did my first Camino at the age of 76 and I keep telling myself each time I return that "I'd rather be seen than viewed"! Keep those feet marching! Hope to do one this year and for an old lady at 85, I am keeping my fingers crossed! Buen Camino!

I am very happy to hear that you are doing better. I too wondered what had happened but I thought it best to respect your space and not to write. We have had a little correspondence over the last couple of years and have enjoyed our brief exchanges. i always thought it would be really nice to run into you on camino and share camino and life stories over a nice dinner. Now maybe it will still be possible one day. Please take care and I am very happy you are doing well and are adjusting to your circumstances and will walk a camino that probably seemed out of the question 10 years ago but now are a fact of life at our camino stage of life. Buen Camino!!

We've not met ... but we're on the "same page." My brother (79) and I (80) will walk our third Camino Frances this August-October, allowing 45 days so we can move slow and carefully, which is why we were so excited to receive confirmation of reservations at Orisson for our first night. We have no intention of slowing down until our bodies refuse to respond. We walk our "camino" every day as a way of life ... sharing, helping others as needed, grateful for every blessing and giving thanks. So looking forward to this next journey on The Way. Buen Camino.

You are a true pilgrim! Your true pilgrim attitude shines through as does your humour.
Buen Camino on all your paths

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

My husband and I just finished the Camino and we opted for these distances as well (I’m 65, my husband is 72). Our goal was to finish but to also take care of ourselves. We planned break periods as well. Good luck and enjoy!

I love your humor and determination. I now walk with a cane reminding me everyday that my randonnee days are over, so I am volunteering as a hospi this summer. It requires the same logistic skills as walking does and the option for the odd geriatric bus or train ride is there to share time on the Camino.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

"Old pilgrims never die: They just smell like that." Hahahaha!
Been there too....Bypass, stents, the works, but still not smelling 😎
Buen Camino!

"as well as arthritis in both knees (I suspect due to many Caminos over the last 15 years. (I am soon 69 years old"
I don't think walking is regarded as a cause of arthritis. If you have painful knees, try bicycling, stationary or road. It will quickly build up the muscles above the knee and you'll probably find that it is a painless activity. Just make sure that the seat of the bike is adjusted high enough so that your leg, above the knee, is never parallel to the ground at the top of your stroke. Doing that can result in injury!

Shorter distances (12-15 kms). Meaning booking ahead, starting a little later, slow walking. (smelling the roses more).

I am beginning to get to get this message but, with much empty space between the ears, it takes a while to sink in where it should.

@alexwalker, to you I say kia kaha, kia māia, kia mana'wa'nui (take care, be strong, confident and patient(

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Alex,
lovely to hear from you, Over the years I have enjoyed so many of your posts.
I wish I could plan with definite shorter days. I have planned and booked from Tui to Santiago with my granddaughter in late May. I will send my rucksack ahead each day. Somehow, when I know for definite that I have a bed for definite, I can just go on walking but the day is long and time for getting clothes dry is short. I am so glad to have Beth with me this year. I will be 80 in November, Beth is 21, so I am blessed that she will join me. I think that this might be my last Camino but I will continue to volunteer in the pilgrim office.
Buen Camino to you and to all our mature fellow pilgrims. Ultryia.

Wonderful to hear from you. I too am going to walk from Burgos but only to Sarria, averaging 12 to 15 km a day. Very doable. I wish you well.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hey Alex, we've never met, but I really enjoy your input on the forum, your personality shows through. We are the same age and yes, I also faint and fall from time to time, it's rather bizarre how if happens. I wonder for myself now, the safety of travelling alone, but I seem to be my best travelling mate so I just go, and try to look after myself. For me, I'm convinced it's mostly dehydration, water has no taste and I'm normally not inspired to drink enough.
Anyway, I'm glad to see you are okay and pushing through things, all the best to you.
Have you tried beer? It has taste.
Fish copulate in water, not to mention what little boys do in the water.
All people emphasize the importance of carrying enough water, so I do. And drink a beer.

Last edited:
It seems the Camino and the fire brigade have something in common, I recently met up with some old colleagues and the first 30mins was a list of ailments and medications 🤦🏼‍♂️ for me it was shin splints, clicky left knee, sciatica, clicky right wrist, frozen shoulder and that was just the physical complaints, I swear some mornings I feel like the tin man…and yes I’m back in the Camino in May but my meds seem to take up more room in my pack each year 🤣 buen camino mi amigos 👍

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hola @alexwalker . So great to hear from you again. Whilst we don't really know, personally, some of the names and photos we meet via this Forum. I have often read with delight your insightful post.
So am very glad that you are still with us. Best wishes for continued health improvements. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Buen Camino

Hola @alexwalker . ... So am very glad that you are still with us. Best wishes for continued health improvements. Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Buen Camino
As said: Old pilgrims never die. They just smell like that.
I'm back.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

So please just to hear that you are (mostly) OK. Have a good trip, listen to your body and take care of yourself. Ultreïa!

It seems the Camino and the fire brigade have something in common, I recently met up with some old colleagues and the first 30mins was a list of ailments and medications 🤦🏼‍♂️ for me it was shin splints, clicky left knee, sciatica, clicky right wrist, frozen shoulder and that was just the physical complaints, I swear some mornings I feel like the tin man…and yes I’m back in the Camino in May but my meds seem to take up more room in my pack each year 🤣 buen camino mi amigos 👍
My generation calls it, "the organ recital."

As in, you spend an indeterminate amount of time when you first meet reciting which organs have gone dodgy or failed since your last meeting...

My generation calls it, "the organ recital."

As in, you spend an indeterminate amount of time when you first meet reciting which organs have gone dodgy or failed since your last meeting...
Here's my take on it:

One day I (and you) shall die.
All the other days I (and you) shall live.
Enjoy and live life to the fullest, each day. Because you are alive and kicking. Walk a Camino.

Last edited:

Alex, I am a lot younger than you but only plan on walking 15km, little more or a little less per day so I can smell the roses. As you know you will never be alone, I'm sure there will be a slow family that will be grateful for your company. 😀🥾🥾

Your favourite is my favourite by far Alexwalker 😉👍🏼❤️❤️

Alexwalker, I have missed you and I’m so sorry to hear about your troubles.

I just turned 71 and broke my leg 6 weeks after finishing my latest Camino. I pretty much feel your pain. Nevertheless, to the chagrin and knowing shrugs of my family and friends, I am still looking forward to my next Camino and doing some very secret, prelim, planning.

I want to tell you that your revised distances are pretty close to what I was doing the last time, so I think we’d be a perfect Camino family! We’d hobble along together, to hell with anyone who gets annoyed at the click-clack-click-clack of our hiking poles/crutches!!

Buen Camino to us!!

Last edited:
I wish I could cross paths with you! I did my first Camino at the age of 76 and I keep telling myself each time I return that "I'd rather be seen than viewed"! Keep those feet marching! Hope to do one this year and for an old lady at 85, I am keeping my fingers crossed! Buen Camino!
My husband will be doing his first Camino Frances at 80. It will also be my first but I am a youngster - just 66. We start late April 2023.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Most certainly, Ivar. I'll cover the coffee. :) Thank you so much. It has been a tough year, but I feel more comfortable now, despite falling down now and again. But what the he*k; sh*t happens, and I am still here.

My attitude is, better to go in style than rot away.

It has been an unusual year, simply accepting that age is biting my a*s. But that won't stop me: I prefer to keep my shoes on.
I certainly like you attitude, Alex. You replied to many of my questions as a newbie. Glad to hear you're on the road to recovery and you will once again be finding your own path. Ultreia

Thanks, fellow pilgrim.

Having been a member in here for 15 years, I thought I needed to explain the reason for my absense. It has been heartwarming to notice concern on my behalf from many Forum members. Thank you.

I still have some problems: Often starting to tremble and fall down, but being OK after a few seconds. Strange. No medic explanation so far. But what will be, will be. Knees are still troubling me but: I am determined to walk again. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Biting the dust on the Camino, at 69, is highly preferred compared to sitting alone in a room staring blindly out at the world outside from a window, at 90.
I share your sentiments completely! Continued best wishes to you Alex
Thanks, fellow pilgrim.

Biting the dust on the Camino, at 69, is highly preferred compared to sitting alone in a room staring blindly out at the world outside from a window, at 90.share you sentiments

So good that you have "checked in" Alex Walker. I wish you all the best with your next Camino...please take care and be safe.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
So good that you have "checked in" Alex Walker. I wish you all the best with your next Camino...please take care and be safe.
"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"... ;)

Edit: I forgot to say: I was lucky in Alicante. My doctor in Norway told me that if I had hit the street on my temple (side of head, for ignorants), I would have been dead on the spot. It was a "lucky" fall.

Last edited:

Glad you’re okay. What a great story. Btw, would you mind sharing your favorite tapas place in Santiago? Planning on being there in May.

So good to hear from you!
And so glad you're doing better.
I took a fall myself last Camino - not as serious as yours - but it made me more aware of my mortality, probably even more than the cancer did.
Anyway, happy to see you back on the forum.
Enjoy that upcoming "slow" Camino.
You've earned it!

I am glad you are okay and that your sense of humor remains in tact!

I still have some problems: Often starting to tremble and fall down, but being OK after a few seconds. Strange. No medic explanation so far. But what will be, will be. Knees are still troubling me but: I am determined to walk again.
I started (almost ) fainting soon after I finished my 1st camino in 2017. After some weeks of occasionally feeling dizzy and then almost (but not quite) collapsing to the ground and then standing up again almost immediately, it was discovered I had something called pre-syncope when my heart would stop for 5 seconds and then spontaneously restart. The cure was a pacemaker. I have not had any trouble since it was fitted and did another camino in 2019 and am planning to do another one this year.

I started (almost ) fainting soon after I finished my 1st camino in 2017. After some weeks of occasionally feeling dizzy and then almost (but not quite) collapsing to the ground and then standing up again almost immediately, it was discovered I had something called pre-syncope when my heart would stop for 5 seconds and then spontaneously restart. The cure was a pacemaker. I have not had any trouble since it was fitted and did another camino in 2019 and am planning to do another one this year.
EXACTLY what is (still) happening to me!!! Fortunately, I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow. I shall inform him about your case. Did you also had trembling before falling?

THANK you VERY much!

Alex, you nearly have a full-time job keeping up with all the activity of Likes, Loves and messages given to you by this forum community with 200+ reactions to your original post!
I think you have probably broken records for the "Welcome Back" category if there is one....it speaks volumes of your character.🙂

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Welcome back! Glad to hear you are on the mend after such a scary experience. I torn my hip labrum in June, in a conga line at San Bol :) but am determined to go back in April. I think there may be a number of us serial pilgrims who are slowing down and we just might still make a Camino family. I love all my Camino families.....I just don't talk about them to each other, as I want them all to think they are special .

EXACTLY what is (still) happening to me!!! Fortunately, I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow. I shall inform him about your case. Did you also had trembling before falling?

THANK you VERY much!
Shortly before I had my by-pass, I suffered several falls and was diagnosed with an extremely low sodium level in my blood and had to spend several days in hospital on a drip.
I had no idea a low sodium level can be lethal.

THANK you VERY much!
I don't recall trembling before each episode; just feeling faint for 5 or so seconds and sinking almost down to the ground and then immediately regaining strength to stand up again. I was lucky in that eventually my GP gave me a small device to use at home to record my cardiogram on my mobile phone which was then sent to my surgery. 99.9% of the time it was normal and you have to record yourself when the pre-syncope kicks in: not easy. I got lucky once and that 5 second gap on the cardiogram convinced the GP to send me to the cardiology department at the hospital.

My device was KardiaMobile personal ECG. My surgery had one but if necessary you can buy one from Amazon for, in England, £99.

I don't recall trembling before each episode; just feeling faint for 5 or so seconds and sinking almost down to the ground and then immediately regaining strength to stand up again. I was lucky in that eventually my GP gave me a small device to use at home to record my cardiogram on my mobile phone which was then sent to my surgery. 99.9% of the time it was normal and you have to record yourself when the pre-syncope kicks in: not easy. I got lucky once and that 5 second gap on the cardiogram convinced the GP to send me to the cardiology department at the hospital.

My device was KardiaMobile personal ECG. My surgery had one but if necessary you can buy one from Amazon for, in England, £99.
I hope this helps you, Alex. Whether or not your eventual diagnosis is the same as mine was, please do let us all know how you get on and certainly when you are better.

I hope this helps you, Alex. Whether or not your eventual diagnosis is the same as mine was, please do let us all know how you get on and certainly when you are better.
Just back from my GP after ECG, but as you say, it needs recording when it happens. Next week I will be equipped with a cardiograph for a couple of days. I am also being sent on to a neuroligist specialist for expert evaluation. I can say that after I showed your post (I printed it) to my GP, he really started moving...

Thank you!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Amen. There are so many possibilities that could be causing such a thing, but cardiac causes and low blood sugar are running neck and neck. I assume that the GP's already checked that.

For the other poster, oh yes, hyponatremia (low sodium) definitely kills, as does both hypo and hyperkalemia (potassium). Sadly, we lose people to low sodium every year...often young athletes who don't/can't replace their electrolytes when sweating, or people who've been having severe stomach/intestinal problems. The patient often gets confused, experiences cramping, and then in some cases goes into seizures. Not easy to treat once they get to that stage...and yes, i do speak from experience.:(

@alexwalker
Great to see you back!

I see your long list of caminos, under your name/avatar, has disappeared … you’ve capitulated 😄😉
I used to like looking down through it …
could you put them with your aphorisms, in the space under your posts, please?

Stay safe, buen camino!

PS like the new avatar 😉
PPS sorry to be late to this (it’s getting to be a habit … )

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I see your long list of caminos, under your name/avatar, has disappeared … you’ve capitulated 😄😉
I used to like looking down through it …
could you put them with your aphorisms, in the space under your posts, please?
Ivar upgraded the Forum SW a while ago, and in the process, this list opportuniy was disabled. Now, I cannot remember/distinguish My Caminos any longer :)

About my avatar: It is actually a painting by a renowned and beloved Norw. artist, showing a wanderer/walker looking forward to the "promised land" (maybe Santiago?), but still with a long way to go. Lots of symbolism..

About the (famous) artist:

Use Google translate from Norw.

Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum

Watching the weather for my April 26-May 1 walk. Too early to see the future, and now my question: Disposable ponchos( maybe 2) or more reliable poncho? Just carrying a very small backpack( bags...
Hi Everyone, This is kind of embarassing! I am leaving in 2 days, for my 3rd Camino and will primarily be walking the Camino Frances in April. My previous Caminos have been in June and June/July...
if needed, can I purchase a rain poncho along my upcoming route from Tui to Santiago de compostela? As I watch the weather forecast for April 25-May 1st it appears TODAY that there will be very...
I will be starting my walk in May 2024. I will have my iphone with t-mobile service, which works fine in most of Europe. My question is for those of you who have been on this route, and had your...
Hi All, Rachel from UK here. I walked part of the Camino in 2019 (6days from Pamplona). Last year I walked Frances until Leon. 2024 is the route to Santiago. Any tips from Leon to Santiago...
I am hiking the Norte and Primitive routes starting May 16, 2024. This will be my first Camino. I have access to the Buen Camino app, Gronze, and a guidebook which are all excellent at providing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.