• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What I learnt along the way + Short Film

Emma_Kate

Time of past OR future Camino
It's exactly two years today since I started my Camino at St Jean Pied de Port. It's had such a profound effect on my life since. I feel like the lessons I learned along the way will stay with me for the rest of my days.

The biggest thing I've learnt is that when I think I have to go at it alone... the people I need turn up.

Only recently have I managed to go through my photos and video from walk, all this time later. I've put together a short personal film if anyone is interested:

This is how I experienced the Camino.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you so much for posting your great work! Am certain pilgrims from all over the world recall experiences and thoughts of their own camino and can relate. Very, very well done!!!

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful.
And extremely well done, footage, editing, music, voice over, everything is just perfect. And I'm not speaking only as Camino addict but also as a film director from professional point of view.
Hats off to you @Emma_Kate !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It's exactly two years today since I started my Camino at St Jean Pied de Port. It's had such a profound effect on my life since. I feel like the lessons I learned along the way will stay with me for the rest of my days.

The biggest thing I've learnt is that when I think I have to go at it alone... the people I need turn up.

Only recently have I managed to go through my photos and video from walk, all this time later. I've put together a short personal film if anyone is interested:

Beautiful.thank you.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Beautiful naratition only matches by the images.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, experiences and talent with us.

I thing did catch my eye: the lit fire in Fisterra, which is illegal for good reason, and for which a couple was arrested last year, or two years ago, after the set the cabo on fire when the fire got out of control.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
@Emma_Kate I think your short film is so well done I'm going to make this thread a "sticky" for a short while, just so it does not disappear from every one's radar.
Bravo for that decision!!!

PS (If I would somehow be a member of Spanish Tourist Organisation I would want to buy-off copyrights immediately.)

You are very talented. Good one!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Beauty - FULL

Oh my, this is so beautifully done and captures so well the Camino experience that I had. Thank you for creating and sharing this.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Emma Kate.....This small film and your commentary is absolutely wonderful.....Love your use of words and absolutely LOVE your Video....just special.

Wow, that is absolutely beautiful.
And extremely well done, footage, editing, music, voice over, everything is just perfect. And I'm not speaking only as Camino addict but also as a film director from professional point of view.
Hats off to you @Emma_Kate !
Wonderful praise for Emma's film - so affirming for her...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

@Emma_Kate I can only echo what everyone else has already said - this is a beautiful film. Thank you for sharing it with us.

(PS I looked at some of your other work too - you have a wonderful gift for capturing the emotions and spirit of your subjects)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you everyone so much for your kind words, it's very humbling to hear. It's taken me a long time to share this as it was after a very difficult period in my life but it makes me very happy to hear it is resonating with others as well and I'm glad it's now out there in the world.

I filmed it on the Canon 5Dmkiii and just the one lens, a 50mm1.2 ... it was a hard decision to choose just the one in an effort to pack 'light' ;)

Thank you everyone so much for your kind words, it's very humbling to hear. It's taken me a long time to share this as it was after a very difficult period in my life but it makes me very happy to hear it is resonating with others as well and I'm glad it's now out there in the world.

BRAVO, EMMA_KATE!!!

I have read all the accolades, all well deserved. It is the rare film that can touch the heart. I know that I am not alone in this and glad to know that more will see this and learn about the Camino and this small window into your story.

For me, your film spoke such truth, one who has tasted everything in your film, but failed to make it beyond Pamplona. Still healing, a year later, I am now planning my return, to complete the Pilgrimage next year. Your experience and its depiction was a bearing of your soul and I am honoured to be allowed to see such honesty.

€46,-
BRAVO, EMMA_KATE!!!

I have read all the accolades, all well deserved. It is the rare film that can touch the heart. I know that I am not alone in this and glad to know that more will see this and learn about the Camino and this small window into your story.

For me, your film spoke such truth, one who has tasted everything in your film, but failed to make it beyond Pamplona. Still healing, a year later, I am now planning my return, to complete the Pilgrimage next year. Your experience and its depiction was a bearing of your soul and I am honoured to be allowed to see such honesty.

Hello Michelle,

How about this for a different perspective on your pilgramage?

You walked to Pamplona and stopped for the right reasons. You'll be back when you're ready.

Buen (Get back as soon as you can) Camino

It's a lovely film. Generous and giving... like the Camino

Bravo! Your video is touching. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you post it on YouTube for others.

Last edited:

(Speechless...)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Awesome...You captured it, my dear!

Emma Kate -- tears in my eyes -- I was very deeply moved by your beautiful tribute to the Camino. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with us.

Great film, loved it!

Absolutely loved your video contribution to the Camino story.

I have copied this blog link to many people I know have asked the same question and I was unable to adequately answer them. Your short video answers this question perfectly.

Well done

Hello Michelle,

How about this for a different perspective on your pilgramage?

You walked to Pamplona and stopped for the right reasons. You'll be back when you're ready.

Buen (Get back as soon as you can) Camino
Hello JohnMcM,

Thank You.

It has been about 11 months now and no help from doctors. It is like I am the only one in the world who has damaged her leg from the weight I was carrying. My pack simply exacerbated it to a point of failure, mechanically speaking.

However, I started my own walking program 12 weeks ago at a very light 2,500 steps per day. less than 2 km. I should also advise that I am carrying about 75 lb more than I should be so that is adding to the work effort on anything I do. But through rain and shine, I have raised the bar for myself every two weeks to where I am up to 5,000 steps or about 3.75 km today. But what I now enjoy is a greater energy level and am walking at about 4.5 km/hour. Weight is also being addressed with a gov't supported weight management program so my goals to lose this useless weight are on track to return to the Camino in late Spring, early Summer next year.

Until then, the memories I have from between SJPP to Pamplona will tide me over till I can return.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

FANTASTIC!!! Thanks

Excellent!
(No apologies for bumping up this thread for those who haven't yet seen it :cool:).
Jill

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well done. Lovely images, good editing and excellent dialog track. Yay for young people walking the camino ;););) and old people too. :p:p:p. There was an option to share and I've shared on my facebook hope OK. Let me know if not.

Loved it.

lovely film, touched my heart deeply- the perfect mix of green and color, intimacy, sharing, space and contemplation, wonderful awareness of thoughts and feelings. I could feel the Pilgrim Heart
thank you

€83,-

Well said. I felt something similar and...i got Camino-addicted....big time..!

[QUOTE="Emma_Kate, post: 531492, member: 72016"I've put together a short personal film if anyone is interested:
This is how I experienced the Camino.[/QUOTE]
What an amazing talent! This has to be the quintessential film statement of the Camino experience. Reading all the posts above, I can only say ditto..

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Beautiful. Thank you.

By giving is though u receive... as u wonder & wander either u walk alone or with some, to seek and traveled far beyond.... thankfulness is mine seeing what a wonderful views u shared!!! God bless u & rest of ur love one!!!

I have just looked at this film again and it is just so beautiful It truly captures and encapsulates all that the Camino is. You can almost touch the feelings that it evokes like a scent on the brezze that you can almost taste. Is this the clip that keeps on giving? I think so. Thank you again for sharing it it really tapped into my soul.

Hi EMA_KATE.JUST SOW YOUR VIDEO FOR THE FIRST TIMES SO BEUTIFUL THANK YUO ERY MUCHIT REALLY SOW THE BEAUTY OF THE CAMINO,HOPE YOU CAN DO MANY CAMINOS.

wow........... this made me cry.... thank you!! I can't wait

I loved loved your video. Well done. It was how I felt. I definitely am more mindful since completing the Camino which makes me appreciate what I have more.

Excellent!!! I've seen some pretty good camino films. This is the best yet for me!! Thanks for sharing your journey!:cool:

Thanks for sharing that!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Magic video, thank you! ✅♂️

There are not enough adjectives to describe this video, undoubtfully excellent, awesome, magnificent but also inspirational and heartwarming. The cinematography is outstanding and the narration very eloquent and inviting! I have shared it with all my family and friends. Thank you for the hard work you put on this production and for sharing it with us. Many blessings!!!

Very nice. A sincere thanks for sharing.

This video lays bare your heart and we all identify with that naked emotional truth.
The images and music and your wise words speak to that which many here find no words for.
Still a few months out from my first Camino, I cant wait to discover and share that experience.
Lovely.

€60,-
The short film does not work on vimeo.
Is there a different place where I can watch it?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Wow. I cried. Then I sent it to a special, struggling and brilliant student. Hoping maybe he will stop distracting himself, maybe not enrol for a fall term of classes he does not want to take, will maybe pick up a Camino trail and then come back to a life from which he is less distracted.
Sent it to my kiddo as a quick treatise on why I dream of doing the Portuguese with him.
Will send it to Spouse, who departs in less than 3 weeks...
And I will send it to my former grad student who did the Norte last year before commencing her doctoral studies.
Just lovely...

You summed it up beautifully!!!!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
WOW!!!!!! Said it was was last and third camino in September, but, this makes me want to do it again!!!
Blessings

Dear Emma! Thank you so much, you've lightened up my day! 🥾🥾🥰 I am moved....
This is the best video I have seen recently.

Beautiful...Blubbering in anticipation of my own...WAY!

Blessings....

Attachments

• 190490_104509753088393_801098627_n.jpg
    190490_104509753088393_801098627_n.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back