• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is in the essential first aid kit

DeniseT

Time of past OR future Camino
Future:) 01 Jun 2017 SJPDP
hello again, Thankyou for all your hints and support, just got to sort out my first aid kit, and another light weight shirt .
Do I really need a map book????

what is in the very light weight essential first aid kit
So far
My tiny awesome little Gerber multi tool
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Couple Small sachets of antiseptic
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen
Anything else , packing light light light my knees and back are the focus on pain relief

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sounds fine. I am just scared about what you intend to do with the multi tool!

I only take Compeeds (different sizes), 3M Micropore tape, and a few Elastoplast plasters in case of cuts and scratches. I think the original brands are worth the money, not cheaper 'own brands'.
If I get a bad blister I buy a kilo of salt to make a saline soak.
Some people think Compeeds are the devil's work, but I think they are fine if you don't pull them off aggressively.

I also take antihistamine eye drops everywhere as I am very allergic to pollen and it comes on suddenly.
If you have any illness or special health needs, make a translated explanation of it to show people if needed.
Don't forget a good quality high factor sunscreen.
Pharmacies in Spain are a real pleasure, should you need anything else.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
tea tree oil
fisherman's friend (not essential, but beneficial!)
knee supports
(I also prefer the micropore tape + plaster strips to Compeed)

These along with the panadol and nurofen are all items I have shared with others even if I have not used them myself.

Muslin towel made a great sling for a broken arm.

Your list looks fine. Every day you will walk past a pharmacy in every town of any size, where they have thought of everything a pilgrim might need. All you need to carry is something that you might need immediately: compeed, pain killers, two band-aids, and tape. Don't stock up, or think "just-in-case". I traveled with a guy who was equipped to be a combat medic, his first aid kit was at least 2 kilos. Sure he pulled it out once or twice for others, but he really did not need to carry that much stuff.

Just my two cents...but do you NEED those things? In keeping with keeping light (and as you'll learn, every ounce counts) maybe just worry about something you need once you actually need it. i.e. Are you sure you need 8 safety pins? If you come back home with something you didn't use, that was extra weight you carried the whole way.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Antiseptic spray
Small Elastoplast roll
1 sterile compress
A few anti-histamine pills
A few Albuprofen tablets
(By few I mean 2 or 3, enough to get me to the nearest farmacia if needed)
Sun cream
Foot cream (or vaseline)

For the via de la plata in Summer I also bought hydrating powder to add to water (and I used it!)

I would keep the safety pins, they weigh nothing and are very useful to hang your washing.

I can tell the OP is writing regards the Camino Frances in Spain; but pilgrims planning other routes throughout Europe also read this forum. And to them I say: apart from the Camino Frances, one cannot be certain of passing a pharmacy every day. (And in France, the issue is finding an open pharmacy.) In France it can be 3 days; in Germany 2 days, in the Czech Republic, nearly a week.
So in these areas plan on being able to care of yourself in the areas you are most likely to injure: blisters, small cuts, bad scrapes (ie "road rash"). You'll want an irrigator (lightweight syringe), cleanser, antibiotic ointment, gauze pads and some tape, as well as some Kineseoflex tape for strains, sprains, and plantar fasciitis. Plus the usual assortment of pills for pain, allergy, diahrrea, constipation. Some rehydration salts in hot weather are also a good bet.

Hi there,
I completed the CF in September last year and am going to do it again later this year. Like most mortals on pilgrimage I walked with blisters and only got relief from them by threading them and taking Nurofen. I know threading is controversial but on my first night on the CF I ate dinner with a guy that had done the CF 9 times...so I listened to him.

He threaded his blisters with no problems. However he did use a method of keeping the area as clean and sterile as possible by spraying the area about 3-5 times a day with alcohol (not the drinking type). So early on I bought a 2 very small plastic spray/misting bottles that I would fill with alcohol which was very easy to buy as most food stores and pharmacies sold bottles of alcohol for 2 euros. The spray bottle would only hold about 50-80 mils but this lasted about 5 days of spraying. (The alcohol came in handy for cleaning the odd scrape too).

So I sprayed the blistered area before threading and was able to spray the thread and needle before surgery and also sprayed the areas during the day and evening. I did not get any infections at all. As the time of year when I walked the days were very hot ie 39 degrees no tapes or plasters stayed on for long but I did spray the area then apply betadine ointment and then put my socks on with no tape or plasters.

I will be packing the spray bottles again this year.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am a workplace first aider. You should note that tea tree oil is a folk remedy. It is also not currently advised by first aid training organisations to put antiseptic or alcohol on new cuts and wounds, just to clean with water or saline, soap if available, or an alcohol free wipe. I strongly disagree with threading blisters but I don't want this thread to turn into another debate on amateur surgery. Please do your own research on this from reputable medical sources.

hello again, Thankyou for all your hints and support, just got to sort out my first aid kit, and another light weight shirt .

So far
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen
Anything else , packing light light light my knees and back are the focus on pain relief

Huge (5 ibs at least) roll of duct tape and you don't need anything else.

I see no-one replied about the book. It definitely adds weight. And you absolutely could get by without one, but I could see it being a bit un-nerving not to have some reference as to where you are and where you're going. Maybe condense into a (really small print) cheat sheet.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
When I was a kid, my dad had (in fact still has) an American book called The Book of Camping and Woodcraft by Horace Kephart - a 1970 reprint of a book originally written in 1921. How I devoured that book, as a young girl with thoughts of adventure. My favourite bit was a lurid description of boiling up birch sap with bear grease and repeatedly 'glazing' oneself in it from head to toe 'for the season', which I assume means they did not wash once they set off hunting and exploring and whatnot. I also loved the bit about digging out 'jiggers', which were fearful insects that burrowed under the toe nails of the unwary. Sometimes all the talk of blisters and bed bugs on this forum reminds me of it. Happy days....

Last edited:
Your list looks fine. Every day you will walk past a pharmacy in every town of any size, where they have thought of everything a pilgrim might need. All you need to carry is something that you might need immediately: compeed, pain killers, two band-aids, and tape. Don't stock up, or think "just-in-case". I traveled with a guy who was equipped to be a combat medic, his first aid kit was at least 2 kilos. Sure he pulled it out once or twice for others, but he really did not need to carry that much stuff.

Perhaps that was his "mission" for want of a better term, on the Camino, was to be ready to assist others when needed, and the weight he carried was his "sacrifice". People carry all sorts of things on Pilgrimage: Some carry huge crucifixes, others walk barefoot; in this season of Lent, people give up all sorts of things from sweets to television. The late violinist Oliver Schroer

Now, I don't know this man, or his motivations, but being a medic was part of him, his identity. The Late violinist Oliver Schroer brought his violin.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Compeed strips was a life saver on Camino 1 & 2...but not as much anymore since I had my Merrill's on Camino 3 and had zero blisters. Good to have as I helped a few along the way last year.

So far
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen

Panadol and compede

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perhaps that was his "mission" for want of a better term, on the Camino, was to be ready to assist others when needed, and the weight he carried was his "sacrifice". People carry all sorts of things on Pilgrimage: Some carry huge crucifixes, others walk barefoot; in this season of Lent, people give up all sorts of things from sweets to television. The late violinist Oliver Schroer

Now, I don't know this man, or his motivations, but being a medic was part of him, his identity. The Late violinist Oliver Schroer brought his violin.

Now all that could have been true........but its not ;). He was part of the "family", and I came to know him well. He carried a 20 kilo pack. It was the same pack he took on all of is travels, including a trek trough Africa as well as southeast Asia. He had a complete pharmacy in there. Fortunately, the incidence of malaria is minimal on the Frances, but he had pills just in case. He did no research at all on the camino as far as I could tell, other than downloading a set of maps to his GPS. He was also a very robust gentleman, and carried that pack without a complaint the entire distance.

Scan the book as a pdf and put it on your phone ;)

I think first aid kits will vary a lot person to person. Maybe depends on what you are prone to.
And I started with Achilles Tendonitis so I needed a few things to keep that under control.
I took a fair bit of preventative stuff..... i.e. never got blisters.

As well as my prescription meds.......... my first aid kit included.

Lavender oil (burns and sunburn) Did use for sunburn
Betadine antiseptic. (never needed)
A needle for popping blisters (never needed it) I would take a sterile scalpel blade next time.
Water Puri tabs. A couple just in case I need to use stream water (I did use them)
Anti Histamine tabs (insect bites swell up on me) Did use them
Panadol (painkiller) (replenish as I went. Needed for Achilles Tendonitis)
Nurofen (anti inflammatory) (replenish as I went. Needed for Achilles Tendonitis)
A couple of Hi Strength prescription pain killers (given by my doctor in case I needed to 'walk out' to medical care) (Never needed)
Vaseline for daily foot treatment (replenished along the way)
6 Bandaids
Sheeps Wool. (awesome to prevent blisters)
Small bottle insect repellent (they love to eat me)
Immodium tabs for diarrhoea. (used once as I had 10 kms still to go and got hit with Delhi Belly!)
Foot and shin strapping tape. (replenished along the way)
And lastly, Duct Tape wrapped around my hiking poles. Used to fix all manner of things, including shins when I ran out of strapping tape!

What would I add or delete next time? Probably take the same.
I would just aim for smaller packets/quantities to save space/weight.

Note. No commercial interest.
You'll find details of Hikers Wool on this page. http://robscamino.com/foot-care/
I ended up giving away loads of it and all those who used it said it worked wonders!

Last edited:

So far
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen

Strictly speaking, IMHO, the multi-tool ought to be in your pocket, where it can be rapidly acquired for any number of tasks, without having to retrieve your first aid kit from your rucksack. In addition to the nasty-sharp tiny scissor, there is a bottle opener, a pair of pliers, a zip puller hook, a file, and one or two small screwdrivers.

These tiny multi-tools do everything a larger, heavier pocketknife (e.g. Swiss Army knife) can do, EXCEPT it does not have a cutting blade on it. THAT is why it is TSA legal.

I fly with mine all the time. Ironically, the first and only time it was confiscated by airport security was in Delhi, India on the way back to the US. I have flown through Europe and North America with this in my pocket many times. I always present it for inspection at security so I can demonstrate that is has no cutting edge when asked. Most of the security folks appreciate this.

Also, and slightly off the first aid topic. When checking luggage, I always use thin neon-hued, day-glo colored wire ties to secure my luggage zippers and rucksack buckles. I obtain them in my local DIY store. On arrival, if the specified color tie is not in place, I DO NOT touch my bag on the conveyor.

Instead, I obtain some official or local security person in the bag reclaim area to approach the bag. You can appreciate the value of this if arriving in a country that follows the "dearth to drug smuggler" rule. Only once we together validate that my bag was not tampered with, but perhaps searched by the TSA, do I claim the bag and depart. In over 30 yeas of doing this, I only had the need to use the security person once...in Malaysia... Nuff said...

Final point on first-aid kit components; each person has individual maladies and conditions that argue for carrying more, or less, or different items. Plan accordingly. Your list looks fine - for YOU. That said, the list submitted by Robo, above, is IMHO better. I carry many of the same items. However, some things, like the immodium and pain NSAIDs ride with my other medications, in my toiletry sack. Everyone has their personal style.

Also, I second the suggestion for taking a pair of semi-sterile examination gloves. I do, and have attended to serious issues with other pilgrims over the years. I was grateful to have the gloves, as hand-washing is not always readily possible.

I hope this helps.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
First Camino, I took a basic first aid pouch with comped plus some Anadin and paracetamol

I personally didn't need any of it! But I did however need to buy an orthopaedic bandage/sleeve for my ankle and plenty of sports drink's (Powerade) during and after a period or sickness and diarrhoea that I had. (I didn't fathom out exactly why that was at the time, but think it was a mixture or heat exhaustion and a very dodgy piece of 'cooked' ham!)

This Camino I'll be taking some electrolyte salts (in tablet form!) and again I still have the orthopaedic bandage/sleeve for my ankle that I wore in 2015.

I guess from experience on my first Camino I've added things this time that I probably wouldn't of thought of back then. But I reckon Sod's Law will show it's face again this year too!

Kt tape for plantar faciitis and St-John's Wart oil for blister care and prevention. Electroyte tablets, lip balm with SPF. Advil and Volatren pills.

So far
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen

Lessee, my list is still undevelopment:

Bandaids
compeed blister patches
Voltaren emugel, (left to my own devices, I prefer a heat generating ointment, but they can be rather "pungent" so not everyone appreciates them)
antiseptic ointment
Tensor brace for right ankle. (gives me problems now and again)
Ibprophen
Aleve

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I typically wound up being the "team medic" on our group wilderness adventures. My first aid kit reflects this, so I'll not be holding it up as a model. :)

What I suggest is that you, or anyone for that matter, take the time to identify the most likely occurrences and mishaps as well as those things that are unique to you and your state of health. Put the two together and use the resulting list as the focal point for selecting the contents of your kit -- what to include and what to leave out. (I cannot take non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen, aka "Camino candy". :()

If you have questions or concerns about whether to include an item, use the following process. First, identify the injury, illness or problem the item would be used on. Second, do a two-part assessment of said issue: [a] the probability of its happening (high, medium, low), and the seriousness if it does (high, medium, low).

For example, a pilgrim who is allergic to bee-stings plans to walk the CF in late September. The probability of being stung is low, but the seriousness of any such sting is extremely high. Therefore, said pilgrim should probably include the appropriate medicines and instruct a walking partner in how to use it.

====================

One other thing: for any "questionable" item, identify if something else you will be carrying can also fulfill the need. Example: triangular bandages have very many uses, but a shemagh or scarf are effective substitutes.

I needed only the following- though my experience on CF in September was based on MY body, shoes, weather etc which is unique to me and may not be what you experience
1) 8 safety pins a TREASURE for hanging laundry on the line!
2) paper tape- 1" best preventative for blisters ever, every potential hot spot got taped, no blisters
blister shield- to each their own- provided the glide needed with out then negatives of moisture products like Vaseline etc- to each their own
3) small pair of scissors-
4) compeed like gel patch for those hotter spots
5) bought electrolyte tablets- critical on the hotter days- (I don't like sugary sports drinks). Recommend bring them as I only found them in 2 hiking pilgrim stores and the rest of the time the pharmacies sold large packets meant for 2 L bottles , could be torn open and partially used but I was always worried re messes, plus ones from home taste better!
6) I brought travel packages of diphenhydramine, acetaminophen, ibuprofen gave more away than I used but that tells you someone else DID need them and didn't have them.
7) small saline tube to rinse eyes or wounds etc
figured athletic tape could substitute for elastic ankle wrap if needed, never used telfa or gauze
though a "what if" is not good packing for fear- BUT if you are 5 km from the next place and NOT every village has supplies!
what do you need to get to the next place?
just MHO
nanc

Last edited:
A lot of people are mentioning rehydration / electrolyte sachets. These are all well and good and recommended for kids. Here are DIY alternatives for adults who can't be bothered carrying them:

Bad Tummy:
Backpackers in countries where 'Delhi Belly' is rampant swear by the cure of 'Fat Coke and Crackers'. Fat meaning not Diet, but the sugar-bomb red label cola, preferably allowed to go flat and a bit tepid. Crackers meaning plain, fatless, slightly salty water biscuits. Two days of rest and consuming only these will sort out your bad tummy. It's better to do this if you can, than carry on and take Imodium, which only 'keeps the badness in'.

Too Much Sun/Dehydration:
Spain has a lovely sugary sour canned drink called Kas LimĂłn which is available everywhere: get one that hasn't been in the fridge, tip in a quarter teaspoon of salt and stir. The salt and lemon go well together in a kind of margarita way.

Just don't forget to brush your teeth afterwards!

Last edited:
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
bought electrolyte tablets- critical on the hotter days- (I don't like sugary sports drinks). Recommend bring them as I only found them in 2 hiking pilgrim stores and the rest of the time the pharmacies sold large packets meant for 2 L bottles , could be torn open and partially used but I was always worried re messes, plus ones from home taste better!
What brand of electrolyte tablets do you recommend?

Bearing in mind that there are pharmacies everywhere I would cut any "just in case" and focus on what you are are likely to use often or unable to buy easily. For instance, I take Voltaon tablets due to ankle & knee issues but only brought two tabs (20) with me. Turns out you need a GP prescription to buy these in Spain and the gel just isn't strong enough for me :( as suggested above, also bring a GP letter advising ALL medication you intend to take with you- helps with buying more & not having it confiscated.

tea tree oil

I thoroughly agree with the efficacy of this oil .
It is almost magical in its antiseptic properties and has many other varied and useful applications .

I am a workplace first aider. You should note that tea tree oil is a folk remedy.

Ti tree oil can hardly be lumped into the '' folk remedy '' or ' Weasel juice ' categories , it is currently a recognised clinical treatment for tropical ulcers and the Necrotising Fasciitis often associated with the bite of the Australian Wolf or White tailed spider . So for use as a treatment for and as a prophylactic against bacterial infection it is very suitable for use on the Camino .
It is unfortunate that some natural treatments are dismissed out of hand simply because they are not made by Johnson and Johnson and the like .

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I thoroughly agree with the efficacy of this oil .
It is almost magical in its antiseptic properties and has many other varied and useful applications .

Ti tree oil can hardly be lumped into the '' folk remedy '' or ' Weasel juice ' categories , it is currently a recognised clinical treatment for tropical ulcers and the Necrotising Fasciitis often associated with the bite of the Australian Wolf or White tailed spider . So for use as a treatment for and as a prophylactic against bacterial infection it is very suitable for use on the Camino .
It is unfortunate that some natural treatments are dismissed out of hand simply because they are not made by Johnson and Johnson and the like .
Currently using Tea Tree oil as an antiseptic, treating pimples, reducing itching from bites... It's an Aussie all-rounder!

Use tea tree out of patriotism by all means, but it doesn't have lot of scientific research backing it up. When I say folk remedy I mean just that - its use is based on ordinary people's beliefs about it. It doesn't imply that it's either useful or no use. And just because something is used to treat necrosis, it doesn't follow that it is useful for preventing infection in fresh wounds. Maggots are used for necrosis too, but I don't rush to the angling shop whenever I cut myself.

Last edited:
Hardly patriotisim , simply an observation of the recognised Clinical usages of this oil .
One such study ; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19709334
A US based one just so I won't appear to be too Nationalistic , there are many proven Australian Clinical studies as well .
I think that your questioning of this treatment is responsible and quite reasonable, I am not a fan of the false hope given by patent and questionable preparations , especially in the treatment of otherwise serious ailments either .
Ti Tree oil many have its origins in ' Folk Medicine ' , as has Asprin , both are now proven to be more than faith remedies .

unfortunately I can't remember the brand. I THOUGHT it was poweraid like the drinks but I can't find that in any of the catalogs to confirm , sorry , my first batch came from the Pilgrim store in SJPDP

Hardly patriotisim , simply an observation of the recognised Clinical usages of this oil .
One such study ; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19709334
A US based one just so I won't appear to be too Nationalistic , there are many proven Australian Clinical studies as well .
I think that your questioning of this treatment is responsible and quite reasonable, I am not a fan of the false hope given by patent and questionable preparations , especially in the treatment of otherwise serious ailments either .
Ti Tree oil many have its origins in ' Folk Medicine ' , as has Asprin , both are now proven to be more than faith remedies .

I for one, will no write off tea tree oil because of its "folk Medicine" origins. There are many things that Scientific research is starting to take a second look at these days particularly in light of the fact that there are a lot of strains of bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotics.

After 3 Caminos I can honestly say mine is truly a BASIC first aid kit; a few anti-inflammatory pills, a roll of paper tape, 10 grams of lambs wool ( available from Camino Marketplace) and a roll of gauze & iodine to share with pilgrims that haven't brought wool ;). That's it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A lot of people are mentioning rehydration / electrolyte sachets. These are all well and good and recommended for kids. Here are DIY alternatives for adults who can't be bothered carrying them:

Bad Tummy:
Backpackers in countries where 'Delhi Belly' is rampant swear by the cure of 'Fat Coke and Crackers'. Fat meaning not Diet, but the sugar-bomb red label cola, preferably allowed to go flat and a bit tepid. Crackers meaning plain, fatless, slightly salty water biscuits. Two days of rest and consuming only these will sort out your bad tummy. It's better to do this if you can, than carry on and take Imodium, which only 'keeps the badness in'.

Too Much Sun/Dehydration:
Spain has a lovely sugary sour canned drink called Kas LimĂłn which is available everywhere: get one that hasn't been in the fridge, tip in a quarter teaspoon of salt and stir. The salt and lemon go well together in a kind of margarita way.

Just don't forget to brush your teeth afterwards!
For all the time I've spent in India, I kept Pepto Bismol at the ready, as I did on my 2015 Camino. Fortunately never had to use it in Spain, but did give some to other pilgrims who were quite surprised how quickly they got relief from upset tummies.

For all the time I've spent in India, I kept Pepto Bismol at the ready, as I did on my 2015 Camino. Fortunately never had to use it in Spain, but did give some to other pilgrims who were quite surprised how quickly they got relief from upset tummies.

MovinMaggie, hello! Our 2015 Hospitaleros training seems long ago; did you ever get to volunteer? I was at Viana last September....wonderful experience! Stay well fondly sandi

first aid kit simplex
plus 2 seperate satchets of blister remedy packs,
trace mineral drops ( electrolyte)
japanese pepermint oil for upset tummy
Mentholatum ( tiger balm lite) for sore points at callous skin....

So far
Strapping tape
8 safety pins
Compede blister bandaids
Panadol
Nurofen

I think everyone has weighed in with lots of great ideas. I too will say the pharmacies were very well equipped and knowledgeable. At one pharmacy a woman on the staff actually threaded my blister and dressed it. One thing I will add. I developed a nasty shin splint after my 2nd week. The pharmacy did have the nylon stocking type of compression socks but they were useless. My husband met me in Leon and brought me two athletic compression sleeves that worked a miracle. I was pain free the rest of the way to Santiago. If you have a tendency to get shin splints it might be a good preventive to wear/bring compression sleeves with you.

Liz Ward

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Sounds fine. I am just scared about what you intend to do with the multi tool!

I only take Compeeds (different sizes), 3M Micropore tape, and a few Elastoplast plasters in case of cuts and scratches. I think the original brands are worth the money, not cheaper 'own brands'.
If I get a bad blister I buy a kilo of salt to make a saline soak.
Some people think Compeeds are the devil's work, but I think they are fine if you don't pull them off aggressively.

I also take antihistamine eye drops everywhere as I am very allergic to pollen and it comes on suddenly.
If you have any illness or special health needs, make a translated explanation of it to show people if needed.
Don't forget a good quality high factor sunscreen.
Pharmacies in Spain are a real pleasure, should you need anything else.
Yes, they are and pharmacy staff usually speak some English

Oh I have already used my multi tool for calluses, trimming and filing nails, it's pretty damn good, even a little knife to cut apples, did great on my calluses.

€46,-
After 3 Caminos I can honestly say mine is truly a BASIC first aid kit; a few anti-inflammatory pills, a roll of paper tape, 10 grams of lambs wool ( available from Camino Marketplace) and a roll of gauze & iodine to share with pilgrims that haven't brought wool ;). That's it.
And Vasaline!!

Vaseline usages -
??????????????
Why does everyone use so much Vaso... Chaffing... I haven't chaffed yet should I expect to...
My feet, getting pretty rough and tough with my awesome long walks in prep at home..
And is it just pure Vaso in a tub you talk about ???

Vaseline usages -
??????????????
Why does everyone use so much Vaso... Chaffing... I haven't chaffed yet should I expect to...
My feet, getting pretty rough and tough with my awesome long walks in prep at home..
And is it just pure Vaso in a tub you talk about ???

Regular Vasoline...I pack it in from home and find that it conditions the skin of my feet and must accommodate some of the friction going on during a long walk. Three Caminos; 1 blister 2 weird nails total.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.