• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is the best way to check the weather on the Camino?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Any suggestions on the best App or Website to check the weather on the Camino Frances please.
I use Weather app (France) before I go and then simply local paper once there. I specifically target saint Jean. Weather diagrams and symbols are pretty universal. I also use Weather app Spain for Roncesvalles onwards.

Hope this helps.

buen Camino.

Samarkand.

Any suggestions on the best App or Website to check the weather on the Camino Frances please.
I make use of aemet.es, meteoblue.com and windy.com, all available online and as an app. Aemet because of their detailed alerts (if and when there are any), Meteoblue because of their Meteogram and Rainspot features, Windy for the nice interactive graphics and general overviews. In Galicia, I've made use of the MeteoGalicia app.

My benchmark for crossing the Pyrenees: Does the weather app know where the Ibañeta and Bentarte passes are and what the weather conditions will be like at altitude when I would be there?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

I know weather is temperamental but still. Nice forecast for SJPP over the next two weeks.

And in addition to the Meteoblue forecast for SJPP over the next two weeks, here is the one for the top of the Route Napoleon from SJPP to Roncesvalles. You can see the noticeable difference of the temperature. Or when it rains in SJPP, it snows up there. The wind blows significantly harder. And so on. More important to know than the weather in SJPP ☺️ and, as already mentioned, one reason why I like Meteoblue. I would not know how to get this info so easily in some of the other popular weather apps.

Last edited:
This is awesome! Thank you. I’m not going route Napoleon this time. Is checking Valcarlos and Roncesvalles a good indicator or is there a location with a better indicator of the worst weather possible, for that route?

This is awesome! Thank you. I’m not going route Napoleon this time. Is checking Valcarlos and Roncesvalles a good indicator or is there a location with a better indicator of the worst weather possible, for that route?
Meteoblue knows where Ibañeta is ☺️. (Puerto de Ibañeta is the name of the pass of the Valcarlos route.)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I used plain old Weather.com on the Francés and Invierno last September and October. It gives hourly forecasts for the coming two days, so by searching for upcoming towns, I could get an idea of what to expect that day and in the days ahead.

For the current day a weather satellite web site is by far the best as that shows you exactly what is happening.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not much help, I'm afraid, but just a short story of what happened to me.

Weather. A subject of interest to all pilgrims. It was in the first couple of days of my 1st Camino. I had made an early start. In the first town with a bar that was already open, I walked in, ordered a café con leche and asked the barman: "What will the weather be like today?".

He paused for a moment, bowed his head a little, looked towards the window and replied: "Something like that".

Which was very funny, in my opinion. And it taught me to just take the weather as it comes. As a pilgrim the weather predictions are not relevant: I have to walk anyway. It's of course wise to be informed of possible dangerous circumstances (storms, thunderstorms, strong winds and snow in the mountains, ...).

But, generally speaking, this barman taught me to just go with the flow.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
He paused for a moment, bowed his head a little, looked towards the window and replied: "Something like that”.
This anecdote is just further proof of my theory that the locals don’t know more about the local weather than the weather forecast does and usually less. 😂

One year, in Galicia, in November, I definitely did not want to “just go with the flow”. Rain water was flowing from above, from the side, in front of us and behind us. My app’s Rainspot feature helped us to time our breaks so that we were in a bar when it poured buckets and outside of a bar when it merely rained a lot.

my theory that the locals don’t know more about the local weather than the weather forecast does and usually less
I imagine the local guy in that story was politely trying his best not to laugh out loud at the question. For current conditions, our own eyes are the most accurate instruments. Who needs an app for that? It's silly.

But forcasting is another story altogether and where apps are incredibly useful. An app is only as good as the models it uses and the data it has access to. Windy is super inthis respect.

And let's not forget that the weather is a splendid topic for limited conversation 😂.

I don't recall that I have ever asked a local person for a weather forecast but on various occasions I offered a hay mucho calor or a hay lluvio as my opening gambit.

As I said, my Spanish is limited. ☺️

Aemet.es has the additional bonus of allowing you to learn a few useful weather words in Spanish, btw. ☺️

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Leave the Albergue early in the morning. Look at the sky and maybe you can guess what the weather is going to be like. 😊😊😊
Buen Camino, and enjoy our " Buen Tiempo"

Another thing Windy does very nicely is to show you the extent in terms of geographic area of predicted rain or snow accumulation for the next 12 or 24 hours, or the next 3, 5, or 10 days. To see this on the Windy map, use the 'more layers' menu on the right side of the map (or see the step-by-step instructions here).

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Here is a sample of the kind of severe weather warnings that Aemet issues. Yellow is their lowest warning level. This is for the next few days and concerns the area of the Camino Frances from SJPP to Roncesvalles; there are a few more details on the website, like probability, expected time of day and duration, and so on. You may want to check how this is presented in the weather app of your choice. Mine is of course still Meteoblue with the details for the Puerto de Ibañeta and for the Col de Bentarte.

Aemet aviso.jpg

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The fascination with knowing the weather forecast is one thing but the reality is you need to keep moving another 20km each day or you aren't going to go anywhere.
I was at dinner in the Albergue O Abrigadoiro at San Xulian do Camino in 2010 when a group of pilgrims took themselves off to watch the weather forecast on the news. When I asked about their interest, they responded by asking me how I knew what the weather would be like in the morning if I didn't watch the news. My response was something like: I put my head out the door when I am getting ready to leave. If its cold, I put my fleece on, if its wet as well, I wear my rain-jacket. After all, there is no option but to walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
1. General forecast for a week: foreca.com or more accurate yr.no
2. Weather forecast when walking Camino: looking out of the window indeed :)
3. Instant forecast when in mountains: Suunto barometric altimeter

can’t beat sticking your head out the window
Much as I prefer it for immediate conditions, what Lookoutthewindow.com can't give you is a forecast for what will happen in 3 or 4 hours time when you are (say) crossing that exposed mountain.

Windy, Medeoblue, etc. will keep you prepared (and hence safe).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Leave the Albergue early in the morning. Look at the sky and maybe you can guess what the weather is going to be like. 😊😊😊
Buen Camino, and enjoy our " Buen Tiempo"
That would only have worked for me for my first and last days on the Norte. Every other day it started out foggy or cloudy and a bit chilly and the skies cleared and the sun came out by 10 or 11. Layers!
I used Google weather and looked ahead with the 10-day for the town 2 days away, but there were several times when it said it might rain and by the time I got there, it did not (the first gruelling day being the only exception).
Buen Camino!

I make use of aemet.es, meteoblue.com and windy.com, all available online and as an app. Aemet because of their detailed alerts (if and when there are any), Meteoblue because of their Meteogram and Rainspot features, Windy for the nice interactive graphics and general overviews. In Galicia, I've made use of the MeteoGalicia app.

My benchmark for crossing the Pyrenees: Does the weather app know where the Ibañeta and Bentarte passes are and what the weather conditions will be like at altitude when I would be there?
I’m curious to know what the weather is like at altitude in the Pyrenees as well. Does anyone know?

I’m curious to know what the weather is like at altitude in the Pyrenees as well. Does anyone know?
Generally, for a given month, up to a point, maybe. For today, look out of the window then be prepared to look again later in the day. Put on or take off clothing as appropriate. Watch television news and weather. Ask locals. For tomorrow, there will be a forecast somewhere. Take it with a large pinch of salt.
Just to say, mountains, even quite small ones, make their own weather.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That's all very interesting but what are you actually going to do if it rains? Because there isn't much you can do other than one foot in front of the other and decent rain gear . So you need to stop thinking about the forecast and go for a walk. If the weather is impossible then you will probably notice anyway.

You can use the Meteoblue weather app and search for the location: Col de Bentarte 😉

Meteoblue and Windy for sure 👍. And I also add the Meteogram app. It is all about having a good selection of weather information providers that deal well with fast changing altitude weather conditions.

That's all very interesting but what are you actually going to do if it rains? Because there isn't much you can do other than one foot in front of the other and decent rain gear . So you need to stop thinking about the forecast and go for a walk. If the weather is impossible then you will probably notice anyway.
This comment makes funny reading this morning, given the numerous weather reports, weather forecasts and severe weather warnings that have popped up on the forum over the last 36 hours or so ;), due to the current Continent wide cold snap. I still fail to understand what could be wrong with knowing what the weather is likely to be. It’s not much different to me from knowing how far away the next towns are, what they are called and how long it is likely for me to get there. :cool:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just a little episode...
In 2019 i finished CF on 1st of August and although we didn't get the scorching heat we had this summer, on average the temperatures were above 30° all over the route.
Three weeks later a group of 20 something Irish pilgrims had to be rescued near Izandorre refuge on Napoleon route, because they were ill prepared in terms of correct clothing gear.
Making a routine of checking daily a simple weather app might make the difference in avoiding life threatening situations. Never, NEVER underestimate the weather conditions on mountain ranges.

Given all the current talk on the forum about the likely weather for today and the next few days, I had a look on Meteoblue for one particular spot on the Camino Frances. Although we are already halfway through the day, the predictability is still "medium" which means that the gigantic weather modelling computer systems like ECMWF and GFS, or "Frankfurt" and "Reading", don't agree yet; which means that it could be worse or better than predicted. I see that there could be wind gusts of up to 67 km/h at noon and 70 km/h around 3 pm. This would certainly give me pause for thought when I know that the trail leads through wooded areas with tall trees and their branches. Of course, apparently "nothing has ever happened" but I don't want to be the first person to whom a thing happens. That's perhaps just me as my behaviour does not change that much, whether walking at home or on Camino. I allow myself that much of personal freedom. 😇

Last edited:
I still fail to understand what could be wrong with knowing what the weather is likely to be. It’s not much different to me from knowing how far away the next towns are, what they are called and how long it is likely for me to get there.
There's probably nothing wrong with that, but in the past, I have considered it unnecessary. However, thinking about the circumstances where I have seen people fixated on getting the forecast, I would admit there might be value for some people in having an accurate forecast.

The specific time that I saw others keen to catch the weather forecast was when it later became obvious they were having their main bags transported. I presume they needed to make a decision about what gear they were going to need in their day pack, and what could be sent forward, As someone who has carried their pack on every camino so far, this isn't a particular concern for me, but I can see it as a reason to know about the weather forecast.

There are two other circumstances where I might get some value from this, and both go to whether I would make a decision to stop walking and seek shelter. The first of these is crossing the Pyrenees, where I have walked Route Valcarlos, the first time on advice from the SJPP Pilgrim Office that the prevailing conditions made it dangerous to use Route Napoleon. Noting that the Pilgrim Office already helps pilgrims with this advice, I'm not sure what marginal value there is to a weather app in the face of their experience.

I would also stop walking and seek shelter during thunderstorms in particular, although I would have to contemplate that I might do the same during more severe snowstorms, not that I have walked in anything like those conditions at home or on the Camino. Which brings me to this comment, which appears to link
Three weeks later a group of 20 something Irish pilgrims had to be rescued near Izandorre refuge on Napoleon route, because they were ill prepared in terms of correct clothing gear.
Making a routine of checking daily a simple weather app might make the difference in avoiding life threatening situations. Never, NEVER underestimate the weather conditions on mountain ranges.
a group of pilgrims being unprepared with correct clothing with the inference they could have avoided this by regular checking a weather app. I think the sentiment is laudable, but the example isn't. My view is that if the group didn't have the correct clothing and gear in their packs, no amount of checking a weather app would have made one bit of difference here.

I would go further, and suggest that any group that hasn't prepared for either the climate, or the specific alpine conditions, would not get much benefit from a weather app letting them know that they are walking into weather conditions they aren't going to be able to cope with. They could turn back - I have done that on walks in the high country here in Australia when the weather turned into near gale conditions. But that decision didn't need the information from a weather app. One only had to look around, which was barely possible anyhow in the driving wind and stinging rain, to tell that pushing on wasn't a good idea.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would go further, and suggest that any group that hasn't prepared for either the climate, or the specific alpine conditions, would not get much benefit from a weather app letting them know that they are walking into weather conditions they aren't going to be able to cope with.

Well, sorry but I totally disagree with you.
They were at mid August, hence mid summer. They got into trouble because they didn't had, consciously or unconsciously, the updated weather information on high Napoleon Route which indicated that there were snowstorm conditions for the next day.
They got into trouble because they simply didn't had the adequate gear for those very particular conditions and some of them went into hypothermia.
Nobody carries the specific type of clothing and layers, gloves and mountain boots, etc to go through that route in mid summer, because it's simply logistically wrong since they wouldn't be used elsewhere.
But If they've known about those conditions beforehand they could either postpone their walk or go through Valcarlos.
Having more information is always better than having less or no information at all. What each one decides subsequently to do with that information that really depends on their judgment.

That is for the most part, true. However, I was just seeing on several of my Camino Facebook groups yesterday or today alerts for pilgrims in several locations on the Camino Frances and Aragones to hole up for a day or two and stop walking because of dangerous weather (I expect snow, in this case). So presumably there are times it is best not not just put one foot in front of the other and they are not sure that pilgrims will be aware of that when looking out the albergue door.

I walked the Primitivo last April and Apps weren't the most useful....But do you what was? Asking the locals. I was in Bodenaya and not only did the hospitalero tell me a storm was coming so did every shop owner I talked to...and sure enough the snow came when they said it would.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I just use the weather app on my phone and check the current town as well as my destination town. That is - when I want to check. Doesn't really matter as I carry my pack, therefore I have my rain and cold weather gear with me and I dress in layers. I usually start the day bundled up and then 10-20 minutes after I start walking I begin peeling off the layers and then once I am done I often have to bundle up again lol

I also listen to the albergue hosts and other pilgrims who may be talking about unusual weather and occurrences expected in the next days walk.

Well, sorry but I totally disagree with you.
They were at mid August, hence mid summer. They got into trouble because they didn't had, consciously or unconsciously, the updated weather information on high Napoleon Route which indicated that there were snowstorm conditions for the next day.
They got into trouble because they simply didn't had the adequate gear for those very particular conditions and some of them went into hypothermia.
Nobody carries the specific type of clothing and layers, gloves and mountain boots, etc to go through that route in mid summer, because it's simply logistically wrong since they wouldn't be used elsewhere.
But If they've known about those conditions beforehand they could either postpone their walk or go through Valcarlos.
Having more information is always better than having less or no information at all. What each one decides subsequently to do with that information that really depends on their judgment.
It seems to me that you are condoning people going into the Pyrenees unprepared for the alpine conditions that they face in any season, summer, winter or otherwise. More, you suggest that it is unreasonable to make such preparations on the basis, it would appear, that they need to be prepared for a winter mountaineering expedition. Nothing could be further from the truth.

They didn't, as you suggest here and in your earlier retelling of their story at post #40, get into trouble because they didn't have good weather information. They had excellent weather information. They didn't need a forecast, they were walking in it and it would appear didn't have appropriate clothing, and then appear to have responded inappropriately by continuing to push on when conditions became dangerous.

More, they didn't get hypothermia because they didn't have the right gear, although that would have contributed to their plight once they had made what appears to me to have been a bad decision, that was to continue walking. At any time up to that point, I suggest that they would have had the choice to return to SJPP, a decision that they failed to make.

What clothing and equipment they did have hasn't been made clear, but I have walked in summer alpine conditions are roughly similar altitudes here in Australia, and one doesn't need anything like winter gloves and mountain boots. What I find is sufficient is to have the right layers, including competent wind and rain protection. You also need to be willing to recognise when conditions have deteriorated to the point where, even with all the layers you have, it isn't safe to continue walking. At which point it is time to either find shelter or get off the mountain.

Would having good weather information the night before have made any difference? That is hard to tell, but let me suggest that it wouldn't. Clearly the group didn't make good decisions when they were actually in this weather. I wonder what makes you think they would have made a decision not to walk if they were discussing this in the comfort of their accommodation in SJPP that morning or on the previous evening. They would have had to imagine what it would have been like, a poor substitute for actually experiencing it. If they couldn't make a good decision when they were actually experiencing these weather conditions, I think it is fanciful for anyone to believe a better decision would have been made merely based on the forecast.

For me it is El Tiempo. I put all my coming up towns on it.

€83,-
advice from the SJPP Pilgrim Office
Oh, that reminds me, and I think that it has not yet been mentioned among the weather apps in this thread: the Pilgrim Office in SJPP uses Viewweather for their weather forecast. I think that they used Meteoblue when I visited their office for the first time many years ago and that’s how I discovered Meteoblue initially. I remember that they had a daily printout on a notice board. I have never asked the locals of SJPP what they use as their source but I guess it’s mostly the TV weather forecast.

This is one of those things that is different for different people. I like this app:

...since I like to see the weather radar and see what is coming.. but that it just me :)

It seems to me that you are condoning people going into the Pyrenees unprepared for the alpine conditions that they face in any season, summer, winter or otherwise. More, you suggest that it is unreasonable to make such preparations on the basis, it would appear, that they need to be prepared for a winter mountaineering expedition. Nothing could be further from the truth.

They didn't, as you suggest here and in your earlier retelling of their story at post #40, get into trouble because they didn't have good weather information. They had excellent weather information. They didn't need a forecast, they were walking in it and it would appear didn't have appropriate clothing, and then appear to have responded inappropriately by continuing to push on when conditions became dangerous.

More, they didn't get hypothermia because they didn't have the right gear, although that would have contributed to their plight once they had made what appears to me to have been a bad decision, that was to continue walking. At any time up to that point, I suggest that they would have had the choice to return to SJPP, a decision that they failed to make.

What clothing and equipment they did have hasn't been made clear, but I have walked in summer alpine conditions are roughly similar altitudes here in Australia, and one doesn't need anything like winter gloves and mountain boots. What I find is sufficient is to have the right layers, including competent wind and rain protection. You also need to be willing to recognise when conditions have deteriorated to the point where, even with all the layers you have, it isn't safe to continue walking. At which point it is time to either find shelter or get off the mountain.

Would having good weather information the night before have made any difference? That is hard to tell, but let me suggest that it wouldn't. Clearly the group didn't make good decisions when they were actually in this weather. I wonder what makes you think they would have made a decision not to walk if they were discussing this in the comfort of their accommodation in SJPP that morning or on the previous evening. They would have had to imagine what it would have been like, a poor substitute for actually experiencing it. If they couldn't make a good decision when they were actually experiencing these weather conditions, I think it is fanciful for anyone to believe a better decision would have been made merely based on the forecast.
Well it seems to me that you have some trouble in understating what I write since what you understand is the opposite of my words.
I never said I condemned them for not having the right gear for "mountain expedition". I said exactly the contrary. Nobody, including me, carries the gear for "winter mountain expeditions" in mid summer, on that location. And I know from personal experience how fast and dramatic weather can shift in mountain ranges.
But we clearly have one difference. You like to make decisions exclusively on the fly. And although taking the right decisions at the right moment accordingly to present conditions is essential, I NEVER fail to get all the necessary information beforehand for my safety, including weather reports. Years of experience in mountains and in all conditions taught me that.

Ps: i don't know your experience in mountains specially on extreme cold days, but adequate mountain boots and gloves are of absolute primary importance. Frostbites on toes and fingers are on the top of bad consequences for inadequate choice of gear.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Oh dear. I was only replying to a post ( which immediately vanished) which had a lot of information on weather apps. Seems I prodded a dragons nest. Sorry about that, but I will gently suggest that apart from mountain walking ( or walking up a big hill) you can just keep going, even if you have shorter days. Also that asking at the albergue, newspaper or TV forecast, or even looking out of the window will give all the information needed. Peace, pilgrims.

Well it seems to me that you have some trouble in understating what I write since what you understand is the opposite of my words.
I never said I condemned them for not having the right gear for "mountain expedition". I said exactly the contrary. Nobody, including me, carries the gear for "winter mountain expeditions" in mid summer, on that location. And I know from personal experience how fast and dramatic weather can shift in mountain ranges.
But we clearly have one difference. You like to make decisions exclusively on the fly. And although taking the right decisions at the right moment accordingly to present conditions is essential, I NEVER fail to get all the necessary information beforehand for my safety, including weather reports. Years of experience in mountains and in all conditions taught me that.

Ps: i don't know your experience in mountains specially on extreme cold days, but adequate mountain boots and gloves are of absolute primary importance. Frostbites on toes and fingers are on the top of bad consequences for inadequate choice of gear.
How unfortunate, @RuiCarneiro, that you appear to have misunderstood the meaning of the word 'condone' which I used in my earlier post, to mean 'condemn'. These two words have almost completely opposite meanings. I don't think it very useful to respond to that element of this post without giving you the opportunity to look back on my post and your comments in that light, and work out whether you want to edit your remarks.

However, I will comment on this
You like to make decisions exclusively on the fly.
it is unfortunate that you have reached this conclusion. On the matter of deciding what clothing and equipment to bring to the camino, I have for many years suggested that members observe an old adage of 'packing for the climate, dressing for the weather'. This is a far longer term planning paradigm than what appears to be your planning horizon of a few days weather forecasts. I am tempted to ask what real decisions you have actually made based on that. Did you go and find different gear somewhere because you didn't have some item of clothing like a good rain jacket in the face of a forecast of a few days of rain? Or perhaps stock up on sunscreen because there was going to be a string of high UV days, and you didn't have long trousers or long sleeved shirts to protect your skin?

I am much more inclined to @Barbara's line of thinking here:
noting her later clarification:
but I will gently suggest that apart from mountain walking ( or walking up a big hill) you can just keep going, even if you have shorter days. Also that asking at the albergue, newspaper or TV forecast, or even looking out of the window will give all the information needed.

I tend to use a few different ones when when doing long term planning to check 'climate' for a given time of the year.

For day to day weather I just use my phone app. Which I think is simply called 'weather'.
Android

Long term weather/climate planning helps with deciding what to take.

Day to day weather forecasts really only help in knowing if anything bad is coming my way that I need to be aware of.

As others have said. We have all the gear with us that we need, regardless of the weather conditions.
If it's cold I wear my fleece, if it rains, I put on my rain gear.
What the weather is doing on any particular day doesn't really concern me.
I'm going to walk in it anyway.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I walked the Primitivo last April and Apps weren't the most useful....But do you what was? Asking the locals. I was in Bodenaya and not only did the hospitalero tell me a storm was coming so did every shop owner I talked to...and sure enough the snow came when they said it would.
Did you ask the locals how they knew? ;)

I was a little surprised that this thread was revived a few days ago. After all, it was started by @KarmaCamino nearly a year ago in March 2022 and had been lying dormant since May 2022. As far as I can tell @KarmaCamino went, walked and returned back home many months ago.

I guess that it was the posts about the current antics of the polar vortex that washed it up to the surface and it then got picked up from the Similar Threads list. It will end soon … the snowfalls at low altitude along the Camino Francés that is … and according to Meteoblue. 😇

I forgot to mention that Meteoblue, just like Windy, now includes links to webcams - usually focused on road traffic but there are some with nice landscape views, too. Below is an example, wide views of the park near Logroño and of the area near Navarrete with snow covered peaks in the distance and currently a thin layer of snow between the vines but that won't last long …. just for enjoyment … and don't forget: nobody will force you to look at a weather app or even have one on your mobile phone ... hugs. 🤗

Meteoblue webcams.jpg

Last edited:
Well, there IS merit to have an idea of the upcoming weather. If the forecast for tomorrow is SOLID RAIN all day...I'll hold up where I am. Take naps, upload videos, drink beer, then take another nap. No need to punish myself more. Long trails are usually punishing enough.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.