• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is the Camino to Santiago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006, CP 2013, Salvador2017,
Inglés 2019
Let's see how long this thread survives before being locked.
(Are you watching, Tinca?)
A search for this title on my preferred search engine, duckduckgo, threw up what you might imagine: pitches by a range of tour companies, and of course a wiki entry.
In Irish popular history - yes, this is related - a question is asked in song: for what died the sons of Roisin? Relating the question to the Camino, for what did poor old James get transported in a stone boat and end up authoring a long, long story of seeking and arrival, at whatever point of enlightenment, realisation, satisfaction, reparation - whichever was - and is - dominant in the heart of the journey-maker, the pilgrim, the adventurer. (You decide.)
Today was a very significant day in the life of St James, if we are to believe sources.
If you would like to explore that meaning, I recommend a half an hour of watching a video prepared by someone who is a good friend of one pilgrim experienced in all things Camino.
The protagonist in the video gives a two part session on the context and the reality of this day in the life of the Christian church.
Let's not argue about Christian, Catholic, Orthodox...
If by now my words are transgressing rules, this will disappear pronto. Take a screenshot just in case. A pm will let you get the link.
I refuse to wish you happy Good Friday.
I do wish you time and space to ponder.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
As far as I can tell, you are posing a question (the answers to which might transgress forum rules about discussion of religion), you want to recommend a video but don't think you should identify it for those reasons, you want people to not argue about different religions, and you are tossing in a challenge to the moderators.

Those factors seem like good reasons for closing the thread to further discussion. People are free to contact you (or me) by private Conversation, for clarification.

Let's see how long this thread survives before being locked.
If you are keeping score, it is just over 10 hours. Does anyone win a prize?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back