• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is the one Albergue that you would say not to miss

lindalou

Time of past OR future Camino
Summer 2011
Depart SJDP May 29, (2015)
I am looking for those special Albergues that you past travelers would say could not be missed. Was there a memorable meal, experience, host, that you would say, "Go out of your way to make this happen." ?

Thanks! We, my daughter and I, leave the end of May for our first trip and are so looking forward to it all.
Linda and Emily

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Re: What is the one Albergue that you would say is not to be mis

Not to be missed: the detour to Eunate.
That little church breaths a very special atmosphere.
and if you like: the albergue to stay the night in it's proximity

Ultreya,
Carli Di Bortolo.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Eunate.
Tosantos.
Granon.
Albergue de Peregrinos Emaus, Burgos, Parroquia San Jose Obrero, Calle San Pedro Cardena 31, Burgos (slightly off beaten track but in a church).
Every visit to Hornillos del Camino has been memorable.

On the Camino Inglés
Hospital de Bruma. outstanding care from warden.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Only one?? I can think of four that just made my Camino:
  • Granon - delightful albergue in the loft of the parish church. Bitterly cold in the overflow room but that was more than made up for by the delightful hospitalera. I think we were translating from English to Spanish to Italian and back again to converse - wonderful.
  • Espinosa del Camino - nice private house run by a former paratrooper. He was a wonderful host.
  • San Bol - modern rustic - another very welcoming albergue opened up especially because the people running it from Hontanas were worried that we pilgrims might have found the Meseta difficult in the wild and woolly conditions. They were right, and I was grateful.
  • Foncefadon - Alburgue Monte Irago - Another gracious host who was also a wonderful cook, and clearly enjoyed his own tucker.

DougF

Santo Domingo de la Calzada, brand new in 2009 and it was festival when we arrived. The place is beautiful and very central to the old part of the city. Thanks for asking the question because I a going to save this list for my next Camino Frances in 2012.

Bev

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
To this day I regret not staying at Tosantos or Granon. People that I met on the Way LOVED them. I couldn't convince the folks I was walking with to go the extra kilometers in order to stay there. Having said that, I wouldn't miss the magic of Roncevalles (despite the rain dripping through the roof all night!) nor the incredible clean, modern comforts of Sto Domingo de la Calzada or Burgos ( though I stayed in the Cistercian Abbey in Sto. Dom. and got cinchas!) Ribadiso (before Arzua) with its river to play in and the yummy food of its one bar was worth the stop. My favorite though was LaFaba. The day we climbed from Villafranca the temp hit 38C degrees- up on the mountain! By the time we reached La Faba at 1:00pm we were drenched and my daughter and her friend were at least two hours behind us. I knew they wouldn't make it to the top of O Cebreiro, so we stopped. What a lovely little oasis LaFaba turned out to be. The tiny church was intimate and welcoming with it incredibly cool interior, red prayer candles and eastern meditative music. The fountain for weary pilgrims' feet and the Prayer for Peace they hold in the evening were soooooothing! The next morning we climbed in step with the rising sun, watching its rays splay over the valley to our left. WHen we reached the top there was no fog; just an incredible view of cloud-filled "fjords" to the north. What you sacrifice, I understand, is the camaraderie, music and festivities in O Cebreiro in the evening, so it is a tough choice!

I agree with many of the above and just add a couple more
L'Esprit du Chemin in SJPP not to be missed but book in advance
Orisson 10k up in the Pyrenees great views great meal with fellow pilgrims-advanced reservations a must
and with your daughter in mind the Albergue de Jesus in Villar de Mazarife-laid back younger guitar playing crowd and with a late closing- a breath of fresh air after the restrictions of Leon-sleep on the balcony if the weather is fine.
any donativo that does a meal-my fondest memories are prepairing evening meals together and then sharing.
any Albergue that has free internet-at 1euro for 15/20 mins on slow computers the bills can rack up
the laid back hippy place in Finisterre though eating the evening meal cross leg on the floor nearly did for my knees.
one American said that watching the sun set on an ocean she had only seen it rise was her most abiding moment on the whole Camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
l'Esprit du Chémin is a MUST in SJPdP (private so need to reserve),

Albergue Parroquial de Viana,

Hospital de Peregrinos San Juan Bautista in Grañon

and Albergue parroquial Domus Dei in Foncebadón.

Be aware that you sleep on mats in Viana and in Grañon rather than on beds but the incredible experience is well worth this hindrance.

Great question indeed! Three personal favorites:

Carrion De Los Condes - Santa Maria Alburgue: Spiritual, run by a very hospitable order of nuns. Clean facilities with full kitchen. Pilgrims had an option of providing their own dinner or alternatively joining in a group dinner in which each person was requested to bring an item to be shared by the group. Evening prayer service, singalong for those wishing to participate. All around great vibe!

Hospital de Orbigo - Alburgue San Miguel: Clean and comfortable. Great kitchen and patio area. Option to enjoy nice morning breakfast prepared by hospitalero. Artist supplies are provided for those who have the talent and wish to create a drawing or painting to leave behind for permanent display on the Alburgue walls. A fun communal environment!

Fonfria - Alburgue A Reboleira: Pleasant and comfortable. Pilgrims may opt to participate in a shared family style dinner prepared by hospitalero. Nice lounge area with television and internet. Separate bar area in front of alburgue.

As a general rule, and there were exceptions, in my opinion most of the private alburgues were far more preferable than the municipals. While most municipals provided a good array of amenities, i.e. laundry and kitchen facilities, they tended to be far less personal and lacked the character and charm of many private facilitites. Municiples often had so many beds stuffed very close together so as to make it claustrophobic. Hospitaleros at the private alburgues tended in general to take a real interest in the pilgrims. With some exceptions that was not the case in the municipals were a government employee came around to collect your money and had little interest in anything else.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
San Nicolas

= small albergue after Castrojeriz (just before Itero del Castillo) - very beautiful place, you sleep and eat in an old chapel. The Italian hospitaleros welcome you heartily, take care of you, cook lovely pasta, after prayers and touching ceremony "candlelight" dinner all together...

Buen camino,
you will have a wonderful time!

the one at O'Cebreiro , because of the landscape and well-equipped kitchen (i was there this january)
and the ones in Triacastela, a few houses near the river :) very very nice, old buildings, near to the river, also hospitalero was very nice this winter :) and of course Samos, but not in winter, just in case you want to get up frozen :)

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ages (Rafael, the owner, is wonderful)
Foncebadon (mystique Hippie-Place)
La Faba (The german Albergue ;-))
Santo Domingo de la Calzada (Pilgrims hotel)
Sarria (With this wonderful garden and huge fireplace)

Hi Geradine

There are several albergues in Sarria. Do you mean Don Alvaro?

Las Ruinas de San Anton - a ruined Gothic convent where you sleep 1/4 outside :lol: Magnificent! Share a meal - no kitchen. Nice hot showers.

Ermita de San Nicolas - Get there early, wash your clothes, and wait in line. A very small, lovely but wonderful experience awaits you there :) Shared meal. Hot showers. Hand pump water for clothes washing.

Pepe's place at Espinoza - He cooked us paella! Small intimate rooms.

Albergue San Miguel at Hospital de Orbigo - you are especially lucky if Freda is hospitalera!
I camped out in the yard here.

Santo Domingo del Calzada -

Manjarin (different and at first glance, a little scary, but worth staying and you will be happy you stayed)

Ligonde - a very small albergue that I loved

Refugio Acacio & Orietta in Viloria de la Rioja - A very sweet place, nice people, interesting pilgrim people

El Refugio de Jesus at Vilar de Mazarife - beautiful artwork on the walls, a swimming pool, and NO MORNING LOCKOUT TIME

There are more.. almost every one!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hard to choose just one! My favourites were in Villatuerta (La Casa Mágica), Ventosa (Albergue San Saturnino), and Rabanal (CSJ Refugio Gaucelmo). There are a few albergues I would not miss if I never revisited them, but the ones I listed are memorable for happy reasons :).

I was also going to say Azofra!

I'd trade all the character in the world for a night in one of their private two bed rooms.

Special note: If you're travelling alone and they're not full you may even get a room to yourself...oh the luxury!!! :D

Also, not sure if it's been mentioned but the Jesus Hostel (wherever that was!) where they LET you draw/write on the walls is nice if you fancy an evening of expressing yourself...

Granon...It was a cold afternoon when i got there in 2010..But they had a big fire up in the attic and we all had a brilliant dinner. Also was donation only.
Foncebadon.. In the alburge on the left .It was a lovely sunday afternoon when I got there.The host was a genial guy who cooked a great Paella for everyone. Some singing and chanting . Great evening May2010

La Faba in 2009.. i was cold, wet , tired, and hungry when i got there. The host was a German lady ( nun ). We went to a lovely service in the church and afterwards when I got back, she had dried my clothes. We then all had a meal, and an American guy played great music on a mandolin

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed in Azofra twice, the overnights were one month apart (I backtracked and rewalked a couple of sections of the Camino after arriving in Santiago).

The first time I stayed there, my roommate and I froze. It was a cold, damp night and I think that the in-floor heating had not been turned on yet. Having a shower that day was a memorable (miserably cold yet thankfully quick!) experience! Nice to go outside and get warmed up by the sun afterwards though, and the shared meal I had that night was one of the loveliest of my whole Camino. Unfortunately, it seems that two of my friends (in separate rooms) encountered bedbugs there that night. (One more note, I was surprised to discover that it was possible to pay the full room rate to have a room to yourself -- one of my friends who spoke much better Spanish than I, asked for and got one upstairs on the second floor.)

The second time I stayed, I asked for a single room because my friend had done so the month before. I was surprised to be told no, that wasn't possible -- even though there were only about 14 of us there that night! Different hospitalero than before, not sure if that was why I got a "No", but I was annoyed (I had a bad cold and was grieving the death of my father, it would have been good to have a room to myself rather than be paired with the loudest snorer I encountered on the entire Camino). It was lovely and warm though! The heat had been turned on and in the middle of the night when I got up to use the washroom, I wanted to stay standing on the toasty warm floor for longer!

So, bit of a mixed bag for me there in Azofra. Next time I might try staying in Nájera instead, or somewhere else.

[edited in March 2012 to add: last year (Sept.-Oct. 2011) when I walked I stayed at the municipal albergue in Nájera after all, and it was lovely! Great to be fresh and strong in the morning to tackle the hill on the way out of town; stopped for breakfast in Azofra, and had an early finish to the day in Santo Domingo... next time will plan to continue on to Grañon and stay there for the first time!]

OK, these are the anti-matter of Albergues, but if you can swing it, the Paradore
Santo Domingo, and the Paradore"Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos" in Santiago.

In Santo Domingo, the parador was built by Santo Domingo while buiding bridges for pilgrims. In Santiago, Queen Isabela took out time from funding Columbus to build a hotel, again for pilgrims.
It is the oldest hotel in the world. It was buit for us. They stay there at the end of the movie "St Jacques, Le Mecq" If you can somehow save up for the splurge, do it. Or at least have a beer at the bar.

My sister paid for my wife and I to stay at the Hostal Dos Reis Catolicos for three nights for my 50th birthday in January 2007.

It was a very double edged sword experience. The staff were wonderful, the breakfast very substantial and I loved having a whole day to wander every inch of the building taking endless photographs. :D

It is steeped in pilgrim history.

But, I wanted to sleep, on a mat, in the hall that the pilgrims did and I couldn't because it is now the breakfast room.

I had no spare money to tip the staff and not enough Spanish to say, I don't have enough money to stay here, someone else paid the bill.

I dare not open the fridge and consume a drink because it had to be paid for and the prices......

Despite the fact it was January and nearly empty my sister could not negotiate a discount (and she is a very seasoned traveller and very hard headed). (I saw the hotel invoice and in 2004 I had walked from SJPP to Finisterre and the sum total of flights, equipment and everything else cost me less).

I asked what it would cost to move to a room which overlooked the Cathedral instead of an inner courtyard and I could have walked for two to three weeks on the price difference. No way could I afford it.

To be blunt I left feeling uncomfortable. :?

So I am left with very mixed feelings about the place. If it were not a Paradore it is clear that it would no longer be there and no pilgrim (solvent enough) could stay there. But while it is steeped in pilgrim history and I had completed 4 Caminos by the time I stayed there, I did not feel at home.

(If you are solvent enough then for goodness sake spend a night there and make sure you wander the building with your camera; if you are like me of modest means you might want to think hard about whether or not to stay there)

Perhaps we should petition for it to be returned to its original use; a pilgrim hostel for those who have arrived at Santiago and have nowhere else to sleep. The King had it built to stop pilgrims sleeping in the cathedral. The only thing you should need today is a Compostela and 5€ a night. :lol:

Give me Granon anyday.

My favorite was Santo Domingo de la Calzada, the hospiteros were Canadians from Alberta, it was newly refurbished, nice bunk rooms and great shower facilities and a good kitchen with a larger dining area, it was especially great after the day before at the one in Najera, no hot water and no ventilation in the bunk room.
I also liked Orisson, what made that one unique was the young Basque girl who worked there, Pantxika (pronouned Panchica), so full of energy and funny, she really got the Camino off to a great start.

Paroquial Hostel in Hospital de Orbigo would be my pick. I arrived hot and a little frantic but the welcome was such that I quickly lost any anxiety I was feeling. Having said this there was no albergue that I would not return to. I was surprised by this having read posts on this site prior to my camino last year.

Scott

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I think it depends on what you are expecting? Better facilities, bed arrangement, etc.

In my case, I can only think of Samos monastery. That said, I must warn that the place is cold, no kitchen facilities. So what is so special about it? It's the monastery and also that I woke up staring at medieval murals in the ceiling.

Goodness! This has become an amazing collection of information! Thank you to everyone who contributed. As someone else mentioned, this will make a good list to just copy.

Linda and Emily

My favorite albergue was one in Ruitelan called Pequeña Portala which was run by Buddhists, served a fantastic shared meal (for me: pesto pasta!) & awakens everyone at 6:00am with beautiful, loud music beginning with "Ave Maria" and then is followed by an actual breakfast! It is small & easy to miss, but worth stopping for on the way to Cebreiro.
Dusty from Texas

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ruitelan is a gem, but I think the Buddhism was limited to the multi-cultural photos of the Dalai Lama on the wall. Both hospitaleros, self-admitted partners, are Spanish, the massage is Japanese, and the food is generally vegetarian. We shared dinner with a Catalan-speaking family whose son spoke excellent English as well, and a Dutch bicyclist. Ave Maria is rather distinctly Catholic, and a very nice wake-up alarm. They will fetch a beer from the bar, if you are too tired to move. They have internet.

I think suggesting an albergue because the kitchen is well-stocked could be questionable.
When I stayed at O-Cebreiro in September 2009 there was NOTHING in the kitchen except one dull knife, one HUGE soup pot, and a fork. No plates, cups, silver, cooking pots, nothing. I think that sometimes those items are lifted by pilgrims, sadly. So maybe it was because I was there at the end of the year... :roll:

It was, however, an otherwise nice albergue.

One thing I did NOT like about it was having my bed butted up against the bed next to me, especially with the rampant bedbug problems at the time. I pulled my bed apart from the others, although I know the little buggers can run fast! lol

dougfitz said:
Only one?? I can think of four that just made my Camino:
  • Granon - delightful albergue in the loft of the parish church. Bitterly cold in the overflow room but that was more than made up for by the delightful hospitalera. I think we were translating from English to Spanish to Italian and back again to converse - wonderful.
  • Espinosa del Camino - nice private house run by a former paratrooper. He was a wonderful host.
  • San Bol - modern rustic - another very welcoming albergue opened up especially because the people running it from Hontanas were worried that we pilgrims might have found the Meseta difficult in the wild and woolly conditions. They were right, and I was grateful.
  • Foncefadon - Alburgue Monte Irago - Another gracious host who was also a wonderful cook, and clearly enjoyed his own tucker.

DougF

+1 on Epinosa del Camino. Jose Mir was so nice to us, and the remarkable way to wake us up in the morning!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I love this topic, I have started compiling notes for use on my next camino, but as time goes on it appears that if I take all the advice I will be staying at almost every hostel on the way, mmmmmm I have the time :) and my camino was not going to be a race to the end :)

I have walked a camino two times now but have never stayed in Estrella. This year I will. Any recomendations for a "must stay" Albuergue there?

In Estella, I stayed at Albergue parroquial San Miguel one night, and loved it. I went back the next year, and it was filled with disreputable drifter-types. It is donativo, so maybe that is the end result. I have stayed at the Hospital de Peregrinos de Estella twice, and did not like it much either time -- hot and cramped. However, it does have a good kitchen and a nice garden patio (with smokers).

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I know you asked for "the one Albergue", and I have named at least two, but I have to mention another one. It is a few kilometers before Portomarin, and it is almost impossible to get people to stop anywhere but Portomarin, so maybe that is why this is a gem.

http://www.casamorgade.com/

The owner loves what he is doing (apparently), so he operates like they did in the good old days before there was a lot of money to be made if you had a "business model." He has bought an old farm and turned one building into a bar/restaurant and another into an albergue. He treats pilgrims like people, not customers. In twenty years, we will know if he has maintained his enthusiasm for the Camino, but currently it is a great place to stop (unless you like 120 roommates in the fairly new, very clean Albergue Ferramenteiro-Portomarin, which may be the best of the giant albergues).

If you are going to be staying in Estella from May 15-31 stop at the Albergue San Miguel. My wife and I will be Hospitaleros and we hope to provide a memorable experience including a dinner and breakfast. Dayton and Karen, Canada

karenhypes said:
If you are going to be staying in Estella from May 15-31 stop at the Albergue San Miguel. My wife and I will be Hospitaleros and we hope to provide a memorable experience including a dinner and breakfast. Dayton and Karen, Canada
Hi Dayton and Karen!
I will be in Estella in late June! Let me know what you think of the Albergue after your time there!
I have always loved poking around Estella on the way through and am looking forward to spending more time there.
John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Staying in Albergues may be divided into two kinds. The first has nothing to do with us individually; it is centered on how well equipped, comfortable, etc. the place is. The second is more ephemeral; it is remembered for the feeling or spirit of the place. Attitude plays such an important role in ambiance and spirituality.

As an aside, as you go into each place you stay, try to cheerfully get to know your fellow pilgrims, serve them in little ways, be clean, be charitable, offer privacy when needed, and a shoulder to those in need. Although there is a broad range of Albergues along the Camino, each one can offer a pearl to be treasured for a lifetime. It is up to us to create the memory.

Last edited:
I stayed at La Casa del Camino at Valverde de la Virgen in June of 2009. It is run by a couple and it is operated as a homestyle private pension. The food was great and the friendliness was superb. There is internet and it is outside the town just as you come in town on a hilly property nice gardens fresh eggs from there hens, strawberries picked fresh; it's just a fabulous place and it beets the albergue that is in town. Maria Pillar and Zechariah are great people.It is just outside of Leon.
n

Thanks everyone for those great reviews - all these places sound lovely and it will be hard to choose where to stay. I've not done the camino yet (starting in August this year) but my friend who walked a couple of years ago loved LaFaba. They loved the relaxed atmosphere and all the great people they met there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Linda and Emily
My friends and I loved Albergue Emaus in Burgos, very slightly off the 'route', but we would highly recommend it. We were warmly welcomed and looked after by Marie Noelle the hospitalledero (of the Carmelite Order of Notre Dame de Vie) and her assistant. Comfy beds and spotless showers and toilets. Unrushed conversation over supper, with wine, and a short meaningful meditation - there were at least five languages spoken among the guests the night we were there. Peregrinos are asked to undertake a small job after breakfast and before departure.

nathanael said:
I stayed at La Casa del Camino at Valverde de la Virgen in June of 2009. It is run by a couple and it is operated as a homestyle private pension. The food was great and the friendliness was superb. There is internet and it is outside the town just as you come in town on a hilly property nice gardens fresh eggs from there hens, strawberries picked fresh; it's just a fabulous place and it beets the albergue that is in town. Maria Pillar and Zechariah are great people.It is just outside of Leon.
n
I second you Nathanael! We have stayed with Pilar & Zacharias twice. They really welcome a pilgrim just how a pilgrim hopes to be welcomed! They are in my top 5! Others? Gualcelmo in Rabenal (well here I am a bit biased, because we have been a hospitaleros there - but even so, it's a great place), also Orieta and Acacio in Vilora de Rioja. This year I hope to try Tosantos. Anne

After a week and a half of cold, damp, occasionally dirty, saggy-mattressed, overcrowded, under ventilated, etc.etc., albergues, I arrived at the municipal albergue at Burgos and nearly cried for joy! It's sooooooo comfortable and well thought-out. There are even individual reading lights and powerpoints for each bed. Each set of 4 beds has it's own sink/mirror and separate shower. And it's all so clean and new! And there are lockers and... and... everything! It's a great place to recharge :)

About 7 nights ago I stayed at the albergue Bar La Torre in Arcahueja 8 km before Leon. Perfect! 18 Euros for bed, evening meny and breakfast with beer or wine - and only 2 hours walk to Leon the day after. Staying there gives you more time in Leon.

Walking to Leon is not dangerous at all any more - they have fixed it so you walk across the highway only once.
buen camino annie

I just finished walking the Camino Frances on April 25th.

My two favorite Albergues were:

Carrion de los Condes - run by Augustinian nuns

La Faba

Buen Camino

The most outstanding one in a beautiful place run by lovely people and tastefully laid out is Albergue Villares de Orbigo. Dont miss this one.

I would name two:
1) Gaucelmo in Rabanal. It´s run by the english Confraternity of Saint James, and they are nice people. I couldn´t get a bed there last summer, but they guided me to another albergue in town and then invited me to five o´clock tea back at Gaucelmo. Very kind of them!

2) Ave Fenix in Villafranca del Bierzo. Funny and very authentic place to stay. Not among the cleanest, but surely there is atmosphere!

Buen Camino!

Well, as a complete beginner (I've only done the Camino Ingles), and having stayed in just one albergue - Hospital da Bruma, I agree with Methodist Pilgrim - it's a great place. Benino the hospitalero couldn't have been more helpful, and, although there's no shop and food has to be carried in or ordered, there is a drinks machine at the alb, with COLD BEER!!! A pleasant surprise after walking the longest stage of the CI! :D

I guess this thread could close now. It looks like just about every albergue on the Camino has been named. :wink:

There really are very few that haven't been named "not to miss".
My experience was that very few would meet this description. It must be associated with the experience that someone had on a certain night when they were there. :?

grayland said:
I guess this thread could close now. It looks like just about every albergue on the Camino has been named. :wink:

There really are very few that haven't been named "not to miss".
My experience was that very few would meet this description. It must be associated with the expeerience that someone had on a certain night when they were there. :?

You might be correct about the numbers, but this thread has been a wonderful way for people to share their positive experiences about particular places - something that is not always that easy to do when we are sharing our experiences. The things to avoid are often clearer in our memories because of their single significant impact than the many small pleasantries and pleasures that surround us most of the time.

I would not want to stop anyone continuing to share those memories.

I believe this is one of the better threads on this site. It also provides Peregrino's the opportunity to reflect on some of the most positive moments on their Camino's.

One more Albergue I enjoyed upon reflection is the Municipal in Astorga. The Hospitalero's were extremely helpful and the outside areas provided wonderful scenery to just relax or eat your dinner.

While we all have a little different taste, I believe a contributing factor to any Albergue is the Hospitalero's. They can definately add or subtract from the experience.

It might be interesting to have a thread that talks to your worst experience in an Albergue.

Ultreya
Joe

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The list of not so good alburgues would be a lot shorter :) I think almost every alburgue has received a positive mention in this thread . I think I will stick by the rule " if you can't say anything nice shut you mouth"

I will retract my previous words, after only one day the not so good list has many entries, however for me there is no alburgue that I would enter on that list.

€46,-
some of the very top...

Villafranca Montes de Oca (municipal) - one of warmest receptions ever, hospitalero took my backpack to the dorm, and I got a rare map of Montes do Oca and Atapuerca to plan my very own off-beaten track itinerary
we only visited private alb. in hospital s antonio abad, but the owner was very kind, showed us around, explained all the history we wanter to hear... and his little dog made a little hole in my purse

Burgos (Emaus) - wonderful hospitality, communal meals, little socializings in the evenings, and I got to stay for an extra day to rest my feet (there was enough space, through)

San Bol - if only for the second breakfast and the fine conversation (didn't sleep there)

Mansilla (municipal) - every time I am there something amazing happens. the first time when we were sick we were shipped to the hospital and given a special 'sick' room to stay an extra day to recover. the second time I got a private lift by hospitalera to see san miguel de escalada and gradefes monasteries.

Hospital de Orbigo (parroquial) - amazing building with beautiful courtyard, cozy kitchen, and little birdies taking dust-baths in the extensive backyard, hospitalera also explained all about proportions for salt-and-vinegar footbaths. I seem to always end up here.

Rabanal (Gaucelmo) - for the music of proper english, the warm reception, and the constructive musings about camino history and alternative routes across montes aquilinos to penalba

Pontecampana (private) - for the best dinner on the route (and vegi, at that!) and the detailed explanation about how to reach paco de uloa and castillo pambre

I think the number of Caminos a person could walk is infinite, there are so many combinations of albergues to explore based on which towns we stop in along the way; and even within the same town, staying in a new place on a subsequent Camino. Then factor in weather, time of year, rest days...

Thank you to everyone who's shared their favourite places to stay, I hope there will still be more additions to this thread!

Rachel/Caminoheart

Hola,
I went to "the movie" during the week and thoroughly enjoyed it because I was surrounded by family. :D
Be cautious of going with a shopping list!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Like some posters already said here : a good albergue is not only a matter of lodging only but also of the people ( hospitaleros and voluntarios ) working there. And the lovely people in the villages of course.
Here follows my very subjective list.
Pamplona : Casa Paderborn run by the german confraternity of St.James : a very warm welcome with fruit juice and a cookie. Warm and disciplined at the same time. Spotlessly clean and lights only on at 6.30 accompanied with nice music. Next to the river and the nautical school. Very peaceful.Sieglinde and Dieter had a nice word for everyone, good advice and a motherly cuddle from Sieglinde.

Zubiri : Zaldiko, private one. Clean but cramped habitaciones and the owner was correct but nothing more.

Obanos : I heard that some people find the owner distant but I liked his style : gentle and correct. Lots of room, minimal but clean sanitary accomodation and a nice little private library. Thanks also to Inaki and his mum for the lovely dinner at their bar.

Villatuerta : closed at that time so headed to Estella.
Estella : albergue parroquial! Lovely volunteers and nice vibe in the albergue, communal meal. Small but again spotless sanitary installation. Observation : lots of people still think that donativo means free!!! Sad to see how some people ( and yes those with money !!! ) don't give ANYTHING!!!

Villamayor de Monjardin : the private one from Oasis Trails. Ok accomodation but the volunteers were a bit too pushy for my liking : trying to convince you to attend their prayings. Again, a very personal review.

Torres del Rio : new private one called Casa Mariela. Disastrous meeting with a very very drunken mexican who was drinking himself into a coma. The young employee dealt with it in a very swift way!! Thank you!!!

Ventosa : private one. I read that some people found the hospitaleros very strict but I liked them. Bit like my favourite teacher : strict but honest! Very clean and warm atmoshpere too. People came in late and already owner put extra matrasses on the floor so he drove the latecomers with his car to the next village.

Azofra : municipal with the double rooms. Nice facilities and a great kitchen!

Redecilla del Camino : municipal with donativo for albergue and dinner ( made by lady of village ). Really nice feeling, gentle lady and again everything spotlessly clean.
Bar/bakery/shop was outstanding!

Tosantos : parroquial : LOVELY!!! Gentle, kind and warm. So different from the one at Oasis trails. Minimum but clean facilities but the gentleness and warmth made up for this.
Again people : donativo does NOT mean for free!!!

San Juan de Ortega : aaaaaarrrgh! the worst : humid and cold. The hospitalero at the moment was really unfriendly and uncaring. Sanitary facilities ??? disgusting.

Burgos : the municipal. What can I say? We cried from contentment after that night before. Friendly and swift welcome. Maybe a bit big and anonymous but I didn't mind.

Hornillas del Camino : municipal. Again very humid and an uncaring hospitalero. Owner of only bar is also mayor and owner of albergue. Grumpy chap!

Castrojeriz : private one Casa Nostra. Lovely gentle owner, wooden floors, very clean bathrooms, nice little library. One of my favourites!

Fromista : municipal. Just ok, not bad not very good. Clean but lots of noise with people coming in late.

Carrion de los Condes : Espiritu Santo : individual beds in superclean surroundings. Everything a little antique but well kept! Very nice. Also thnaks to the people at the local centro de salud for attending to my small medical issue!

Calzadilla de la Cueza : hmm average clean but the hospitelera at that time Judith was so gentle and nice!

Sahagun : municipal Cluny. Clean but that dark wood everywhere was a bit depressing. Also my quarrel with an elderly german ( till today I do not have a clue why he started yelling to me ) didn't make it a happy stay.

Mansilla de las Mulas : the lovely municipal with the nicest hospitalera ever. Warm and funny, very attentive ( she is a hell of a good nurse ). Loved it!!!!

Leon : private at the Benedictenesses : cramped rooms, with all that human warmth we did not need a sleeping bag. BUT, lovely nice volunteers who were so helpful and gentle and funny. Thank you!!! And again the story about the donativo...SIGH...

Villadangos de Paramo : municipal, also one to forget... I had my doubts about the mattrasses. Hospitalera was not interested. Cold surroundings.

Rabanal del Camino : Gaucelmo : perfect. Teamoment, disposable sheets. Pat, hospitalera and a wonderful and lovely lady.

Molinaseca : new one the Santa Marina : very spacious and clean but missed " soul ". An anonymous feeling. Also the atmosphere changed here : more and more people " rushing " and more people coming with car , parked it around corner and came in with a legitimate credencial!!!!

Cacabelos : municipal with the double rooms around the church. Loved it!! Clean facilities and I shared the room with someone I knew.

O' Cebreiro : Xunta one : big but clean and perfectly run, nice hospitalera too. Again a lot of partygoers and loud people.

Vega De Valcarce: left the municipal because of horrible state of beds and checked into pension. Say no more...

Tricastela : Aitzenea : very nice hospitalera, spotlessly clean rooms with wooden floors, fully equipped kitchen, disposable sheets, cosy living room. Free internet.

Sarria : los Blasones : Tita the owner is really friendly, keeps it all very clean, good kitchen. Again less respect towards end of Camino between people.

Portomarin : Ultreia : brand new, obviously private but the owners have a big heart, always there and clean up between every shower! Again lots of people who made reservations and came in with neat suitcases and a hairblower!! Nevertheless : liked it. Good kitchen facilities too.

Ribadiso de Baixa : Xunta next to river. Clean and spacious but the wooden doors made a hell of noise during the night. So called closing time is a laugh because people kept coming in after twelve!

35 days Camino Frances and I treated myself to 6 hostals or pensions during that time. First I thought that I was cheating but now I know that I needed this privacy from time to time.

The Albergue in Ruitelan!
Real Magic. The hospitalero made a wonderful dinner and warned everybody not to go out of bed before the music the next morning...
At 6.30am 200 decibels Ave Maria followed by Nessum Dorma from the 3 Tenors.
Wonderful!

Thanx for your time and effort sharing your experiences Sabine. I suppose that we as pilgrims should really be happy with any place to sleep. My first Camino was 8 years ago and I can assure you that there was a lot more to complain about then.
I see that one of your biggest gripes is Pilgrims coming in late and making a noise. The bars and restaurants should open at 7 and not 9 - think this could help.
Just as an observation , the Quiet chap at Obanos has one of the few albergues with an official Snoring Room - slept well that night , all on my own.................. back to the thread

So , I can only choose one Albergue - then it has to be Granon - one of those free albergues .... sorry , sorry only joking!
Thanx to all the Hospitaleroes that have made my many nights in Granon so special. :D

RENSHAW said:
Thanx for your time and effort sharing your experiences Sabine. I suppose that we as pilgrims should really be happy with any place to sleep. My first Camino was 8 years ago and I can assure you that there was a lot more to complain about then.
I see that one of your biggest gripes is Pilgrims coming in late and making a noise. The bars and restaurants should open at 7 and not 9 - think this could help.
Just as an observation , the Quiet chap at Obanos has one of the few albergues with an official Snoring Room - slept well that night , all on my own.................. back to the thread

So , I can only choose one Albergue - then it has to be Granon - one of those free albergues .... sorry , sorry only joking!
Thanx to all the Hospitaleroes that have made my many nights in Granon so special. :D

Oh yes Renshaw, compared with 8 years ago situation is completely different, I heard that from a friend who did the Camino in 2001. And I certainly do not want to complain, overall the albergues were brilliant. There only is such a huge difference between the better albergues and the worse ones though.
Good for you, getting the official snoring room!!!

€149,-
methodist.pilgrim.98 said:
Hi Geradine

There are several albergues in Sarria. Do you mean Don Alvaro?

Oh, just saw your question. Yes, that's the albergue I was writing about.

Just go with the flow.

A friend i had made in the camino asked me ''Which is your favorite albergue?'' to whom i replied, joking, ''The one from tomorrow''. Turns out i was right :D

We ended up walking until midnight and having a lady open the doors of the albergue to let us sleep in the room where they keep all the matrasses. This after i decided that i didn't like the albergue in Ponferrada.

It was in Cacabelos.

I would say Fonfria - it was wonderful, the beds were great, the food was so good, and even with rain and fog, we were all in a great mood (and it was full!) -
best wishes
cumbriahiker

Replying to Raphael: I can only say that you were very, very lucky to find a hospitalero who got up and opened up for you at midnight. FYI the day of a hospitalero runs to roughly 16 working hours (6 a.m to 10 or 11 p.m.) We are all pretty shattered by that time and really need a good rest.
I'm sorry to say this, but you had a good bed at Ponferrada and it was your choice to move on, because you didn't like the place. Come on... that's pretty selfish. By the way, I've stayed in both places and Ponferrada is not so bad and it's clean. What more did you want? Anne

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
If you where to walk the Ruta de la Plata, then the albergue not to miss would be, in Albergeuria, where the owner of the bar with the concha's has fixed up a traditional house of the region as an albergue.

annakappa said:
Replying to Raphael: I can only say that you were very, very lucky to find a hospitalero who got up and opened up for you at midnight. FYI the day of a hospitalero runs to roughly 16 working hours (6 a.m to 10 or 11 p.m.) We are all pretty shattered by that time and really need a good rest.
I'm sorry to say this, but you had a good bed at Ponferrada and it was your choice to move on, because you didn't like the place. Come on... that's pretty selfish. By the way, I've stayed in both places and Ponferrada is not so bad and it's clean. What more did you want? Anne

Its sure difficult to please everybody Anna - Raphael must have really disliked the Ponferrada albergue to walk till midnight. However , rules are rules and if I were the Hospilalero , I would have been very unhappy.I think you were most fortunate Raphael.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
RENSHAW said:
annakappa said:

Its sure difficult to please everybody Anna - Raphael must have really disliked the Ponferrada albergue to walk till midnight. However , rules are rules and if I were the Hospilalero , I would have been very unhappy.I think you were most fortunate Raphael.

Replying to you all. I had been walking my camino and used to walk among the crowds however when i got to Ponferrada i saw more than one thousand ore two thousand pilgrims in the albergue. So i just fely uncomfortable and walked and i do believe that if you are not happy in a place you should walk on and meet a new place with new people, that's the beauty of the camino. When we got there the lady was cleaning the albergue so we asked if we could sleep there to whcich she replied no as the beds were already fulfilled. So as we started camping on the outside we heard her call us and we had a great night.

If I was lucky? Yeah. Was it worth it? Yeah.

Plus i did the 7 days on the camino by stages of 25km average and i was starting to dislike this way. So one day i reminded myself that i was free and started to walk until i reached a place that i liked or i was about to fall over, luckily it never happened.

annakappa said:
This year I hope to try Tosantos. Anne
The Albergue itself is nothing to write home about , but the hospitaleros and the reception makes it oh so special.

So this is Linda at the end of her Camino and I just want to thank you for all the suggestions. I used many of them.
Tonight I am in the ¨Hippie¨place mentioned before, Albergue do Sol in Fisterra. What a perfect way to end you Camino. If you have a facebook, search for them and ask to be a friend. The pictures tell the story.

caminka said:
some of the very top...

Villafranca Montes de Oca (municipal) - one of warmest receptions ever, hospitalero took my backpack to the dorm, and I got a rare map of Montes do Oca and Atapuerca

Now it just goes to show........... to me , this was , in 2003/9 -The 'Hell Hole' of Albergues - , the spoilt brat that I am .......... and then I started to think........................................................... What would I have done without this Albergue?? ........... I think that if there was a dedicated Hospitalero there and they practiced the Paroquial mandate - it could be fantastic.

I second RENSHAW about Montes de Oca municipal. Of all the aubergues I stayed in July 2010 that and the municipal in León were the only 2 I would not (unless absolutely necessary) ever stay at again.

Location: awful (take your life in your own hands to cross the road - trunks zoom by).
Food: bare essentials at a bar.
Cooking: very basic facilities but "hospitalero" keep discouraging us from using it
Atmosphere: one block of cement - old school house
"Hospitalero": had the impression that she was in it for the money. Came to collect then left.

There were very few of us there that night which may say it all (keep in mind that it was July and Holy year)!

Sorry for this interjection as this thread is about albergues that you would not want to miss!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have just read through all the messages on this thread. Sabine, I think your posting is great and very helpful to anyone who might have a choice of places to say.
I noticed that 2 of my favourites are not on anyone's list:
Acacio & Orietta in Viloria de la Rioja, who are Brazilian/Italian couple. Orietta made a simple dinner and, sitting around the table asked everyone to introduce themselves and give the reason why they were doing the Camino. This opened up to a beautiful atmosphere and discussions on very many subjects.
La Casa del Camino in Valverde de la Virgen. Owned and run by Zacharías and Pilar. We have stayed there twice and the welcome is just what a Pilgrim hopes to receive. Pilar will go out of her way to help you and make you feel at home. She has a fantastic way of treating blisters. One I had never heard of before. She will make you an evening meal and breakfast if you wish. The one dormitory is very spacious and they have separate "ladies and gents" showers and toilets. I like that! Anne

San Bol - Very small and cosy albergue with an amazing garden which has a "healing" well. The hospitalero here (Miguel) was one of the kindest, most genuine, laid back and fun hospitaleros that I met on my Camino this year! It is definitely my favourite.

Poblacion de Campos - this is next little village after Fromista. Again it was down to the hospitalero which made this place a great place to sleep. I arrived after walking 40km, it was hot, I needed a shower, and I was tired so I had to stop... when I arrived I read a sign which said you have to check in at the small hotel down the road to get a bed in the albergue, I went and he said it was €6 for a place in a bunk bed, which is what I was expecting... but then he said I could stay in this hotel for €10 in a double room (with one other person), so he took me to the room and I was so happy I said yes to him straight away... but then he said "or... you can have this one" he took me down the hallway and showed me a single room with a double bed!! I ended up paying €20 but with this I got my clothing washed and dried, and my breakfast! (Plus a lie in until 10am - I was tired).

Albergoe do Sol - this one is in Finisterre and I believe I met Linda and Emily here! The hospitaleros here are very helpful, and the atmosphere is fantastic... there is a communal meal which is donativo and everyone is welcome to join, everybody holds hands in a circle and we each give our thanks to the camino, the people, and of course.. the food! I liked it here so much I stayed 5 nights.

Joe

I agree with a lot of the suggestions made and have one other I would like to add. San Sarurnino in Ventosa was one of the best alberques I stayed in on my recently completed Camino.

Has anyone mentioned Rebekah's The Peaceable Kingdom in Moratinos?

Otherwise, yes, Tosantos, Grañon, Ventosa... And then, sometimes, an encounter in a kitchen, while preparing some pasta with tomato sauce -- in Rancho Ranero, Santo Domingo de la Calzada... Santa Cecilia on the Camino Aragonés...

I'm really curious about what we are going to find out on VDLP...

RENSHAW said:
annakappa said:
This year I hope to try Tosantos. Anne
The Albergue itself is nothing to write home about , but the hospitaleros and the reception makes it oh so special.

In August last year , I met a great German Chap in his early 20s - he bought me a glass of Vino in the main street of Viana - he liked his beer , and he had an eye for the Ladies that he was meeting along the way - this Lad did have such a good attitude - brought up by folks from the 'Old School' - He told me of the Paroquial Albergue to the side of the church - hidden if you did not know of it. there were only mats for 17 pilgrims but I was to be one of the fortunate. The Hospitaleroes were Two Spanish Men who made the most fantastic meal - don't remember their names , but my , what a pleasure - I must someday return their wonderful service to the Camino.
........... and I like to think I will bump into that likable German lad again - this time I can buy the drinks.

This is a secret. The most charming alburgue I know is in San Bol. It is worth going off schedule to stay in this beautiful, isolated little house nestled in a hollow, surrounded by yellow hills. Outside is a grove of poplars and a small pool. There are eight beds in the downstairs bedroom and two in the attic (can be pushed together for couples). The place is completely, recently and well refurbished. It does take a little while for hot water to reach you and there is no electricity. A woman came from civilizatin to cook piella for us. Bed, dinner and breakfast all 11E. Cannot beat it.

Axe said:
This is a secret. The most charming alburgue I know is in San Bol. It is worth going off schedule to stay in this beautiful, isolated little house nestled in a hollow, surrounded by yellow hills. Outside is a grove of poplars and a small pool. There are eight beds in the downstairs bedroom and two in the attic (can be pushed together for couples). The place is completely, recently and well refurbished. It does take a little while for hot water to reach you and there is no electricity. A woman came from civilizatin to cook piella for us. Bed, dinner and breakfast all 11E. Cannot beat it.

Charming place - special - I had the same experience. Put this one on your 'Must do' list. There is only one combined shower and toilet - then again - its 'The Way'

In response to the recommendation of a new member with only one post (often a drop in to place an ad), I suggest that you arrive at San Bol with enough energy to continue on, if you do not like it. I has been newly renovated under threat of being shut down by the Junta, but still has minimum "amenities." It has no electricity, no hot water, no indoor plumbing fixtures, and no kitchen for pilgrim use. I camp with less than that, so the place is quite livable; just do not expect a normal "albergue."
Municipio: San Bol - (Burgos)

Descripción: Arroyo de San bol debe su nombre a San Baudilio, una aldea cercana que fue abandonada misteriosamente en 1503. Se piensa que pudo ser debido a alguna epidemia, o quizás a la expulsión de los judíos, muy abundantes en la comarca.

Abierto todo el día.

El peregrino no puede asearse y tiene que hacer sus necesidades por el campo.
Dirección: Arroyo de San Bol
Disponibilidad: Abierto solo en verano, de mayo a septiembre
Precio: 4 euros
Plazas: 20 plazas en literas
Categoría: gestión municipal. Albergue sin servicios ni luz electrica.
Observaciones: Es un lugar precioso, lástima de tanta dejadez por parte de los responsables del pueblo al que pertenece (Iglesias)
Contacto: Tfno.: 947 16 10 53/ 617 16 53 27
Descripción

Agua caliente NO Inodoro - Sitio para bicicletas SI
Agua potable SI Lavadero SI Taquillas y armarios NO
Botiquín NO Lavadora NO Teléfono público NO
Calefacción SI Luz eléctrica NO Tendedero SI
Cocina NO Maquina de refrescos NO Terrazas SI
Duchas - Maquina de café NO Toallas y jabón NO
Establo Si es el campo Salón SI Enchufes para móviles NO
Frigorífico NO Salón comedor SI Cobertura móvil NO

falcon269 said:
I suggest that you arrive at San Bol with enough energy to continue on, if you do not like it. ... just do not expect a normal "albergue."
For a thread which asks about experiences (opinions?), I evaluate comments on a) hospitaleros' attitude, b) amenities, c) cleanliness, d) atmosphere/socializing.
Rate each of the four points from 0 ( most negative) to 10 (most positive) for objective appreciation.
There is no such thing as a "normal albergue". Nor does a "perfect albergue" exist. It is the human approach of hospitalero(s) towards the pilgrim's circumstances which is the "sine qua non" of an "albergue".
So what are your votes for the "albergue" which should not be missed ? (10, 6, 9, 8 for example?)

€149,-
The one in Boadilla with that lovely, welcoming family springs to mind. I had to smile when I went in the gate and walked through the garden, because it reminded me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. However, instead of people doing typical pirate things (counting gold, whoring, drinking rum etc), people were doing typical pilgrim things (washing /drying clothes, drinking beer, bursting each others blisters etc.) The food was very nice too.

The first albergue in that village was interesting too. I just stopped at the bar for a beer because I was desperate for one. The guy was trying to steer people away from the larger albergue by saying "The more humans, the less humanity". In that particular case I don't think it was true, but maybe he had a point!

nalod said:
The most outstanding one in a beautiful place run by lovely people and tastefully laid out is Albergue Villares de Orbigo. Dont miss this one.

I don't want to assume and therefore miss this one: is it in Hospital de Orbigo?
Thanks,
Nancy

La Casa del Camino in Valverde de la Virgen. Owned and run by Zacharías and Pilar. We have stayed there twice and the welcome is just what a Pilgrim hopes to receive. Pilar will go out of her way to help you and make you feel at home. She has a fantastic way of treating blisters. One I had never heard of before. She will make you an evening meal and breakfast if you wish. The one dormitory is very spacious and they have separate "ladies and gents" showers and toilets. I like that! Anne[/quote]

This is shortly after Leon? I think I remember that the Way splits shortly after Leon - one way goes to Villadangos del Paramo, and the other to Vllar de Mazarife. Do you know if Valverde de la Virgen is before or after the split? If it's after, which way to go? I don't want to miss it!

Thanks,
Nancy

€149,-
Hi Nancy,
La Casa del Camino at Valverde is on the route to Villadangos. This route follows the main road N120, and Valverde is 3.4 km after the point where the you have the choice of going to Valladangos or Villar de Mazarife. As you leave La Virgen del Camino the route goes downhill a short way and crosses a bridge over a small river. Just after this bridge the two routes diverge, with some indistinct arrows pointing to the left to Villar de Mazarife, and the route to Villadangos is straight ahead. Buen Camino. David

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back