Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

What is the story of the two older sisters (?) on the Camino

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I have no idea where best to ask this, I have searched trying to find the answer...
Somewhere I have seen an image of two older gals associated with either the Camino, Santiago or pilgrims in general and am trying to find some information out about them. I assume they are sisters, the images I am thinking of is of two older women dressed in skirts and make-up arm and arm walking down the street.

Would love an image of them and their story.
The reason...we have come home with two sister pups that move like one, abandoned together and now rehomed together...and I instantly have thought of the image of these two ladies...
As I think of names I wondered what theirs are and wondered what their story is/was...

Thanks in advance,

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

fortview

Past OR future Camino
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)

annakappa

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Part frances jun 07/rest frances may- jun 2008/Frances sept-oct 2009/ Sanabres Oct 2010/Frances sept-oct 2011/Aragones Sept-Oct 2012. Hospitalero Sept 2010, Amiga in Pilgrim's Office Oct 2013. Part Primitivo Oct 2013. Portugues from Porto June 2015.
How did you find this information, Annie?

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Olivares

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
A few years back, Journalism students from the University of Santiago de Compostela put together a well- received documentary about Las Dos Marias:

It is in Spanish, really interesting. Apparently, there is a current effort to bury them together as the oldest one was buried with her Mother and brothers while the youngest one was buried with her Dad, same cemetery just distance away. The youngest one died asking how to get back on the Camino as she wanted to go back to Santiago. May both rest in peace.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads