• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What is this all about.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Ian,
I saw your notice about the blog and thought I would give it a go.
That was an hour and a half ago. I was hooked.

A few words for others that may go there.
The October 2009 entries are very thoughtful meditations on aspects of pilgrimage.
February 2009 contains a more traditional travel narative.

Thank you for sharing.
David, Victoria, Canada.

Thanks. I am glad that you enjoyed my blog. I find it helpful to hear the response of
readers. Sometimes I wonder who I am writting for as it goes off into the unknown and
even think that I might be wasting my time. Should you have time to post your reflections on what you read,then that is even more helpful as the discussion make me think deeper.
Ian

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Alas, to find a kindred spirit on Camino is to delight in the glory of God. A wonderful blog with enough meat to allow for hours of conversation along the Chemin. Gladly would I look forward to meeting you on the Way. May His Peace continue to be with you always,

Michael

Hello Ian,

Thank you for your blog. I do find it very inspirational and it made me think ( even more ) about my plans ,and more important, my intentions for the Camino.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
That is my aim. When I first went on pilgrimage I found that there were plenty of folk who
could tell me about Boots, Albergues, Pilgrim meals, Credentials and the rest of the stuff,
but, there were very few who had a handle on the Spiritual side. Most seemed to
recognised that there was something profoundly spiritual here, but it stopped there.I
wanted to answer the question 'what are we dealing with and is there more to be
had for those who will look below the surface?'
This was the start of a long search and a deep adventure that help me
come to see that the Christian faith was really about pilgrimage, the metaphor was
in fact the reality. It has however gotten overlaid with some of the institutional stuff
as to be almost completly obscured it. So I started to dig, experience and lay out
for others to share what I had found. And you are very welcome to anything that helps you
from what I have gained. :lol:
Ian H.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back