• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Identification of a Cross Along the Road between Javier and Sanguesa

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2016; Mansill de las Mulas to Finisterre/Muxia 2017; Aragones 2018; Suso/Yuso, Meseta 2019
Is anyone able to identify what this cross is about. There are several similar of these along the roadway between Javier and Sanguesa. This one has the inscription, Los Mozos navarros a javier,
seminario concilar IV centenaoli.

Attachments

• IMG_4318.JPG
    IMG_4318.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 20
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My (somewhat) educated guess is that it is commemorating the 400th anniversary of young Navarrese men (mozos) being called to follow Saint Francis Xavier (7 April 1506 – 3 December 1552), a Navarrese Catholic missionary and saint who was a co-founder of the Society of Jesus.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
They mark the way of an annual pilgrimage.
La Javierada

A quote from the webpage:
Along the last 8 km that lead to the Castle of Javier from Sangüesa (road NA-5410), the pilgrim will see on his way the stone crosses erected by the young men of Navarra that accompany the prayer of theWay of the Cross.

Last edited:
As I recall, the numbers began outside Sanguesa and went up the closer one got to Javier. I assumed at the time that they might perhaps have reflected Stations of the Cross for some 1950s Navarrese youth pilgrimage to the shrine of the Saint.... . Father Elias' 1985 Camino guidebook reported [p. 18] that "Las 'Javieradas' concentran a muchos miles de jovenes en le mes de Marzo."

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you Rick for sorting this out! I walked the Aragones for the second time this past September-October, this time with a walking companion who was in total awe at everything he saw. I absolutely would walk the Aragones again but our plan is to walk Finisterre-Muxia later this year, if possible.

Thank you Rick for sorting this out! I walked the Aragones for the second time this past September-October, this time with a walking companion who was in total awe at everything he saw. I absolutely would walk the Aragones again but our plan is to walk Finisterre-Muxia later this year, if possible.
Like you, I'd do that walk again in a heartbeat.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Uh, so I walked Sanguesa to Javier in 2019 and didn’t see a single one of these crosses! What route was I on?!?!?! BTW, love the Aragon Camino, especially the new albergue is Canfranc Puebla!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back