• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What not to miss?

liz-

Time of past OR future Camino
sept 2014
Hi All: I start my Camino two weeks from today - Yahoo! I know everyone's opinions are relative to their own experiences, but I'm wondering if there are some albergues and/or towns that one should not miss long the Camino Frances. Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The little Albergue-20 beds--in San Nicolas del Real Camino--is a hidden gem! Don't blindly follow the guide book and stop in Terradillos de los Templarios--just walk a little further. And of Course, Granon! And Tosantos--but no store and bar is closed on Monday!

Best food on the Camino? No comparison to Café Casanova in Estrella--a whole trout as big as a Beagle as one course of the Pilgrim meal! For the top hundred places to eat on the Camino , it comes in as number one and no other place on the Camino makes it in to the top hundred! It is that good!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
i have wonderful memories from Bar a Galería in Finisterre... wide windows overlooking the harbor below, and inside... inside was a beautiful mix of pilgrims comprised of those i met along the camino frances, those i only met recently on the camino to finisterre but bonded with immediately, those who along the entire way were just a day or two behind or ahead but never ever met! that was a hoot, and! the polish 'bookend' pilgrims i met coming down from Somport and didn't see once until the very end. laughter and stories, laughter and stories, the unspokenness and maybe unawareness of how deeply we didn't want it all to end created an intense cohesion. then the next day... dispersion

I know this is going to sound strange, but Saint Jean Pied de Port. I enjoyed the fanfare of the traditional starting place for many, visiting the pilgrim's office and just knowing that this was widely considered a start to the Camino. Next time I will probably start in Pamplona, but I thought it was good to do SJPDP at least once. Also it was cool to visit France again, if only for a short time, and to cross from one country into the next.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This forum uses Google Plus so please refrain from making reference to the enemy .... Y###O ...... as for what albergues, towns etc to not miss ... miss etc .... best not to go doewn that route as you run the risk of converting your pilgrimage and all that it can offer through uncertainty into yhe certainty of the modern holiday and what such experiences often lack as a consequence ...... embrace the bed bug in you ....

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Each time we walk the Camino we find something or some place or some one that stands out more than the other's all except one. And that is the complete quiet you find in places on the meseta.
I have always enjoyed the outdoors, hiking and fishing but to find places that have no sound....its very rare and not to be missed.

Hi All: I start my Camino two weeks from today

Hi Liz, I start my second Camino (from SJPP) on Sept 8. :). I was satisfied with almost all albergues so it´s easier to tell you which were that I didn´t like: Casa Mari in Torres del Rio and municipal albergue in Triacastela. Galician Xunta albergues are generally not impressive. My favourite albergues: Granon (in the church tower) and En El Camino, the one with swimming pool in Boadilla del Camino. Buen Camino, maybe we´ll meet each other.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi All: I start my Camino two weeks from today - Yahoo! I know everyone's opinions are relative to their own experiences, but I'm wondering if there are some albergues and/or towns that one should not miss long the Camino Frances. Thanks.
Hi Liz,
I collected all the various opinions on the albergues in a little booklet called "a selection of favorite albergues on the camino frances". You can download it for free on this site at the -resources- section.

Hi Liz, I start my second Camino (from SJPP) on Sept 8. :). I was satisfied with almost all albergues so it´s easier to tell you which were that I didn´t like: Casa Mari in Torres del Rio and municipal albergue in Triacastela. Galician Xunta albergues are generally not impressive. My favourite albergues: Granon (in the church tower) and En El Camino, the one with swimming pool in Boadilla del Camino. Buen Camino, maybe we´ll meet each other.
Incredible! I agree almost exactly with both your likes and dislikes and I've written about them in my blog (highland hind.wordpress.com ) I wish I was doing it all again this year but instead am meeting up with old camino friends from 2012 in Santiago on the 24th Sept and walking to Finisterre. And I'm excited already. Buen Camino to you.

Incredible! I agree almost exactly with both your likes and dislikes and I've written about them in my blog (highland hind.wordpress.com ) I wish I was doing it all again this year but instead am meeting up with old camino friends from 2012 in Santiago on the 24th Sept and walking to Finisterre. And I'm excited already. Buen Camino to you.

Hi Renga,

thanks for giving us the link to your enjoyable blog. Reading it, I see that we had the same Camino stops on many other places. Unfortunately my blog is written only in Hungarian and Czech (http://www.hit.bme.hu/~pfliegel/Camino/Utinaplo.htm and http://www.hit.bme.hu/~pfliegel/Camino/CZ/Denik.htm) but you can understand the data and the photos.
I´ll reach Santiago around October 8, it´s a pity that we miss each other by two weeks. Instead of Finisterre, I recommend you to go to Muxía. There is a Hungarian albergue (Delfín) with great atmosphere, Rózsa (Rose, my Camino friend) is a fantastic hospitalera.

And congratulations to the 39 km Villafranca-Burgos walk! Buen Camino!

Peter

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
San Marco in Palais de Rei is brand new and very comfortable. Right beside a lovely church and very short walk to town centre.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back