• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What questions should a blogpost answer?

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
Hi,
I'm writing on my blogposts from the Camino and when I'm done with all days I'll write a summary post with stuff people have asked me like:
  • Why did you do it
  • What was the best
  • What was the worst
  • How much money did you spend
  • How far did you walk in average every day
  • How did you take care of your feets
  • How did you pack look like, did you lack something, did you send anything home

But what else, what could be useful to answer in a blogpost for coming caminoers? Or is there something you want to ask me?

The blogpost will be about how I did, how I felt and so on so it will not be any kind of how to more a summary of how it can be on a camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You could add something like if you had any moments of doubt ( OMG what am I doing here?), moments of sheer happiness, people who you met that impressed you the most. And above all about the feeling deep inside you that the Camino has left that will always be there. These are just a few.

Buen Camino!

You could add something like if you had any moments of doubt ( OMG what am I doing here?), moments of sheer happiness, people who you met that impressed you the most. And above all about the feeling deep inside you that the Camino has left that will always be there. These are just a few.

Buen Camino!
Perfect. I add those to the list. The post will be written as soon I'm done with the daily notes. I'm on day 14 of 33 now so I'm reliving going into León at the moment :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I suppose you´ll get more ideas as the days go by and more members of the forum read your post.

Buen Camino!

Beatrice, I think that one thing that would be very helpful (to me at least) would be a listing of your stages. Mundicamino, Eroski, the Brierley guide, and most of the people walking who post on this forum tend to stay in the 20-27 kms a day stages. You broke out of that mold, and I think that for people who walk longer distances, it would be interesting to see the actual stages you walked. Thanks, Laurie

Yes the stages will be summed up in the post. Even if they are shown in all the daily posts. I'll post them here as well.

I had a malfunction of my gps-watch between Virgen de la Camino and Samos. Hoped to show profiles for all stages as dell bit that part will be missing.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.