• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What Size Frames for Compostela, Certificate of Distance and Credencial?

The Cumbrian

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo.
St James Way, England.
If anyone has framed their Compostela, Certificate of Distance and Credencial, do you recall what size frame you ordered for each?

Thanks, Michael.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That looks great. Can you recall what size the frames are?
The bottom one is 18x30 (all in inches/sorry). The middle is 24x31. And the 2 credentials are in a 16x25 frame. And I just took the papers into a local frame shop, choose a frame style, told them my design/plan/idea, and let them take it from there regarding matting and putting things together.

My recommendation is to buy a tube for a euro or two when you get your compostela and (maybe) distance certificate. Take it home and then decide what frame you want and if you want to put them both (and maybe your credential too) in one frame or more.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My recommendation is to buy a tube for a euro or two when you get your compostela and (maybe) distance certificate. Take it home and then decide what frame you want and if you want to put them both (and maybe your credential too) in one frame or more.
That's what I'm doing...

The bottom one is 18x30 (all in inches/sorry). The middle is 24x31. And the 2 credentials are in a 16x25 frame. And I just took the papers into a local frame shop, choose a frame style, told them my design/plan/idea, and let them take it from there regarding matting and putting things together.
Thanks Larry.
Don't worry about the dimensions, I'm of the generation who are comfortable with Imperial and Metric measurements.
Cheers, Michael.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I framed mine last week ( my certificate of distance from our first caminho from Lisbon in 2013 .Don’t ask questions how come 🤪)
But I cut it as big as the Compostela and it fits in a normal frame, inside dimensions 30x21 cm.

Attachments

• 23449AEB-B3C6-4835-8969-6738BEF81290.jpeg
    23449AEB-B3C6-4835-8969-6738BEF81290.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Thanks Larry.
Don't worry about the dimensions, I'm of the generation who are comfortable with Imperial and Metric measurements.
Cheers, Michael.
For some bizarre reason the Compostela isn't printed on standard A4 paper, it is IIRC a smidge narrower and a tad longer - these being the measurements in place since medieval times.
Have the frames and mats custom made - it's worth it rather than all the faffing about trying to fit the certificates into standard size frames.

A Certificate of distance for 3€
A custom made frame 50 € or more

I bought a frame at HEMA ( ( likely a shop as Sainsbury or so )for 8 €
The risk is that the certificate fades by the light beause the ink is not sunshine prove as I saw mine from 2013 hardly to be read anymore .
I bought a map of the caminho Português and de Via de laPlata in the shop of the Pilgrims Office ( 34x 83 cm) for 7,50 €

A custom made frame costs costs me about 80€ and a pass partout 37,50

So I will go to Ikeå coming week and buy a bigger frane and a friend of mine who is photographer cuts the passe partout so I will be much economical doing so

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Pay extra for acid-free matting.

The risk is that the certificate fades by the light beause the ink is not sunshine prove as I saw mine from 2013 hardly to be read anymore .
Glass that blocks UV light helps.

If anyone has framed their Compostela, Certificate of Distance and Credencial, do you recall what size frame you ordered for each?

Thanks, Michael.
Good afternoon, the Compostela is regular A4, certificate of distance is 34cm-23cm . Greetings from Belgium

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.