• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to do en route to Finisterre?

Momwiz

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2019
Myself and my two companions are Walking to Finisterra in a few days from Santiago. We are considering modifying the amount of time that we travel and would like to know what there might be to see and do on the way.
Spiritual or religious experiences? Adventure experiences? We are open to ideas. Thanks!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Myself and my two companions are Walking to Finisterra in a few days from Santiago. We are considering modifying the amount of time that we travel and would like to know what there might be to see and do on the way.
Spiritual or religious experiences? Adventure experiences? We are open to ideas. Thanks!

Like your Camino till now it can be spiritual, religious and / or adventurous.
Or it can be none of the three.
Maybe it is " just " a nice walk. Well, that was the case for me when I walked this epilogue.

There are as many ideas and experiences as there are pilgrims on the way.
When I start a Camino I do not have much expectations except of staying as healthy as possible, trying to be nice to most people, practice my Spanish, enjoying local culture and cuisine and keeping my boots as dry as possible.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Do it for the Sun God! The road to Finisterre is a lot older than any "Camino".

It really is a beautiful walk with no crowds. Recommend Santiago to Muxia to Finisterre. And at finisterre go to the beach across the main road from Finisterre. Kneel in the waves and let 7 waves hit you and your sins are forgiven! Really works--did it twice.- last time I checked my soul was snow white.
Anyone know how to get on the Finisterra a Camino from Santiago?

Anyone know how to get on the Finisterra a Camino from Santiago?
Well marked WAY out of town, Walk straight past Parador and do not turn right to Compostela store. Yellow arrows and "Shells" mark the path. After walking into Santiago from Sarria , it is like being in the wilderness! No crowds; no noise. Last time i walked to Finisterre, I was surprised how many Europeans come to Santiago for a long weekend just to walk to Finisterre--Ryan Air makes that possible!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If your stading looking at the magnificent cathedral turn to you left, there is a hotel and a staircase, go down the stairs and straight ahead, soon you will see the yellow arrows

Well marked WAY out of town, Walk straight past Parador and do not turn right to Compostela store. Yellow arrows and "Shells" mark the path. After walking into Santiago from Sarria , it is like being in the wilderness! No crowds; no noise. Last time i walked to Finisterre, I was surprised how many Europeans come to Santiago for a long weekend just to walk to Finisterre--Ryan Air makes that possible!
Thank you!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Muxia for the shrine and the rocks; Fisterra for the 'end of the world' would be my two 'take home' experiences of that particular stretch (other than the fact that it rained incessantly for four days!) There was also a really nice & peaceful, albeit short, wooded river walk after about 40kms I recall. Can't remember the town / village it passed through though.

The Camino dos Faros passes through Muxia and ends at Finisterre. This spring my husband and I spent 5 days in Muxia and did some day hikes on the Faros. Wonderful walking.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Walk to Finisterre, then take another day to walk walk north to Muxia, as I did! It’s 37km, but you should be track fit enough to do it as a final effort. There are some nice Atlantic beaches you can divert to en route. The Restaurante & Bar A Braña on the northwest outskirts of Santo Estevo de Lires (at about the half way mark) provided a nice lunch on the last day of my walk. There are several places there you can overnight at if you want to split that distance.
Also, on the day I reached Finisterre, it was hot and dead calm, and a swim in the sea at one of the deserted sandy coves was a delight, but likely not a safe or enjoyable option at this time of year…

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Walk to Finisterre, then take another day to walk walk north to Muxia, as I did! It’s 37km,
According to Gronze.com, it's 27.8km

Oops, mistyped…

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back