• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to do when you can't walk?

Terri B

Time of past OR future Camino
1998 St Cuthberts Way, 1999 West Highland Way, 2016 & 2019 SJPDP to Santiago, 2020 Porto to Santiago
Hi all, I attempted the Camino Frances in 2016 and due to some medical hiccups I had to bus two sections. I plan to return in 2019, but at the moment am recovering from abdominal surgery and can't walk too far. So what to do, a friend found me this great jigsaw puzzle recently and it has kept the Camino fresh in my mind while I recover. Hopefully I'll be back out there trains soon. Buen Caminoimage.jpeg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Terri, get well soon. Camino will be there for you.
Take it easy. You will soon be on a camino again.

Great puzzle! Love it.

Last year I had to take a break due to leg injury on the Portuguese.

Ended up in Ponte De Lima for four days. Stayed in a room above pizza place.

Drove me nuts.

The pizza was good. And, Ponte De Lima is a great place to be stuck.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
ONLY two years?? Some people rush where others fear to tread.....

;):)
Sorry, but I'm pedantic when it comes to planning. It also coincided with a zero birthday and I also had to save up some leave.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Sorry, but I'm pedantic when it comes to planning. It also coincided with a zero birthday and I also had to save up some leave.

Hi Terri, I'm well over 2 years pre-planning now, may even take a decade....

I've just looked! 5 different puzzles and two sources. Media Store House and zazzle.co.uk. I couldn't resist it!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all, I attempted the Camino Frances in 2016 and due to some medical hiccups I had to bus two sections. I plan to return in 2019, but at the moment am recovering from abdominal surgery and can't walk too far. So what to do, a friend found me this great jigsaw puzzle recently and it has kept the Camino fresh in my mind while I recover. Hopefully I'll be back out there trains soon. Buen CaminoView attachment 40836

2019 long way away. Get better and fitter. As a former camino walker you can do same again walk when able. The Camino will always be there BUT will we

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The Camino will wait for you. And where is that fabulous puzzle from?!
A friend found it at a garage sale. It was made in 2009 by a German company called Ravensburger.

Once your doctor gives the ok, train like you’re training for a marathon of walking. Start with one block every morning for a week, then two, then three, then maybe you’re up to a mile on your 4th week, or maybe you need to go slower. 2019 is so many weeks away and you have time! Take it slow at first and don’t rush because that’s how ppl re injure themselves. I guess your Camino is starting now during that training period. Btw I’m not medical professional so take my advice with a grain of salt, but this is what I would do in your situation if my doctor gave the ok.

Worse comes to worse, your Camino might be shorter. I had friends who had to do only about 10-15km/day because of medical issues. You make your own Camino!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi all, I attempted the Camino Frances in 2016 and due to some medical hiccups I had to bus two sections. I plan to return in 2019, but at the moment am recovering from abdominal surgery and can't walk too far. So what to do, a friend found me this great jigsaw puzzle recently and it has kept the Camino fresh in my mind while I recover. Hopefully I'll be back out there trains soon. Buen CaminoView attachment 40836
Hi Terry, the remain of the Apostle Santiago are there since at least 814 AD, so I would not hurry, get better and then you will be able to let your pilgrimage begin with the blessing of Santiago.
Ultreia;)

Terri, Hang in there. Be patient and give it time. The soonest I can go again is 2021, which is a Holy Year for the Camino, I have that to look forward to. In the meantime follow others and live vicariously on their journey through social media and dream. You’ll be out there in God’s time. Focus in getting well!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back