• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What to make for a pilgrim

jgiesbrecht

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, Fisterra, Muxia Sept-Oct 2020
So I leave next weekend for my Camino and a friend of mine bought a piece of fabric not too huge I don't even remember specifically how big like maybe like 2 feet by 2 feet or something tops.... anyway she wants to make something small it doesn't have to use all the fabric but for me to take with me. I have all the items that I need like Buffs and stuff like that stop... Does anyone have any suggestions on something she could make.... I told her like worst cases we can even make like a few little ties or even just take some of the fabric for a sweat rag I know that's not the most appealing thing but just really trying to think of something that we could do with it for me to bring along.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
What about taking it as is, it could cover you in an emergency, provide privacy around your bunk, dry you after a shower...protect your shoulders from a blazing sun... be a sheet, or a cover, or as above, a pillow cover. You will find many uses. If it is too heavy, take a square and use it as a reminder of the good wishes of your friend!

As @kirkie suggests!

If you took just a tiny square as a token remembrance of your friend, have her put a hem around it and then you can stitch it onto the outside of your pack as a badge.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a lovely thought. I have a small fabric bag with a strap, just large enough for credencial, passport, phone and money, which can slip in a backpack inner pocket, be used as a bag in the evening or worn under clothing when travelling. Another thought would be a headscarf: there's a pattern for one with a visor. Love the other ideas.

I made my husband's and my pilgrim shells for our first camino. We didn't know where we could get scallop shells at the time and didn't really consider that we could buy them when we got to SJPP. We bought real shells and carried both, but those homemade shells really have meant a lot to us. They symbolize the adventure we undertook with that first camino! You can see my husband's on his pack strap in this pic!homemade shell.JPG

Maybe a small toiletries bag?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
So I leave next weekend for my Camino and a friend of mine bought a piece of fabric not too huge I don't even remember specifically how big like maybe like 2 feet by 2 feet or something tops.... anyway she wants to make something small it doesn't have to use all the fabric but for me to take with me. I have all the items that I need like Buffs and stuff like that stop... Does anyone have any suggestions on something she could make.... I told her like worst cases we can even make like a few little ties or even just take some of the fabric for a sweat rag I know that's not the most appealing thing but just really trying to think of something that we could do with it for me to bring along.
If it is absorbent, it could be used as a towel. If it is mesh, it could be used as a veil held in place on your head by your hat, to keep annoying insects away.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back