• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What weather website to use?

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
Hi, fellow pilgrims and bacpackers!

That is actually the question for those that have already walked then Camino, but all the rest can post their observations also. Both are more than welcome.

Which weather website are you using while on the Camino??? If any at all :)

At home and on my previous Camino I was regularly on http://www.wunderground.com. Found that veryvery accurate.

Ultreia!

B.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola,
Just back after a month on Camino Frances, I used tiempo.com which I found very good. I hope it will forecast better weather for you than it did for me !!!!
Slán.
Des :lol:

Re: Re: What weather website to use?

KinkyOne said:
Hi, fellow pilgrims and bacpackers!

That is actually the question for those that have already walked then Camino, but all the rest can post their observations also. Both are more than welcome.

Which weather website are you using while on the Camino??? If any at all :)

At home and on my previous Camino I was regularly on http://www.wunderground.com. Found that veryvery accurate.

Ultreia!

B.
Although I'm a Camino rookie and will be doing my first in four weeks time, the advice I've received here in the forum has been to use wunderground. They've also got an app which can be downloaded for a smartphone from Google Play. The weather reports for where I live in Germany in comparison to weather.de have been largely inaccurate, but maybe that's just this area. Wunderground does however have the weather history from the last several years, and looking at the history for Pamplona for example has helped me anticipate the possible minimum and maximum temperatures for a particular month. But the weather can be somewhat hard to predict I'm told, especially in Galacia.

Cheers

The German

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I use the apps I got on my iPhone.
I think it's fun to see how the weather is right now, in the cities around the camino.
The best one I think, is AeroWeather. I got the pro version. With that you can see exact temperature, wind speed etc on the airports, and also pics from webcams around the area. You can se pics of the cathedral in Santiago, even inside.
I love it. I check it a couple of times everyday. :)

I carry a piece of chain (not really :) )

I tie it to a tree. If its wet then its raining, If its got frost on it then its cold. If it glitters its sunny. If it rattles its windy. If it stands out perpendicular you likely won't want to be wearing a hat.

Website? What for? You are going to walk rain or shine so what difference does the forecast make?

:lol: thank you for today's first laugh!

When I was on holiday at the Azores, the guide told us that when the cows were laying down, it would soon start raining. That was funny, as I believe that's something farmers everywhere say, but she said it was the cows from the Azores who were special and could figure out the weather.
That made me laugh, too. :D

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
@whariwharangi
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I know that way of weather prognosis but in form of a piece of rock. :D It is largely used in our mountains, hahaha.

Must admit I had a lot of luck with weather on my Camino. Almost no rain, very sunny and freezing wind on the Meseta and Fisterra. But in the case of unstable weather (for example - fog or rain drizzle in the first hour of walk and later on sunny) I can much more easily decide what to wear so I wouldn't have to change every two hours :wink:

Re: Re: What weather website to use?

whariwharangi said:
I carry a piece of chain (not really :) )

I tie it to a tree. If its wet then its raining, If its got frost on it then its cold. If it glitters its sunny. If it rattles its windy. If it stands out perpendicular you likely won't want to be wearing a hat.

Website? What for? You are going to walk rain or shine so what difference does the forecast make?
Well first of all it would give you a good indication if what it is you need to pack... Not to mention knowing the conditions one is likely to encounter when taking the Napoleon Route to Roncesvalles. I'm sure the guys from the mountain rescue team would be very interested in chain-theory.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back