• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What will be the next one...#help

MarcelWals

Walking a Camino = a way of living...
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances,Portugues,Finisterre-Muxia,Ingles,Primitiv
20161011_130149.jpg View attachment 30125 After I returned from my Camino Frances one thing was very clear: I will come back! It's about 3 weeks I am back home now and daily I am thinking back on my Camino. How great(full) was that! Such a difference in 'real, hard life'. I learned from it and people around me noticed that. Wich gives me a good feeling also. Words like 'patience', 'gratefullness' and 'compassion for myself' I learned during my trip. It was unbelievable. Still writing my story (including foto's) for myself and family.

Now the most difficult thing here. What will my next Camino be??? At the moment I really have no idea ?!?
will it be the Camino Portugues, Del Norte, CAmino Primitivo? I have no idea.... :)

I know that you can't help me with this decision I have to make, but I like to share it with you. Is this a normal feeling? That you don't know what to choose? Do you recognice this? Secretely I hope you will convince me where to go in 2017... :)

Hope to hear from you.

Buen Camino!

Marcel

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I'm an oldie Marcel and walked the Camino a decade ago
It changed my daily, weekly and yearly thoughts .
Life is simple mate , and this is what the camino teaches.
When i got home after 44 days walking to Muxia i had a wardrobe with 20 shirts:eek: and half i had not worn for 6 months.
Just looked and smiled and my brother in laws enjoyed the early Christmas presents.

Primitivo is SINCERE
Le Puy is beautiful.
May you enjoy the years ahead , you have the right attitude.

May you enjoy the years ahead , you have the right attitude.

Thank you for the kind words. The funny thing is that I just updated my wardrobe last week and tomorrow I will bring lots of (hardly new) clothes to a company who needs it for helping others. Thank you also for the advice

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Marcel, it sounds as though your Camino was a life-changing experience and that you're still experiencing its great gifts. Allow those thoughts and feelings to settle in the coming weeks and months, as you process and live those great lessons. What you've described sounds very normal to me - but beware, you may have caught the incurable Camino addiction :)

As to which Camino you might walk next - what a wonderful dilemma! If you visit this forum from time to time, you can read other members' comments about their journeys. You might feel drawn towards a particular route - that's how it worked for me. I don't make any firm plans at the end of a Camino; I just wait and see how I feel and where my thoughts seem to be heading. Also, I no longer feel any sense of urgency about any of this, since I know that I will hopefully walk at least part of a Camino every year for the foreseeable future.

As to which Camino you might walk next - what a wonderful dilemma! I just wait and see how I feel and where my thoughts seem to be heading.

Exactly what my 'plan' was. Thank you for the advice and kind words.

Marcel

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
View attachment 30126 View attachment 30125 After I returned from my Camino Frances one thing was very clear: I will come back! It's about 3 weeks I am back home now and daily I am thinking back on my Camino. How great(full) was that! Such a difference in 'real, hard life'. I learned from it and people around me noticed that. Wich gives me a good feeling also. Words like 'patience', 'gratefullness' and 'compassion for myself' I learned during my trip. It was unbelievable. Still writing my story (including foto's) for myself and family.

Now the most difficult thing here. What will my next Camino be??? At the moment I really have no idea ?!?
will it be the Camino Portugues, Del Norte, CAmino Primitivo? I have no idea.... :)

I know that you can't help me with this decision I have to make, but I like to share it with you. Is this a normal feeling? That you don't know what to choose? Do you recognice this? Secretely I hope you will convince me where to go in 2017... :)

Hope to hear from you.

Buen Camino!

Marcel

Hello Marcel,
I can understand it well. Camino is addicted. Perhaps you like the Via Podiensis from Le Puy to SPDP? Definitely

buen camino
Snoopy

I would plan depending on the time of the year, as spring gradually rises from the South to the North.

March and April are ideal for Via del la Plata, then
May is perfect for Meseta caminos (Madrid, Sanabrés, Francés),
June for the most northerly mountain caminos (Lebaniego Vadiniense, Salvador, Primitivo, Inglés),
July and August for tourists, then
September for Portuguese, Aragonés, Camino del Norte...

We are spoilt for choice!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Perhaps you like the Via Podiensis from Le Puy to SPDP?[/QUOTE said:
I will take a look at it. See what it feels to me. Thank you and welcome to the forum,Snoopy99

I would plan depending on the time of the year, as spring gradually rises from the South to the North.

March and April are ideal for Via del la Plata, then
May is perfect for Meseta caminos (Madrid, Sanabrés, Francés),
June for the most northerly mountain caminos (Lebaniego Vadiniense, Salvador, Primitivo, Inglés),
July and August for tourists, then
September for Portuguese, Aragonés, Camino del Norte...

We are spoilt for choice!

Thank you for the list per month. It will help me. And agree... we are spoilt :)

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I fell in love with the Norte! And will advocate for that route any chance I get! To walk on the ocean cliffs, to see the harbour villages and gaze at the ocean day after day was incredible. I finished my first Camino and started planning my second on the flight home and the lure of the ocean took me back to the Norte. The only downside of the Norte is that I have been on no other routes... can't leave the ocean!

When I retired from the military, so many people told me where I should move, and what I should do...and it was funny, that everyone's view of what would be good for me was--what they themselves loved. I'm sure you will be enjoying looking at all of your options over the coming months.

of course, the right one is the Primitivo (shhh, keep the secret:))

When I retired from the military, so many people told me where I should move, and what I should do...and it was funny, that everyone's view of what would be good for me was--what they themselves loved. I'm sure you will be enjoying looking at all of your options over the coming months.

of course, the right one is the Primitivo (shhh, keep the secret:))

Shhhh.....I won't tell anybody...;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked the camino that shall not be named and the day I came back I ordered a book from Ivar´s shop about the Camino Portugues.
I am not really planning but leave for Porto in May and really want to walk the secret camino again.....Stunning and beautiful as it was I feel drawn to do it again.

Del Norte...simply amazing :) I'll be doing the Primitivo next year!! Can't wait. Learning how to live in the "real" world is so hard. I'm 3 weeks back and just taking it day by day!

Del Norte...simply amazing :) I'll be doing the Primitivo next year!! Can't wait. Learning how to live in the "real" world is so hard. I'm 3 weeks back and just taking it day by day!

Thank you for the advice,Kimberley

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ahhhh.... to-well-known feelings of the return....
Not quoted yet, so to add to the confusion I'd say "Mozarabe", "Plata", "Sanabres", "Arles" and "Aragones"!

What are your heart and intuition telling you to do? Where are James and the Camino calling you from?
I believe here's where your answer awaits ;)

full

Whichever route you choose for your second Camino, recognize that there will be at most only 10% of the number of walkers you encountered on the Camino Frances. And correspondingly less infrastructure (ie, services available less frequently/at longer intervals). So this will be a very different pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back