• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What’s a Good Gite to Stay at in Le Puy?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I stayed at an accueil jacquaires (?) at 28 Rue Cardinal de Polignac which is near the cathedral and had private rooms and a dormitory. It was definitely not an Ibis but adequate.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed 10 km out of Le Puy with a host who kindly drove me to the Cathedral in the morning for the service and to commence my hike. It means I missed out in seeing anything of Le Puy, except what I saw on my way out and onto the trail. Bad decision.

I now have a good reason to go back one day, and to do the Le Puy Camino again!! So, I hope you stay in a good place and see more of this beautiful town than I did. Most people I met stayed for 2 days and loved it.

Ooh, sorry that happened @Lexicos … but, good reason to return as you say. We hope to walk the Le Puy again starting 1 October.

@Florida Bill - Le Puy en Velay is a wonderful town. And has a strong camino feel. I am not a religious pilgrim but starting your first day with the early morning pilgrims mass/blessing at the cathedral and walking from there is something special.

Lots of accomodation options and agree with recommendation to use gronze as a starting point. Enjoy. Bon chemin 😎

I stayed 2 nights in a AirBnB and it was a nightmare. The place had been trashed by vandals, there were knocks on my door late at night and then the host had the audacity to complain that I left 2 empty wine bottles that she had to dispose of. It turned me off to AirBnB forever.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Last fall I stayed at Gite St Francois for 2 nights before beginning the Via Podiensis. It has both private and small dorm style rooms - all single beds. They include a bagged breakfast and dinner during the week days (not weekend). Room and breakfast was 25 euro a night. It has a nice atmosphere, with an inner courtyard and a large dining/sitting area and kitchen. It's basic but is right beside the cathedral so you are right in the midst of the old city. I've heard that Gite St Georges is also a good place to stay. It is also very close to the Cathedral.

Yes Ibis is boring and adequate.
They do have a tendency to swap rooms around at the last minute which can be inconvenient if you have special needs .
A bed is a bed though , if you can have a good night's rest you will walk well the next day . Surely that is the main goal .

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back