Search 69,459 Camino Questions

What's Ingrid up to on the Camino Primitivo?

IngridF

Intrepid Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2015 ,2017, 2019
Since I am spending 3 months on the Camino next year... I will be pilgrim and hospitalera.

I should be fit enough after the Camino Aragones to make my way from Pamplona via transportation of some kind to Oviedo to walk the Primitivo in time to be in Santiago for July 1 for my volunteering at the Pilgrims office.

Back to the Primitivo August 1, to the albergue in Grado as hospitalera. Looking forward to talking my hometown lingo, since the other hospitalera is supposed to be from Austria.... (I grew up in Austria) "Na dos wert was" :D

Any quick advice for transportation from Pamplona to Oviedo would be greatly appreciated, in case you all have it at your finger tips.

172 days and counting....Ingrid

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No transport advice, but it would be wonderful to coincide somewhere. We've had a few near-misses...perhaps we can make it next year.
Buen Camino, Maggie

Oh what a summer you have planned. I envy you.

There are buses, bit it's long trip. Ironically Renfe shows much shorter trips, and at super prices. Just google away.

I pluged in "tren pamplona oviedo" and voila! Then add the date.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Since I am spending 3 months on the Camino next year... I will be pilgrim and hospitalera.

I should be fit enough after the Camino Aragones to make my way from Pamplona via transportation of some kind to Oviedo to walk the Primitivo in time to be in Santiago for July 1 for my volunteering at the Pilgrims office.

Back to the Primitivo August 1, to the albergue in Grado as hospitalera. Looking forward to talking my hometown lingo, since the other hospitalera is supposed to be from Austria.... (I grew up in Austria) "Na dos wert was" :D

Any quick advice for transportation from Pamplona to Oviedo would be greatly appreciated, in case you all have it at your finger tips.

172 days and counting....Ingrid
We used a ride system called blablacar.com last year for a ride from Lugo to Madrid (5 hours). Essentially, it is riding with someone who is already going that way--a ride share. Excellent experience. Reviews are posted so you have some idea of the person who is driving you. Cheaper than a train, more than a bus (but faster!).

We used a ride system called blablacar.com last year for a ride from Lugo to Madrid (5 hours). Essentially, it is riding with someone who is already going that way--a ride share. Excellent experience. Reviews are posted so you have some idea of the person who is driving you. Cheaper than a train, more than a bus (but faster!).

Is this the Spanish version of an Uber? It would be fun to travel across country with a local in their car.

No it isn't an Uber set up. Bla bla car is a set up where car drivers post their up coming journeys and the number of spaces they have to offer. You can also see whether the driver will allow, smoking / animals / play music and you can even choose whether you want a male or female driver. As mentioned earlier the drivers have to register and have reviews and are rated.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks, I was just looking at it. How long in advance to you place your order?

No it isn't an Uber set up. Bla bla car is a set up where car drivers post their up coming journeys and the number of spaces they have to offer. You can also see whether the driver will allow, smoking / animals / play music and you can even choose whether you want a male or female driver. As mentioned earlier the drivers have to register and have reviews and are rated.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was just looking at it. How long in advance to you place your order?
I have not used it but I think it's best to start looking a few days before you want to travel. I believe you can put in a request as well and receive alerts when a suitable ride comes on line.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

haha, ja des werd was werden :) i bin die hospitalera aus österreich :) freu mi schon sehr! allerdings hab ich mit rebekah ausgemacht, die 2. augusthälfte in grado zu sein. bleibst du den ganzen august? glg. verena :) verena.maringer@gmail.com oder https://www.facebook.com/verena.ma

ah Verena, alles wieder mal anders... wie halt der Camino manchmal tut. Habe grad herausgefunden das Rebekah mich in die letzten 2 Wochen eingeteilt hat, aber zuerst waren es die 1st 2 Wochen. Ich flieg am schon 21 August wieder heim. So haben sich die Daten bei mir veraendered... Ich machs die letzten 2 Wochen im Juli jetzt. Ich hab mi schon so gfreut wieder mal kartnarish zu reden.
Trotzdem, ich werd dich trotzdem wahrscheinlich kennenlernen...ist ja net so weit, wenn mal in Galizian ist.

Ein besinnliches Weihnachtsfest, und einen Guten Rutsch ins Neue Jahr. Ingrid

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back