• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

What's the best guide?

DSouthard

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Catalan, (May-July 2012), Via Francigena (Barcelona to Rome - 2015), Via Francigena (Rome to Canterbury - 2016)
I'm looking for a guide for the Camino Mozarabe. I have the PDF download available here, but I'm wondering if there is a normal, bound guide in book form. Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi DSouthard,

In April I walked Almeria Merida without a guidebook.

However I consulted some websites before I left. Especially the sites of the amigos in Almeria and the one from Cordoba are are very useful.

http://almeriajacobea.blogspot.nl/

http://caminomozarabe.es/

There is on this sites a lot of information, route descriptions (sometimes in English), and ressources on albergues, hostals and so on.

GPX and maps I found for Almeria - Granada on the Almeria amigos website, mentioned above.

Between Granada and Almeria I used the Peter Robins GPX data, well-known on this forum. There are some differences on the ground, as the Camino is sometimes rerouted, but in general I found my way as the waymarking was amazingly good.

Not in all towns there are albergues but at the town hall, police station or in the first bar people always were helpful to tell me where to find accomodation for the night.

In this forum there are a few reports of people who walked the Mozarabe. Search at Kevin O'Brien, Magwood or my name and you'll find some additional info.

Buen camino.

Back