• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

When I Make it to Bilbao 25 May 2023 - Ride Share! or Help From This Amazing Forum!

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
SJPP to SdC, 2023
CF, 2024
Greetings to all!
25May2023, I arrive to Bilbao. Seems my best bet, outside of a VERY pricey taxi is to get myself to Pamploma, and then onto SJPP.
Would anyone be able to comment on whether, "in their humble opinion" (hahah, LOVE that!) it would be easy to make it there following a 1530 hours touchdown at the airport?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Alsa bus 18.30 Bilbao /Pamplona 22.30 .
One transfer in San Sebastian.
You could always just start your Camino in Pamplona.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There are so many ways to get to SJPdP from Bilbao, I won’t even begin to list them and I would not be looking for a ride share. I would start the journey with a night in San Sebastián doing a tapas crawl. Then the next morning train to the border, followed by train to Bayonne and then Bayonne to SJPdP by train. Look at Rome2Rio and break it down by each segment of the trip. They are not very good at hooking up trips to and from remote locations anymore

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Don is right lots of choices here. I personally would head for San Sebastion as well, you will need a night's sleep to get your clock straightened out. Make it two days there if you can, what's the hurry? From there, I would take either a Flixbus to Bayonne, then the train to SJPP, or the Feve to Hendaye, train to Bayonne, switching to SJPP. The key here is to take your time, it's not a race!

There are so many ways to get to SJPdP from Bilbao, I won’t even begin to list them and I would not be looking for a ride share. I would start the journey with a night in San Sebastián doing a tapas crawl. Then the next morning train to the border, followed by train to Bayonne and then Bayonne to SJPdP by train.
Hi, soooo...
...just cancelled night #1 in SJPP and decided to hang, per your suggestion, in San Sebastian! Pension Amara looks great!
Thanks for your help!
Train in the morning and the adventure begins in earnest with the Coquille Napolean in SJPP!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back