• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

When it is not busy and the weather is decent

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

With the November statistics available, I think the answer is to leave at the end of October if crowds bother you. You will be able to experience the "primary" camino without any bed race (not that it should be a worry anytime during the year). There will be some other pilgrims, 40 to 100 per day, and some albergues will be closing on October 31, but all pressure on finding accommodations will be gone.

The weather will be turning cooler, and there may be days of rain or cold, but generally, the weather will be quite acceptable if you have gloves, a poncho, and layers of clothes.

You will arrive in Santiago at the end of November with fewer than 100 pilgrims per day. About 25% of the pilgrims will have started at O Cebreiro or later, so the Camino Frances will be even less crowded until that final stretch.

You can have it all: companions, leisure, good weather, generally open accommodations, few snorers, empty dormitories, short days, and stages that can end at destinations that might be really crowded in the spring or summer.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi all
Totally agree. Any leaving SJPDP Mid Oct this year would have crossed with 100 on the first day . This would as a result of scattering give about 30 pilgrims staying in the Logrono Albergue 8 days later. There will be still some snorers!. No rain fell during walking hours in that period and gloves were not worn. The situation is generally the same late March even though it may be cooler.
All Municipal albergues in Galicia are heated in winter. Autumn and Spring is the way to go.
Justin

I started from Roncesvalles in early March (3rd or 4th) in 2008. I like cooler weather and thought the weather was pleasant for walking. There were a couple of cold/snowy days but generally it was pleasant. I had very little rain as well and thought it was a great time to walk.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back