Search 69,459 Camino Questions

When to walk?

LMH27

I was going to go at the end of September to avoid the heat and crowds (even though they're not as bad on the primivito) but I can no longer go then, what's the latest I can go this side of the summer to get the same effect? Late May? Or would it have to be earlier?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've walked both Spring and Fall and my favorite time has become Spring. April/May. The wildflowers are SPECTACULAR! There are no bedbugs to speak of. There are fewer pilgrims. The weather is nice and cool. I love Spring! Maybe you should post a poll :)

Desde mediados de mayo hasta finales de junio, es cuando el campo más verde y bonito, junto al otoño, está el campo. Por esas fechas no deberías tener problemas en los albergues.

From mid-May to late June is when the green and beautiful countryside, next to Fall, it is the field. At that time you should have no problems in hostels.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola

I'd say plan to go when you actually feel for it instead of planning to avoid crowds.
Primitivo isn't that overcrowded and there are plenty of options to get a bed, food and such :)

Buen camino
Lettinggo

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back