Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

When was Albergue Orisson built?

Walli Walker

Past OR future Camino
Frances '2009',Portuguese '2015', Ingles '2015', Fin and Muxia '2015'. Camino from Granada '2017'.
Hi everyone,
I've just started reading ' To The Field Of Stars' by Kevin A. Codd. He walked the Frances in 2003 and there is no mention of Orisson which made me wonder when it was built. We stayed there in 2009 and loved the place.
We will be walking from Porto on 1st June and hope to also walk the Ingles from Ferrol and out to Finisterre.
Coming all the way from Australia we have to make the most of our airfare!
Thankyou for all the wonderful information on this forum, I visit every day.
Jacki.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Yes, it was not there in 2001 or 2003, but I remember passing it it 2004 although we stayed at Honto

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Yes, it was not there in 2001 or 2003, but I remember passing it it 2004 although we stayed at Honto

The original structure used by shepherds WAS there but not as re purposed by Jean-Jaques Etchandy for pilgrim use as a refuge !!

Walli Walker

Past OR future Camino
Frances '2009',Portuguese '2015', Ingles '2015', Fin and Muxia '2015'. Camino from Granada '2017'.
Thank you Kanga and ms path.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Kanga

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I'm sure it was @mspath - I did not mean there was no building, just that I did not notice it until 2004 when there were pilgrims coming out as we went past. I was probably huffing and puffing too much to notice the building before.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads