• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino When you find yourself on the camino in high heels and pen skirt

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I had the same feeling outside the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwekathedraal in Antwerp some years ago. I was back in Belgium visiting friends from when I lived there and happened to attend a Mass at the Cathedral.

After Mass, when I came out, I looked down at the cobblestone pavement only to see an embedded bronze shall marker. Of course I followed it...to the next one... and thence for an hour or so, until the path left Antwerp south along the River Scheldt. At that point, I realized this was not going to end well if I kept walking. So, I reluctantly stopped and returned to my activities.

It CAN be addictive.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
hmmmm FWIW, I have come across a couple of peregrinas on the Camino, walking, in a dress or skirt and in heels.

Much surprise of course, but great respect.

And the male equivalent, pilgrims in business suits too ...

hmmmm FWIW, I have come across a couple of peregrinas on the Camino, walking, in a dress or skirt and in heels.

Much surprise of course, but great respect.

And the male equivalent, pilgrims in business suits too ...
Nah, @JabbaPapa you are joking :D

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Two weeks ago, leaving Padron, I caught up with a woman peregrino wearing a long skirt and sandals.

My better half and I did the Sanabria in May 2018 which was our second Camino. We followed this up by walking the Pieterpad in the Netherlands in June 2018. In Rolde, we came across the first of many (photos near Millingen en de Rijn, Venlo, Swalman) we would see as we headed south. By the time we got to Maastricht, we jokingly asked each other if we should keep going and forget our flight home. 🤔🤔🤣🤣

Attachments

• 8AE61455-CBF2-4FF6-96A4-714A5BB5C9BC.jpeg
    8AE61455-CBF2-4FF6-96A4-714A5BB5C9BC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 4B17FD79-B68F-4164-A641-F66D58295A9F.jpeg
    4B17FD79-B68F-4164-A641-F66D58295A9F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 27
  • D585BE88-A3AC-45DA-8FDC-4A81B4C910B7.jpeg
    D585BE88-A3AC-45DA-8FDC-4A81B4C910B7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 832363C5-CD25-42E8-8BDD-CEF31D4C0F11.jpeg
    832363C5-CD25-42E8-8BDD-CEF31D4C0F11.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 25
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Had a similar experience in Marciac when I visited in the summer - my daughter lives nearby. Visited one of the churches and found a display about the Le Puy. It never crossed my mind! Visiting again at Christmas and plan to escape for a couple of days walking - bliss🚶‍♂️

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
A dinner jacket is always part of my walking kit, you never know when you might need it.

Absolutely old chap! I went to dine one evening and found my man had forgotten to pack my dinner jacket in the steamer trunk. Would have discharged the wretch on the spot, however I needed him to carry the trunk on his back. Docked his wages and gave him a jolly good thrashing though. 😊

Stumbled across this in the countryside outside the little village of Schwarzenburg in the Bernese Oberland (Switzerland), while on one of my Sunday rambles.

A little daunting.JPG

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hmm 1700 sound like a nice distance. Hmmm... maybe starting in the lans of chocolate, cheese and clocks next time :)

If God spares me, I'm going to take a crack at the Gebennensis (Geneva) before I'm many years older. The trail—waymarked and all—passed a mere twenty metres from the front door of my last flat in the Rue de la Tour. A source of twice-daily torment on my commute to work.

You can literally navigate your way out of Geneva just by following the small and inconspicuous scallop-shell waymarkers (they're bundled with the hiking-route signs), although they take you all over hell's half acre while doing so.

Two weeks ago, leaving Padron, I caught up with a woman peregrino wearing a long skirt and sandals.
But that is standard clothing on my caminos. Sandals and long skirt.
If God spares me, I'm going to take a crack at the Gebennensis (Geneva) before I'm many years older. The trail—waymarked and all—passed a mere twenty metres from the front door of my last flat in the Rue de la Tour. A source of twice-daily torment on my commute to work.

You can literally navigate your way out of Geneva just by following the small and inconspicuous scallop-shell waymarkers (they're bundled with the hiking-route signs), although they take you all over hell's half acre while doing so.
How long would that be? Roughly 1850-1900 km? (Approx 50 days). Hmm I have 6 weeks of vacation, around 10 days flex time to use. That is 8 weeks. But one downside I’m not longing back from camino Francés.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
How long would that be? Roughly 1850-1900 km?

Yes, roughly that. Word has it that the French part is difficult: one is constantly ascending and descending hills. I've been thinking two months for the entire journey. So I may have to do it spread out over a couple of years.

I agree about the Francés. I think I'd plug into the Norte at Irún, and go that way instead.

Yes, roughly that. Word has it that the French part is difficult: one is constantly ascending and descending hills. I've been thinking two months for the entire journey. So I may have to do it spread out over a couple of years.

I agree about the Francés. I think I'd plug into the Norte at Irún, and go that way instead.
Im used to ups and downs from Mozárabe, San Salvador and Norte. I liked Norte when it comes to nature etc.

High heels and skirt, my favorite attire but not on myself of course.

Seriously I'm surprised more don't opt to wear skirts or dresses for walking as I think they'd be more practical, lightweight and cooler. I know some wear Macabi ones but I don't think you really need a technical walking skirt or dress.

€149,-
High heels and skirt, my favorite attire but not on myself of course.

Seriously I'm surprised more don't opt to wear skirts or dresses for walking as I think they'd be more practical, lightweight and cooler. I know some wear Macabi ones but I don't think you really need a technical walking skirt or dress.
I use Macabi for 3 reasons; it is water resistant in light rain, it has huge pockets where I can carry nuts, guidebook and some other stuff I need frequently during a day and I can easily switch between long and short skirt. Normally I have it as short but in rain, winds and chilly weather as well as bushy terrain I wear it long. One more great benefit if that it is so much easier to pee outdoors with skirt but that goes for most skirts. Some opt out on skirt due to shafting.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Sorry, I mis-read that post. I can’t recall if I saw any men in kilts, but I know there are those who wear them, and much written about it.

“It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door…You step into the Road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.”
Thank you for posting this quote, I was thinking of it while reading this thread. You saved me from looking it up.
I had the same feeling a few years ago at the south rim of the Grand Canyon as I walked "just a little way" down the trail.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back