Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Where are the May Francés pilgrims?

Book your Bus ticket here

Past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
Recently, I’ve been regularly scrolling New Posts looking for members posting “Live From The Camino Francés”. Strange that there are so few threads. I’m enjoying Lindsey’s posts and photos, but where is everyone else? I’m feeling deprived!

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Bicycle Pilgrim

Past OR future Camino
1989. Planning cycling pilgrimage in May/June 2022
Recently, I’ve been regularly scrolling New Posts looking for members posting “Live From The Camino Francés”. Strange that there are so few threads. I’m enjoying Lindsey’s posts and photos, but where is everyone else? I’m feeling deprived!
Greetings from two bicigrinos (who try to be considerate of peregrinos!) there are plenty of Peregrinos on the Camino Francès, thoigh not many Brits. We’ve taken a detour today to Yuso and Suso monasteries: fanstastic!

Attachments

• 7D7AFE14-FAC9-4C2B-9494-A32A1B2EBB8F.jpeg
    7D7AFE14-FAC9-4C2B-9494-A32A1B2EBB8F.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 46
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

GailGwyn

Past OR future Camino
part Camino Frances (2013), Part Camino Norte (2014)Camino Frances (2019)Camino Portuguese (2020)
We're in the Fisherman's Lodge, in Ambasmestas. It's very hot and we've walked 34.5kms today. Walk up to O Cebreiro tomorrow. Reccomend this albergue. Got twin room in a row of wooden chalets. Big garden and a pond. Clean and reasonable.

Scarlet Fez

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2016, Portuguese 2017, Del Norde 2018
Greetings from two bicigrinos (who try to be considerate of peregrinos!) there are plenty of Peregrinos on the Camino Francès, thoigh not many Brits. We’ve taken a detour today to Yuso and Suso monasteries: fanstastic!
When I walked CF from SJ to Santiago in September/October 2016 I can say from start to finish I met and spoke to whilst walking or over a coffee/beer etc as little as 15 Brits. Didnt bother me in the slightest of course, had the pleasure of meeting folk from all over the world. The Group of friends I did make we adopted a house rule, no phones at the table as quite rightly many found it unsociable.
Horses for courses as they say.

Bradypus

Migratory hermit
Past OR future Camino
Too many and too often!
When I walked CF from SJ to Santiago in September/October 2016 I can say from start to finish I met and spoke to whilst walking or over a coffee/beer etc as little as 15 Brits.
Despite living pretty close to the Caminos we Brits are a surprisingly small % of the total. Way outnumbered by Americans. Not that far ahead of Korea and Ireland: a surprise given how far distant Korea is and how much smaller the population of Ireland is. These figures come from the 2019 statistics summary.

Screenshot_2022-05-28-21-17-06-418~2.jpg

Schamber

Past OR future Camino
May and June 2022
I’m in the Camino! I’ll go and post soon

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

Scarlet Fez

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2016, Portuguese 2017, Del Norde 2018
I’m in the Camino! I’ll go and post soon
As nice as it is to get live updates from the Camino its far more more important that you savour the experiences and not be stuck on your phones. I used to do the odd social media update after 10pm lock down and nights out before I drifted off into a well earned sleep.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads