• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where are the peregrinos?

ScaryB4Coffee

Put your feet up after walking. It's good for you.
Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte May/June (2016)
Frances September (2018)
I'm in Bilbao, on my way tomorrow to San Sebastian. I thought I'd see at least one pilgrim at the airport or on the street. Nada. I saw one back pack on the carousel that had safety pins hanging off it. Suspicious. Then I found out my bag was in another room. Hope to see someone soon. I'm lonely.o_O

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I'm in Bilbao, on my way tomorrow to San Sebastian. I thought I'd see at least one pilgrim at the airport or on the street. Nada. I saw one back pack on the carousel that had safety pins hanging off it. Suspicious. Then I found out my bag was in another room. Hope to see someone soon. I'm lonely.o_O
At this hour of the day they are enjoying a menu del dia and will get to the albergue later in the afternoon, evening, after drinks in the old town and a walk along the river. Also, as there are many sleeping options, in better locations than the pilgrim albergues, they may be sleeping elsewhere, I know I did.

Get out there and do the same. Some of the best food to be had in Spain in is Bilbao.

It's sometimes hard to connect in Bilbao or San Sebastián, especially in the off-season when the albergue de peregrinos is closed. Pilgrims tend to disperse to lots of different accommodations and get lost in the city. Irún's a helpful place to start for that reason. But, once you're on the trail you'll start finding your people!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

San Sebastián is diffcult finding accomodation "off season" (off pilgrim-season). There's an albergue juvenil that is easily filled up with youngsters and, when I was there, every other hotel in town was occupied by tourists. Had to get a room at a pensión at a few kilometers outside town. Oh, anyway. Did you complete your Camino?

/BP

San Sebastián is diffcult finding accomodation "off season" (off pilgrim-season). There's an albergue juvenil that is easily filled up with youngsters and, when I was there, every other hotel in town was occupied by tourists. Had to get a room at a pensión at a few kilometers outside town. Oh, anyway. Did you complete your Camino?

/BP
I got severe tendonitis on my shin so I had to rest for almost a week. In La Isla now.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Okay, so you are still upp and running? Hope your feet are fine. Please let us know.

/BP
My leg held up yesterday in the pouring rain. My real problem now is to keep fromgetting lost.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back