• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did the "Recent" button go?

• Thread starter Anemone del Camino
  • Start date
A

Anemone del Camino

Can't see the "Recent" button anymore, the one that looked like the "Latest" one...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Check "new posts" for recent posts

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Can't see the "Recent" button anymore, the one that looked like the "Latest" one...
The buttons have changed in size, and the "Recent" is now regular font and harder to pick out. It is right above "Sign up for a". Maybe this happened when the Forum Rules were promoted! A few months ago, someone thought the "Recent" wasn't obvious enough so it was promoted and the "New" button was demoted.
screen.png

A few months ago, someone thought the "Recent" wasn't obvious enough so it was promoted and the "New" button was demoted.
View attachment 31597
You have good eyesight. Those pages are so full it's hard to see little titles. I liked that you could intuitively switch back and forth between Recent and Alerts. But St-Mike will be happ: look at the size of the Rules button! Almost as big as the donation one ;).

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Its under Camino guides and to the left of Private Conversations. Ivar re-jigged to provide a button for the Forum Rules so people could see them easily.

You have good eyesight. Those pages are so full it's hard to see little titles. I liked that you could intuitively switch back and forth between Recent and Alerts. But St-Mike will be happ: look at the size of the Rules button! Almost as big as the donation one ;).

Thanks for the info.
I find this a disappointing change. I regularly use the recent posts - far more often than I ever need to refer to the Forum Rules. Now the Forum Rules button is something like 20 times larger just to satisfy those who couldn't find it even when it was reasonably centrally located, albeit in the same font size etc as the recent posts link is now. It strikes me that there would be far more useful things to do with the screen 'real-estate' than give us a super large 'Forum Rules' button.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Some people couldn't see the Rules button and others didn't read them.
Neither of which, it seems to me, is a good reason for the change, particularly when it makes what I think is a more useful link difficult to find and use. I know that there is rarely a perfect solution to what needs prominence on a web page, but this change puzzles and bemuses me. The prominence of the Forum Rules buttons is now completely out of balance with the other, more useful, links.

A thought @wayfarer
Can you swap the Recent button with the daily email sign up , both position and size. On a small screen the new sizing and positioning of the frequently needed 'recent' link is too small and the sign up for daily emails is a 'one off use' is dominant.
Even better if it was back in its original position please.
Some people couldn't see the Rules button and others didn't read them.
The new rules button is good thank you.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi all,

I have just made the "recent post "link larger and given it a different color so that it is easier to find.

Hope this makes it easier to find :)
Ivar
Thank you Ivar (and Wayfarer). Both the Recent (and the new Forum Rules) now easy to see :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I think the change to enlarge the 'Rules' button is a good one, particularly for the many new members who are joining the forum by the day.

I wasn't aware of a 'recent posts' button until just now. I'm not sure it's in the best possible position, but it's great functionality that I will now make full use of in the future. Thanks for the awareness-raising thread.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.