• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk ( locally ) in 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Here it is not raining yet but the air is cold and feels wet, took care of my walk without getting wet. Have a good walk everyone, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you Miss K for the good looking photo. Walking is great! God bless you and your family.

Thanks Miss Y for the good looking photo. Hang in there, you WILL have the opportunity to observe your sunrise on El Camino (muchos of them). God bless you, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Good walk this morning and I was able to see all the way to the ocean from the Crest Lookout. Good to see the flowers alive and well. God bless you and your family.
20180403_081847.jpg

p.s. Going on travel for a few weeks, will post again when I get back, taking all my camino gear including backpack and baston de madera, and hopefully will get some good photos on the mountains and canyons.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
No walking this week due to 1000 workissues. But we went to a resto yesterday and had these delicious scallops.
Very apt seeing next weeks Camino.
So walking always on my mind...;)

Attachments

• 20180406_202507.jpg
    20180406_202507.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
Walking the local roads still as the ground is so wet. The water is still running down the road in many places.
More white violets and now primroses as well as gorse are in flower.

Attachments

• road walk.jpg
    road walk.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 10
  • primroses.jpg
    primroses.jpg
    402.5 KB · Views: 9
  • gorse.jpg
    gorse.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 9
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Plane first, then car, then train, and a lot of walking... where did I go? Not to tax your brains too much: I was in Coimbra, and from there went to Lisboa for a couple of days. The photo with the roof was taken in a building where academics were imprisoned, to save them from the vulgar mobs in ordinary prisons. It was in use till early C20. Typical crime: Plagiarising. As ever was. Portugal had an illustrious past, and this is shown in many of its wonderful historic buildings. For those with interest in the not serious thread, note the elephants... And the serious gent, courtesy of Rodin, in the Gulbenkian Museum, a treasure.
IMG_2263.jpgIMG_1644.jpgIMG_1645.jpgIMG_2172.jpgIMG_2173.jpgIMG_2230.jpg

Found this sign outside Canterbury Cathedral in England. Apparently Rome is only 1800 km away so thought I'd give it a try. Gave up at the coast after 30km as I didn't fancy a swim. Will try again from the other side of the Channel.

VF.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My local walk in southwest France takes me past this abandoned pigeonnier (dovecote) and the fields are full of various wildflowers, including these Lady Orchids. Impressive storm clouds on the horizon this morning but I was able to avoid the rain.

Attachments

• 397E4E3A-0F83-408D-84B5-30F3366E54A4.jpeg
    397E4E3A-0F83-408D-84B5-30F3366E54A4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • 91492A36-472D-49BD-8E94-6B36E1D19DFC.jpeg
    91492A36-472D-49BD-8E94-6B36E1D19DFC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 7E974A7A-2C73-406D-90E9-47947CCAA1A5.jpeg
    7E974A7A-2C73-406D-90E9-47947CCAA1A5.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
Feet on the ground on another continent!
A wonderful evening walk along the dykes North of Groningen (Our paths are mighty close, @Theatregal!)
The geese and all the shorebirds are moving north...it was very active out there!

Attachments

• IMG_8956.JPG
    IMG_8956.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8961.JPG
    IMG_8961.JPG
    256 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Walking with camino friends in Holland and then England before heading to Spain on April 23. This past week, near Groningen - a lovely walk that followed along a small part of the Pieterpad and to a hunebed in Drenthe.
View attachment 41019View attachment 41020View attachment 41021View attachment 41022View attachment 41023View attachment 41024View attachment 41025
Hi Theatregal,
Our paths are not quite crossing . . . You are in Europe and I’ll be heading for Vancouver soon. I will try to (re)visit some of the places you have highlighted in your posts. Enjoy your time in the Netherlands and Buen Camino in Spain!

This is my walks the last couple of days:

Short 4-5 km walks around my small Island of Trossö.

Friday even smaller walk around my car when I changed the tires from winter to summer tires.

Saturday I rented a trailer and went to Kalmar to help a friend buy a new bedframe, and had a walk around IKEA.

Sunday walked to the gym and then went over to my friend to assemble the bed for him. So i strolled around the bedroom a few times..

And today we have amazing 18° C in the shadow. I have been down in the basement to bring my table and chairs out, and up and out to the balcony. No more winter! Now I´m going to have some lunch and then off for a walk to my allotment/garden to look if the birdhouses I biult have any birds in them yet. Then of to buy some flowers for the balkony.

Spring is in the air!

Däckbyte.JPEGGym.JPEGSängbygge 2.JPEGFågelholkar.JPEGBalkong.JPEG

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
An wonderful evening walk along the dykes North of Groningen (Our paths are mighty close, @Theatregal!)
The geese and all the shorebirds are moving north...it was very active out there!
Thats a long time ago that I walked there , how was it for you to walk there ?:cool:

how was it for you to walk there ?
It was fantastic, Peter, to be up on the dyke, the sea on one side and the (relatively) new land on the other - with the cool wind off the sea and walking on land so flat that all the lines of sight were disappearing to points far on the horizon. It felt like the meseta on steroids (and I do like the meseta). There were birds everywhere, too; geese, ducks, shorebirds...everyone headed north (@FamPed no doubt your birdhouses will soon have occupants, if they do not already!).
On the way back we drove through Pieteburen, with its beautiful church - and the beginning of the Pieterpad.

A wonderful evening walk along the dykes North of Groningen (Our paths are mighty close, @Theatregal!)
Beautiful!! Our paths are very close!! I walked here a few years ago - would love to go again - another trip! Love exploring this country!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Theatregal,
Our paths are not quite crossing . . . You are in Europe and I’ll be heading for Vancouver soon. I will try to (re)visit some of the places you have highlighted in your posts. Enjoy your time in the Netherlands and Buen Camino in Spain!
It would have been wonderful to meet you in Steveston for coffee! Another time maybe...if not on the camino sometime!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I've begun a more serious regimen on the Camino here, down from the top of the Maritime Alps at La Turbie down to the once-a-month Pilgrim Office at Carnolès by Menton on the Italian border of the Way to Rome.

Historic Camino on the ancient Aurelia that is, not the mountain-hugging GR route.

It is a beautiful training hike, filled with History & Tradition, simplicity and altitude, locality and love.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/camino-photos/via-aurelia-rest-stop-jpg.7657/full

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
20180410_130452.jpg
Greetings to the good decent people of this forum. Gorgeous weather in my walking area with temperature at 74f/23c., and not a cloud in the skies. During my walks I check for interesting/different type of road signs, today I took a photo of a good one. The Pacific Ocean is about two kilometers from this point, but this is a low elevation area. You do not see many of those signs here in the United States of America. I talk with mother nature during my walks, and count my blessings. Closing now, God Bless you and your family. And to all caminantes heading to Santiago de Compostela, ánimo, la luz de Dios alumbra su camino.

As the most of you know by now, my hometown is built on Islands.
Yesterday I went for a walk, I left my Island of Trossö, over the tiny Island Ekholmen, to the Island of Saltö, then on to the Island of Dragsö, were I went to a peninsula called Brändaholm.
There are the sweetest small red and white cottages with tiny gardens. They are just lovely! (IMHO) The sun was out for the most parts, but the winds where strong. In all I walked 9 km, and enjoyed every minute. :)

Do you want to see some picturesque photos from my walk yesterday? I thought so.. ;)

Brändaholm 10 April 2018 0.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 1.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 2.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 3.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 4.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 7.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 10.JPEGBrändaholm 10 April 2018 12.JPEG

I also found a Youtube video from Karlskrona Tourist Office.

As the most of you know by now, my hometown is built on Islands.
Yesterday I went for a walk, I left my Island of Trossö, over the tiny Island Ekholmen, to the Island of Saltö, then on to the Island of Dragsö, were I went to a peninsula called Brändaholm.
There are the sweetest small red and white cottages with tiny gardens. They are just lovely! (IMHO) The sun was out for the most parts, but the winds where strong. In all I walked 9 km, and enjoyed every minute. :)

Do you want to see some picturesque photos from my walk yesterday? I thought so.. ;)

View attachment 41090View attachment 41091View attachment 41092View attachment 41094View attachment 41095View attachment 41096View attachment 41097View attachment 41099

I also found a Youtube video from Karlskrona Tourist Office.
Beautiful! So lovely and tidy!

€149,-
A beautiful but very touching and somber walk today to the memorial at Kamp Westerbork. The daffodils are blooming, and spring is just beginning here - life (for now) has prevailed here and in the world. Long may it be so.
View attachment 41107

View attachment 41108
It's indeed very touching.
People can walk the " Westerbork pad " .
That begins at the Amsterdam central station and ends at Kamp Westerbork after 340km.
It's almost everywhere beside the train track as a remember off the transports to Kamp Westerbork .
For more info you can check the website,It's also in English.

www.westerborkpad.nl

€149,-
Weather yesterday was a lot better than it has been in the last week, so have backpack will travel. We did have a lot of rain overnight with some nice big puddles to wade through. I know it's nothing like the present VDLP but some are above the shoe.
Having done this walk so many times I didn't realise that I was encountering Yellow Arrows.
This next bit is not for the faint hearted.
Do the paths look familiar.

IMG_1001.jpgIMG_1002.jpgIMG_1005.jpgIMG_1006.jpg

This was the first walk I've done with a full weight backpack, I've been building up to it for a while. The total journey length was supposed to be in the region of 20 miles, but I have to confess I was shattered by the time I got to the 14 mile mark (age must be taking its toll (now where did my 60's g). I had to call for a pick up, but hay ho, plenty more training required for those long stretches on the VDLP.
I guess if I want to reduce my pack weight below 7.5 kg (including 1.5 kg of water) I might have to think about doing the full monty;)

Weather yesterday was a lot better than it has been in the last week, so have backpack will travel. We did have a lot of rain overnight with some nice big puddles to wade through. I know it's nothing like the present VDLP but some are above the shoe.
Having done this walk so many times I didn't realise that I was encountering Yellow Arrows.
This next bit is not for the faint hearted.
Do the paths look familiar.

View attachment 41132View attachment 41133View attachment 41134View attachment 41135

This was the first walk I've done with a full weight backpack, I've been building up to it for a while. The total journey length was supposed to be in the region of 20 miles, but I have to confess I was shattered by the time I got to the 14 mile mark (age must be taking its toll (now where did my 60's g). I had to call for a pick up, but hay ho, plenty more training required for those long stretches on the VDLP.
I guess if I want to reduce my pack weight below 7.5 kg (including 1.5 kg of water) I might have to think about doing the full monty;)
Waka, gently, Bentley! Mind yourself so you are ok for the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning I had an errand on the other side of the fjord and from there I had this beautiful view! Later I wanted to check the conditions on my favorite path by the river, but there are still snow and thick layers of ice. Not so nice walking there, slippery and wet.8472E709-AC57-4B69-B3D0-69B7DFC4C6F4.jpeg6663512E-ECD4-472F-9509-D82CF8115C35.jpeg351D5774-B696-4D9A-A99F-E1930BCE5F1D.jpegDDFCD35B-52D0-404C-8E3F-160FEBBDBC5C.jpeg

Buenas tardes to all the good decent people of this forum. Awesome weather. Today I went on a "slow but steady" walk, exactly what my body and mind needed. Catching up here with all the recently posted photos (thanks everyone for all the good photos). Also thanks Mister Peter for the link to the website of Kamp Westerbork. Good history refresher, we just cannot ignore history (those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it, attributed to Jorge Santayana). Time for me to close this note. God Bless you and your family. To all caminantes heading to Santiago de Compostela, ánimo, la luz de Dios alumbra su camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Spent the last couple of days walking the first part of the Walk of Wisdom path, starting at the Stevenskerk in Nijmegen. Incredibly beautiful first 35 km or so. Really wish I had time to walk the whole 136 km route. I’ll come back sometime to continue. Info on this walk here: www.walkofwisdom.org
View attachment 41191View attachment 41192View attachment 41193View attachment 41194View attachment 41195View attachment 41196View attachment 41197View attachment 41198View attachment 41199
Déjà vu.
Wish you well , Peter .

People can walk the " Westerbork pad " .
Thank you again, Peter. Already there is an unfolding idea (that came from someone else when I mentioned it) to walk the last part of this route as part of a retreat. And thinking...2020...perhaps to walk more or the entire length of it as a conscious walk of remembrance. We all find this very touching. And now it seems especially important.
Spent the last couple of days walking the first part of the Walk of Wisdom path, starting at the Stevenskerk in Nijmegen.
And then there is this........! It looks really special; thanks, @Theatregal !

€149,-
I had a great hike today with my hiking friends in Slovakia. We went from Donovaly to Spania Dolina - about 16km. Lovely weather, good company and a chance to get back into condition after the long winter.

Attachments

• IMG_20180414_095710.jpg
    IMG_20180414_095710.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180414_094549.jpg
    IMG_20180414_094549.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 11
I walked about 20km. between the flowers today .
And they smell great.

Attachments

• 20180414_092114.jpg
    20180414_092114.jpg
    960.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180414_092110.jpg
    20180414_092110.jpg
    992.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180414_092046.jpg
    20180414_092046.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20180414_091132.jpg
    20180414_091132.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 4
  • 20180414_091503.jpg
    20180414_091503.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20180414_092041-EFFECTS.jpg
    20180414_092041-EFFECTS.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
A good walk at the end of the week with several hills, one very steep. Coffee at the cafe at the local firefighters holiday and recovery centre at Harcombe House. All funds from the cafe go to the Firefighters charity.
Short walk around town today followed by a walk behind the lawnmower (at last) for Terry. The ground is finally drying out.
Photo:-
Looking towards the farm below Harcombe House which is hidden by the trees on the hill at centre.

Attachments

• harcombe.jpg
    harcombe.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 10
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Just back from a satisfying walk. Thanks to the forum family for your awesome photos. Today Spring is alive and well in front of Mi Casa Humilde, our buganvilia plants are full of flowers and the small birds are back with their beautiful songs. God less you and your family, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.
20180414_110526.jpg

I walked about 20km. between the flowers today .
Oh, they are gorgeous! Hyacinths and Narcissi...it must have smelled divine.
That is not quite happening up here, yet. Almost, though.
No walking either. Maybe tomorrow.

Slovakia has very nice mountains, @Frances Bat. I had no idea. Lovely!

And that was fast: welcome to Santiago, Sabine!! I hope your knee was OK. It's really nice to see the front of the cathedral now that it is finally beginning to lose the scaffolding...

€149,-
Spent the last couple of days walking the first part of the Walk of Wisdom path, starting at the Stevenskerk in Nijmegen. Incredibly beautiful first 35 km or so. Really wish I had time to walk the whole 136 km route. I’ll come back sometime to continue. Info on this walk here: www.walkofwisdom.org
View attachment 41191View attachment 41192View attachment 41193View attachment 41194View attachment 41195View attachment 41196View attachment 41197View attachment 41198View attachment 41199
Wow wonderful! we did the Nijmegen hike (4 days) back in 1988 and loved it!

Thanks Miss VN for the good looking photos. A lot of walking over concrete today, but we took care of business. Started under sunny skies and by the time I made it back it was all cloudy and super calm with Old Glory barely moving with the wind. God bless you, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

20180415_103550.jpg

€149,-
Buen dia to all caminantes. What a great day here! Good visibility all the way to the distant mountains, the city, and to the ocean. Blue skies, calm winds, temperature 56f/13c. Not kidding, today I needed a good walk to decompress my brain, so, overall a very satisfying walk this morning, covering a good distance--on my way home coming downhill I stopped at this point, said a prayer, and took this photo. Closing my post now, wishing YOU a good walk. God Bless you and your family.

Dia Claro.jpg

Coming back to warm Belgium after a gorgeous but wet and muddy Camino Ingles.
And the blossomseason is in full action attracting tourists from all over the country.
As with pilgrims on the Camino there are well and less well educated visitors...As is life.
24 Celsius here whereas Sunday I had 14 in Santiago...

Attachments

• 20180418_113812.jpg
    20180418_113812.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180418_112430.jpg
    20180418_112430.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180418_110017.jpg
    20180418_110017.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180418_105213.jpg
    20180418_105213.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20180418_110231.jpg
    20180418_110231.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Finally a sunny day to walk :). Not that far and no new pictures today.
However last night we had this sparrow hawk sitting on our fence. No need to walk to see wildlife. Sadly we think it is waiting for the baby blue-tits to emerge.

Attachments

• s-hawk.jpg
    s-hawk.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 10
  • s-hawk2.jpg
    s-hawk2.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 11
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Buen dia caminante! Good weather this morning, surrounded by innocent animals, and the birds announcing my presence as I passed by. Slow-paced walk--today during my walk I prayed for peace, and enjoyed Mother Nature. Interesting sign on trail courtesy, bikes yielding to walkers, and bike and walkers yielding to horses. Closing now, have a good day, God bless you and your family,.

Siga la flecha!.jpg

Coming back to warm Belgium after a gorgeous but wet and muddy Camino Ingles.
And the blossomseason is in full action attracting tourists from all over the country.
As with pilgrims on the Camino there are well and less well educated visitors...As is life.
24 Celsius here whereas Sunday I had 14 in Santiago...
Glorious!

. . . No need to walk to see wildlife . . .
Thanks for the photo of the hawk, and I concur, no need to walk to see wildlife. I see a hawk hiding on my tree about eight feet from my computer deck, just outside the glass window. He likes to take a break there, then he flies away to find some food. I leave him alone, I shall not interfere with Mother Nature. God bless you and your family, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

New Zealand being just a hop, skip and a jump away from Melbourne, Australia (in reality a 3hr plane trip), I thought why not see what amazing walks and scenery this country has to show off?! It did not disappoint! Photos cannot do justice for the many beautiful landscapes I was lucky enough to experience in my time spent there of recent days. Photos below are of my two most memorable walks: The Tongariro Alpine Crossing (North Island) and Rob Roy Glacier Track in Wanaka (South Island).

Attachments

• IMG_20180320_112322_322.jpg
    IMG_20180320_112322_322.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20180320_121813_783.jpg
    IMG_20180320_121813_783.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180320_121813_801.jpg
    IMG_20180320_121813_801.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180320_121813_813.jpg
    IMG_20180320_121813_813.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180320_121813_819.jpg
    IMG_20180320_121813_819.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180320_121813_836.jpg
    IMG_20180320_121813_836.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180402_222114_809.jpg
    IMG_20180402_222114_809.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180402_222114_823.jpg
    IMG_20180402_222114_823.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180402_222114_824.jpg
    IMG_20180402_222114_824.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180402_222114_807.jpg
    IMG_20180402_222114_807.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 11
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you for the nice photo. Good luck with the planning and execution of your upcoming camino. God bless you and your family.
Thank you, Sailor. The planning and prep is almost half the fun.

Glorious!

Cheers kirkie! Today another blossomwalk of five k.
Organised by our friends of the day activity centre and a regional walking federation.
Our patients and some of my workmates went out for a beautiful walk. Very proud of them seeing it was 27 degrees Celsius and taking into consideration that most of them take sometimes quite alot of medication.
No pics due to privacy reasons.
Also very happy to see the integration went so well : our people from sheltered living and alot of neighbours.

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you, @krisobn82 for the beautiful pics and the huge hit of nostalgia! Tongariro NP was once my weekend playground. But...OMG!OMG!...it looks like an ant trail now. I guess it's the same thing as the Camino.

And good on you, Sabine! Well done, you.
All I have is last evening's amble through the forest around the very beautiful centre where I am. I am too occupied with what I am doing to have time to walk much! But the weather has been glorious.20180418_234707.jpg

It's very nice to walk over to Naddi Village, 2,000 m. We can go down to the river, climb up to some temples, and pet the newly DSCN0945.JPGDSCN0948.JPG045.JPGIMG_0885.JPGfile1.jpeg sheep as we pass by. The rhododendrons are finished blooming, and there is still some snow on the Dhalaudars. It is so lovely.DSCN0945.JPGDSCN0948.JPG045.JPGIMG_0885.JPGfile1.jpeg

€46,-
Wow, wow, wow, awesome photos above, thanks to all forum members for your contribution to this great conversation. As far as my side of the house, rainy morning, but I was able to take care of my daily walk. Had to do a fast-paced walk in order to beat the rain (photo taken about two hours prior to the storm clouds arrival). Animo! No pares de caminar.

20180419_073156.jpg

It's very nice to walk over to Naddi Village, 2,000 m. We can go down to the river, climb up to some temples, and pet the newly View attachment 41606View attachment 41607View attachment 41608View attachment 41610View attachment 41611 sheep as we pass by. The rhododendrons are finished blooming, and there is still some snow on the Dhalaudars. It is so lovely.View attachment 41606View attachment 41607View attachment 41608View attachment 41610View attachment 41611
Thank you. a veritable feast for the eyes and the heart.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And I can only say I exceeded my daily target of 10,000 with only one photo to show for it. And the photo will not be of interest to anyone outside of Ireland really. It is of a plaque on a wall in Carlow railway station. It reads thus:
Screen Shot 2018-04-19 at 19.19.57.png
Later in the year you will see why I was near that plaque. And it was an absolutely glorious day. Will we have another such? This is Ireland, every day a surprise.

€46,-
It's very nice to walk over to Naddi Village, 2,000 m. We can go down to the river, climb up to some temples, and pet the newly View attachment 41606View attachment 41607View attachment 41608View attachment 41610View attachment 41611 sheep as we pass by. The rhododendrons are finished blooming, and there is still some snow on the Dhalaudars. It is so lovely.View attachment 41606View attachment 41607View attachment 41608View attachment 41610View attachment 41611
Lovely place to do your walks .
Thank you for sharing.

Another walk to Harcombe House and its cafe - the local respite and holiday centre for Firefighters and their families.
Photos this time show:-
the view across the final valley to the frm, cottage and house. The road keeps right, downhill then up past the white cottage (centre) and finally to the house itself (top right)
Harcombe House
view from the house
and finally - the cowslip in our own garden

Taking a forum break now. Happy walking to you all and God bless you

Attachments

• harcombe2.jpg
    harcombe2.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 7
  • harcombe3.jpg
    harcombe3.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 7
  • harcombe4.jpg
    harcombe4.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 7
  • cowslip.jpg
    cowslip.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 7
Buenos dias, caminantes! Satisfying walk this morning, gorgeous weather, not a single cloud in the skies. On the photo, a very quiet place, but this is dangerous terrain, someone placed a tall cruz de madera (wooden cross) on top of the canyon, possibly for protection. Closing now, wishing you a good walk, animo, no pares de caminar.

Cruz de Madera.jpg

€83,-
Peter, please can you show us where you walked today?
We know where you are and we all like that place. A lot.;)

I'm in Naarden for a several more weeks, with time to walk only for an evening, so I do a short ramble at sunset. The leaves are really coming out with this warm weather!20180420_202510.jpg20180420_202654.jpg

A fantastic walk today from Sliac to Banska Bystrica in Slovakia (25km) - beautiful trees in blossom and verdant greens everywhere. There was a lovely lady doing embroidery on the train.

Attachments

• IMG_20180421_083152.jpg
    IMG_20180421_083152.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180421_093525.jpg
    IMG_20180421_093525.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180421_073822.jpg
    IMG_20180421_073822.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Buenos dias caminantes. A lot of walking on concrete this morning, but we got it done. Returned to Mi Casa Humilde, went to the back yard, and it was all quiet, I believe el halcón malo (the bad hawk) is hiding somewhere in our plants (photo attached), the place is usually alive with birds and their songs, but not this morning, it feels really strange. Closing now for a couple of weeks, hitting the road on travel, but taking all my walking gear with me. Animo, no pares de caminar.

Patio Humilde.jpg

p.s. Have a happy Earth Day 2018 (April 22).

Last edited:

€83,-
Buenos dias caminantes. A lot of walking on concrete this morning, but we got it done. Returned to Mi Casa Humilde, went to the back yard, and it was all quiet, I believe el halcón malo (the bad hawk) is hiding somewhere in our plants (photo attached), the place is usually alive with birds and their songs, but not this morning, it feels really strange. Closing now for a couple of weeks, hitting the road on travel, but taking all my walking gear with me. Animo, no pares de caminar.

View attachment 41740

p.s. Have a happy Earth Day 2018 (April 22).
Enjoy your travels, until we see you posting again.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Compare these pictures, the first taken 10 days ago. Spring is in the air!

Attachments

• 9CC7B568-7556-4D06-BCF1-E2DD8BBCF28E.jpeg
    9CC7B568-7556-4D06-BCF1-E2DD8BBCF28E.jpeg
    565.3 KB · Views: 6
  • A5E1729B-78A3-4EEC-A492-82709A646503.jpeg
    A5E1729B-78A3-4EEC-A492-82709A646503.jpeg
    519.8 KB · Views: 6
Now the daytourists are back home it was time for an evening walk.
Stayed on the main road but it was still nice...and a 21 Celsius at 9 pm.

Attachments

• 20180422_212922.jpg
    20180422_212922.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20180422_213058.jpg
    20180422_213058.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180422_213113.jpg
    20180422_213113.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
This weekend I walked the Heartland Trail from Park Rapids MN to Walker MN. 48km (almost 30 miles). Very beautiful walk through hills and trees. Oh and quite a bit of snow and ice, that was a surprise.

It was a great test for my upcoming Camino in May. I trekked 20km the first day and stayed overnight. Then I finished it off with a 28km trek to my final destination. I learned quite a bit of what works and what doesn’t with my equipment.
20180422_114910.jpg20180422_095538.jpg

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.