• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk ( locally ) in 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We are able to walk the back lanes from home. Spring has come and the primroses are out.
Out past the ford, up the hill to look over Dartmoor, round to the old bridge and then back finishing over the footbridge at the ford again - and then the short distance home.
The primroses here are on the bank sides along the road and we also have some in our little garden

0671.JPG 0672.JPG 0675.JPG 0677.JPG 0678.JPG

We are able to walk the back lanes from home. Spring has come and the primroses are out.
Out past the ford, up the hill to look over Dartmoor, round to the old bridge and then back finishing over the footbridge at the ford again - and then the short distance home.
The primroses here are on the bank sides along the road and we also have some in our little garden

Beautiful photos

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This morning before the rain came and before Peg woke up I took a walk at one of our usual places. I had an unusual experience though. There is a pedestrian bridge very low to the water over a wide brook that is an inlet to a pond. As I approached I could hear the whistling of wings of a mallard duck and a bit of splashing that I thought might be turtles diving into the water. When I looked I saw brown fur; maybe a muskrat? No. Though small enough to be, this was a young beaver. It dove with a slap of its tail. I knew where it was going to go and I positioned myself on the bridge and looked down on the side opposite where the beaver was. As soon as it swam under it came up. One step and with another I could have stepped on its head. That beaver dove again really fast. Though it was submerged I could watch it make its way to the pond by the wake it make on the surface.

In my vicinity I still enjoy ½ a day´s Camino walk at my own discretion....
it keeps me sane and my body challenged in these Covid times...

foliage tunnels:

1586457561254.png

scenic underpasses

1586457652088.png

winding tracks

1586457948190.png

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
One of the benefits of not being able to travel too far, is that you can seek out all the places close to you that you never had time to stop and look at. This medieval church has its own Commonwealth War grave beside it which I had never noticed before. You can also see the french style of spire which is common to a lot of the older churches in this area.

And on the way back where better to stop than at the Pilgrims Rest next door to the Abbey.2020-04-10 09.55.27.jpg2020-04-10 10.24.21.jpg2020-04-10 10.33.24.jpg

Edit: Location is close to Hastings in the UK. Place called Battle where 950+ years ago some French tourists came over to play "Game of Thrones" for real. The won, stayed and brought their architecture with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The photos are so cool and make one curious about the area and about visiting them.
Sabine you must have a lot fruit related fest in the summer.
Those old wood frame houses are so great it looks a little bit French there the church? From the Norman times?
A Danish boardwalk is that cool, I love to guess.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Denmark is basically the result of being an estuary formed from ice melting from the ice caps over Norway and Sweden to the north of us, leaving debris on flat plains and undulating landscapers with fertile soil.
Hence the wildness of landscape forms has to be found at the coastline where cliffs are formed.

1586524557496.png
A brisk stroll in the cool air and bright sun was amazing and my my wife´s sore knee got some exercise and puffing lungs ensued...

Incidentally, there are a series of well mapped walking tracks to lure people into walking and taking ownership of the landscape. The entire circumference of our main Island , Zealand, is very much the same length as the Camino Francés, around 800 km...so training is readily available...
The coastlines are free to roam and encouraged into being used...
Many make trips in sequence and are never far from home, so local transport will bring them home safely..
For some the basis for taking to the Camino is what I hear....

1586526041293.png

Last edited:
True...I see what you say!
I have been to both countries, but it reminds me of French architecture more than the other. They must share more similarities than I realized.
I associate that style with Ye Olde England.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The coastlines are free to roam and encouraged into being used...
I'm envious. Most US states have public seashore from the mean high tide line out. In Massachusetts (and I think Maine, which was once part of Massachusetts) the private property extends to the mean low tide line. Some walk the beach without trespass by using an exclusion to the trespass law, they walk with fishing gear. The nasty details are here if interested:

I'm envious. Most US states have public seashore from the mean high tide line out. In Massachusetts (and I think Maine, which was once part of Massachusetts) the private property extends to the mean low tide line. Some walk the beach without trespass by using an exclusion to the trespass law, they walk with fishing gear. The nasty details are here if interested:
Just one hour drive from my home is a real "gem". It's the gorgeous, deep, spring fed Lake Geneva, located in southern Wisconsin. The whole 20 mile perimeter along the water is a public path, although all the property is owned by wealthy individuals with mansions, and a few resorts, many built as summer homes of Chicago's elite in the late 1800's+. I have walked the whole distance twice, although usually opt for just a section and a nice lunch overlooking the water. The landscaping is beautiful and varied as each homeowner has their own style. Here's a link.

We should have walked this morning in the sun but Peg was finishing her project of making and mailing covid masks for friends. After lunch she picked the same walk I did yesterday. It goes along three ponds. Two have beaver lodges.

Here are lodges and I include a picture of the third pond:
Screenshot_20200410-151234.png. Screenshot_20200410-151035.png. IMG_20200410_135518.jpg

A cornfield and the path along another:
IMG_20200410_140451.jpg. IMG_20200410_140645.jpg

This is that bridge that I mentioned yesterday. I helped build it ten years ago.
IMG_20200410_142501.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The pilgrims rest seems to be near Hastings, but that church feels a bit French that why I thought it maybe Norman, only the windows look more modern Elizabethan maybe, but I am guessing .......unfortunately have not been in the countryside . It feels more like our fortified churches more refuge than church.

@Stivandrer

Have always want to run up Sky Mountain (Himmelbjerget), the highest "mountain" in Denmark - all 482ft of it.

Today was Winchelsea where there is a gravestone worth checking out. You can see that spring has arrived in our little corner

2020-04-11 11.46.21.jpg

The village is one of the Cinque Ports where in return for providing ports and ships, they all got tax breaks (nothing new is there). Winchelsea despite being a port is about 1 mile inland.

Attachments

• 2020-04-11 11.29.57.jpg
    2020-04-11 11.29.57.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 8
  • 2020-04-11 11.26.18.jpg
    2020-04-11 11.26.18.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A selection of Camino Jewellery
An early morning walk to a neighbouring village that has a charming church dating back to the 12th century.
Glorious weather. I spotted some non local cars so I guess the local police will have to fine people again.
Some people just do not see the seriousness of the Covid situation in this country. No you cannot drive 100k by car to walk in another area! Rant over.

Attachments

• 20200412_091401.jpg
    20200412_091401.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20200412_094154.jpg
    20200412_094154.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200412_095732.jpg
    20200412_095732.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200412_094240.jpg
    20200412_094240.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200412_094337.jpg
    20200412_094337.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200412_090304.jpg
    20200412_090304.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
An early morning walk to a neighbouring village that has a charming church dating back to the 12th century.
Glorious weather. I spotted some non local cars so I guess the local police will have to fine people again.
Some people just do not see the seriousness of the Covid situation in this country. No you cannot drive 100k by car to walk in another area! Rant over.
You are entitled to your rant, Sabine. Thankfully, the majority of people are respecting the regulations.

20200411_100912.jpg20200411_100920.jpg
We have these sign's everywhere to remember you to keep your distance.
And we are only allowed to be outside with two people.
When you are with more the fine for that offence is €400, = per person.
20200412_091633.jpg
Watch over each other.
20200405_105550.jpg20200405_110004.jpg
The pear lane.

Stay safe and healthy dear friends🙏

After some fine days last week we are back to normal April weather - wind, rain, sleet, hail and snow. I didn’t want to take a walk. I didn’t even want to open the door to rescue the flowers.View attachment 73085
I "walked" out onto my deck a few days ago following the worst hail storm I have ever witnessed!

Attachments

• 20200407_191746.jpg
    20200407_191746.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yesterday morning I went walking on the Malvern Hills. Usually on an Easter Sunday, they would be bustling with activity, with cyclists, dog walkers and families galore. But instead I had the paths nearly all to myself. Such a special moment in these crazy times.IMG_20200412_094456.jpgIMG_20200412_092311.jpg

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Just been travelling over parts of the BPT "Old Way" which snakes past me. Just realised that the churches that I have posted recently are on this pilgrimage trail. Today was the oddly named Brownbread Street (a village) which is close by Bodle Street (another village)2020-04-15 10.40.33.jpg

Was on my way to Windmill Hill which unusually has an actual windmill on it. Very few have

2020-04-15 10.58.17.jpg

You then go past the salt marshes. Excellent salt marsh lamb and beef here and you pass over these flatlands on your way past Herstmonceux Castle - which is not a castle but a study centre for Queens University in Toronto (https://www.queensu.ca/bisc/) Nice video available

2020-04-15 11.51.19.jpg

Finally you reach the sea where despite people being furloughed and with time on their hands, there were few out today

2020-04-15 12.27.59.jpg

Check out the route of the "Old Way" here https://britishpilgrimage.org/old-way/

My morning walk with the warmest down coat I own. A dusting of snow and 30° F, but at least sunny and not too windy. I will be happy in a couple more weeks when spring actually decides to appear and stay.

Attachments

• 20200415_090616.jpg
    20200415_090616.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2020-04-15-10-52-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-15-10-52-02.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
[Today was the oddly named Brownbread Street (a village) which is close by Bodle Street (another village)
Check out the route of the "Old Way" here https://britishpilgrimage.org/old-way/
[/QUOTE]

not to fear, we have our strange place names ourselves:

1586975769931.png

€46,-
I thought this thread is about walking...not straddling!😅
they might have to walk quite a bit to find a tree to hug as woods are few and far btw in Iceland, which is why I feeel sorry for them......

"Oh, to be in England Now that April's there, And whoever wakes in England Sees, some morning, unaware, That the lowest boughs and the brushwood sheaf Round the elm-tree bole are in tiny leaf, While the chaffinch sings on the orchard bough In England - now!! " (Robert Browning)

I walked for hours yesterday in rural East Sussex, north of Hartfield, in bright spring sunshine under a cloudless blue sky, along silent woodland paths and across open pasture to a viewpoint looking south over rolling hills and fields - a view practically unchanged in a century. Browning was right about this time of year. It's the greening time when, first the hedgerows, then the understory (brushwood sheaf) gradually flush from dull winter brown to bright spring green in about 10 days. And now the bluebells, absent only a fortnight ago, are carpeting the woods in their annual show, if you know where to look. This is a magical time, especially in the current crisis, as Nature rolls on, as she always has, with her promise of rebirth and renewal, whatever happens.

Last edited:
A sublime morning walk. Warm, a light breeze, the air fragrant from opening buds and blossoms. This area is near the airport and there is usually the constant sound of planes taking off and landing. Now, in our current times, it's mostly quiet except for bird song. Walking through the community garden and passing the faerie? elves? hobbit? : ) hut that someone started a few weeks ago. Today there was wood prepared for a fire circle in front :)

FB49F236-A59F-4BCA-BFEB-BB40E3FBF59F.jpegEF1F6EFB-D83F-4FC3-8A3A-C6DA0CEB093A.jpeg965E0EF6-6E9A-4518-8AF0-90D0D3B8868A.jpeg8317694D-5E65-47F9-A0A0-10DAE2BFC33B.jpeg44084F03-65BF-478A-8E72-CA7C01E493AC.jpeg078F4D45-B72D-43EB-86A5-31888B69E8BE.jpeg

Last edited:

€83,-
A sublime morning walk. Warm, a light breeze, the air fragrant from opening buds and blossoms. This area is near the airport and there is usually the constant sound of planes taking off and landing. Now, in our current times, it's mostly quiet except for bird song. Walking through the community garden and passing the faerie? elves? hobbit? : ) hut that someone started a few weeks ago. Today there was wood prepared for a fire circle in front :)

View attachment 73283View attachment 73286View attachment 73285View attachment 73284View attachment 73288View attachment 73287
@Theatregal you are generous with sharing the wonderful world around you. When are you going to compile your book of birds?

they might have to walk quite a bit to find a tree to hug as woods are few and far btw in Iceland, which is why I feeel sorry for them......
This is an exceptional tree I encountered unfortunately not this year . But when you sit under it you feel so much peace. It’s a sycamore tree planted the same time the cathedral was built in Famagusta from 1299. So if this one endured so can we.
1587115807371.jpeg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My walk yesterday afternoon in town with daffodils and forsythia in bloom on the boulevard...and now my deck this morning. The contrast was surprising.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-17-06-35-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-06-35-21.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-06-36-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-06-36-06.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
@Theatregal you are generous with sharing the wonderful world around you. When are you going to compile your book of birds?
Thank you @kirkie :)Maybe a bird blog:) Especially for the bird life in the pin oak tree directly in front of my window. Now that I'm home all the time, I'm starting to feel like the Jane Goodall of the avian world. I'm noticing all the individual characteristics, varieties and behaviours of chickadees, hummingbirds, juncos, robins, finches, red wing blackbirds, flickers, starlings, hawks, crows... The excitement of seeing something new. Yesterday for the first time - a goldfinch in the tree!!!
goldfinch1.jpggoldfinch2.jpg

Last edited:
I delighted in this magical walk on the trail this morning!...Is it really mid April in Illinois?

EDIT- Snow photo at 8:00am...was totally gone by 2:00pm!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-04-17-09-13-13.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-09-13-13.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_2020-04-17-09-12-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-04-17-09-12-53.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Oh no hope your fruit trees were not blooming?

Just some rain drops and then beautiful in the Dahner Felsenland in the Palatian Forrest
1587217303868.jpeg Then it opens up for a great view of the hills an mountainside
1587217415177.jpeg From here you look over the old ruins about 15 km across the hill you find
1587217518216.jpeg
The Castle Trifels, where Richard Lionheart was prisoner.
And of course the Plantagenet ( broom Genisteae) plant is can be found as well.
1587217718779.jpeg
There is a story about how Richard was found there. His friend went from castle to castle disguiesed as a troubadour and alway song the same song as he did so at the foot of the castle Richard answered singing and sohis family knew where he was .

Last edited:
Just some rain drops and then beautiful in the Dahner Felsenland in the Palatian Forrest
View attachment 73335 Then it opens up for a great view of the hills an mountainside
View attachment 73336 From here you look over the old ruins about 15 km across the hill you find
View attachment 73337
The Castle Trifels, where Richard Lionheart was prisoner.
And of course the Plantagenet ( broom Genisteae) plant is can be found as well.
View attachment 73338
The area you live in is so picturesque...many of the photos you share is almost like being on a Camino in Spain!

When I walk I am thinking of you who maybe only have a hallway to wander up and down.
Through Dahn the Palatian Camino passes as well. So next time I may try this out.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As a nod to our Scandinavian neighbours, they have always been excellent travellers. Today was the coast where there is a representation of a viking longboat landing on the beach a thousand years ago.

2020-04-19 12.59.55.jpg

The town's reliance on the sea has reduced over the years but they still have the fishermens' hut. The strange shape is to allow the nets to be hung to dry. Fresh fish still on offer today but not many people buying. The boats don't sit in a harbour as you might expect but are beached until needed and then hauled to the water's edge.

2020-04-19 13.04.13.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi True thank you for the sentiment got any pics to go with this?

Saturday morning walk. The best time to walk these days is early morning or after sunset. The trails near my home are now too busy after 9am. Families out with their children, having picnics along the river, walking their dogs - it becomes difficult to have true social distance. All my quiet paths have been discovered! :)
S Tidal.jpgS Grassland.jpgS Blossom.jpgS Channel.jpgS Redwings.jpg

A few pictures from my walk today in one of the bigger parks in Copenhagen. It is still early spring, only the early spring flowers are blooming and only few trees have had leaves. The air is still cold, around 12 C in the afternoon, but the sun was shining and there was little wind, so a nice walk.

DSCN2241.JPG

DSCN2243.JPG

DSCN2244.JPG

DSCN2246.JPG

DSCN2247.JPG

How lovely Turga! I was on my honeymoon in Copenhagen. There is the little mermaid in your habour? If I remember right.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Another walk on the Malvern Hills again this morning. I am so fortunate that they are only 5 mins walk from my front door.

This was the view from the spot where I stopped and had some coffee. The sun was warm, the air was full of the scent of gorse and the gentle murmur of the breeze hid the sound of distant traffic. So calming and healing.

P1070161.jpg

Then I noticed in the distance the Eastnor Obelisk. It's a tiny mark to the right of the second hill, which is an Iron Age hill fort know as British Camp.
Here it is zoomed in where you can make out both the earth works of the hill fort and the obelisk below:
P1070166.jpg

The Obelisk is a memorial to the Honourable Edward Cocks Somers, who died in 1812 during the siege of Burgos. My husband went and took a closer look at Burgos castle last spring when he walked the CF, and I had intended to check it out myself this May....

The best time to walk these days is early morning or after sunset. The trails near my home are now too busy after 9am.
Early morning or after sunset. Exactly. My walk today was from 1:30 AM to 9:30 AM (17.5 miles / 28 km). Really. And it was just a bit below freezing, attested to by a wet sleeve on my down jacket forming ice. Let me give some biography and history before I describe my walk. We are talking about Massachusetts, USA by the way.

As a kid I always enjoyed getting a day off from school for the Patriots' Day holday. Back in those days it was always on the 19th of April though now the day of celebration comes on a nearby Monday (that's when the Boston Marathon is held). Patriots' Day is observed by only a very few states to commemorate the start of the American Revolutionary War (or War for Independence). Patriots' Day has more meaning to me than Independence Day does. I lived out on the other end of the state as a kid and shortly after getting my own transportation I made a few visits to Old North Bridge in Concord. It just felt right being there. The bridge (where the first order to fire upon the King's troops was given) and a portion of the old road between Boston and Concord are in Minuteman National Historical Park. I now live within walking distance of the place although it is far enough away for it to have always been a one way trip. Last month I reported here on a walk from there to home. Now for the history.

On April 19, 1775 General Gage, the military governor put in charge of the rebellious province after the official provencial government was disbanded, had about 700 of his troops march to Concord to confiscate or destroy weapons that intelligence said were there. American espionage found out about this plan about the same time the British army officers did and riders were sent out to warn surrounding towns. Though blunders, mistakes, ineptness, lack of disipline and circumstances of luck or lack of it (on both sides) a running battle took place during the regulars' return to Boston. The day ended with the army surrounded in Boston by the Provencial militia. After eleven months a surprise move by what had become the Continental Army under command of General Washington forced the British to evacuate Boston.

I've walked to North Bridge at night twice before to observe a dawn flag raising ceremony and salute but I used roads to get there. That caused sore feet so this time I decided to take some trails through the woods. It was wetter than I expected because of some recent snow and rain. It was slippery in spots due to ice. I only needed a flashlight in the spots that were wet or had roots. Most of the time I had enough light coming from the sky to avoid rocks. I made it to where the ceremony was to take place by 5:45 but, as I expected, the ceremony was cancelled because of social distancing guidelines. No one was there. I wanted to make the night walk anyway as that was what was happening 245 years ago. I took a short break to change socks and grab a sandwich out of my pack and then continued on into town to get to the Battle Road section of the park. I passed the homes of several famous 19th century writers along the way. Battle Road has eleven houses on it that were there in 1775 and there are signs describing the events that happened there. I slowed my pace down some once I passed North Bridge to take in the sights and to also time the completion of the walk with Peg's usual time to get out of bed. No, I didn't walk back home this time either.

The pictures (the first few taken with very low light): A tree next to a pond taken around 3:00AM (Sabine wanted pictures, she didn't say they had to be good ones), a barn at a gentleman's farm, frost near North Bridge, the Minuteman statue, boardwalk over a marsh at Battle Road, one of the old houses (Americans may care to know that it was owned by Abigal Adams' brother but no one else will care), Battle Road, marker telling a sorry tale.
IMG_20200419_024706.jpgIMG_20200419_053012.jpgIMG_20200419_055010.jpgIMG_20200419_055517.jpgIMG_20200419_074738.jpgIMG_20200419_082253.jpgIMG_20200419_084436.jpgIMG_20200419_092406.jpg

€46,-
How lucky are you to spot those messengers of spring. We have signes here to warn the drivers of. At night when the toads cross the streets volunteers help crossing with collecting them in buckets carry them to the other side.
1587360198827.jpeg

this morning I carried on to the side1587384566831.jpeg
some people are not aware why you need to slow down in those toad areas. They may miss your vehicle, but the air pressure you generate with your fast driving car kills them.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What I like most about the lock down is that you are limited to your vicinity and things I passed a thousand times I have time now to look at.
In the Ostertal they found a Roman villa rustica
1587385181983.jpeg
with geomagnetic field measurement they located it, but left it untouched for future generations to unearth.
First the geomagnetic image then a reconstruction drawing then the local.
1587385435263.jpeg 1587386122893.png1587385628664.jpeg
and here a rebuilt .
1587385765838.png
Tomorrow I go to his neighbor which is excavated.
Would it be not great that maybe in the future we pass sites like this and a hologram appears may voice activated and bring our history to life.

1587968129243.jpeg

Attachments

• 1587385475197.jpeg
    1587385475197.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 1587386083551.png
    1587386083551.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 1587386156057.jpeg
    1587386156057.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 1587967969958.jpeg
    1587967969958.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

€46,-
Hi Tanja where did you find your wooden cup. I was considering a wooden cup for my next Camino in order to use less plastic. I hope it was filled with Viina?

Hi Tanja where did you find your wooden cup. I was considering a wooden cup for my next Camino in order to use less plastic. I hope it was filled with Viina?

Hi Delphinoula,
It’s actually not a wooden cup (Kuksa) but a Kupilka which could be called a modernized version of the old classic.
It’s much better on the trek as it is easier to keep clean and so much lighter.
Take a look at this website for details 😊

...and it was actually coffee 😁

Since March 28th - I think - I have been restricted to a walk that is not in itself inspiring. I have used the time walking up and down in this space to travel all over the world. When I come in, at least in the evening or the early morning, I look here to see where in the world the rest of you have been. It is such a joy to see your photos!
Today I managed to sit down after my third half hour marching up and down with my nordic walking poles, and I read an article in Saturday's paper which I hope you will be able to access. The viewpoint of the photo in the article takes in the area where I live, to the left and about two thirds up the image.
First, my walking space and second, the article.Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 09.43.43.jpeg

Special attention of Theatregal!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Kirki, I see what you think as uninspiring, but fear not the Camino is here.
Do you have some street crayon. A couple of yellow arrows on the asphalt may improve your walk.
In the hospital I just had windowless stairwell.
I think your walk is full of secret doorways and windows , the blue door looks like
this actually1587397505455.jpeg the wooden door like a pass over a brook.
Then at the end you actually can see the ocean through the bares .1587397795549.jpegand now you turn your Walkman or whatever you have on and hear the ocean surf then you close your eyes a bit, enough that you just can see where you walking and the wooden blanks from your Portuguese will appear and tok tok tok there you walk your Camino. Maybe you have a citrus scent you could wear or some Lavender so to help you to get to your happy place. When you all by yourself you will get into the flow.🦹‍♀️

Last edited:
This section of the Old Way is going to throw a few people. As you leave the Pilgrims Rest in post #211 you travel through the town to the forest - the route it well signposted with the [standard] yellow arrows we use here.

A few miles further on the forest suddenly opens up into a popular golf course. You'll need to keep your eyes open for the balls flying past. Ancient routes have to give way to modern uses.

Attachments

• 2020-04-20 10.44.23.jpg
    2020-04-20 10.44.23.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 2020-04-20 10.41.33.jpg
    2020-04-20 10.41.33.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • 2020-04-20 10.32.05.jpg
    2020-04-20 10.32.05.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
How lucky are you to spot those messengers of spring. We have signes here to warn the drivers of. At night when the toads cross the streets volunteers help crossing with collecting them in buckets carry them to the other side.
View attachment 73456

this morning I carried on to the sideView attachment 73463
some people are not aware why you need to slow down in those toad areas. They may miss your vehicle, but the air pressure you generate with your fast driving car kills them.
Since we are talking about toads😀 (in Norwegian: padder) I went 25 km in my car yesterday to take these pictures of our local toad ‘colony ‘.BB2466A4-2110-4172-8E52-D4A04D75C70A.jpeg5F088E26-9134-4B8A-9D69-25D4EEB4EE64.jpeg0B2EBBE6-3425-4302-863A-8A7A8F1BB4A8.jpegB91AF280-0501-427F-B2F9-3D1F9AF06BE4.jpeg918FAF22-1926-432B-8ED7-2DD6B0209494.jpegB8ABF83F-1B71-407F-8A8C-02A6E3162EAB.jpeg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We have those toad walls too along the roads, we guide the toads towards a toad tunnel where they can cross safely.
yes the call quite loud. Years ago when clearing our land we found a pool above ground and the kids decided after seeing, that it was full of baby frogs .we could not drain it to make it a pool for humans again. The kids were really little and swimming their mayor delete in the hot south, but frog it was. It was a mystery to us how the gotten in or for that matter out. Flying frogs tree frogs bull frog able to leap that high ? We never found out. But back to the walks leaving now in a bit for that promised Roman Villa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back