• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where did you walk today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Gorgeous photos, Arminius!

Well, I got up at 5 and took a 25 minute walk around the park. It was cool and dark and complete with hooting owls.

Then I sat on the front porch with my coffee and watched the sun rise.

Life is so good, isn't it?!

I think I will stick to this regimen for a week; 25 min on land in the morning and 20-30 in the pool in the evening to strengthen the ankle.

So far so good.

Gorgeous photos, Arminius!

Well, I got up at 5 and took a 25 minute walk around the park. It was cool and dark and complete with hooting owls.

Then I sat on the front porch with my coffee and watched the sun rise.

Life is so good, isn't it?!

I think I will stick to this regimen for a week; 25 min on land in the morning and 20-30 in the pool in the evening to strengthen the ankle.

So far so good.
That sounds positive. To be able to live a good life according to what the day brings, thats my goal.
Enjoy your walks - the good life - nature.
Enjoy each others.

Anniesantiago, I wish you well!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Slower is faster. Had a good workout early this morning under foggy skies--the sun came out as I arrived home. September was a productive month, missing only three workouts due to travel. Overall: Good month.

Hi Arminius, we both are so privileged living in this beautiful part of Belgium!
Indeed Sabine. Limburg still harbours some beautiful nature (a rich history) - rolling landscapes (no mountains :);)).
The greenest of Flanders' provinces!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
With such beautiful weather we went for a walk on the fringes of Dartmoor. Very reminiscent of the Camino Inglés, plenty of hills and good views.
For those in Devon:- if you can walk this one you can walk the Inglés, therefore also the Primitivo or other Camino. :)
A few pictures here, the rest on the blog Walking Around
The path comes down to the gate, over the stile and straight onto the stones across the stream
Haytor from the hilltop
The track through the woods back up to Ilsington

Attachments

• ilsington4.jpg
    ilsington4.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 9
  • ilsington6.jpg
    ilsington6.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
  • ilsington8.jpg
    ilsington8.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 9
Today I jogged for 20 minutes in the swimming pool!
I'm taking it easy, breaking in after last year's injury - hoping to walk this year.
So pleased to hear that you too are on the mend and getting back to your beloved walking Annie. Wishing you well as you take care of your injury, keep your hopes and dreams alive, may you be blessed on your journey Buen Camino Annie.

So pleased to hear that you too are on the mend and getting back to your beloved walking Annie. Wishing you well as you take care of your injury, keep your hopes and dreams alive, may you be blessed on your journey Buen Camino Annie.

Thank you so much! :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
rocky surface.jpg Walked a leisurely 9 k today in Fumal: Promenade des chevreuils ( Walk of the Roe Deer ). Fell this week ( not whilst walking but at home tripping over a deconstructed bed..say no more so easy going on the walk with the help of some Voltaren gel ).

départ.jpg blauwe lucht.jpg bomenrij.jpg bridge.jpg balisage.jpg herfst.jpg

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Part of St Declan's Way which goes from Ardmore Co Waterford to Cashel Co Tipperary

Attachments

• Swiss cottage.jpg
    Swiss cottage.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Ardfinnan.jpg
    Ardfinnan.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Old water pump.jpg
    Old water pump.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 10
  • River Suir.jpg
    River Suir.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 11
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
A good weekend here for walking - cold, crisp and sunny.

Yesterday - Slieve Gullion, Co. Armagh, Northern Ireland. A nice walk to the summit, panoramic views
and an interesting megalithic tomb.
IMG_5806.JPGIMG_5807.JPGIMG_5815.JPGIMG_5813.JPG

Some traffic congestion this morning on my trail run in the Belfast Hills!
IMG_5823.JPG

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I like this post where Deise said:
Finished this " WAY " . . .
Good looking places! Thanks for the video. I have Ireland in my to-visit-listing. Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This morning I did an hour of water aerobics, then I thought I'd take my first walk out into the desert.
I left about 10:00 am and was back in half an hour, sweating like crazy.
The ankle seems to be doing fine, but I need to leave earlier for desert walks.
It's still quite hot here!

DSC_0599.jpg I'm currently on the Camino Castelliano-Aragonés, which joins Gallur on the Ebro and Santo Domingo de Silos on the Ruta de la Lana. It's a great camino, but goes through some empty spaces, so today I found myself doing 48km between dawn and dusk, the longest camino day I've ever (deliberately) done, between Ágreda and Fuensaúco. Saw some wonderful things - three Roman fountains, a couple of impressive towers and about five Romanesque churches, all with the squat grandeur of Montcayo in the background.

www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=11174674

Attachments

• DSC_0588.jpg
    DSC_0588.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
This morning I did an hour of water aerobics, then I thought I'd take my first walk out into the desert.
I left about 10:00 am and was back in half an hour, sweating like crazy.
The ankle seems to be doing fine, but I need to leave earlier for desert walks.
It's still quite hot here!
Goodto hear your improving Annie seems to be a bad year for pilgrims this year (I'm "Down a bit" waiting for two opps around Christmas time) doesn't stop me walking though, so I am more fortunate than some poor people. Here's a couple of DSC05264.JPG DSC05269.JPG pics I took yesterday in Derwentwater Cumbria.

Attachments

• DSC05269.JPG
    DSC05269.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC05269.JPG
    DSC05269.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
11 k walk in Heron. Grey and rain but nice walk20151025_114542.jpg 20151025_113954.jpg

Attachments

• 20151025_111412.jpg
    20151025_111412.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20151025_111130.jpg
    20151025_111130.jpg
    794.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20151025_101505.jpg
    20151025_101505.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20151025_100144.jpg
    20151025_100144.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20151025_095631.jpg
    20151025_095631.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20151025_092601.jpg
    20151025_092601.jpg
    826.1 KB · Views: 15
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi all, we had a nice walk today in Zeeland, province in Holland. We came across this nice mill.
Enjoy, wish you all well, Peter.
Indeed Peter. A very nice Dutch mill. Zeeland; the province of water - the Dutch trubble with the sea (winternight of 1953).
Peter, houdt de wind in de zeilen!:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Another nice little ramble in the Mourne mountains - Slieve Commedagh, Hare's Gap and a few other little ups and downs.

We recently joined a walking group, to do some 'proper' hill walking between Caminos. It has been a great way of varying our usual routines. We are normally pretty lazy about pre-Camino training.

IMG_6053.JPG IMG_6040.JPG IMG_6042.JPG IMG_6045.JPG

heuveltje.jpg boomgaard.jpg mergel.jpg lichtinval.jpg hot air balloon.jpg Only five k today at local Groot-Gelmen. Late night and being 46 years old = bad combination to do a long walk. But hey I crawled out of my couch didn't I...:p And a glorious 19 degrees Celsius on this first day of November.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Its been a while since I've checked in on this thread - I like to see it on my full size computer screen, rather than a mobile device. It continues to be a delight. The world is a beautiful place. So many glorious photos.

8k after the rain - Waterford

Suir Valley walk being worked on at present - will be 40km walk/cycle track to Dungarvan.
the train track is for mini-train for children of all ages.

Attachments

• healthy specimen.jpg
    healthy specimen.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • Suir bridge.jpg
    Suir bridge.jpg
    723.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Suir valley walk  train.jpg
    Suir valley walk train.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The water in the ford in the bottom was running in spate (two feet deep) and made it impossible to cross to the path vanishing around the hillside!123. The North Cold stone's mines. .JPG

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Anvers! L'union fait la force - Concordia res parvae crescunt - Strength lies in unity!:););)
S., I hope that you have a splendid day!

I did a short walk in the Wadbilliga NP near Cooma today. At this time of year, many wildflowers are past their prime, but this little Native Lily was still looking good. The other shots are of the track into the lookout, and Tuross Falls.

PC062324.JPG PC062325.JPG PC062328.JPG

Not the best of weather today, but a decent walk with pregrina b and a friend probably our last before Christmas. So Happy Christmas to all you fellow photographers and may you have many good shots in the 2016.

Attachments

• DSC05320.JPG
    DSC05320.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • DSC05321.JPG
    DSC05321.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Local walk into the fields - 13°C-55.4°F. Castles & a transparent church (weighing 30 tonnes).

Attachments

• PC259902.JPG
    PC259902.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PC259909.JPG
    PC259909.JPG
    828.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PC259924.JPG
    PC259924.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • PC259912.JPG
    PC259912.JPG
    733.2 KB · Views: 5
  • PC259918.JPG
    PC259918.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • PC259894.JPG
    PC259894.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PC259916.JPG
    PC259916.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 5
Burning some Christmas calories ;)
Glorious 14 Celsius, really too warm for this time of the year.You can see some tentative sprouting on the fruittrees. This will be a disaster for the farmers when temperature will drop !
Also a pic of the roman villa landmark :
20151226_110846.jpg 20151226_111539.jpg 20151226_105240.jpg

IMG_6372.JPG

Early morning St. Stephen's Day walk in the Belfast Hills with my neighbour - no views due to the fog and rain.

I feel suitably virtuous after this little bout of exercise, so I can now spend the rest of the day on the sofa with a book :). The family can eat Christmas left-overs for the next couple of days - this cook is officially on strike.

Last edited:

€46,-
Walked on my farm with the dogs yesterday - step across a huge Python in the footpath - luckily it just had his Christmes dinner and moved very slowly and reluctantly! Today it is raining and because we have just come though a very hot and dry season we just sit and watch the magic of rain! image.jpeg image.jpeg

€46,-
As my rehabilitation progresses, I've been allowed out W-A-L-K-I-N-G again but under strict rules ho hum...

Anyway, our local beach is fabulous with the reef visible and a yacht on the horizon. Everyone was at the shops for the sales today so that it was relatively deserted. I walked in the surf break, Fox whistle in hand, watching for sharks as my hubby swam (you can just make him out) in training for the annual Jetty to Jetty on Australia Day. This is the same beach where we found our scallop shells and Cruz de Ferro stones.

ptnoarlunga.jpg

I went walking in the local National Park today with my grand-daughter. It wasn't too hot, but we did want to find a spot where we could cool off after our walk, and this pool was great, if a bit chilly! The dragonfly stopped long enough to have its photo taken.
View attachment 23026 View attachment 23027 View attachment 23028

Attachments

• PC282346.JPG
    PC282346.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
  • PC282347.JPG
    PC282347.JPG
  • PC282357.JPG
    PC282357.JPG
  • PC282359.JPG
    PC282359.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

€60,-

€60,-
First hike of the year for me. The sea and sun were roaring.View attachment 23153
PS would it be prudent to start a 2016 version of this thread?

Stunning photo, Rachael.

And yes, a new thread is a good idea. I find that the current one takes a while to load, probably because it has 7 pages of photos.

This is one of my favourite forum threads - I really enjoy walking vicariously with all of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back