• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Where is the bus station in Pamplona!

CaminoKris2013

Time of past OR future Camino
(2014)
I feel all turned around, but if it wasn't for catching a cab after getting thru the crazy crowds in the old part of town, I'd still be looking for my hotel for tonight. I am staying at the Hotel Europa if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Camino de Santiago Forum

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
there is a tourist information office there in Pamplona......
They have maps, etc and I found them to be very helpful throughout the Camino, and they will also stamp your pilgrim's passport. ;)
If you have the Brierley guidebook it has a good map of Pamplona in it.Can get you to the tourist's office.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
It is over by the Citadele.

Estación de Autobuses de Pamplona
Calle Yanguas y Miranda, 2
31003 Pamplona
Navarra, Spain

Is that the same as Ciudadela in Brieley's guide? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question, but like I said I am having a hard time figuring out these old Spanish big cities.

That is the one. Get a map of Pamplona from any of many tourist locations, including the Jesus y Maria albergue desk.

Hi, Kris,
You are very close to the bus station. It should be about about a ten minute walk.

From your hotel, get out onto Calle Vergel, and turn right (to the left is the bull ring). Walk about 6 blocks to the end of the street and turn left -- you are now on the Calle Yanguas y Miranda, and the bus station is on that street right after a big roundabout. Good luck! Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I feel all turned around, but if it wasn't for catching a cab after getting thru the crazy crowds in the old part of town, I'd still be looking for my hotel for tonight. I am staying at the Hotel Europa if that helps.

Kris, it sounds as if you are doing it a bit tough. Sending you puffs of encouragement! Remember it takes at least two weeks to get trail fit - and sometimes It is just sheer deep stubbornness that gets me there - one foot in front of the other, one foot in front of the other. Keep walking, no matter how slowly!

I stayed there and loved it if that helps! Nowhere near La Ciudadela; used la Plaza del Castillo as landmark instead. A bit of a walk (800 mtrs to be exact) to La Ciudadela which is by where the main bus station in Pamplona is.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Very difficult to understand , why don't you ask anyone on the street to point you where is the bus station or estación de autobuses!
We here is Spain have a said 'asking you can get to Rome', I mean you are not in the middle of no where or a really small village or in the country.
Buen Camino and don't be shy to ask!

The bus station in Pamplona is mostly underground. I had to ask twice and retrace three times before I located the modest above ground escalator entrance. It really wasn't obvious until I was within the block. Luckily I went early in the day to locate the station before needing to be there for the evening bus to Roncevalles.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I should have mentioned that I asked twice and retraced three times WHILE I was using the google maps app on my iphone. The estacion de renfe in Pamplona does not have a large presence at all above ground.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I should have mentioned that I asked twice and retraced three times WHILE I was using the google maps app on my iphone. The estacion de renfe in Pamplona does not have a large presence at all above ground.
Estacion de autobus, I think you mean; the Renfe station is some distance away and down the hill.

As I recall, The bus station is by a park. The entrance is a glass structure above ground but the buses are underground.

Joe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back