• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where is this bridge? Just a little fun.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry, I’d meant to offer a guess at this a while ago. This looks like a bridge outside of Burgos on the way to Rabe but I remember a prominent cutwater. Perhaps it was on the other side if this is the same bridge.
Puente del Arzobispo over the Rio Arlanzón is my guess.

According to Google, Palacios de Benaver is a bit northwest. Thank you for the history tidbit!
Quite right.

The quote about Alfonso VI is from Gitlitz and Davidson.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
As we have veered a bit from bridges I'll add some fresh photos that I took in 1999 with my first digital camera, a whopping 1MP. I apologize for the graininess, best viewed 'SMALLER' rather than larger.

You would find this modest basilica on a variant of the CF, about 3km away. Very unassuming on the exterior. Dating back to the 3rd century. A rich history and well worth the detour.

03.jpg07.jpg11.jpg14.jpg

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
As we have veered a bit from bridges I'll add some fresh photos that I took in 1999 with my first digital camera, a whopping 1MP. I apologize for the graininess, best viewed 'SMALLER' rather than larger.

You would find this modest basilica on a variant of the CF, about 3km away. Very unassuming on the exterior. Dating back to the 3rd century. A rich history and well worth the detour.

View attachment 86194View attachment 86195View attachment 86196View attachment 86211
It is in Rioja. After doing a quick search it appears that it may not have been visited by many on this Forum as of a few years ago. In fact, one person following this thread, had shown some interest. Hope that helps spark some ideas :)

It is the Virgen de los Arcos de Tricio.
The plaster vault is a pity....
Correct! Basílica de Santa María de los Arcos. If I remember there has been some controversy regarding some of the restoration over the years, Funny, I just took a look on the web and it appears they removed the asphalt around the front and replaced it with grass. That was something I remember striking me as odd was the asphalt. My 1999 shot on the left. La Rioja Turismo web site on the right.

1603810775051.png 1603810833723.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Okay , here we go with another option other than a bridge. To start with it will be completely unfair for you to guess the church interior so I will give you a few clues as we go on. The first clue is that this church is in between Pamplona and Logróno.It is apparently owned by private people so it is rarely seen, Found next to a small river.
russia and camino 2014 017.JPG
russia and camino 2014 018.JPG
The facilities beg for an Albergue opportunity.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi Caminantes, My wife and I are leaving for Madrid from Brisbane - AU on May 4th to walk the Frances. We are flying with Qatar. I am a bit worried that if I check in my backpacks, they have a...
Hi all, Im walking my first Camino in April (CF) and was wondering if it would be likely for me to encounter leeches? I know for most people leeches are not a big deal but they are in plague...
In past years, when we walked from Samos to Sarria, there was simply a yellow arrow that went off to the right of the highway, up a hill, past a pig farm then a sharp left turn at a small church...
Are you also interested to know the reasons why other fellow pilgrims choose to walk El Camino? Please participate in the poll!
Several local websites have reported a small earthquake this afternoon with an epicentre in the Sarria area. Apparently felt quite strongly locally but with little likelihood of property damage...
Hello!! I am a retired Spanish gentleman living in Madrid. My name is Jose and I would like to do the Camino de Santiago again!!! But this time I would like to walk and improve my English Level...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back