• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where the heck are all the buses HELP please!

GreatDane

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF to Burgos Sept/Oct 2014, Burgos to Astorga April 2016, Astorga to SdC 2017
I am in Najera tonight and need to be in Burgos by September 30. So where the heck are all these buses I was promised (sorry can´t find the question mark n the keyboard). I need to jump ahead on some sections to keep to schedule and to attempt days no longer than 15km (my torn miniscus is acting up). I was able to find the schedule for Sunday Sept 28 on Jimenez bus line (tourist office helped me) for Granon to Belardo but can´t find any buses west of there to do any hopscotching and arriving Burgos on time..

Sept 26 will be walking from Najera to Ciruena, Sept 27 will be Ciruena to Granon if I can make a reservation. Sept 28 Sunday I can hopefully take a mid morning bus from Granon to Belorado (making a reservation there too!). Monday I want to walk as far as Villafranca and take a rumored bus from there to St Juan de Ortega or Ages. I will take a taxi from SJdO to Ages if I need to.

Does any one have either the experience or can find the information for me, that would be fantastic. I am on the euro internet machine at the Municiple Albergue in Najera and will check again in the morning. THANKS SO MUCH! The camino has been wonderful and today was my best walking ever.

Susan

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Check the schedules posted at the bus station in Najera. They will have the intermediate stops to Burgos.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I am heading west towards Burgos not east to Logrono!!!

Here is link to Burgos bus station. You can put in your origin as 'destino' and work backwards using the bus line information.
http://www.aytoburgos.es/turismo-en-burgos/como-llegar/estacion-de-autobuses-de-burgos

As far as I am aware, Autobuses Jiminez provides service to communities between Logrono and Burgos. Some of the villages on the camino and not on the highway get service on the order of once per week. You'll have to enter the origin (ie Najera) on the Jiminez website to get the time the bus will be at the village.

This is from the Burgos bus station information:

BURGOS - LOGROÑO (POR BELORADO)
LUNES A SÁBADO: 8,30 - 10,30 - 15,00 - 16,30 - 20,00
LUNES A JUEVES: 12,45 - 20,00
VIERNES: 13,00 - 20,00
DOMINGO: 14,00 - 17,00 - 19,00 - 20,00

Días festivos consultar horarios

EMPRESA: AUT. JIMÉNEZ
INFORMACIÓN:
Tlfno: 947 26 69 30
Taquillas: 12 - 13
www.grupo-jimenez.com

Itinerario:
Burgos
Zalduendo
Santovenia de Oca (cruce)
Galarde (cruce)
Villafranca Montes de Oca
Espinosa del Camino
Villambistia
Tosantos
Belorado
Villamayor del Río
Viloria de Rioja (cruce)
Castildelgado
Redecilla del Camino
Grañón
Santo Domingo de la Calzada
Nájera
Navarrete
Logroño

This comes up with 'destino' Villafranca Montes de Oca showing there are more bus routes than just Burgos - Logrono servicing the area.

Líneas que acceden a su destino
BURGOS - ZARAGOZA ( AUTOPISTA )
BURGOS - CAMBRILS
BURGOS - CEREZO RÍO TIRÓN
BURGOS - LOGROÑO (POR BELORADO)
BURGOS - VALENCIA
BURGOS - ZARAGOZA (POR PUEBLOS)

Last edited by a moderator:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hola

I understand from your entries that you are in a pressed situation, so stay calm :)
The solution will present itself.
I am sure several members of this forum will continue to provide options.

Best advice right now, I think, is to seek Spanish assistance.
If you are staying at an albergue, ask the hospitalero/a for help to make a call or point the way to the bus station.
If you are close to a hotel, they will also provide help if you ask.
One of the sites that Falcon refers to have a telephone number : 902202787.
If you speak a little Spanish make the call, else ask for assistance.
If you happen to have Spanish pilgrims near, ask them.
Tomorrow I suggest you go to the tourist information to have them help, if all other options have been depleted.

Remember; this is all part of your Camino so try to enjoy it :)

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Hola

Found this:

Logrono to Burgos 26/09/2014
ALSA (bus company)
Departure: 12:00 arrival 14.24
Departure 19:00 arrival 21:24
6 €

12:00 bus is almost empty according to reservations 45 seats available.
19:00 bus has 1 seat reserved.

You can make an online booking on :
http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa/template.PAGE/menuitem.a2b8c42c4264a03c66c766c7421000e5/?javax.portlet.tpst=28b12525bd34c9fec845c845421000e5&javax.portlet.prp_28b12525bd34c9fec845c845421000e5=_spageview=%2FSearchExpeditions.do&_kraview=1&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

but personally I would just go there and buy it on site.

Bare rolig. Det skal nok gå.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

P.S

After re-reading your entry I am unsure what information you actually seek?
Be specific: from where to where. And when?

If you are in Villafranca de Montes de Oca , and stay at San Anton Abad, early am ,the bus goes from the bus stop to the right of the hotel/alburgue, to Burgos. Then go to Santiago from Burgos. I took that bus in May of '12.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you have internet access - then I also use Google Map to work out your from and to and ask for public transport - that will give you the next by default, or you can change to a specific time to leave / arrive

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
GreatDane, I'm in Belorado now (sat pm). the schedule posted at the tourist office and at the bus stop (where you will get off) will give you times of buses heading west. There are also names of towns where the bus stops on the way to Burgos. You may need to get off outside SJdO and walk to it - the bus stays on the highway, and doesn't go into some smaller towns. Ask - even if you don't speak Spanish- people will help!! good luck and Buen Camino!
Terry

Also, there ARE buses (The ones from belorado going west) from villafranca heading west several times on weekdays, not so often on Sunday.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am back from my camino and want to thank everyone that posted bus suggestions!!!! My concern then was I would get one set of schedules at the albergue, another set with different times at a bus stop, and another from bus drivers who would say NO, no autobus. PLM drivers would say no Jimenez, Jimenez would say PLM. And everyone waiting at the bus stops for the same bus would have received differing information from their albergues! I also want to thank the couple of eastern European bus drivers I asked who would tell me what ended up being the most accurate information stored in their heads. :) I found wifi to be a bit spotty when I "needed" it and kept getting error messages on the Jimenez website. But obviously I lived to tell the tale and ended up in Burgos when I needed to. (And was extra glad I didn't find out about buses west of Burgos headed either to Leon or back to Burgos if I'd continued walking - I ended up with pneumonia!!! That wouldn't have been a good situation walking the Meseta)

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back