Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

where to begin??

melamee

i could use some advice on how to start my first camino. am planning on doing the CF in and starting in saint jean pied de port. i live in helsinki and was thinking that i could fly into paris, take the train to bayonne and then another train from there to sjpdp. but....i may also make a stop over in germany (duesseldorf area) before starting the camino, so i'm wondering if there's a better place to fly into/start from? i'll have a maximum of 3 weeks (not planning on doing the whole thing this time around).

also, my partner will be flying from helsinki to meet up with me when i finish, but we are really unsure about where she should fly into and where we could meet. (she's going to rent a car, so she could come and pick me up if necessary.)

any advice at all would be appreciated. i'm quite open and flexible about the whole thing (including trying non-traditional routes, starting somewhere different, etc), i just need to try to coordinate it all (and i'm notoriously organizationally deficient :? )

cheers in advance!
mel :D

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Ulysse

Wherever you come from, Bayonne is the closest (and easiest) town to go to StJPdeP by train.

Buen camino to you two. :lol:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings