A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

where to begin??

i could use some advice on how to start my first camino. am planning on doing the CF in and starting in saint jean pied de port. i live in helsinki and was thinking that i could fly into paris, take the train to bayonne and then another train from there to sjpdp. but....i may also make a stop over in germany (duesseldorf area) before starting the camino, so i'm wondering if there's a better place to fly into/start from? i'll have a maximum of 3 weeks (not planning on doing the whole thing this time around).

also, my partner will be flying from helsinki to meet up with me when i finish, but we are really unsure about where she should fly into and where we could meet. (she's going to rent a car, so she could come and pick me up if necessary.)

any advice at all would be appreciated. i'm quite open and flexible about the whole thing (including trying non-traditional routes, starting somewhere different, etc), i just need to try to coordinate it all (and i'm notoriously organizationally deficient :? )

cheers in advance!
mel :D

Wherever you come from, Bayonne is the closest (and easiest) town to go to StJPdeP by train.

Buen camino to you two. :lol:

OLDER threads on this topic

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 59 17.5%
  • May

Votes: 83 24.6%
  • June