Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Where to buy a pilgrim credential online?

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Year of past OR future Camino
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Future: Roncessvalle
Or by mail order? I plan to start my camino at or near Pamplona, where can I buy a credential in advance?

Thanks in advance

Frank

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

scapaflo

Where are you starting? If SJPDP, YOU CAN GET ONE THERE for Free! I joined the "American Pilgrims on the Camino" $50 sent for my credential and arrived a couple weeks later. Hope this helps. Al

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
I think any country with an CSJ-affiliated association will provide them. We get ours online from the Canadian Company of Pilgrims - http://www.santiago.ca/

Very easy, and especially useful if you are worried about getting the credencial once in Spain.

lynne

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim
Completed Caminos: 2009 SJPP, 2011 Roncessvalle , 2012 Pamploma, 2013 Roncessvalle, 2013 Porto, 2014 Burgos, 2014 Porto

Thanks for the advice, have just found the Australian C S J :)

jl

Veteran Member
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
There is a group in Adelaide who are going through the process at present of forming a "formal" Friends of the Camino, and when that is done we hope to have a pilgrim credential to offer to our members. I will post the latest info about this when all is confirmed - possibly 6 - 8 weeks away. regards, Janet

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
You can buy one online from Mundicamino.
Its quite nice to have it stamped by yur local parish before you leave.

Trudy

(2006) Roncesvalles to Leon (2007) Leon to Compostela
Thanks for the advice, have just found the Australian C S J

Does this mean we can now get pilgrim credencials in Australia?

Trudy

jl

Veteran Member
Frances('05, '07), Aragonese ('05), del Norte / Primitivo ('09), Via Tolosana (Toulouse '05), Via Podiensis (Le Puy '07), Via Lemovicensis (Troyes '09), VF ('12), Winter Camino ('13/'14) Cammino d'Assisi ('14) Jakobseweg (Leipzig - Paris '15) San Salvador/Norte ('15) Ignaciano ('16) Invierno ('16)
Hi Trudy, I am not sure what site Frank has found that is the Australian CSJ. As far as I have been able to find out there is no official CSJ here. As I said in the post above a group of us have been working towards getting one off the ground, although our name will be a "friends of" rather than a CSJ, and as soon as we become official we will have a credential available for members. The time is getting closer, and we will publish it as soon as it is. I am afraid it is a case of "watch this space" until then. regards, Janet

ffp13

Addicted pilgrim

The kindle camino guide had a list of links to various CSJ around the world, Australia was on that list. After closer examination it is actually the UK CSJ, I was wrong :(

grayland

Staff member
Yes
ffp13 said:
The kindle camino guide had a list of links to various CSJ around the world, Australia was on that list. After closer examination it is actually the UK CSJ, I was wrong :(

Which guide is available on the Kindle? Can you post a link?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
Here is a link to the Pilgrim's Office "Credencial" page. They establish what is required for a credencial that will be accepted at the end of your camino when you go to get your compostela. I seem to remember that they won't accept one from a tour company, but I could be wrong.

http://peregrinossantiago.es/eng/prepar ... redencial/

Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
Hi Johnnyman
You can get your credencial at the Bishop's Palace in Pamplona. We did in 2009 but I have forgotten where it is. Sorry
Heather

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings